Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,040 members, 7,953,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong (58283 Views)

Hunger Rate In Nigeria Has Gone Really Bad / Local Popcorn Machine For Sale. / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
one mudu(measure) of raw popcorn for a perfect red(creamy red not blood red)you don't put more than halve bottle cap of colour,for green you can put same quantity as red so also for blue,but as for yello two bottle caps should be okay,I used to run a big popcorn factory ,my stainless steel pot and gas burner is up for sale,it's big enough to pop two measures in one go.

1 Like

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by NoChill: 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
Lawgod247:
I hope you are using the right colouring agent and not Dye for fabrics. Perhaps you are using excess of it or applying it wrongly. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUMI, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. This is why NAFDAC is strict when it comes to approving products meant for consumption by the public.

Bro why do I have the feeling that you are a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Lawgod247: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
NoChill:

Bro why do I have the feeling that you are a lawyer

Lol. Trust your guts.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Mike008(m): 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
Mustn't be coloured. May be attractive to the eyes but for health concerns a lot of people (especially adults) may decline patronage.
Just stick with the regular popcorn. Only milking it is sufficient.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by poseidonsaiz(m): 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Definitely the combination you used in achieving it..

For your interior decor, please see my signature.

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by FODA(m): 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
hmmm,
I am a professional when it comes to popcorn biz.
The problem is the flavor u, use.
Normal and right flavor only brings out the colour, it shouldn't affect the taste.
booss ,where can I get this machine ,it look lovely
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
FODA:
booss ,where can I get this machine ,it look lovely
I build them.
Which one are u interested in?
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
Lawdis:

....why can't you direct the fellow as he/she asked rather than bragging that you're a professional in popcorn making.....Nigerians sef...please show people little kindness when it comes to a thing like this
you people are quick to judge in order just to sound sane, I bet you didn't read that post properly.
I told her what to do, check the first page and I gave her some tips and told her to quote me so I can proceed. But you were in haste to quorw
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Lawdis(m): 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
you people are quick to judge in order just to sound sane, I bet you didn't read that post properly.
I told her what to do, check the first page and I gave her some tips and told her to quote me so I can proceed. But you were in haste to quorw

Omoniyi jowo mabinu s'ogbo grin
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by GreatSage: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
hmmm,
Normal and right flavor only brings out the colour, it shouldn't affect the taste.
Sir where can I get this kind of your popcorn machine and how much is it?
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatSage:

Sir where can I get this kind of your popcorn machine and how much is it?
which particular one sir?
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
Lawdis:

Omoniyi jowo mabinu s'ogbo grin
o kare baami

1 Like

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by GreatSage: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
omale88:
one mudu(measure) of raw popcorn for a perfect red(creamy red not blood red)you don't put more than halve bottle cap of colour,for green you can put same quantity as red so also for blue,but as for yello two bottle caps should be okay,I used to run a big popcorn factory ,my stainless steel pot and gas burner is up for sale,it's big enough to pop two measures in one go.
How much do you intend selling and where us your location?
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by GreatSage: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
which particular one sir?
That yellow coloured popcorn machine.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatSage:

That yellow coloured popcorn machine.
it goes for 120k sir, comes. With filled gas cylinder, entertainment system and phone charging ports (2)
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by GreatSage: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
it goes for 120k sir, comes. With filled gas cylinder, entertainment system and phone charging ports (2)
What if I don't need all those accessories, I have my own cylinder and I don't need the bulb or entertainment system. How much will it cost me minus d accessories?
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatSage:

What if I don't need all those accessories, I have my own cylinder and I don't need the bulb or entertainment system. How much will it cost me minus d accessories?
80k sir
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatSage:

this is what u need sir

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by angelamina(f): 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
Excuzeme:

Why dont you just tell him EXACTLY what type he needs to use and where you buy it..... instead of forming this "Professional" like you invented facebook?
WHo asked you whether you are a Professional or not? Who asked for pictures of your PopCorn maker?
All these shpwoff, just for a simple question, ehn?

The problem with most Nigerians is their greed and selfishness.
You will get free information on the internet or from someone and then start to hoard it when someone else ask you about it.

SMH
Answer the question the Op asked you directly or get the Bleep outta his thread.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by chival(f): 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
Slightly off topic- there is a brand of cereal that does that too. It come in coloured rings. Fed it to my toddler years ago and her poop was bright blue/green. Once, I arrived to pick her up in school and her teacher told me in a shaky voice that my daughter's poop was blue. The poor woman was scared. grin
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Redman44(m): 11:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
omale88:

Hi Omale88, just read your comment now. Why did you stop your Popcorn business? I am just curious. Did you have problems managing it? Was it profitable? Or what happened?
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 16, 2020
Redman44:

Hi Omale88, just read your comment now. Why did you stop your Popcorn business? I am just curious. Did you have problems managing it? Was it profitable? Or what happened?
actually the problem was with management,raise in raw materials, sugar price 6000-16000,corn 9000-18000 grit,oil 6000-12000 and gas for production 50kg 9000-12000 ,low product patronage from customers,it flourished from 2014 January to December 2016.there was absolutely no profits coming in as people no longer have extra cash to spare so we had to shutdown,the recession was real. I felt it first hand.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 16, 2020
GreatSage:

How much do you intend selling and where us your location?
350000k (its one of a kind)when i mean stainless steel I mean it this type you can't get it any where easily,it usually the type they use to sterilize tools in hospitals ,I'm in plateau state jos South,sorry I don't have the pic now,follow the thread ok post it later.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by ireneidiva(f): 3:28am On Mar 16, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

coloured poo grin grin grin oh my world..
Oh my word not world.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by MyParadise(m): 7:29am On Mar 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
hmmm,

How much for this pop corn machine
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by dante0147: 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
it is thinking like yours that makes the white think we are fools.
So the whites doing colored popcorn how many people have they poisoned?

Who gives two bleeps about her colored popcorn if i can’t give a Bleep! MY POINT IS THIS SHE SHOULD GO LEARN HER COLORED POPCORN MAKING IN A REPUTABLE CATERING SCHOOL INSTEAD OF COMING HERE TO DO TRY AND ERROR !
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2020
Is there any particular brand I should look out for? I actually looked for glaze pop and corn treat but couldn't get it here.
I tried the milk flavour and it turned out well though.
southniyikaye:
look out for the unsweetened flavor, it is written on the body.
And how did you mix the flavor? And how many colour combo were you planning on doing at once?
Pls quote me directly for me to see ur reply
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
Thank you so much
JayPeeOham:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZhFFyljap4&feature=youtu.be

Click on that link to get what you want!!

You can thank me later wink
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2020
Butter and oil gives it a caramelized colour, the colouring are mostly for kids.
xynerise:

We just dey chop, we no even know whats up
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2020
nezeodunze:
Is there any particular brand I should look out for? I actually looked for glaze pop and corn treat but couldn't get it here.
I tried the milk flavour and it turned out well though.
no particular brand, just go to where they sell cake materials and ask them for any UNSWEETENED food colouring. It comes in small sizes and diff colors
You just need to add a little quantity it won't change the popcorn taste, only the colour.
The unsweetened colouring doesn't have taste, check the body to confirm if it is unsweetened.
Go through the thread I created yesterday on popcorn so u can understand better

And another thing, do one color at a time, like your first pop maybe red
Second pop blue etc
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2020
Please be well guided, I tried it I'm house and it's not yet in the public domain. Even after I go to catering school to get the basic, you'll still try out
cos your recipe is unique to you. Thanks
dante0147:
First
Of all I want to blame Nairaland for pushing this to the front page! Secondly you should be arrested and prosecuted for endangering people’s life purposely ! When has Nairaland turn to a catering school that you think you can come up here to ask a question about how to make something not for your personal consumption but for the general public knowing too well that you need to go to a catering school to acquire this knowledge. I pity the people BUying the pop corn.... This is the reason why Nigeria can never grow instead of going to learn something you are trying to achieve it through the back door! I pray you receive sense !!!!

Mr SEUN , mynd44 please take note of this post it should be removed from front page ! This is disastrous!
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2020
I searched the net and watched YouTube videos and all most all their method gave same result and the colours pop corns I sampled gave same result and that's why I want something different.
toscolee:

I follow Dr Strive Masiyiwa on Facebook.
He asks questions and expect people to Google it.
No.They will still be trying to figure it out by themselves.
Our system of education doesn't encourage research and we're paying the price.
Observe she didn't mention if she searched the net for the right method.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Who Knows What This Plant Is Called In English? / See Onions I Bought For 2k In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.