Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters (3377 Views)

Pirates Attack Polish Ship In Niger Delta, Kidnap 5 / JTF Arrests Mastermind Of Bayero Attack, 2 Others / Sambo's House Attack: 2 Arrested At Zaria Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by chyz(m): 4:27am On Dec 23, 2010
[size=18pt]Pirates attack 2 vessels on Lagos waters[/size]

News Dec 22, 2010

BARELY three months of relative peace, sea robbers struck twice last week on Lagos waters, attacking two ships, injuring crew and carting away valuables.

Although details of the attacks were not revealed to our correspondent, it was confirmed that in one of the attacks four foreign crew members were brutally attacked as about eight robbers armed with crowbars, machetes and guns fired upon and boarded a general cargo ship (identity unknown) that was drifting off about 30 nautical miles off the Lagos Fairway Buoy.

The robbers reportedly escaped with ship and crew members cash and property.
The attack in which four crew were injured was unleashed on a cargo vessel which was destined for Apapa port of Lagos. It took place on Tuesday December 14.

In the second attack, which also occurred about 25 nautical miles of Lagos, it was the dexterity and bravery of the ship’s captain that saved the day as the robbers could not board the ship, despite their spirited attempts.

According to the International Maritime Bureau, IMB, piracy reporting centre in Kuala Lumpur, “a suspicious vessel approached a drifting container ship. At a distance of 2.1 nm the vessel stopped and launched a skiff with seven armed pirates. The skiff chased and fired upon the ship with intent to board.”

The report which was accessed last week by our correspondent the ship’s “Master raised alarm, increased speed and crew activated fire hoses, smoke signals and fired rocket flares at the skiff.

“The pirates made several attempts to board the ship and finally aborted the attack due to the effective anti-piracy measures taken by the ship including rigging of razor wires and electric fence.”

Both incidents were (unlike in previous attacks) reported to the IMB immediately. They were both recorded as attacks 423 and 427, respectively.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/pirates-attack-2-vessels-on-lagos-waters/
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Blazay(m): 5:15am On Dec 23, 2010
Pirates. . . fancy word for 'terrorists'?
Treasure Island does not come to mind.
Never knew we had "pirates" in Lagos waters. . .

Are these "Nigerian" pirates or illegal pirates? cheesy

Or do we mean 'area boys'?
Or 'youth'. . .
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by EzeUche0(m): 5:16am On Dec 23, 2010
Na wa o!

Somali pirates in West Africa
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Blazay(m): 5:19am On Dec 23, 2010
Mu he he he he

Or could they be 'Dutch' slave merchant ships. . . ?

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
ho ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Chips ahoy!

Nigerian press na wah!

Which wan be pirates again?
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by EzeUche0(m): 5:20am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^

Naija ppl would gladly be slaves in order to leave Nigeria

If slave ship comes to Lagos, the line would be very long o!
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Blazay(m): 5:22am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^
Do you blame them"
Why you nor wait for dia huh? wink

First, we had dead whales. . . . now pirates.

What next?

Mammy wotas? cheesy

Or Jisos floating around with his 12 disciples?

Disu Fashola is working wonders in disu Lagos o!

Chai!
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by rasputinn(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
Dont they have marine police and a special anti-piracy outfit in Lagos
I trust BRF,it wont haffen again,walahi
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by MrCork3: 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
Pirates? anyways, i suspet thoise IBO people from Niger Dealta (no oofeinse) undecided
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by apoti(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2010
!!Mr Cork:

Pirates? anyways, i suspet thoise IBO people from Niger Dealta (no oofeinse) undecided

@Mr cork, it's like you just copy and paste this on every thread, i bow for your bad belle!
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by mynaija123(m): 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
Chai, Pirates ke.

Easy way to offload containers with illegal goods in it.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by gReenmAn(m): 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2010
!!Mr Cork:

Usual monotonous, unfunny, no-brain posts.

By the way you do not have to be in every thread.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by MrCork3: 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2010
gReenmAn:

Usual monotonous, unfunny, no-brain posts.

By the way you do not have to be in every thread.

ok sir! U loook IBO angry
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by nvo5(f): 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2010
Mr coke, what kind of man are you??
skip the topic if you don't know what to write.
I'm short of words i would rain insult upon insult on you.
BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ONCE
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by bisiaet: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
Nonsense thread! What is Pirate where does that came from? Please this is out of point and irrelevant.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
what do u expect when you have thousand of youth unemployed, I beg leave this Boys to pirate the sea, Ask custom what they pirate,
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by MrCork3: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
nvo5:

Mr coke, what kind of man are you??
skip the topic if you don't know what to write.
I'm short of words i would rain insult upon insult on you.
BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ONCE

nvo5, madam are u one of te IBO pirate? undecided
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by snowdrops(m): 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
!!Mr Cork:

comments like this will get you banned yet again
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by aliali: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
!!Mr Cork:

Mr. Cork, me heard your papa mama be IBO and your mama,s mama IBO too, so you half-quarter IBO (every oofeinse) shocked
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by 190: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
[size=17pt]CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW IN OUR WATERS

EVERY BODY RUNNNNNNNN,

TAKE COVER,
[/size]
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by mynaija123(m): 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ibo kwenuuuuuu, he, ibo kwezwenuuuuuuuuuuu, heeeeeeeee he.

Athough i am edo, i love u guys.

One nigeria.

Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2010
It was IBB, Atiku, Ciroma and other northerners (almajiris) that sponsored them. cool
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by olabukola: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
mynaija123:

One nigeria.
Guy where did u get this picture from.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by mynaija123(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2010
olabukola:

Guy where did u get this picture from.

Was the picture missing

Just a tribute to my IBO friends.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Obiagu1(m): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2010
mynaija123:

Was the picture missing
Just a tribute to my IBO friends.

Hilarious!
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by AndreUweh(m): 1:23am On Dec 24, 2010
mynaija123:

One nigeria.
In that picture, it boldly exhibited Igbo. But here, you chose the insultive version (ibo). Why?.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by scholes0(m): 4:24am On Dec 24, 2010
Never knew there was an insultive version,
In primary schools across Non-Eastern parts of Nigeria today, Teachers still teach, that there are three major tribes,
Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa??,
Well, I believe change from Ibo to Igbo, will be a gradual process, if the East really wants to change that notion smiley
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2010
Babzilla:

It was IBB, Atiku, Ciroma and other northerners (almajiris) that sponsored them. cool

i tell you the almajiris dnt even know what ship look like talk more of pirating.they can only be sponsor to know when world crisis of christ nd mohammed so they will slaughter the igbos.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 24, 2010
@mr cork amù gi zaaa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2010
LOL . . . .  Hilarious!

I dont know what, but just hilarious. Pirates ko heeheh
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by NnamdiN: 10:48am On Dec 24, 2010
I guess this would replace kidnapping. It has always been one crime replacing another in 9ja.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by alldone(m): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
but the Nigeria Navy said they are up to the task and that they would provide security to the whole west Africa water.
so this is a challenge to them if they cant even protect their own territory let alone others.
Re: Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters by tunde247: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2010
where is the nigerian police

(1) (Reply)

Are You From Anambra State? / Who Hacked Nairaland And Have They Stolen 1 Million Plus User Data / Abia PDP Governor Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.