Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,157 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. (1178 Views)

I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by ajalawole(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
I recently did my introduction last December and plan doing my white wedding June or July. my wife to be have been staying with me since after our introduction, we are both Christian thought am not that a religious person and from same village, I would have let her stay in the village till after our wedding, but I get her a job where am base and she resume since January. am an optical laboratory technician and she is into teaching. the issue here is that am not use to going to church due to my busy work, but anytime am home on Sunday I make sure I follow some live Sunday service on my GoTv. a neighbour(who invite me to her church last year, but I decline the offer cuz I have my own church) in my compound invite her to there church last month, and my wife to be has been going to that church every Saturday morning and sunday thereby forgetting some of her duty which am not comfortable with. I seat her down and talk to her that we can be going to my church together every Sunday, but she often get upset about that. am not comfortable going to desperate churches, thought I know I don't go to church every Sunday. Holiness is from the heart. please how can I handle this issue
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Oyindidi(f): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
Watin be the problem here?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Comedian2019: 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2020
ajalawole:
Be a man. She is either reasonable or you call it quit. Except you want to live the rest of your life in misery.

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Bola146(f): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2020
You are the head of the family to be, let her understand that going to church everyweek doesn't mean God must answer your prayers, someone can be in the room, praying and God will answer.
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Ahmed0336(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2020
Be a man and take charge.
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Richy4(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2020
Sir, What was her duty that she couldn't perform on getting back from Church? was it sex smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Romanoff(f): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
For her to be living with you when you two are not married makes wonder what kind of christianity you both are professing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Everrest9(m): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2020
You should hv discussed and settle something like this with her before doing introduction.
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by crackkhaus: 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
A husband and wife should ALWAYS without exception attend the same church, this is my personal principle.

However you intend to go about this with your wife-to-be, is entirely up to you.
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by ajalawole(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
Bola146:
You are the head of the family to be, let her understand that going to church everyweek doesn't mean God must answer your prayers, someone can be in the room, praying and God will answer.
thanks. the problem here is the nurse in our compound, she was the one who invite her, that same nurse invite me too. am not up to two years now in this apartment. Have try to explain things to her. my anger is even on the nurse, why can't she mind her own business.
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by 24kmagic: 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2020
kiss

Oga, I don't have any advice for you but lemme just say this....

All ye Winners, Dunamites, Redeemers, Oyakhilomemites (Christ Embassy), and all those other big big churches that like bombarding people with flyers in the name of "inviting people to your church", I'd advise you to desist from that.

An average Nigerian Christian has a church he/she was born into, stop telling people to leave their church and come to your own.

Living Faith AKA Winners is the biggest culprit.

Una own don de turn to madness.

And funny thing is they can never come to your own church.

Leave everybody to attend the church he/she was born into.

If you must invite people to your church, go to all those typical villages filled with unbelievers and pagans and preach Christ to them. Those type of villages are in every where in Nigeria, not someone that has known Christ for many decades.

Shebi Una see as Una invitation madness don de about to affect one new family?

Heaven go bear me witness, I de rebuke and reject them immediately they start their preaching or invitation gimmicks.

NONSENSE

Abeg, leave everybody to what he/she believes. Last last we're all sheeples. Na on judgement day we go know who been de do the right thing, that's if there's ever going to be anything like that.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by ajalawole(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
Romanoff:
For her to be living with you when you two are not married makes wonder what kind of christianity you both are professing.
I already do introduction and have meet her parents. and also she is a graduate, I have to get her job where am base, she has been without job for two year. so u prefer I get her a new apartment for herself right
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Bola146(f): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2020
ajalawole:
thanks. the problem here is the nurse in our compound, she was the one who invite her, that same nurse invite me too. am not up to two years now in this apartment. Have try to explain things to her. my anger is even on the nurse, why can't she mind her own business.

Tell your woman that she should stay away from her! or she is the bread winner of the home grin
Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by Dexlomo: 9:56pm On Mar 13, 2020
ajalawole:
I already do introduction and have meet her parents. and also she is a graduate, I have to get her job where am base, she has been without job for two year. so u prefer I get her a new apartment for herself right

What she is asking is if you guys engage in sex while staying together before marriage.

@OP,
You can't fight her over her religious beliefs and the best you can do is to either appeal to her religious sentiments or take a walk.

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by frozen70(f): 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
ajalawole:
I recently did my introduction last December and plan doing my white wedding June or July. my wife to be have been staying with me since after our introduction, we are both Christian thought am not that a religious person and from same village, I would have let her stay in the village till after our wedding, but I get her a job where am base and she resume since January. am an optical laboratory technician and she is into teaching. the issue here is that am not use to going to church due to my busy work, but anytime am home on Sunday I make sure I follow some live Sunday service on my GoTv. a neighbour(who invite me to her church last year, but I decline the offer cuz I have my own church) in my compound invite her to there church last month, and my wife to be has been going to that church every Saturday morning and sunday thereby forgetting some of her duty which am not comfortable with. I seat her down and talk to her that we can be going to my church together every Sunday, but she often get upset about that. am not comfortable going to desperate churches, thought I know I don't go to church every Sunday. Holiness is from the heart. please how can I handle this issue

She just moved down to you and nit yet settled down, a neighbour already introduced a church to her and, she us already committed and faithful

Doesn't she have a mind of her own ❓

Despite all you told her, she is defiant about it, hmmm

If you don't know how to give instructions in your home and watch it being obeyed, then you don't have a firm grip of your future home

In Sunday, prepare for church and let her prepare to follow you, if she refuses and goes to that same church, by this Easter break, prepare her to go visit home

When she gets to her family, speak with her parents and tell them for now, she should stay with them because you can't leave with her because of her disobedience

Simple

If they ask you what happened, tell them to ask her, she will explain better

They will call to plead and you will have to let them know that, you cant tolerate disobedience from her and for now, the marriage plans coming up has been suspended

Take a stand and be firm, the hand you give your wife from day one is the hand she will follow

If you are a weakly, sorry you have gone

Love and appreciate your wife as a man and carry out your duty at home so that when you talk, your words must
be respected

If possible don't pick her calls, all this will prove to her that you have a mind of your own

Couples going to different churches in marriage creates doubt and trust and you can't real pray together as a family because every one has its own belief. Unless it's two different religion then you guys must have discussed how or will be and who the children will follow, of course they will follow mum

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Is Trying To Make Religion Put Us Apart. by frozen70(f): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
ajalawole:

The nurse here is nit really the issue, any one can invite any body

It's the way the invited responds that's the issue

Is your wife a push over ir you don't have firm grip on her

(1) (Reply)

Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? / Can We Have A Thread That's Insult Free / He In Engaged With His Cousin,she Is Pregnant For Him:abormination!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.