Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,980 members, 7,810,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu (2418 Views)

Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined / AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally / Nigeria's Amos Adamu Offer To Sell Fifa Hosting Rights For £500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by shakomende: 4:30am On Dec 23, 2010
According to NEXT, Amos Adamu, FIFA Executive Committee member who was banned for three years by FIFA from all football related activities for his role in the cash-for-vote scandal, was yesterday arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

He arrived the commission’s office yesterday morning and was interrogated for several hours by operatives of the anti-graft agency over how the N24 billion
budgeted for the 2003 All Africa Games, whose organising committee he headed, was spent.

Adamu returned to Nigeria on Friday night from Europe where he had been since the cash-for-vote scandal broke in October. The former Director General of the National Sports Commission (NSC) is also expected to explain how N1.3 billion was spent as “PR”. Femi Babafemi, the spokesperson of the EFCC said Adamu is being quizzed for another 180 million naira involving his wife as well as an 80 million naira expenditure involving his son-in-law. Adamu was expected to be granted administrative bail last night according to Babafemi, who confirmed that the FIFA executive committee member had indeed been questioned by the commission. “He will be granted bail tonight (yesterday) but we are seizing his passport so that he’ll be available anytime we need him,” Babafemi said.
Adamu’s arrest comes barely 24 hours after he appeared before the House of Representatives where he defended himself over the cash-for-vote scandal, which broke after English newspaper, Sunday Times of London released a video in which Adamu reportedly asked for money in order to cast his vote for the United States after the undercover reporters posed as businessmen representing American interests.

http://www.nigerianpaperstoday.com/2010/12/23/efcc-arrests-amos-adamu/
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by rasputinn(m): 11:58am On Dec 23, 2010
[size=14pt]Adaamu bridge is falling down
falling down
falling down
Adaamu bridge is falling down
Into de-tention[/size]
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by twinskenny(m): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2010
very greedy pig,
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Bog12: 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
Finally, EFCC getting balls to deal with this nonentity called Mr. Fixer Adamu Idamu for all the sin of NFF and All African Game
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by medjai(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
Looks like it's the end of the road for Babatunde Aremu. He is definitely guilty, until proven innocent. Bloody thief!
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by medjai(m): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by pkasso(m): 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
Way to go cheesy.God don catch that stupid,greedy man grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Ymodulus: 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
This is what happens when you set hausa's in such position,
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Yorubah(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
Same old story, let there be constant light dummies
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by mynaija123(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
A lesson to all of u NFA officials. U will all go to JAIL for making me loose interest in watching my dear country play football. tongue tongue
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by semid4lyfe(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2010
Good news. . .^^

Those touts J.J Okocha and Victor Ikpeba must be laughing their heads off now grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by aswani(m): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ymodulus:

Except he isn't a hausa man.
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by medoski(m): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2010

Amos Adamu is not a Hausa man, he is Yoruba. Please lets learn not to talk carelessly
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by hilli666(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2010
medoski:

This is what happens when you set Hausa's in such position,

Amos Adamu is not a Hausa man, he is Yoruba. Please lets learn not to talk carelessly

Does it really matter? Does the crime become less or more of a crime, due to the ethnicity of the perpetrator? Hence if a Yoruba man steals 1 billion Naira, is it more or less than if a Hausa man stole the same amount? A mind is a great thing to waste, it is even worst if you waste it on silly trivialities such as this.
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by medoski(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2010
Hilli666
I dont really get your point. I know Amos Adamu personally that is why I am correcting the fact that he is not a hausa man
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by ONWARDBABA: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2010
i thik swat this man has pass through is enugh just barely five days he landed abrg nija protect ur only interst in international football many people want him down on what verge
lets think has he never done anything for nigeria
may be we should arrest him and see how things will wok
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by azyaq(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
Amos Adamu must be probe n if convicted be imprison
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2010
A small piece of advice for corrupt public officials, "When your God-Fathers are long-dead and buried" it is time to make new God-Fathers without a second to lose grin I am sure if he donated N1 billion to GEJ Campaign Dora will be on FIFA's case with all her wry teeth grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Anaegboka(m): 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2010
Part of the loot will exchange hands, efcc will release him, govt will lose interest, he will go to thanksgiving service, his town will give him a grand reception with a chieftancy title thrown in, he will answer the call of his people to serve, contest one political office, rig the election with the stolen money, be sworn into office and go on with his stealing spree.
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ymodulus:

He is from Oyo state
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Parnassuss(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
Its sad that the foreign press had to kick the EFFs into action, now they want to try Adamu on crimes purportedly committed 7 years ago. I am not impressed but whatever gets the job done, i'm for undecided undecided
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by safariman(m): 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2010
And this man has been in the Naija sports' world for many decades
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by Harbb: 2:13am On Dec 24, 2010
Ymodulus:

When are we going to learn to be civil in this forum? Is there any tribe that is immuned to corruption in Nigeria? Is Cecilia Ibru a Hausa woman? Is Tafa Balogun a Hausa man? Is James Ibori a Hausa man? Lets put sentiments aside and face the fact that anybody charged with corruption should face the law irrespective of wherever he/she comes from.
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by crusufixo(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2010
He is just really unfortunate. I bet if most of u NLanders were in his shoes, you wld have acted the same way. Truth be told, corruption is everywhere, just that the likes of europe and the US just derive joy in broadcasting ours to the world. Dont get me wrong, i am not in support of his actions, my point is " Nobody is perfect".
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by alldone(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2010
he has some explaination to make.
so he should tell EFCC now.
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by mekoyo(m): 6:57am On Dec 25, 2010
hands crossed, waiting for the outcome
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by tunde247: 8:57am On Dec 25, 2010
kool
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by jambya(m): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2010
Another bad egg fished-out, many more to come.
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by sochan: 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2010
Very weak easy target. Uduaghan is walking free he is more corrupt than this guys. Yet he is free to contest elections, what a country
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by awuf2008: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
Amos Adamu has bn over protected for a long time hence got away wit a lot of things. Now dat he is finally caught in d act, he should face d music squarly. To me, he should b committed to a long term prison sentence. No sinner wil go unpunished.
Re: EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu by MrCartha: 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2010
Send that gutter thief to the gallows!!! angry

(1) (Reply)

Football Academy Form Is Out!!! / Mikel Wins Fans Player Of The Year / How To Start Betting On Nairabet For New Plantform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.