Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 (10261 Views)

INEC Decentralises PVC Distribution, To Publish Voters Register Jan 13 / If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 / Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13. . .41st Anniversary Of The End Of Biafra War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by chyz(m): 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

I wish the Ikemba well.

Only the profoundly ignorant Igbo son or daughter will not appreciate the courage and leadership of the Ikemba during the prewar pogrom of Ndi-Igbo. True, many Igbos lost their lives, however, that war made something clear: Igbos have the will and capacity to fight, if pushed. The result is that we may be accused of anything else in this world, but not of cowardice or the paralysis induced by the fear of death.

We died cry, but we live on! grin

May God bless Ndi-Igbo!

May your days be long and very fruitful.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
chyz:

May your days be long and very fruitful.

Chyz,

Thanks. May yours be long too. Best wishes.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by bkbabe97y(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2010
Look at them: Hypocrites!

"May your days be fruitful", "May your days be long", they say!

Meanwhile, they justify why their Kin mindlessly and violently Killed every other person in Jan.'66, but still refuse to understand why Hausas retaliated in July'66!

Deceive yourselves all u want; We know yall get tha message loud and clear!

Beasts!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2010
Maybe if some Igbo soldiers didnt mindlessly kill other regions politicians and free theirs there wont have been a case of a pogrom not to talk of civil war to start with.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Ikwikwikwi(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
Great Ikemba, we wish you quick recovery, and may God keep you longer for us. We love you.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by seanet02: 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ikwikwikwi:

Great Ikemba, we wish you quick recovery, and may God keep you longer for us. We love you.
Are you blind? somebody says he wants to die on Jan 13 and you are still praying for his recovery!!! May be he is the one feeding everyone in the east!!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Katsumoto: 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Well, a lot would have stopped it:

1. The Yorubas constituted some of the best military strategists in the Nigerian military as evidenced by their superior performance during the Biafran War. I don't have the list, but I want to wager that a sizable proportion of the Sandhurst-trained officers were Igbos and Yorubas. (Please furnish the list if you have it).

2. The North would have factored the risk of losing a potential ally in their preparations to fight the Igbos.

3. The same numerical argument works in the reverse: Northern strategists would have shuddered at the prospect of a forced alliance of Igbos and Yorubas driven by the massacre of Yoruba officers and the likely consequences.

4. Murdering Yoruba officers would arguably have been military suicide for the North.

I believe the above points are obvious and would readily have deterred any excesses by Northern aggressors against Yoruba officers since it was certain that Igbos would never support the North in their agenda. The prospect of the North fighting on two fronts would have dampened their appetite for "more blood-shed"

I can't really disagree with the points above except No 3. On that fateful day in July 1966, the Northerners were not thinking, they were acting. It is difficult to see how far they would have gone. For instance, the coup started at Abeokuta and by Northern NCOs. Murtala, Martins Adamu, and Danjuma had been planning this coup before the action of the NCOs forced their hands. Heck, they killed Fajuyi who was one of the most progressive southern officers at that time. My guess is that they would have eliminated the Yoruba officers as well without thinking of the consequences. Afterall, they did not think of the consequences of secession to the North until it was pointed to them by the British high commissioner.

It is difficult to say how the situation would have played itself out if the Northern soldiers murdered Yoruba officers. Anything we state can only be conjecture. Besides, at that point in time, the Yorubas read the situation as conflict between the North and the East and preferred to act as mediators. We have debated on numerous occasions the events of that era; I don't want to go into further details.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by mamagee3(f): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2010
He's only 77 years old and he already has a death wish? shocked shocked shocked

I wonder what the 97 year old men and women I meet everyday in church must be wishing upon themselves.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Agbalanze(m): 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
Eze igbo gburugburu! Onweghi ihe ga-eme gi. Okirikiri ka ana agba ukwu ose, anaghi ari ya elu.  Dim! Iga adi!!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
mama-gee:

[color=deeppink]He's only 77 years old and he already has a death wish? shocked shocked shocked

Believe me ma'am when U're 77 and in ur time formed a country of your own, gone to war(and survived), had the best education in your time, screwed the most beautiful girl in nigeria, and seen all there is to see, u won't mind cool
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by bisiaet: 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2010
[b]
WHY DIDNT YOUR BLOOD THIRSTY, GREEDY, DESPOTIC, POWER HUNGRY GRAND FATHERS REFRAIN FROM KILLING ALL IMPORTANT NON-IBOS IN JAN' 66?!![/
b]

Well said

I dont understand what my fellow men are talking about I came from the same region with this man called Ojukwu my own father lost all his brother in so called nasty biafra nonsense fighting as biafra soldier and till today all Iam told is they are fighting to defend Ibo interest and the rubbish Aburi accord please can this man Ojukwu name one of his family that died during this biafra of a thing war? And my fellow men want me to see him as hero after nearly my father entire family nearly gone erased for just selfish reason and unjust fighting? Today he became the father of tribalism and hatred we Ibo has towards other tribes in the country today and he is still a hero? For me no and no he was never my father and he will not be m father because I dont bear Ojukwu I know my father surname so let anyone who want to call him their father go ahead I care not he knows his own kids for sure. I do sincerely wish him well and wish him quick recovery BUT i'm never his fan or follower for any reason I dont care what he stand for please no offence pls it is my own view and I stand by it. No offense plsss because truth offend my people a lot . God bless.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2010
seanet02:

Are you blind? somebody says he wants to die on Jan 13 and you are still praying for his recovery!!! May be he is the one feeding everyone in the east!!

well said seanet02

in igboland, if someone wishes death for himself, we let him die alone

i look at my brothers the way they pray ojukwu leaves long but even him wants to die undecided

sometimes my igbo brothers act very silly at times

if a man wants to die because of guilt or whatever, let him die.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by jason123: 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
bisiaet:

b]

Well said

I dont understand what my fellow men are talking about I came from the same region with this man called Ojukwu my own father lost all his brother in so called nasty biafra nonsense fighting as biafra soldier and till today all Iam told is they are fighting to defend Ibo interest and the rubbish Aburi accord please can this man Ojukwu name one of his family that died during this biafra of a thing war? And my fellow men want me to see him as hero after nearly my father entire family nearly gone erased for just selfish reason and unjust fighting? Today he became the father of tribalism and hatred we Ibo has towards other tribes in the country today and he is still a hero? For me no and no he was never my father and he will not be m father because I dont bear Ojukwu I know my father surname so let anyone who want to call him their father go ahead I care not he knows his own kids for sure. I do sincerely wish him well and wish him quick recovery [b]BUT
i'm never his fan or follower for any reason I dont care what he stand for please no offence pls it is my own view and I stand by it. No offense plsss. God bless.

MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG!!! smiley

Through out history most JUST wars are won NOT lost! Should i start form king David in the Bible (and the his Mighty men) to the Nazi occupation in Europe or shoud I go to the Hutus and Tutsi? Time and time again, just wars have been won NOT lost. if Biafra was a freedom fight, then why did it lose Why did God not help them win if HE was with Biafra The answer is left for you to think about!!! Do not bother yourself if you are insulted. "LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD!!!"

Have a wonderful Christmas! May God be with you and your Family!!! wink
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by kettykin: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
Military strategist my foot. Military strategist for mouth, where were the military strategist when balewa threw Awolowo into prison for treason.

Where were the inept military strategist when Abacha imprisoned all the yoruba generals includind the one who goes about as an aclaimed civil war heroe by the name OBJ and after imprisoning them had abiola's wife slaughtered in lagos.
It seems some people like turning the truth on its head.

By the way for those blaming Nzegwu and other ibos for striking , if they didn't strike Awolowo your heroe would have died in prison .
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
bisiaet:

b]

Well said

I dont understand what my fellow men are talking about I came from the same region with this man called Ojukwu my own father lost all his brother in so called nasty biafra nonsense fighting as biafra soldier and till today all Iam told is they are fighting to defend Ibo interest and the rubbish Aburi accord please can this man Ojukwu name one of his family that died during this biafra of a thing war? And my fellow men want me to see him as hero after nearly my father entire family nearly gone erased for just selfish reason and unjust fighting? Today he became the father of tribalism and hatred we Ibo has towards other tribes in the country today and he is still a hero? For me no and no he was never my father and he will not be m father because I dont bear Ojukwu I know my father surname so let anyone who want to call him their father go ahead I care not he knows his own kids for sure. I do sincerely wish him well and wish him quick recovery [b]BUT
i'm never his fan or follower for any reason I dont care what he stand for please no offence pls it is my own view and I stand by it. No offense plsss because truth offend my people a lot . God bless.
cry cry cry cry cry cry

do you know that after reading ur post, i started crying cry cry cry

my grand mother lost 2 of her brother(1 her twin brother, which is describe to be very close to her)

she cried almost all the night and rain curses on ojukwu, my grand mother is igbo and her brother were killed by the biafran army just because they did not join the army.
cry cry cry

and now someone wants me to make ojukwu an hero,,,,,,tufiakua angry angry angry angry

when his counterpart Awolowo was doing free health and education for his people, ojukwu was in ivory coast enjoying the wealth of either biafra or his father. angry angry

now coming to this forum, someone telling me that ojukwu stood up to the nigerian army when he could have negotiated with awolowo or with nigeria angry angry angry

bleep ojukwu,,,,,i say it again bleep ojukwu,,,,,,,i had to run to the west for western education under the yoruba leader when the east was licking the wounds that ojukwu caused/ the north were not into education then

now i am about 50 years and i have told my children about ojukwu,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes i have angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by redsun(m): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2010
In 3 world countries like naija peeps are so prone to death as a result ofgross irresponsibities yet so afraid of it.Ojukwu is afraid of death, he wouldn't like to live like vegetable like so many nigerians that are dead alive.
He has made his mark
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem2: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2010
redsun:

In 3 world countries like naija peeps are so prone to death as a result ofgross irresponsibities yet so afraid of it.Ojukwu is afraid of death, he wouldn't like to live like vegetable like so many nigerians that are dead alive.
He has made his mark

what mark ? angry

pls tell me the positive mark he made in nigeria or baifra or my life or ur life angry

are u calling my family members who did not know anything about the war of pride coward just because they did not agree with ojukwus policy of war before negotiation

and how has ojukwu impacted in my life or your life in a positive way,,

why do u think my user name is alj harem instead of uche,,,,,because i know my brothers do not reason and are silly when they post,,,,all they see is " we need an hero,,,,,oh ojukwu is there,,,,,,,,,ok lets make me our hero even though he lead us to a war and ran away"

you people are so stu.pid, u do not see the negative impact he has done in our lifes

before the civil war,,,,, i could go anywhere in this country and say " yes i am igbo" and yorubas and hausas would respect me

but now i have to go with my northern side because my igbo people are just too dumb to listen to there heart and think
[size=14pt]what is the positive impact ojukwu has done in my life and community [/size]

instead they are lead blindly to tell me that northerners were killing us, when in kano state on the street then my igbo brothers and sister were sing " we rule the country now,,,,we are the special people" imagine singing that after an igbo coup

bleep ojukwu angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

bleep ignorant igbos angry angry angry angry angry

God bless the ones that have seen the truth and know who ojukwu really is
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by chelseabmw(m): 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2010
shocked shocked
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nchara: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ojukwu and symbolism
Wishes to die on Biafra day. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I hope he stays on for much longer. However be it, we shall give him a Biafran interment (when he does leave)
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
chelseabmw:

shocked shocked

why are you surprise,,,, that is the sad reality on ground cry  cry cry

when i try to talk to my igbo brother they just insult me without knowing how sad people are when they praise a mad man angry angry angry

yes a mad man angry

his children are in UK,,,,,,after the war he ran to ivory coast,,,,, he is rich etc

and here are we igbos ,, we are stigmatised in the north,,,,,we run to yorubas for shelther,,,,even ijaws now disown us angry angry angry

itsekiri, edo etc say they are part of yoruba people

kanuri, igala etc say they are northerners

who wants to relate with us igbos no one

even ijaws who are some times called inyamrai have there own identity

and yes i do not speak igbo because i left anambra at age 9 so my igbo language was left there  angry angry angry
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by redsun(m): 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
Harem or whatever u call urself,Ojukwu is a fearless visionary who stood against d injustices that lingers on in naija 2day.that still need to be fought against but for gutless sissies like u who will rather take kicks in d as.s than fight for justice.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by chyz(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
Nchara:

Ojukwu and symbolism
Wishes to die on Biafra day. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I hope he stays on for much longer. However be it, we shall give him a Biafran interment (when he does leave)

The words of a Great will always be rich and extravagant. cool
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by maureenfx(f): 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
WHOEVER THAT SAYS DAT OJUKWU KILLED HALF OF THE IGBOS SHD PLS STEP FORWARD,
I DONT BLAME THE YORUBAS AFTA ALL WHN WE(IGBOS) ASKD 4 THR HELP DEY TURNED US DOWN
OR WAT MORE CAN I SAY ABT D HAUSAS' DAT ARE DRAGGIN US(NIGERIANS') BAKWARD,
EVERY TRIBE HAS THR OWN OPINION OF THE WAR COS DEY WHR NOT AFFECTED,

WAT MORE CAN I SAY CANT SAY MUCH AFTA ALL AM ONLY 27 YRS OLD
BUT I HAV A GRANDMUM, MY MUM ND HER BRODAS DAT SURVIVED THE WAR

AND I MUST SAY WE IGBOS ARE BRILLIANT, EVEN WIT AN UNTRAINED ARMY WE WERE ABLE 2 STIL STAND AND FIGHT,
AND MAY I REMIND AL U SUCKERS(YORUBAS ND HAUSAS) DAT AL OUR WEAPONS WHR HAND MADE
WE DID NT IMPORT DEM FROM ANY WHR,

IF U TINK BIAFRA OR OJUKWU IS NOT AN ICON TAKE A JOURNEY 2 ONITCHA ND C D HOUSES DAT HAV BULLET HOLES DEY ARE STIL THR,

AM PROUD 2 BE AN IGBO GURL ND I WISH OJUKWU A SAFE RECOVERY
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nchara: 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
chyz:

The words of a Great will always be rich and extravagant. cool

Sure. Our father wishes to die the day Biafra died (officially). What can be more symbolic?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by bkbabe97y(m): 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by maureenfx(f): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
[tabb]

Well said

I dont understand what my fellow men are talking about I came from the same region with this man called Ojukwu my own father lost all his brother in so called nasty biafra nonsense fighting as biafra soldier and till today all Iam told is they are fighting to defend Ibo interest and the rubbish Aburi accord please can this man Ojukwu name one of his family that died during this biafra of a thing war? And my fellow men want me to see him as hero after nearly my father entire family nearly gone erased for just selfish reason and unjust fighting? Today he became the father of tribalism and hatred we Ibo has towards other tribes in the country today and he is still a hero? For me no and no he was never my father and he will not be m father because I dont bear Ojukwu I know my father surname so let anyone who want to call him their father go ahead I care not he knows his own kids for sure. I do sincerely wish him well and wish him quick recovery [b]BUT i'm never his fan or follower for any reason I dont care what he stand for please no offence pls it is my own view and I stand by it. No offense plsss because truth offend my people a lot . God bless.
le][/table]

[s][/s]

EVERY FAMILY WAS AFFECTED IN DAT WAR

I LOST 3 UNCLES 2 DAT WAR COS DEY THREW BOMB IN THR CAMP
WE AL HAV OUR STORIES. EVERY ONE OF US,
LETS STOP BLAMIN D MAN HE DID WAT HE THOT WAS BEST 4 D IGBO CLAN,
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2010
redsun:

Harem or whatever u call urself,Ojukwu is a fearless visionary who stood against d injustices that  lingers on in naija 2day.that still need to be fought against but for gutless sissies like u who will rather take kicks in d behind than fight for justice.

what bloody justice,,,,,,,, justice for what

are our igbo leaders not part of the injustice

or kalu uzo is he not part of the injustice

you do not know what you are talking about angry
grin grin fearless visionary grin grin that is a very silly statement you made there

if he was fearless,[size=15pt]he should have die with his people during the war not run away[/size]

fearless indeed,  angry angry the people who are fearless are the biafran soldiers, my family members and others that stood there ground and did not run away with biafran pounds to ivory coast,,,, do you all think we are as silly as majority of u people.

ojukwu is part and parcel of the injustice that is happen in nigeria today,,,,,,,,, if ojukwu loved us, he would have put us in the best position in the country not try to secede. angry angry

the northerners were killing us grin grin angry angry what are my igbo brothers talking about,,, angry angry

have there not been yorubas killed in the north

have there not been northerners killed in masses in the yorubaland,,,, so if the northerners are killing us, the best thing for us to to secede, and invade edo people who have similar culture with us, until ojukwu broke there trust

ojukwu invaded other peoples land and our soldiers were killed by our former allies angry

i am really getting emotional here angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by chyz(m): 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by bkbabe97y(m): 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^ Youre still mad cause u blundered grammatically and I called u out in the other threads? lol. U'll get over it! Your fathers got over being slaughtered in a Civil war they brought upon themselves, didnt they? Oh, u right, they still aint got over it yet. . . . .still waiting for that rematch, eh? ROFLMAO!!!

Terrorists?! lol

Ok, Jeopardy quiz for ya!

An American and a Nigerian board a plane on Christmas day: WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO HAVE A BOMB IN HIS UNDERWEAR?

*hint: It aint the guy that comes from the greatest country in the world!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2010
maureenfx:

[tabb]

Well said

I dont understand what my fellow men are talking about I came from the same region with this man called Ojukwu my own father lost all his brother in so called nasty biafra nonsense fighting as biafra soldier and till today all Iam told is they are fighting to defend Ibo interest and the rubbish Aburi accord please can this man Ojukwu name one of his family that died during this biafra of a thing war? And my fellow men want me to see him as hero after nearly my father entire family nearly gone erased for just selfish reason and unjust fighting? Today he became the father of tribalism and hatred we Ibo has towards other tribes in the country today and he is still a hero? For me no and no he was never my father and he will not be m father because I dont bear Ojukwu I know my father surname so let anyone who want to call him their father go ahead I care not he knows his own kids for sure. I do sincerely wish him well and wish him quick recovery [b]BUT i'm never his fan or follower for any reason I dont care what he stand for please no offence pls it is my own view and I stand by it. No offense plsss because truth offend my people a lot . God bless.
le][/table]

[s][/s]

EVERY FAMILY WAS AFFECTED IN DAT WAR

I LOST 3 UNCLES 2 DAT WAR COS DEY THREW BOMB IN THR CAMP
WE AL HAV OUR STORIES. EVERY ONE OF US,
LETS STOP BLAMIN D MAN HE DID WAT HE THOT WAS BEST 4 D IGBO CLAN,

shattp dia angry angry angry angry

u know nothing about being a leader angry angry

when your people are dying you first of all negotiate till there is absolute no, then you fight to defend your people not to invade other lands angry angry

because of silly people like you, we igbos are still like this in nigeria

mumu angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

now, your family members that die are not as cowardice as ojukwu the "general"

a general that ran away so that we can all die angry angry angry angry angry angry

look around you,,,, a lot of igbo are denying there igbo heritage

go to lagos see how igbo speak yoruba and do not know anything about igbo

go to kano and see for yourself

from ika,,,,,,,to ikwerri,,,,,etc are denying igbo because of the blind way we think

""my brother ,,,,my brother,,,first then others last"""" angry angry
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by chyz(m): 11:51pm On Dec 23, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF / Rivers Post-election Crisis: Nothing Abnormal, We Are Just Been Vigilant - Wike / Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.