Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? (83403 Views)

See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About / Udom Inspects Work At International Worship Centre, Uyo (Photos) / Update On Ibom International Worship Centre.... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
rottennaija:

Have you seen schools in Akwa Ibom? Primary?Secondary? Why not spend such amount in building quality schools that will guarantee the future of the state?

Am not arguing with you am saying everything is not total useless as ppl says..
But i thought under Akpabio admin schools were built, renovate etc, the way you sound shows he didn't do well compare to the hype...
Assuming a gospel artists desire to use the place for his event, people that will be coming to the state to attend the show will patronize the restaurant, hotel and local business etc within the state and thats income coming in.. This is not a church that we say its built for a particular congregation so lets not make it as a waste
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by mastermaestro(m): 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
Excellent project. JESUS must be spread everywhere! It is an honour to build GOD'S house. State resources? King Solomon built a house for GOD using state resources. GOD is the LORD Owner of the state and its resources.
Cry and kill yourself, GOD owes you no apology. We will plant churches everywhere. Go to Mars if you can't cope! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by wiseone28: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
worst gov in aks since 1999

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
Blue3k:

He probably doesn't send his own kids to public school. Its funny how religiosity blinds some people. Who cares about other services like schools, water, fire department etc.

Speak for yourself dude. There's plenty of other projects to tackle like increasing water utilities but you're not concerned with development.

Well stated and am not defending him or argueing with you but am saying we can't satisfied everyone..
How does those water utilities run without steady power supply? how will school be without maintenance, and one funny aspect is that most school were renovated, the library stock, books given and yet people destroy it, stole the books because its government..
No matter who will come to do that will still be criticize.
You mention fire department and let me tell, the whole country is faulty in that aspect.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Litmus: 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by eagleu: 9:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Blue3k:
Is This Akwa Ibom's Biggest White Elephant Project?

Akwa Ibom is going to spend 5 billion naira on a 8,500 seat church. Do you plan on sowing your seed at the state church? What should the state be spending the money on instead?

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/ebudget2019/eBudget/mobile/025300100100CH.html

I hear you rabid religious and tribal bigot!

Maybe, they should have simply built a mosque?
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Gabflex: 9:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
wetin dey pain me pass na as church plenty reach, witches and wizards still get 80% of the land
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
-
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
voltron14:

In his book Mein Kampf and in public speeches prior to and in the early years of his rule, Hitler expressed himself as a Christian.[6][7][8] Hitler and the Nazi party promoted "Positive Christianity",[9] a movement which rejected most traditional Christian doctrines such as the divinity of Jesus, as well as Jewish elements such as the Old Testament.[10][11] In one widely quoted remark, he described Jesus as an "Aryan fighter" who struggled against "the power and pretensions of the corrupt Pharisees"[12] and Jewish materialism

Ernst Bergmann (1881–1945), German philosopher who in his work, Die 25 Thesen der Deutschreligion (Twenty-five Points of the German Religion), held that the Old Testament and portions of the New Testament of the Bible were inaccurate. He claimed that Jesus was not a Jew and of Aryan origin, and that Adolf Hitler was the new messiah.[14]

If you typed this from your brain, you have my respect... If na Google,..... undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by danilmo: 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
Blue3k:

An athiest would still waste public funds on something dumb.

Lol there's links and screenshots in front of tour face. You're a confirmed zombie if you refuse call it out now.

Lol they've already taxed them to build the venue. It's going to be completed regardless.

Something dumb like
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by IprintMONEY: 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
nice scam
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by TheMostComplex1: 9:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
This's madness. This Udom is mad
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by unmask: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tallesty1:
No difference. US president is a Christian and he's not doing any of this nonsense.

Religion is not the problem of blacks, it is something else, something that I don't know yet.
No need to defend it..... It is greed and selfishness, while religion is the tool

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by maasoap(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
I dont believe a state government will be this callous....

Nobody is this daft....
Fake news alert

If it is Akwa Ibom state, you had better believe it. They have so much money that they don't even know what to spend it on. How much billions did their football stadium and international hospital cost again? The state is synonymous with wasteful spending. Useless stadium cost 16 billion naira when naira had value (96 million dollars). The failed "world class hospital" cost 41 billion naira too

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Blue3k(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
godbless120:

Well stated and am not defending him or argueing with you but am saying we can't satisfied everyone..
How does those water utilities run without steady power supply? how will school be without maintenance, and one funny aspect is that most school were renovated, the library stock, books given and yet people destroy it, stole the books because its government..
You mention fire department and let me tell, the whole country is faulty in that aspect.

It run without power temporarily if you build water towers regulate the pressure and the water is cleaned chemically. The state also has a power plant and would use standby generators. The water doesn't stop because power goes out. Have you been outside the Nigeria?

Seriously how does all the other infrastructure like the airport work in your mind? Dont be an excuse monger the state has an opportunity to be better. Playing what about game means your standards will stay low. I doubt you even let your kids play this game with you.

Watch these youtube video on how public water systems work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZwfcMSDBHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvPakzqM3h8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9lUQZw7C8E

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by maasoap(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
eagleu:

I hear you rabid religious and tribal bigot!

Maybe, they should have simply built a mosque?

Lol. Citizens indeed deserve the kind of leaders they got.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by chigoizie7(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
The site is really Good. The structure is fine too, the environment too.

But church? No,

They should have called it something else.

I guess, they decided to build a church , because, church is the only entity that can maintain such environment and structures.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by maasoap(m): 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
godbless120:

If this amount is channelled to support all the existing projects you mentioned above in name of renovation, monitoring and supervision, it will still be a money well spent. Water utilities is not entirely useless without steady power supply now, pump water for people with the unsteady power supply we have. It's better than not having anything to pump at all.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by saajus: 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
You are part of the problem. God is not living inside buildings. In the Old Testament, Temple is very important but it is irrelevant in the New Testament (Covenant).
mastermaestro:
Excellent project. JESUS must be spread everywhere! It is an honour to build GOD'S house. State resources? King Solomon built a house for GOD using state resources. GOD is the LORD Owner of the state and its resources.
Cry and kill yourself, GOD owes you no apology. We will plant churches everywhere. Go to Mars if you can't cope! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Ezmans: 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Imagine how and where Nigeria would be if it is govern by atheists
atheist are better than Nigerian christiandom bcs they I'll tell you truth
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Lawmak: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

Christianity is what brought civilisation to the world and not atheists.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by learner007(m): 10:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

If religion was the problem, the UAE would be crippled already. It's a racial thing. The black race is cursed.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by rottennaija(m): 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
godbless120:

Am not arguing with you am saying everything is not total useless as ppl says..
But i thought under Akpabio admin schools were built, renovate etc, the way you sound shows he didn't do well compare to the hype...
Assuming a gospel artists desire to use the place for his event, people that will be coming to the state to attend the show will patronize the restaurant, hotel and local business etc within the state and thats income coming in.. This is not a church that we say its built for a particular congregation so lets not make it as a waste

Renovated schools? Yes? What sort of renovation? Can their children attend such schools? No. Schools in Akwa Ibom are total crap, building classroom blocks and calling it investment in education is nonsense.

There is education tourism. Give these students the best learning environment and watch as your state excels not building classroom blocks and call it building schools. Come to think of it, why do people that have a little money rush their children to private schools? The State govt is doing nonsense concerning education. Akpabio didn't try and Udom is not.

Speaking of this elephant projects, how self sustaining is this project without govt allocating funds for it yearly? Gospel artist can use the place, but it only happens ones in a while, besides, they will factor it the cost of renting the place and what they are getting from the show and it's profitable or not.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by mastermaestro(m): 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
saajus:
You are part of the problem. God is not living inside buildings. In the Old Testament, Temple is very important but it is irrelevant in the New Testament (Covenant).

Let's shut down Abuja-Okene express road for church service. Use your brain, please.
Dull people annoy me! I don't know where you guys got this nonsense notion from, and what you understand by it. Too many shallow brains are running with it blindly.
I can't argue because I will be pissed off when you spew more rubbish.
Anyway we will keep building churches. You can pack your bags and head to space. You will be fine there. No church will disturb your 'sanity'.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Corruption exists when people in charge of power lack ideas and policies on issues affecting the masses.

This project is another way to siphon the state funds into personal pockets.

What the project simply means:
Masses: Govt, we don't have water.

Govt.: Go to church (the worship center we built) and ask 'god' for water.

Masses: Govt. No power to drive our businesses.

Govt.: Take it to God in prayer.

No right thinking person should praise this government. But again, they were voted by the people.

We are truly a function of the government we have

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by eldeens: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
Blue3k:
Lol Akwa Ibom states religious zealotry is comparable to the jigawa. They're one few states who are willing spend state funds build a religious center. Akwa Ibom could have used that money to improve the water supply to homes but that's not a priority. Why provide a real service to the commuity.

Compare how much they're spending on a church to the water supply. They're cutting the Akwa Ibom state water company's budget. Its the same story with rural water budget. Dont worry they're ready to collect your tithes and offering very soon.

And we have mosques and churches more than available, one can even decide to pray at home. Naija why

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Ezmans: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
Isinweke:
Madness
a state that can't boast of a hospital in all there local governments, pls who did this to us?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Ezmans: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
Konektinfo:
Corruption exists when people in charge of power lack ideas and policies on issues affecting the masses.

This project is another way to siphon the state funds into personal pockets.

What the project simply means:
Masses: Govt, we don't have water.

Govt.: Go to church (the worship center we built) and ask 'god' for water.

Masses: Govt. No power to drive our businesses.

Govt.: Take it to God in prayer.

No right thinking person should praise this government. But again, they were voted by the people.

We are truly a function of the government we have
last tenure bullion van is loading

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Ezmans: 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
eldeens:

And we have mosques and churches more than available, one can even decide to pray at home. Naija why
Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Iceland all these countries don't have international worship center but are least corroupt nations in the world.religoius countries are worst countries in the world

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Gerrard59(m): 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
Blue3k:
Is This Akwa Ibom's Biggest White Elephant Project?

Akwa Ibom is going to spend 5 billion naira on a 8,500 seat church. Do you plan on sowing your seed at the state church? What should the state be spending the money on instead?

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/ebudget2019/eBudget/mobile/025300100100CH.html

So it's now 5BN, I thought it was 9BN? grin

Well, I asked someone who works for the government who said the government wasn't the lead contributor rather various churches in the state are amongst the lead contributors. Now, I see something different?! At this stage of my life, nothing done by a Nigerian government surprises me anymore and I'm largely unfazed by their actions. I only thought that Udom would be different considering his profile but here we are.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by incogni2o: 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

Tell me where it's gonna be .

It'll be soo foolish of you to think naija will be better than this.

Remember the soviet union.

Atheists always think they can think for you. So basic freedom will be gone.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tallesty1:
No difference. US president is a Christian and he's not doing any of this nonsense.

Religion is not the problem of blacks, it is something else, something that I don't know yet.

And is everybody happy with Trump leadership and decision?
Go and research how many worship centres are in america and its ownership,
Even jerusalem, mecca, rome etc are religious cities. Even God if existed can't please the world.
Tell me the best government in the world that doesn't have its shorts coming..
Obama destroy health system and create obama care and it was criticize, Trump critize obama care and propose new one and american kick against it. So can people be totally satisfied?
We just have to look at the positive because everything has negativity in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.