Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? (15467 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Teespice(f): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
I still go to church. Only thing that has changed is no more sign of peace,then communion is received on the palm.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by ikorodureporta: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
femi4:
always looking for excuse...na them. Yet they were present in AMVCA award yesterday

The thing about this virus is, if it eventually storms Naija, we may have about one million cases within a week, due to past ignorance & negligence
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Ogaonos: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
OloshoMan:
Everybody is a Christian until corona hits town and they disappear even in Rome. Nature has its own way of humbling religion.
because many pple are hypocrite.but saying it humble Christian religion.i disagree with u.sit and imagine u get d virus now it will humble u to religion(Christian)DT d only solution when u get it right now.because scientist are still researching for a vaccine.no cure.u or me have it God forbid they carry us to isolation put oxygen on u give u drugs Nd hope ur bdy strong to overcome it.that what is happening at the moment.that time u humble to christ
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Eviana(f): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
JuanDeDios:

Will you marry me?

I am both "tickled" and "flattered".
Very nice one....thank you sir smiley
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Do you still feel safe going to church?

E b like say I go stay for house this Sunday

You are not a Christian but a religious person. And it is so because you have been in the wrong company playing religion.

Would Jesus have been anywhere but in the sanctuary on the appointed day and time for worshipping God.

By the way, the problem starts for folks like you because you don't really have a personal understanding of the what it means to worship and to whom your worship goes to.

You don't know God and you don't understand what it means to worship but you are a very religious person.

Worship is a serious and big BUSINESS. the most profitable spiritual exercise available in any kingdom... Satan told Jesus Christ, just bow and worship and I will cheaply hand the kingdoms of this world to you... Just worship.

You lack books and parchment hence lacks understanding ... Only clothes for showing off on Sunday..... 2 Tim 4 v 13.... You can o ly understand by books.. Dan 9 v 2

I pray you meet God someday.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by foleskay(m): 3:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
gypsey:
Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? grin

why has your useless Jesus left you and your families in starvation, sickness and poverty

I am guessing you and your families will live forever. undecided

Dammm!! cheesy I think you are an ugly ass pigg.

Keep basking in your miserable life. Fvking retard
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Gabbriell: 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
The question there is:

IS YOUR GOD GREATER THAN covid-19?
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by 5thcolm(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
Here in the US ehn, all oyinbo churches around me canceled church and took their service online. Our naija church dey form holy still encouraging people to come to church like say no be this same oyinbo introduce church to us.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by femi4: 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
ikorodureporta:

The thing about this virus is, if it eventually storms Naija, we may have about one million cases within a week, due to past ignorance & negligence
That's why you are starting your isolation from the Church ...you are doing well

Its more ignorant when you isolate yourself from Church yet attend parties
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
BluntBoy:

God does not live in houses made of stones. He lives in your heart.

The safest place you can ever be is in the presence of the Lord, and you can find the Lord even in your homes.

Perverted truth : iniquity.. Reason god doesn't hear some of us when we call

Tell us why then God gave us teachers, prophets, pastors, apostles, evangelist if we are all knowing and self sufficient in things of the kingdom
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by cooooooks(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2020
Lol

Eviana:
I went to church.
I think people need to be wise yet practical.
While people should be informed and cautious about any worldwide pestilence, all a professor of Christ "can" and "should" do is pray about the entire situation, be vigilante and consistent about being as clean (washing hands with soap thoroughly, using hand sanitizer, Clorox, Lysol or powerful chemicals that can kill germs etc.)as one can and continue living life.
Do not deliberately put vulnerable people (sickly elderly people--aged 65-70 and above- or immunocompromised people etc.) in situations where they can be more at risk (ex. large crowds etc.)
When one has done all one can do practically, then leave it in God's hands.
Being fearful or afraid to the point where one becomes irrational is unhealthy and destructive.
Unbridled fear can debilitate or paralyze a person...which is not good.

Christians should not be living that way...as if they do not have a Father in Heaven who still rules this entire planet and understand what is occurring.

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Horus(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
Large religious gatherings should be banned
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by colossus91(m): 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
why wasnt this posted on a friday too
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by ikorodureporta: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

You are not a Christian but a religious person. And it is so because you have been in the wrong company playing religion.

Would Jesus have been anywhere but in the sanctuary on the appointed day and time for worshipping God.

By the way, the problem starts for folks like you because you don't really have a personal understanding of the what it means to worship and to whom your worship goes to.

You don't know God and you don't understand what it means to worship but you are a very religious person.

Worship is a serious and big BUSINESS. the most profitable spiritual exercise available in any kingdom... Satan told Jesus Christ, just bow and worship and I will cheaply hand the kingdoms of this world to you... Just worship.

You lack books and parchment hence lacks understanding ... Only clothes for showing off on Sunday..... 2 Tim 4 v 13.... You can o ly understand by books.. Dan 9 v 2

All this one na story! cheesy you for go tell all the Romans wey shut down all their churches
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
blaise26abj:
My people perish for lack of knowledge . Yet , with knowledge Nigerians will still perish because they don’t apply what they know. People are just plain stupid and very crass for saying people who are not going to church have little/no faith. Why don’t you take your faith to sambisa and test it ther
Washing of hands/ use of sanitizers will be defeated when you are in an enclosed space with a covid-19 patient . God gave you brains for a reason . If we have a large number of corona cases in Nigeria , all these faith people will go and hide. Don’t blame those who choose to take precautions early .

Between a church and a taxi and buses which is more enclosed. The minister of health in Italy that died of the virus recently, did he contract from an enclosed environment.

Do you take better precautions than he did. The government official and big men contracting it around the world, was it because of there been in overcrowded environment that they contracted the virus.

You can be in you house forming I too know and still die of the virus by the hands of one of your siblings.

All your imaginary knowledge of the virus is third hand. Nothing you claim to know about the virus is primary to you so take several seat and drink water.

How are you sure that what you have been told not even what you know because you know nothing, is the actual ways and means of the virus.

Even your take your faith to sambisa forest exposed you as an ignoramus of what faith is
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Isoduwa(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
Even pope Francis enter house because life Nor get two. if Una like make Una dey form angel Mike Huckabee there

I dey my house

Remember corona virus don't have friend and family � nothing. if he kill no where to find am
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Dollabiz: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
No
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by blaise26abj(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Between a church and a taxi and buses which is more enclosed. The minister of health in Italy that died of the virus recently, did he contract from an enclosed environment.

Do you take better precautions than he did. The government official and big men contracting it around the world, was it because of there been in overcrowded environment that they contracted the virus.

You can be in you house forming I too know and still die of the virus by the hands of one of your siblings.

All your imaginary knowledge of the virus is third hand. Nothing you claim to know about the virus is primary to you so take several seat and drink water.

How are you sure that what you have been told not even what you know because you know nothing, is the actual ways and means of the virus.

Even your take your faith to sambisa forest exposed you as an ignoramus of what faith is

I deal with knowledge as it comes. If there is an update I upgrade my knowledge . Italy that told its citizens to avoid crowded places is not stupid. Football stadia closed and leagues suspended are for a reason .

from your statement, because you have faith , all the knowledge you have can go out the window? Faith is superior to knowledge in your ignorant mind right?

So if there is a possibility of a sibling infecting me in my house , I should start shaking people anyhow and not apply caution? The us senators that went into self quarantine were only present at an event where someone had corona and they took precautions even when they haven’t developed symptoms.

I still stand by my statement , go to sambisa with your faith without hearing from God and applying wisdom . With malaria, have faith for healing without taking drugs. Faith without work is dead. Work is applied knowledge . So faith without applied knowledge is dead .
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Chirowman(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
it's time everyone stays in his or her house to do the praises and praying.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
ikorodureporta:

All this one na story! cheesy you for go tell all the Romans wey shut down all their churches

You lack knowledge and regrettably you are posturing online as one online junk journalist. I don't need to go to the Romans....i won't go to where Jesus had been. I will go to where he is.

There is not a single roman that is superior to me in Christ. I am blood washed. Blood bought.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Bahamas95(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
IWTBAB:
Some people wey never enta church for years ,
apart from Every Dec 31st, go use Coronavirus as excuse of not going to church. lazy youths
So person wey nor dey go church like you don turn lazy youth shebi?
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
blaise26abj:

I deal with knowledge as it comes. If there is an update I upgrade my knowledge . Italy that told their citizens to avoid crowded places are not stupid. Football stadia closed and leagues suspended are not stupid .

from your statement, because you have faith , all the knowledge you have can go out the window? Faith is superior to knowledge in your ignorant mind right?

So if there is a possibility of a sibling infecting me in my house , I should start shaking people anyhow and no apply caution? The us senators that went into self quarantine were only present at an event where someone had corona and they took precautions even when they haven’t developed symptoms.

I still stand by my statement , go to sambisa with your faith without hearing from God and applying wisdom . With malaria, have faith for healing without taking drugs. Faith without work is dead. Work is applied knowledge . So faith without applied knowledge is dead .

You lack both knowledge and understanding of even the virus you are running commentary on.
Take your faith.... Mr faith is not human-generated... It is generated from the living word of God by God through the Holy Spirit in response to your thirst for the supernatural. Romans 10:17

To go to Sambisa, I need the Holy Spirit to generate the faith from the living word that will then be used to touch the anointing or power of God for divine protection or whatever he has instructed me to do there and return with the glory to him.... Hence you read that the kingdom... The power and the glory...are all his.

Between the church and the bus and Keke that you are sure going to be boarding even today where are you more prone to contact a virus. You board even more than taxi as a student. Has your school be closed and relocated online like Havard?

Between that your school environment and the church where are you more likely to catch the virus.

In your entire life, is it only during church service that you come into contact with large numbers of persons. Don't your mother trade in the market, wills he not go there tomorrow morning?

All your precautions are inferior because you have not stopped using public transportation neither have you done your own company as to remain indoors and let others do the runaround

Is it in the things of God that your knowledge comes alive.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
foleskay:

Keep basking in your miserable life. Fvking retard
Take look in the mirror you will see an ugly poor hungry ape . grin fool! you and your unexistence Jesus.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by darkdude(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
See this Corona virus advisory in sign language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b-dakpPcwY
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by BluntBoy(m): 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
femi4:
You are wrong
The purpose of the gathering is to
Encourage one another
Edify one another
Give/support one another
Minister to one another

You obviously read this in my post, so why write that I am wrong? Didn't you see encouragement in the very post that you quoted?

he Sunday service doesnt start and ends with Pastor preaching.

Areas where people minister to one another includes Sunday schools, prayer session, Choir ministration etc.

God work in diverse ways, that word you are looking for might be embedded in those sessions and not necessarily when the Pastor is preaching

Well, my brothers and sisters, let’s summarize. When you meet together, one will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speak in tongues, and another will interpret what is said. But everything that is done must strengthen all of you. (1 Corinthians 14:26)

That is a conversational gathering, an active Church.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by foleskay(m): 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
gypsey:
Take look in the mirror you will see an ugly poor hungry ape . grin fool! you and your unexistence Jesus.

Ode. Post your pics and let's see the breed of baboons you belong to? If its a Angolan brown or the Tasmania black. Oh I just found out you're a cunt head slammer terrorist. Son of the �
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by BluntBoy(m): 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Perverted truth : iniquity.. Reason god doesn't hear some of us when we call

Tell us why then God gave us teachers, prophets, pastors, apostles, evangelist if we are all knowing and self sufficient in things of the kingdom

Why did God give these people to the Church?

toward the perfecting of the saints for the work of ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12)

They were given to the Church to perfect it, make it self-sufficient for the work of ministry.

If you were a teacher, how would you feel if the student you teach refuse to become self-sufficient and independent of you? Won't you feel that you have failed in your responsibility as a teacher?

But, your pastors don't care? Who even called them in the first place?

The Bible said the foundation had already been laid by Christ Himself. There is the Bible which is readily available, and there is the Holy Spirit:

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him. (1 John 2:27)

What else do you need to become self-sufficient in such a straightforward gospel? You think you people were called to live all your whole life listening to people who claimed to have be called specially?

Everyone has been called. It is not out of place to take some lessons to prepare yourselves, but taking the same lessons over and over again shows a failure.

You don't need everlasting teachers who will teach you every Sunday and then blackmail you into parting with your money.

That is not the essence of a Church.
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by blaise26abj(m): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

You lack both knowledge and understanding of even the virus you are running commentary on.
Take your faith.... Mr faith is not human-generated... It is generated from the living word of God by God through the Holy Spirit in response to your thirst for the supernatural. Romans 10:17

To go to Sambisa, I need the Holy Spirit to generate the faith from the living word that will then be used to touch the anointing or power of God for divine protection or whatever he has instructed me to do there and return with the glory to him.... Hence you read that the kingdom... The power and the glory...are all his.

Between the church and the bus and Keke that you are sure going to be boarding even today where are you more prone to contact a virus. You board even more than taxi as a student. Has your school be closed and relocated online like Havard?

Between that your school environment and the church where are you more likely to catch the virus.

In your entire life, is it only during church service that you come into contact with large numbers of persons. Don't your mother trade in the market, wills he not go there tomorrow morning?

All your precautions are inferior because you have not stopped using public transportation neither have you done your own company as to remain indoors and let others do the runaround

Is it in the things of God that your knowledge comes alive.

I have heard you. I have a limit to arguments . Once I realize that I’m not getting any points from the opposing party I stop. Because at that juncture it stops being an constructive argument but a shouting match .

You are entitled to your opinion and it is your right . Have a blessed week
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by LordReed(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Yeah you have a living god but he talks to you by books. LMFAO!
Re: Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
I think churches should make hand sanitizers available to their members at the entrance of the premises

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus / Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What / Ten Types Of Prayer Warriors!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.