Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,006 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:48 AM

Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong (58288 Views)

Hunger Rate In Nigeria Has Gone Really Bad / Local Popcorn Machine For Sale. / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2020
Thank you so much, I appreciate.
foxxydude:
OP buy food grade liquid color from cake shops
mix the color into the oil first
I wish you good luck
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2020
Thanks so much for your assistance
southniyikaye:
Op, I asked some questions and I told you to quote me so I can see it and know how to render assistance.
There are two known methods of doing colored popcorn.
1) you put your butter, add sugar, let it heat up then you add unsweetened flavor to it, then add your popcorn afterwards. The flavor you use is the sweeten one used for baking cake.

2) pop the corn as usual, white one, then mix your unsweetened flavor into some amount of water and mix it together.
The first process is the best cos it saves time..
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2020
Thanks
omale88:
one mudu(measure) of raw popcorn for a perfect red(creamy red not blood red)you don't put more than halve bottle cap of colour,for green you can put same quantity as red so also for blue,but as for yello two bottle caps should be okay,I used to run a big popcorn factory ,my stainless steel pot and gas burner is up for sale,it's big enough to pop two measures in one go.

1 Like

Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
Ok
southniyikaye:
no particular brand, just go to where they sell cake materials and ask them for any UNSWEETENED food colouring. It comes in small sizes and diff colors
You just need to add a little quantity it won't change the popcorn taste, only the colour.
The unsweetened colouring doesn't have taste, check the body to confirm if it is unsweetened.
Go through the thread I created yesterday on popcorn so u can understand better

And another thing, do one color at a time, like your first pop maybe red
Second pop blue etc
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by darlenese(f): 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2020
how come u have not been arrested
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2020
nezeodunze:
Thanks
you are welcome
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by toscolee(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
nezeodunze:
I searched the net and watched YouTube videos and all most all their method gave same result and the colours pop corns I sampled gave same result and that's why I want something different.

Okay.
I pray you find a better way to do it.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by JayPeeOham: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2020
nezeodunze:
Thank you so much

You are welcome
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by nezeodunze(f): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
Thanks for all your suggestions, I finally got it right.
Re: Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong by ObongawanAKS(f): 11:08am On May 25, 2020
omale88:
one mudu(measure) of raw popcorn for a perfect red(creamy red not blood red)you don't put more than halve bottle cap of colour,for green you can put same quantity as red so also for blue,but as for yello two bottle caps should be okay,I used to run a big popcorn factory ,my stainless steel pot and gas burner is up for sale,it's big enough to pop two measures in one go.

You could have pressed on!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Who Knows What This Plant Is Called In English? / See Onions I Bought For 2k In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.