Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason (38217 Views)

Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Benin. Photos/video / Watch The Video Of The Slayqueen That Ran Mad In Owerri Yesterday / Vikings Cultist Shot Dead By SARS In Enugu (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by davidmoyes(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
SARS- Special Armed Robbery Squad

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by 0taPiaPia(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
If you let this matter slide just like that you would be creating a precedent for another.. we should all create time to tackle this urgly trend by sueing them or using any other legal means deemed fit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Sheuns(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
Google translate on my phone makes me a suspect? These guys are bunch of illiterates. What criteria do they use in employing them sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Owerri1stSon: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
adebayo201:
Yesterday's 13th, today's 14th while tomorrow is 15th.

Yeah.. Mistake
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by AfroKnight: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
Sorry bro.

This is what happens when a country has endured military dictatorship for far too long. Every security agency with license to arrest would look down on and oppress the ordinary citizen. Even in Lekki, ordinary Man o War dey oppress okada man (back when Okada’s weren’t banned).

I wonder if there is a Lagosian who has not witnessed soldier brutality before. You overtake them, problem. You challenge them when they jump the queue at the ATM, they’ll attack you. The disdain is sown right from their training camp.

You should sue if your lawyer advices you to.

The high-handed attitude of officers doesn’t endear them to anyone. That’s why you see people cracking jokes and even rejoicing when officers are murdered or suffering.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Hayzead07(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2020
I still chop slap from one sars officer 3 days ago cos I told him I don’t have a phone��

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by SciLab: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
Few years ago, I was in Owerri to attend a wedding. I couldn't drive down because my car had slight issues.

While walking down to Ikenegbu junction from prisons, a siena bus pulled over and the police guys asked me for my phone. I asked them why, one of them started barking at me and threatening to shoot.

I handed the phone to them and told them I'm ready to follow them to the station. I assured them that I will provide all the details they need at the station. When we got to the station at the area command, I was about to be put behind the counter with some other guys when the AC drove in with his details.

I summoned courage and greeted the AC like I knew him before, I introduced myself as a human right member of the PCRC, JDPC and Amnesty International to spark his interest. I told him that I'm under illegal detention by some of his boys who are on illegal duty which I am sure he didn't ask them to do. I also presented my I.D card as a medical professional.

The man sensing serious petitions flying right, left and centre invited me to his office, during the chat, the AC ordered that I be released but I told him his boys also took N70,000 cash from me which I was supposed to donate at the wedding of my good friend who was also a human right officer and a member of the Nigeria Army medical corps. No money had been taken from me yet but I wanted the bastards to pay for wasting my time.

The police guys denied and swore heaven and earth, but I maintained that the money was taken from me and shared and I must have it back. The AC ordered that they produce the 70K within 30mins and return my phone, else they face whatever comes out of the case, that he is awaiting his promotion and will sacrifice them if need be.

That money was provided with surprising speed and my phone given to me. They must have extorted it from the other guys I guess.

But I left that station N70,000 richer. I spray money for that wedding like say tommorow no dey. grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Happyguy201: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
Those idiots stopped me and they ask for my phone i told them i was robbed and my phone was taken i gave them my nokia they checked and didnt see nothing infact Trust me until we start tracing their family members and killing them one after another Sars will never stop . If I had my way I would shoot every Sars officer dead and piss on their dead body .

13 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by adebayo201: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:

Yeah.. Mistake

I thought as much. I don't pray that my enemy should have a staunch experience with these imbecilé.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Antichristus: 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE WAS THE DAY I SHREDDED MY NIGERIAN PASSPORT AND POSTED THE SHREDS TO MY NEAREST NIGERIAN HIGH COMMISSION. NIGERIA IS bleeped UP BIG TIME.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by lapo(m): 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
Criminals in uniform
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Ryan03(f): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2020
Pls don't just sit it out. Make a formal report (petition) to their head quarter, contact sagalink, tag police PPRO, let this story go viral. If every victim do this, these thieves will be dealt with and those with same intent will hide their heads

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by vincentjk(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2020
SpyAC:
U ve not seen anything, the re all criminals, that's y I dnt go far with my phone, always with my Nokia touch for support, them go search tire

That's the way forward, my guy in Lagos when chatting with him on phone told me how he keeps his phone at home each time he wants to go out, not even Nokia torchlight sef he just go to wherever he wants without any phone and police/sars are already tired of him because they believe he doesn't use phone

That day I laugh sotey tears comot for my eyes grin grin

Don't know why it made me laugh but he was actually serious
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Kenneth10110(m): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2020
They are enjoying this free money imagine 24 from 5 persons just like that. Even the government na yahoo, SARS yahoo their guns is the plus they use. One nairalander will come and be saying trash to g boys forgetting the system of the country itself is yahoo.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by EliteDude(m): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2020
Una neva see anything....shey na APC n PDP be una only option for election.
Shey una still dey drag una selves for ethnic buhaha....una neva see anything
This is the begining

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by xest(m): 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
constant1960:
We are Just Living in this Country for no reason

China on my mind
i support u bro. Na to go there come back with that corona virus, enter Abuja and infect people there. Nonsense
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Ryan03(f): 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
AfroKnight:
Sorry bro.

This is what happens when a country has endured military dictatorship for far too long. Every security agency with license to arrest would look down on and oppress the ordinary citizen. Even in Lekki, ordinary Man o War dey oppress okada man (back when Okada’s weren’t banned).

I wonder if there is a Lagosian who has not witnessed soldier brutality before. You overtake them, problem. You challenge them when the jump the queue at the ATM, they’ll attack you. The disdain is sown right from their training camp.

You should sue if your lawyer advices you to.

The high-handed attitude of officers doesn’t endear them to anyone. That’s why you see people cracking jokes and even rejoicing when officers are murdered or suffering.
very true. Most Nigerians feel like gods once they wear any uniform (even man o'war), they feel they are better than every other person and are automatically above the law. Its a shame

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by DaddyRochie1642: 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:
It all started yesterday, 14th or March when I was heading to a burial at around 11am.

My longtime class mate's Mom died, so I really needed to attend that burial since it was over 8 years since I saw him back in Abuja and now I am in IMO State, and since they are coming to IMO State for their Mom's burial, I deemed it necessary to attend that burial.

Besides, we were family friends aside being in same sec. school.

I alighted at fire service in owerri, and decided trekking to the burial which is not far from the road when a SARS officer called me and was like I should give him my phone.

I wanted hesitating but while he was talking, I noticed that he just finished smoking ibo with one of those strong drinks, so I didn't want trouble or what might lead to another, I had to give him the phone.

He started checking my phone;

*He checked all my pictures from a—z but couldn't find anything.

He went to hangout and checked it but it wasn't even activated

He asked me what so many gmails were doing in my phone? That if I know the implications of many gmail in my phone, I will decide to settle with him there.

I was like WTF? Gmails? I use them in case of any online registration but he said I am "A YAHOO BOY."

I told him to to check all gmails and see if there was any yahoo message or any message that would indict me, he refused and asked me to follow him to the station.

The station was very closed by.

There he took me and handed me to some SARS officers there and was like 'This is is one of them"

There, I met other 21 innocent guys too then I knew my case was about to start.

They gave my phone to an officer who checked phones to know if guys are doing "Yahoo or Not" and when he checked my phone, he was like what is google translator doing in my phone? That I am a suspect. Just like that?

I was like sir, check those google translator and if you see any sentence that relate to yahoo, you can arrest me, he said so far I had "Google Translator" in my phone, I am a suspect..

I told them that I was attending a burial before I was called, that even if the want to hold the phone till I come back, they should cause I can't miss this, they told me to shutup.

I tried explaining to an elderly police man, what I got was a slap from him, shouting that I am a suspect, I am foolish, this and that.

I was with other innocent guys there for over 4-5 hours before my phone was pickup to be checked again.

I called them innocent because I was there when their phones where equally checked and upon finding nothing on their phones, they still arrested and wanted putting them in cell. 4 of them had to bail themselves for 24k each.

I wanted attending a burial around 11am and now, this is 4:20pm I was still with them.

My phone was recheck maybe after seeing that I ain't giving them nothing or any sort of money, they gave it back to me and allowed me to go..

I was thinking of suing them most especially the elderly man for slapping me just because I was trying to explain things to him

This stuff just made me hated Nigeria more and more.

The Police Station in Owerri, behind Fire service is a total mess.

The police/sars there are armed robbers and thieves, please, this should be checkmated.

I believe they always give them target and commission for bring guys.

They get paid if any of the guys bails themselves.

They extort illegally!!!

You're Just Weeping and gnashing your teeth for nothing grin grin
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
It's of no use suing them. I had a similar experience last year. They came to my house. Knocked the gate gently and when I asked who was there, they said NEPA.
I went to open the gate only to find them. Like 6, all fully armed.
They said they got information that I'm the one supplying armed robbers with guns.
I didn't know when I shouted Jesus!
They searched my house up to the roof, started searching my laptop and my phones. My wife and my little cousin were in shock.
Then after all the search and they found nothing. They asked if I'm the owner of the car parked in the compound, I said yes. They said I should come, we are going to the station.
I was just smiling that this people never see anything, me that am looking for trouble before. I use to save money for people like this.
I said okay, they drove my car and took my phone and my wife's phone.
Took me to station and started searching the phones again!
Long story short, I was there from Morning till night. Then they said I can go.
Asked me to come for my car the next day cuz the person with the key has closed for the day.

I thought about suing them too but my lawyer advised me not to bother. He said they will deny it and since they didn't take any money from me, I won't have any evidence that they did what I claim they did.

When I picked up my car the next day, I noticed that they searched it and even tore some of my company's documents I left in the safe.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by BeerParlour: 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:
It all started yesterday, 14th or March when I was heading to a burial at around 11am.

My longtime class mate's Mom died, so I really needed to attend that burial since it was over 8 years since I saw him back in Abuja and now I am in IMO State, and since they are coming to IMO State for their Mom's burial, I deemed it necessary to attend that burial.

I alighted at fire service in owerri, and decided trekking to the burial which is not far from the road when a SARS officer called me and was like I should give him my phone.

I wanted hesitating but while he was talking, I noticed that he just finished smoking ibo with one of those strong drinks, so I didn't want trouble or what might lead to another, I had to give him the phone.

He asked me what so many gmails were doing in my phone? That if I know the implications of many gmail in my phone, I will decide to settle with him there.

I was like WTF? Gmails? I use them in case of any online registration but he said I am "A YAHOO BOY."

I told him to to check all gmails and see if there was any yahoo message or any message that would indict me, he refused and asked me to follow him to the station.

There he took me and handed me to some SARS officers there and was like 'This is is one of them"

They gave my phone to an officer who checked phones to know if guys are doing "Yahoo or Not" and when he checked my phone, he was like what is google translator doing in my phone? That I am a suspect. Just like that?

I was like sir, check those google translator and if you see any sentence that relate to yahoo, you can arrest me, he said so far I had "Google Translator" in my phone, I am a suspect..

I told them that I was attending a burial before I was called, that even if the want to hold the phone till I come back, they should cause I can't miss this, they told me to shutup.

I tried explaining to an elderly police man, what I got was a slap from him, shouting that I am a suspect, I am foolish, this and that.

I was with other innocent guys there for over 4-5 hours before my phone was pickup to be checked again.

I called them innocent because I was there when their phones where equally checked and upon finding nothing on their phones, they still arrested and wanted putting them in cell. 4 of them had to bail themselves for 24k each.

I wanted attending a burial around 11am and now, this is 4:20pm I was still with them.

My phone was recheck maybe after seeing that I ain't giving them nothing or any sort of money, they gave it back to me and allowed me to go..

I was thinking of suing them most especially the elderly man for slapping me just because I was trying to explain things to him

The police/sars there are armed robbers and thieves, please, this should be checkmated.

They extort illegally!!!

What is ibo?

Why can't you call it weed or other name it is?
You claimed to come from Imo State but call weed/marijuana ibo.

Most of the people call guff

Mumu

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by SenecaTheYonger: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:

They extort illegally!!!

Those guys that were extorted, do you have their contact?
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by kevotek1000(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
S. A. R are driving out our able men in this coutr3y everyday with their evil acts. I will never 4get 2010 I got the beating of my life, just because I dressed well and with a Galax hair I was tagged a yahooboy... Even though I was using a Nokia touch light and no evidence or whatsoever. For me S. A. Rs deserves Coronavirus or anything worst than that... They keep disgracing our already disgraced and buhalize country.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by SenecaTheYonger: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
Kemz77:
The problem with One Nigeria lovers is until they go through the evil of One Nigeria, they will never understand how evil and useless this country is. Once they taste it, they will hate Nigeria and Nigerians with passion.

True. I used to love Nigeria until I lost 200k to sars. They all lost their jobs but I still very much am not in support of one Nigeria ahain

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Idzitari1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2020
Please sue them they ar all criminals
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by SenecaTheYonger: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2020
Happyguy201:
Those idiots stopped me and they ask for my phone i told them i was robbed and my phone was taken i gave them my nokia they checked and didnt see nothing infact Trust me until we start tracing their family members and killing them one after another Sars will never stop . If I had my way I would shoot every Sars officer dead and piss on their dead body .

My Nigga
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by AfroKnight: 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
Ryan03:
very true. Most Nigerians feel like gods once they wear any uniform (even man o'war), they feel they are better than every other person and are automatically above the law. Its a shame

A big shame. It’s a sad systematic conditioning.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:

They extort illegally!!!

grin grin grin I bet you never believed that this would ever happen to you.

I hope you are not one of those people who always tell people to dress well, don't have braids and dreadlocks.

Come! what kinda shoes were you wearing? did you dress well? i hope you don't have dreadlocks. undecided
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
U bleeped up wink u for bone the burial,hide somewhere, chill till the old man wey slap u close for the day,tail am reach one corner ..beat daylights out of the fool cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Fabinu(m): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Not again...now we have to continue raising our voices until they stop all these rubbish. It's total mess to be born and raised in Nigeria. I feel ur pains bro but can you check for Harrison on Instagram, send him a mail regarding this.. I thought these Sars people were stopped from doing all these
Drop more info on the Harrison. Lotta Harrison on Instagram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Burnt In Okigwe For Stealing Motorcycle / Herbalist Uses Women’s Pants, Bras For Rituals Nabbed (picture) / Thief Jumps Inside Lagos Lagoon After Stealing, Gets Rescued (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.