Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,234 members, 7,836,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason (38249 Views)

Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Benin. Photos/video / Watch The Video Of The Slayqueen That Ran Mad In Owerri Yesterday / Vikings Cultist Shot Dead By SARS In Enugu (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by vincentjk(m): 5:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mikehot:
e serious o, they actually transfer implicating stuffs themselves to those big phones

Hmm these NPF guys are something else o
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Legendguru: 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
smiley
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by medolab90(m): 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
I'm just tired of this country everything is so annoying and frustrating.

Papa God in my next life I only ask of one thing don make me a Nigerian.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by samonak(m): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
The authorities need to do something about these SARS officers,they've turned the force into an extortionist racket. Stealing from innocent citizens. Just last week a colleague was picked up at Berger - Abuja around 8-9pm and taken to their station, he told them he was going to work and even showed them his Office ID (That was when the trouble started) The officers said he works in a prestigious organization and therefore has a lot of money. They refused to budge after several entreaties fell on deaf ears. He had to call his sister who had to involve Airforce officers before he could be released. It is situations like this that one curses the day he became a Nigerian. To be honest, I usually feel very happy when any SARS officer dies in the line of duty, I don't pity them one bit, infact, I refused to rent out my property to a man when I discovered he was a policeman. Very wicked and heartless set of people.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by samonak(m): 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
SciLab:
Few years ago, I was in Owerri to attend a wedding. I couldn't drive down because my car had slight issues.

While walking down to Ikenegbu junction from prisons, a siena bus pulled over and the police guys asked me for my phone. I asked them why, one of them started barking at me and threatening to shoot.

I handed the phone to them and told them I'm ready to follow them to the station. I assured them that I will provide all the details they need at the station. When we got to the station at the area command, I was about to be put behind the counter with some other guys when the AC drove in with his details.

I summoned courage and greeted the AC like I knew him before, I introduced myself as a human right member of the PCRC, JDPC and Amnesty International to spark his interest. I told him that I'm under illegal detention by some of his boys who are on illegal duty which I am sure he didn't ask them to do. I also presented my I.D card as a medical professional.

The man sensing serious petitions flying right, left and centre invited me to his office, during the chat, the AC ordered that I be released but I told him his boys also took N70,000 cash from me which I was supposed to donate at the wedding of my good friend who was also a human right officer and a member of the Nigeria Army medical corps. No money had been taken from me yet but I wanted the bastards to pay for wasting my time.

The police guys denied and swore heaven and earth, but I maintained that the money was taken from me and shared and I must have it back. The AC ordered that they produce the 70K within 30mins and return my phone, else they face whatever comes out of the case, that he is awaiting his promotion and will sacrifice them if need be.

That money was provided with surprising speed and my phone given to me. They must have extorted it from the other guys I guess.

But I left that station N70,000 richer. I spray money for that wedding like say tommorow no dey. grin

Lie Mohammed's got nothing on you. Lienus
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by zudozz: 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2020
if u do not take up d matter then how will they stop?
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by SciLab: 5:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
samonak:

Lie Mohammed's got nothing on you. Lienus

You think say na everybody be atutupoyoyo wey never see life like you.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by optm(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
Just this month , I had attended to two persons that got their eye wonded by police officers. How else or who would Nigerians cry out to so these can be addressed?
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Geekhard: 6:37pm On Mar 14, 2020
Did you get any of their details? I can help you pursue the matter if you're ready. My email is - okeyijenwa@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by showafrica(m): 6:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
MarianaTrench:
This SARS thing is more prevalent in the South eastern part of the country.

To avoid them, just cut hair low, dress well and use a normal private car like Toyota. If you must use public TP, dress like a jew man or a pupper. They assault people, thats how low it has become.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Nwogu71: 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
Am sorry my guy that is Nigeria for you. Where so many are suffering and smiling.
Passing through inhumane and degrading punishment all for their own funny and in their own glory. Letting people die for the wrong they do oh painful...
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Goodgod213: 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
CONFAMA:

EFCC has joined them too. Their own is even worse. I was one of the people kidnapped by EFCC at club 360 in Ibadan this January. Despite having nothing on me, they incarcerated me for 3 days and held my phones for almost two months.

How much is their bail if they catch one with stuffs on his phone. Kindly respond I am just curious
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by harakiri(m): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
We can lament till 2033 about SARS and #endsars...

Until we start taking laws into our hands, the menace will not cease. In sane climes, this one case alone is enough to spark national outrage, violent protests and even killing of many police officers. That is why those countries are "civil" today.

Look at the change a little protest in Sagamu brought to SARS... Govt will do absolutely NOTHING until you show you are ready to kill and die for your rights.

End of.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by harakiri(m): 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
showafrica:

To avoid them, just cut hair low, dress well and use a normal private car like Toyota. If you must use public TP, dress like a jew man or a pupper. They assault people, thats how low it has become.

Oga...leave that thing...these ppl will molest you even if you dress as a pope so long as they are sure of extorting at least N1,000 from you.

Until these guy start getting burnt on the streets like arm robbers which they are, govt will do nothing. Taking the cowards way out to avoid them will change nothing. For goodness sake there is NO single difference BTW them are kidnappers/robbers.

Why is this generation an abysmal failure?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Patojargz: 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
U dey Bleep up. One man dey round u up wey u go kpo kpo like say no 2moro...
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by odimbannamdi(m): 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
SciLab:

Na so na.

I no dey joke with my I.D cards o. I learnt a lot from my dad who is also senior JDPC and PCRC official.

Every Police sef get Oga. Na who know know.

Even the police sef don dey wise. Once you agree to follow them to the office without argument. They will want to know who you really are, so they can cut their losses and prevent gbege right there at the spot. grin

Please help suggest some notable ones i could be a voluntary member of, along with their registration process. I actually work in organization that works with some NGOs to deliver certain projects, but most of them are centred around gender-equality, domestic violence and child abuse. None related to human rights.

Kindly assist, make these SARS boys for no use me or my family member shine one day. God forbid sha

Cc: MansoryMX
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by seanwilliam(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
MansoryMX:

I won’t lie you. I am just holding on because I want my wife to finish her youth service so that we can relocate to Ghana and start afresh. I plan on traveling there to buy a house there in a nice and conducive place. Nigeria isn’t a safe place for the common man anymore despite no single basic amenities from the govt. it’s a shame, it’s a big shame. I cannot bring up my kids in this kind of nation. God forbid! My advice to you is trying and belong to a human right organization or better still go to any Barrack around you and apply to be a Mess member. Police people will see you like a plague and stay away from you. Thank me later
pls how do I apply as a mess member pls, I'm interested, pls give guide lines pls
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by MansoryMX(m): 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Please help suggest some notable ones i could be a voluntary member of, along with their registration process. I actually work in organization that works with some NGOs to deliver certain projects, but most of them are centred around gender-equality, domestic violence and child abuse. None related to human rights.

Kindly assist, make these SARS boys for no use me or my family member shine one day. God forbid sha

Cc: MansoryMX

Which town and State do you live in?
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by seanwilliam(m): 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
CONFAMA:

EFCC has joined them too. Their own is even worse. I was one of the people kidnapped by EFCC at club 360 in Ibadan this January. Despite having nothing on me, they incarcerated me for 3 days and held my phones for almost two months.
how much did you pay as bail bro
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by MansoryMX(m): 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
seanwilliam:
pls how do I apply as a mess member pls, I'm interested, pls give guide lines pls

Which town and state do you live in?
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by seanwilliam(m): 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
MansoryMX:

Which town and state do you live in?
Ibadan, oyo state.. pls bro, I will really appreciate this
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by MansoryMX(m): 9:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
seanwilliam:
Ibadan, oyo state.. pls bro, I will really appreciate this

I do not give out my number so I will follow you. I will get in touch with our secretary to get information about Navy Mess in Ibadan. And get back to you
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by greggng: 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:
It all started yesterday, 14th or March when I was heading to a burial at around 11am.

My longtime class mate's Mom died, so I really needed to attend that burial since it was over 8 years since I saw him back in Abuja and now I am in IMO State, and since they are coming to IMO State for their Mom's burial, I deemed it necessary to attend that burial.

Besides, we were family friends aside being in same sec. school.

I alighted at fire service in owerri, and decided trekking to the burial which is not far from the road when a SARS officer called me and was like I should give him my phone.

I wanted hesitating but while he was talking, I noticed that he just finished smoking ibo with one of those strong drinks, so I didn't want trouble or what might lead to another, I had to give him the phone.

He started checking my phone;

*He checked all my pictures from a—z but couldn't find anything.

He went to hangout and checked it but it wasn't even activated

He asked me what so many gmails were doing in my phone? That if I know the implications of many gmail in my phone, I will decide to settle with him there.

I was like WTF? Gmails? I use them in case of any online registration but he said I am "A YAHOO BOY."

I told him to to check all gmails and see if there was any yahoo message or any message that would indict me, he refused and asked me to follow him to the station.

The station was very closed by.

There he took me and handed me to some SARS officers there and was like 'This is is one of them"

There, I met other 21 innocent guys too then I knew my case was about to start.

They gave my phone to an officer who checked phones to know if guys are doing "Yahoo or Not" and when he checked my phone, he was like what is google translator doing in my phone? That I am a suspect. Just like that?

I was like sir, check those google translator and if you see any sentence that relate to yahoo, you can arrest me, he said so far I had "Google Translator" in my phone, I am a suspect..

I told them that I was attending a burial before I was called, that even if the want to hold the phone till I come back, they should cause I can't miss this, they told me to shutup.

I tried explaining to an elderly police man, what I got was a slap from him, shouting that I am a suspect, I am foolish, this and that.

I was with other innocent guys there for over 4-5 hours before my phone was pickup to be checked again.

I called them innocent because I was there when their phones where equally checked and upon finding nothing on their phones, they still arrested and wanted putting them in cell. 4 of them had to bail themselves for 24k each.

I wanted attending a burial around 11am and now, this is 4:20pm I was still with them.

My phone was recheck maybe after seeing that I ain't giving them nothing or any sort of money, they gave it back to me and allowed me to go..

I was thinking of suing them most especially the elderly man for slapping me just because I was trying to explain things to him

This stuff just made me hated Nigeria more and more.

The Police Station in Owerri, behind Fire service is a total mess.

The police/sars there are armed robbers and thieves, please, this should be checkmated.

I believe they always give them target and commission for bring guys.

They get paid if any of the guys bails themselves.

They extort illegally!!!

In as much as I don't like the idea of detaining innocent people but your decision to have multiple Gmail account is unacceptable ...and they might be right to classify u as one of Yahoo boys. I can't imagine myself having more than one Gmail account ...worst case you may 've more than two e-mail account but different domain i.e. Yahoo,
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by seanwilliam(m): 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
MansoryMX:

I do not give out my number so I will follow you. I will get in touch with our secretary to get information about Navy Mess in Ibadan. And get back to you
I will forever in my life appreciate this
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by showafrica(m): 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
harakiri:

Oga...leave that thing...these ppl will molest you even if you dress as a pope so long as they are sure of extorting at least N1,000 from you.

Until these guy start getting burnt on the streets like arm robbers which they are, govt will do nothing. Taking the cowards way out to avoid them will change nothing. For goodness sake there is NO single difference BTW them are kidnappers/robbers.

Why is this generation an abysmal failure?

Lol, its the new low, they will put a bullet in your head if you prove stubborn. This generation like life too much and Christianity condemns eye for an eye. If we were jews, e for no reach this level.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by showafrica(m): 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
greggng:

In as much as I don't like the idea of detaining innocent people but your decision to have multiple Gmail account is unacceptable ...and they might be right to classify u as one of Yahoo boys. I can't imagine myself having more than one Gmail account ...worst case you may 've more than two e-mail account but different domain i.e. Yahoo,

In this internet age you are saying this..? I have 7 gmails account and they all serve one purpose or the other. I wont give out my personal gmail account to jamb or waec or any public service for security reasons hence multiple accounts.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by mozona(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
but yesterday was 13th and today is 14th.

pele..
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
You all keep saying "one day, e go better", I say " one day a policeman will be killed and Nigerians will see the light"

@op, mumu u, did this incident happen last year or in your dreams.

Fake story
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by greggng: 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
showafrica:

In this internet age you are saying this..? I have 7 gmails account and they all serve one purpose or the other. I wont give out my personal gmail account to jamb or waec or any public service for security reasons hence multiple accounts.

Is like telling me you have 7 SIM cards you are using ...only a criminal will be having such in this jet age....
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by odimbannamdi(m): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
MansoryMX:

Which town and State do you live in?

Lagos
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Owerri1stSon: 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2020
BeerParlour:

What is ibo?

Why can't you call it weed or other name it is?
You claimed to come from Imo State but call weed/marijuana ibo.

Most of the people call guff

Mumu

You are the mumu here..

I used Ibo and not Igbo ...
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Owerri1stSon: 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Those guys that were extorted, do you have their contact?

No bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia / Herbalist Uses Women’s Pants, Bras For Rituals Nabbed (picture) / Obituary Of 8-Year-Old Killed By Her Brother In Port Harcourt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.