Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State (4842 Views)

Kalabari Traditional Wedding Culture in Rivers State / China People And Culture In Anambra / Aba, Ngwa, Abiriba And Arochuwkwu Are Ancestral Ibibio Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ochiliozuo: 12:24am On Mar 14, 2020
Good morning House. My Name is Joseph. I work with Ministry of Health. There is this Girl I have been dating for 1 year now. Few days ago I proposed to her and she accepted. Now here is d issue. I HV already gone for for Introduction. The next stage is for me to go and collect marriage LIST. I was told , I must appearse d Spirit of the d Dead father of Girl before I will be issued with d list. D gave me list of items to buy. I calculated it and paid 40k for it. Part of d list is buying clothes and shoes, walking stick for d man that is Dead. Other things I bought includes Male Goat to be killed at d grave site of my girl father, Please do Dead people wear shoes? U know I was reluctant to do it because I HV not heard or seen such culture before even though am a full fledged igbo man. I know is not Bible. I even called d Man d married my Girl Elder sister if He is aware about d culture, he said yes but As a pastor he did not do it. And He can't support it. He even said had it been I told him on time, He would HV told me not to do it.
By d way, d mum HV done d tradition from d money I gave. She came back and inform me d money I will pay to collect Marriage List is 25k. I don't really understand because other places I HV visited in igbo land to collect list for both Men and women rites is not more than 5k. D want me to pay 25k just to give me a photopy of marriage list. It was my girl mother that told me to this even though though I HV not investigated. I will go and meet her tomorrow. Is not as if I don't HV d money but if Marriage List is 25k then d content is what I don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by BiafranBushBoy: 12:43am On Mar 14, 2020
Lol

The dead doesn't wear shoe nor eat goats... But there is something the living can do...

Use their head to make a choice... And take action.

If a situation is looking deceptive, make your choice and take action...

Is it that difficult?

6 Likes

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Miracle7998(m): 1:03am On Mar 14, 2020
Yeah the reason of doing that is to notify her dad ur getting Married to his daughter and also for safe delivery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Zannx(m): 1:10am On Mar 14, 2020
They eat human meat

4 Likes

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Amotolongbo(f): 1:40am On Mar 14, 2020
Zannx:
They eat human meat
ya right!

They are cannibals

2 Likes

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
ya right!

They are cannibals

I just recently got to hear this o.

And I've been get confirmations from left, right and centre.

The latest being an Ngwa girl who said she too may have eaten too but not intentional.

I'm never having anything to do with an Ngwa person biko.
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 14, 2020
They eat human beings. If you're a stranger, im sorry you'll one day end up in their pot. This is no jokes.
I'm from Abia but definitely not from that part and our people dread them so much. We don't even mention them in our place.
One of my cousins once followed his friend who's from that part to their place. So at mid night, his friend out of compassion had to wake him up to leave otherwise he'll be a dead man by day break cos once they see a stranger, they must come at night to dema for their own share. That was how he helped my cousin to escape that night.

Another instance was recently when John Okafor aka Mr. Ibu was almost left behind by his crew at at a movie set in that ngwa area. Some men were already closing in on him when the crew bus reversed back with speed when they discovered IBU was not in the bus. He could have been eaten up by those men.
But come o...why didn't do proper findings before even proposing? Hmm...I guess you're in for a long thing.

They are fetish and evil!

4 Likes

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Amotolongbo(f): 2:08am On Mar 14, 2020
Awol1:

The latest being an Ngwa girl who said she too may have eaten too but not intentional.

It is well known among ndigbo that Ngwa people are cannibals. The other Igbo parts treat ngwa people with disdain

1 Like

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It is well known among ndigbo that Ngwa people are cannibals. The other Igbo parts treat ngwa people with disdain

Believe me, I've been totally flabagasted and left aghast ever since I heard it.
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by DateMynd44(m): 2:49am On Mar 14, 2020
Awol1:

ngwa people share boundary with my state.
They set traps for human beings and hunt them like animals and when caught you'll be cooked and eaten.
Corpers dread being sent there.

2 Likes

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by DateMynd44(m): 2:51am On Mar 14, 2020
SassyGem101:
They eat human beings. If you're a stranger, im sorry you'll one day end up in their pot. This is no jokes.
I'm from Abia but definitely not from that part and our people dread them so much. We don't even mention them in our place.
One of my cousins once followed his friend who's from that part to their place. So at mid night, his friend out of compassion had to wake him up to leave otherwise he'll be a dead man by day break cos once they see a stranger, they must come at night to dema for their own share. That was how he helped my cousin to escape that night.

Another instance was recently when John Okafor aka Mr. Ibu was almost left behind by his crew at at a movie set in that ngwa area. Some men were already closing in on him when the crew bus reversed back with speed when they discovered IBU was not in the bus. He could have been eaten up by those men.
But come o...why didn't do proper findings before even proposing? Hmm...I guess you're in for a long thing.

Cc Awol1
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ochiliozuo: 2:52am On Mar 14, 2020
How did u know d Eat human being? We are not talking about to them eating human being
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ochiliozuo: 2:54am On Mar 14, 2020
[quote author=Miracle7998 post=87424487]Yeah the reason of doing that is to notify her dad ur getting Married to his daughter and also for safe delivery

Really. Ok
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ochiliozuo: 2:55am On Mar 14, 2020
Please I need People from Ngwa to respond
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ochiliozuo: 2:56am On Mar 14, 2020
[quote author=Miracle7998 post=87424487]Yeah the reason of doing that is to notify her dad ur getting Married to his daughter and also for safe delivery
Is like ur from Ngwa?
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by fernandoc(m): 3:02am On Mar 14, 2020
It’s very appalling in this 21st century to see people reasoning like goats.

The person who posted this, common sense should tell you that you found yourself in a family rooted in diabolism and idolatry as such could be found anywhere in the world and not perculiar or to be assiociated with any tribe.

Those saying Ngwa people are canibals and even giving stupid stories to further convince themselves, I hope you get to realize how stupid you sound.
The same people will tell you, Mbaise man is cunny, Nnewi people are into blood money, Owerri girls are promiscuous ...etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 14, 2020
I am in tears as I am reading comments here.

How can full fledged southeasterners be typing things like these in a public forum.

Some people I don't want to mention their names will use these comments coming from people who have no orientation, to attack us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ikelords(m): 6:10am On Mar 14, 2020
From my personal experience with ngwa people, these people are extortionist, callous and greedy set of people, if you meet them for the first time they pretend to be nice and cool, they know how to impress visitors who are getting to know them for the first time, but as you deal further with them they show you their true colour. The Ngwa people see outsiders as potential avenue to extort money from and if you dont yeild to their demand they will look for a way to frustrate you. In a nut shell am not saying the girl you are marrying is bad, but you see her background and her extended are what you should try and look at critically. An average family in ngwa land is always at war with themselves, these kids born there grow up with that mindset of living and creating family crisis wherever they find themselves. I want to warn you, whatever you accept to do from today as a form a marriage rite, ensure you do it to the later, but if you stand your feet on the ground as a man and uphold you norm and values which you know is right , you have started creating an impression on how your inlaws should perceive you. I hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Phenomenal16(f): 6:17am On Mar 14, 2020
ochiliozuo:
Good morning House. My Name is Joseph. I work with Ministry of Health. There is this Girl I have been dating for 1 year now. Few days ago I proposed to her and she accepted. Now here is d issue. I HV already gone for for Introduction. The next stage is for me to go and collect marriage LIST. I was told , I must appearse d Spirit of the d Dead father of Girl before I will be issued with d list. D gave me list of items to buy. I calculated it and paid 40k for it. Part of d list is buying clothes and shoes, walking stick for d man that is Dead. Other things I bought includes Male Goat to be killed at d grave site of my girl father, Please do Dead people wear shoes? U know I was reluctant to do it because I HV not heard or seen such culture before even though am a full fledged igbo man. I know is not Bible. I even called d Man d married my Girl Elder sister if He is aware about d culture, he said yes but As a pastor he did not do it. And He can't support it. He even said had it been I told him on time, He would HV told me not to do it.
By d way, d mum HV done d tradition from d money I gave. She came back and inform me d money I will pay to collect Marriage List is 25k. I don't really understand because other places I HV visited in igbo land to collect list for both Men and women rites is not more than 5k. D want me to pay 25k just to give me a photopy of marriage list. It was my girl mother that told me to this even though though I HV not investigated. I will go and meet her tomorrow. Is not as if I don't HV d money but if Marriage List is 25k then d content is what I don't know.
..which one is that list is not more than 5 k
Abeg which place again?
Eh
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ochiliozuo: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2020
Phenomenal16:
..which one is that list is not more than 5 k
Abeg which place again?
Eh
Is there any Place in Igbo Land where u are made to Pay 25k just to collect Marriage list? Note d 25k is not part of list.
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Phenomenal16(f): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2020
ochiliozuo:

Is there any Place in Igbo Land where u are made to Pay 25k just to collect Marriage list? Note d 25k is not part of list.
..u don't pay to collect list

1 Like

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ochiliozuo: 7:38am On Mar 14, 2020
[quote author=ikelords post=87426027]From my personal experience with ngwa people, these people are extortionist, callous and greedy set of people, if you meet them for the first time they pretend to be nice and cool, they know how to impress visitors who are getting to know them for the first time, but as you deal further with them they show you their true colour. The Ngwa people see outsiders as potential avenue to extort money from and if you dont yeild to their demand they will look for a way to frustrate you. In a nut shell am not saying the girl you are marrying is bad, but you see her background and her extended are what you should try and look at critically. An average family in ngwa land is always at war with themselves, these kids born there grow up with that mindset of living and creating family crisis wherever they find themselves. I want to warn you, whatever you accept to do from today as a form a marriage rite, ensure you do it to the later, but if you stand your feet on the ground as a man and uphold you norm and values which you know is right , you have started creating an impression on how your inlaws should perceive you. Like seriously am beginning to see that, d want to use d opportunity to extort me. I was shocked when d Mum told me d kinsmen said, just to collect list, I will pay 25k. I want to go and give d mum the money this morning. But on a second thought, is there any Place in Igbo Land where u are charged to pay 25k for just marriage LIST. I HV gone to different places with my brother's, I know what d collected not more than 3k
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by 24kmagic: 7:57am On Mar 14, 2020
An average Igbo specie takes everything as a business transaction. They look for every opportunity to extort money from you, even something as sacred as marriage.

OSU Why?

Modified; So, Ngwa people are not just extortionists but also cannibals?

I now know why Igbo people are being denied a shot at the presidency.

Imagine a cannibal as a president?

Cannibalism will surely be legalized.

I know say igbo useless but I no know say e reach this level.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by 24kmagic: 8:03am On Mar 14, 2020
fernandoc:

The same people will tell you, Mbaise man is cunny, Nnewi people are into blood money, Owerri girls are promiscuous ...etc

All true, with some few exceptions.

1 Like

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Shellsploit: 8:13am On Mar 14, 2020
SassyGem101:

Lalasticlala sef!

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Danishguy(m): 8:44am On Mar 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Shut up your trap. Nobody treats anyone with disdain in Igbo land

Your moniker sounds fetish...just stop bringing generational wrath upon yourself

1 Like

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by ikelords(m): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2020
[quote author=ochiliozuo post=87427398][/quote]my brother, if you pay that 25k that's the beginning of your problem. The earlier you stand your ground and say no the better. Dont pay anything more than 5k or you tell them to marry their daughter . Na then go call you to beg you, even your wife to be is not helping matters at all. Put up a reaction that will make her cry to her people . Take charge bro. Be in charge! Na wife you dey marry no be buy you dey buy am. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by okpalaAnambra: 8:54am On Mar 14, 2020
ochiliozuo:
You're been scammed..what good thing can come out of Ngwa land
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by okpalaAnambra: 8:56am On Mar 14, 2020
ochiliozuo:
How did u know d Eat human being? We are not talking about to them eating human being
They actually do.. believe it or not
Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Kevsmart88(m): 9:17am On Mar 14, 2020
ikelords:
From my personal experience with ngwa people, these people are extortionist, callous and greedy set of people, if you meet them for the first time they pretend to be nice and cool, they know how to impress visitors who are getting to know them for the first time, but as you deal further with them they show you their true colour. The Ngwa people see outsiders as potential avenue to extort money from and if you dont yeild to their demand they will look for a way to frustrate you. In a nut shell am not saying the girl you are marrying is bad, but you see her background and her extended are what you should try and look at critically. An average family in ngwa land is always at war with themselves, these kids born there grow up with that mindset of living and creating family crisis wherever they find themselves. I want to warn you, whatever you accept to do from today as a form a marriage rite, ensure you do it to the later, but if you stand your feet on the ground as a man and uphold you norm and values which you know is right , you have started creating an impression on how your inlaws should perceive you. I hope this helps.
You must be born in the 1900s to hold such a distorted view about a set of people...I wonder what kinda kids we breed these days, no decorum...you come on a public forum and talk in such manner about a people...SMH...how many of them have you met to arrive at such a myopic conclusion....It hurts to know that gullible peeps who have never come in contact with the ngwas will take this submission to heart.... We've totally lost it... I've met and lived with them, like it goes for all races and tribes, there are always bad eggs but they are lovely people...have a few Ngwa friends too....

1 Like

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by swintiney: 9:43am On Mar 14, 2020
fernandoc:
It’s very appalling in this 21st century to see people reasoning like goats.

The person who posted this, common sense should tell you that you found yourself in a family rooted in diabolism and idolatry as such could be found anywhere in the world and not perculiar or to be assiociated with any tribe.

Those saying Ngwa people are canibals and even giving stupid stories to further convince themselves, I hope you get to realize how stupid you sound.

I believe you, Nigerians can tell strange unconfirmed stories and make it look so real, I have travelled to many places in Nigeria including even interiors of SE and SW. When I visited some African countries, I also made discoveries of strange but extreme traditions especially when I ask for permissions to visit cultural sites. Apart from conflict, ritual killings and great wickedness currently experienced across the country and the world, which you'll agree is not particular to any ethnicity, I have not heard of a place or people that officially endorses humans to be killed not to talk of eating the remains. Even the Sentinel Island whose occupants are so crude and officially kills humans do not eat them.

I know that Ngwa land begins from around Aba along the Enugu - PH express road and extends to a location just before Umuahia. The Abia state NYSC orientation camp is also in that place. Please those who have lived or lives in Aba or had their orientation camp/served there should confirm if these stories are true. Please let's be very objective and conscious of the impact false contributions would have so we don't mislead people.

@OP, as the guy I quoted rightly indicated, the marriage rites you go through reflects the values of the immediate family of your proposed in-laws, the whole of Africa is deeply diabolical hence it cannot be used as a yardstick to judge any group of people. However you and your fiancée are free to break away from these extreme culture when you get married so you don't demand same rites from your future in-laws when the time comes.

3 Likes

Re: I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State by Brugo(m): 9:43am On Mar 14, 2020
cheesy
24kmagic:
An average Igbo specie takes everything as a business transaction. They look for every opportunity to extort money from you, even something as sacred as marriage.

OSU Why?

Modified; So, Ngwa people are not just extortionists but also cannibals?

I now know why Igbo people are being denied a shot at the presidency.

Imagine a cannibal as a president?

Cannibalism will surely be legalized.

I know say igbo useless but I no know say e reach this level.

I can’t forget that community.

One family member nearly lost his life to cannibals while drinking at a local joint. They thought he was too drunk to escape. They didn’t know the man was alert. His friends had warned him to stay indoors after dark. Man follow woman go drink.

A friend was posted to that LGA and he was warned by his Landlord not to be found outside the lodge at night because of cannibals.

My job took me to a neighbouring community a couple of years ago. An Ngwa man came to do a job for us. One man got into a fight with him cos he found his daughter on a date with the Ngwa man. He accused him luring his daughter so that he could eat her. That’s when the local workers started sharing stories about Ngwa people. All the guy said in defence was that it was an old practice, that nobody does that anymore. He didn’t deny it outright.

OP, you don buy market. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bini People Wetin Be This / Scientific And Technological Words In Yoruba - Come See! / Why Do Hausa Men (aboki) Bend Down Like Women To Piss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.