Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC (13047 Views)

Killer Herdsmen Unleash Terror On Oyo Communities / Tinubu Imposing A Candidate On Oyo People Is Better Than An Igbo Man ~ Ajimobi / Who Is Bayo Adelabu Penkelemesi? Biography, Age, Oyo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by afroniger: 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2020

Wale Oyewale, Ibadan

The All Progressives Congress in Oyo State has raised the alarm over the figures recently credited to Governor Seyi Makinde as a total monthly wage bill being paid to the state workforce.

The leading opposition political party in the state said the amount purportedly represent the state government’s monthly wage bill, and the staff population of N11bn and 115, 000 respectively, were bandied in attempts to cover up the brazen looting of the public treasury by the administration.

It was reported last week that the governor disclosed to participants at the Nigerian-American Business Forum in Tampa, Florida, United States that the state has 115,000 civil servants and a wage bill of N11bn per month, representing 1.4 percent of the state’s population.

In a statement in Ibadan by its Assistant Publicity Secretary, Prince Ayobami Adejumo, the Oyo APC lamented what it called apparent lack of direction.

According to the statement, the PDP-led government in the state has done more harm than good to the people of the state in the last nine months.

It stated, “We had waited patiently for Governor Makinde to make a U-turn and blame his handlers for an improper briefing on this particular matter like he has always been doing since his assumption of office last year May.

“But it is apparent that the governor was on a mission to sell a dummy to do a cover-up on the palpable diversion of monies from the state government coffers into some private accounts.

“He went as far as the United States to make a disclosure of 115, 000 workforce and N11bn wage bill which he claimed to have been paying since June 2019 even when he had never mentioned this to anyone at home.

“To set the record straight, the statistics obtainable as at May 2019 is as followed: Core civil servants -10,789; TESCOM staff (teaching/non-teaching) -17,615; local government staff -12, 264; SUBEB Staff -23, 352; parastatals -2,266; NYSC corps members serving in the state, -3,403; state government pensioners -16,539, and a total wage bill of N5.2bn, including payments to all political office holders and subventions to state-owned tertiary institutions.

“It is worthy of note that monthly payments to local government council staff (12, 264); public primary school employees (23, 352) and local government pensioners (8,805) are being made directly from federal allocations to the 33 Local Government Areas.

“When did the state government commence the payment of its compressed new minimum wage to workers in the state and, is this responsible for the over N5.8bn increase in wage bill?”

Attempts to get reactions from the state government as of the time of filing this report was abortive as calls made to some officials of the state were unsuccessful.

Messages sent to their telephone lines were also not replied.
https://punchng.com/makindes-claims-on-oyo-n11bn-wage-bill-false-oyo-apc/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by landmark86: 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
O.Y.O

On Your Own

3 Likes

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Citytrend: 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
Are they saying such a the the is so clean that such a thing cannot happen?
I wonder why all these men are still alive. Be it APC or PDP politicians

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Front0lane: 10:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
Audio
Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Iamgrey5(m): 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
Makide is looking more like a con artist tbh

He has done absolutely nothing in Oyo state

He borrowed 10bn Naira for nothing.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by merit455(m): 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Makide is looking more like a con artist tbh

He has done absolutely nothing in Oyo state

He borrowed 10bn Naira for nothing.
What did your god Buhari did

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Iamgrey5(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
merit455:
What did has your god Buhari did done
Buhari is not my god because I am from Oyo state not Northern Nigeria.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by ursullalinda(f): 5:11am On Mar 15, 2020
I thought they said he is working.....some states can be unlucky with leaders.....irrespective of the party.

10 Likes

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Onlinealaba(m): 5:12am On Mar 15, 2020
I heard Makinde has a very strong media team and he his probably an audio governor, well that's wat I heard
we sell Smart TVs and sound bar

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 15, 2020
The news does not add up, seems more like propaganda..

Why would he claim N11bn on just salaries monthly when his total monthly allocation is between 4 and 6bn, which is public knowledge

Definitely propaganda..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Lexusgs430: 5:14am On Mar 15, 2020
Whilst Ajimobi was looting, they kept mute...... APC, should remain mute........... cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Kcitytv: 5:14am On Mar 15, 2020
Normal

2 Likes

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:14am On Mar 15, 2020
I knew this Makinde was a bigger thief in the making.

Just like Ihedioha,. They tend to pretend like the good guy but they are worst than the devil himself.

Ekiti people could attest after Fayose dealt with them.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by BizBayo: 5:14am On Mar 15, 2020
Cool!
Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by darthv: 5:18am On Mar 15, 2020
.ITT
Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by dadebayo1(m): 5:18am On Mar 15, 2020
Patiently wait for comments from the aides of the Governor grin keep calm men at work. Over to ADISA grin

2 Likes

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Alamu1111: 5:20am On Mar 15, 2020
Na una wahala be that anything about politics in this country is fake abeg make una no listen to them o

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by saheedbadmus(m): 5:30am On Mar 15, 2020
Politicians and propaganda na 5&6

1 Like

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by free2ryhme: 5:31am On Mar 15, 2020
Egungun be careful oooo

1 Like

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Cauhlins(m): 5:37am On Mar 15, 2020
Thought people said Makinde is working. Who's lying now?

Wonders shall never end. �

3 Likes

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by mikolo80: 5:38am On Mar 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Whilst Ajimobi was looting, they kept mute...... APC, should remain mute........... cheesy
that's is pdp stupidity. Apc is not foolish like them

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 15, 2020
No any condition is permanent it's just matter of time evrythin will return back to normal for me soon, and I don't pray for anyone of u to ever find urself to be in this kind of an helpless & hopeless situation I currently find myself in now ever in your entire lifetime big amen to that
Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by arsenal33: 5:48am On Mar 15, 2020
merit455:
What did your god Buhari did
did?

8 Likes

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by Flier: 5:56am On Mar 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Ajimobi didn’t loot,he was the best governor to ever ruled Oyo state.He totally transformed Oyo state and that is something Makinde is enjoying at the moment because Makinde is not doing anything but just paying salary
Oyo only Voted APC out because Ajimobi was too rude and have no respect for anyone
I don’t believe he claimed he is using 11 billion to pay workers but if he does,It means Oyo state is in wrong hand

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by seunlayi(m): 6:02am On Mar 15, 2020
Apc should leave Oyo govt alone after looting for 8yrs

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by seunlayi(m): 6:03am On Mar 15, 2020
Flier:
Ajimobi didn’t loot,he was the best governor to ever ruled Oyo state.He totally transformed Oyo state and that is something Makinde is enjoying at the moment because Makinde is not doing anything but just paying salary
Oyo only Voted APC out because Ajimobi was too rude and have no respect for anyone
I don’t believe he claimed he is using 11 billion to pay workers but if he does,It means Oyo state is in wrong hand

Wasted 8years on that sit.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by seunlayi(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2020
mikolo80:

Stop mentioning Apc with oyo state. They are gone for good

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by seunlayi(m): 6:11am On Mar 15, 2020
mikolo80:
while Apc is dead and buried on oyo state.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by ThatFairGuy: 6:13am On Mar 15, 2020
Overhyped governor with NOTHING to show as achievement aside leather shade for motorcyclist. Audio governor

15 Likes

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by ThatFairGuy: 6:14am On Mar 15, 2020
Birds of a feather. Always spewing rubbish... Tell one project makinde has done since assumption of office. Tell me
[s]
seunlayi:
Apc should leave Oyo govt alone after looting for 8yrs
[/s]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC by ThatFairGuy: 6:17am On Mar 15, 2020
He's just being hyped. He hasn't done anything since he assumed office.
Cauhlins:
Thought people said Makinde is working. Who's lying now?

Wonders shall never end. �

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Buhari Should Support Jonathan’s Candidacy (Open Letter) / Edo: Charges Brought By Assembly Members Against Deputy Governor, Shaibu / We Paid N250,000 Each For Government Jobs – Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.