Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) (62046 Views)

I Faked My Kidnap Because My Mother Is Stingy - Abia SS3 Student [VIDEO] / OAU Lecturer Found Dead In His Office (photo) / Father Assaults His Daughter For Refusing To Have Sex With Him In Delta. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by aminulive: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2020
A lecturer of Obafemi Awolowo University was caught on camera assaulting a student after a brief disagreement.

It was a cool and breezy morning on Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, campus, on March 6th, one of those days that students visit the Automobile Teller Machine (ATM) for a cash withdrawal before going for classes.

While it was a nice outing for many, it was otherwise for Adeleye Dolapo, a final year student of the department of English who was openly assaulted by one of the institution’s lecturers.

The student was on a queue trying to make a withdrawal from the UBA ATM at White House, Faculty of Science around 11 am when a lecturer of Atmospheric Physics, A. I. Ajao pounced on him.

POLITICS NIGERIA gathered that the queue at the ATM was long and students had to take the pain of lining up on the road. Trouble started when Mr Ajao who was driving by, suddenly challenged the students for obstructing vehicular movement.

Dolapo, who was on the queue proceeded to explain the situation of things to the lecturer. A visibly incensed Mr Ajao alighted from his car and charged at the student.

Speaking on the incident, Dolapo said; “We had an encounter when he asked every student to leave the road. He came down from his car to threaten me but I never took him seriously because no one bullies another on OAU campus”.

“In the blink of an eye, he already hit me. My phone fell and blood came out of my nose”, the attacked student said.

Uproar

Following Mr Ajao’s actions, Dolapo called on other students to express his displeasure over the incident.

Not pleased with all that played out, the students stormed the embattled lecturer’s office to question him and asked for his side of the story. In his office, Mr Ajao made a confession that he truly assaulted the student. He, however, said this act was done out of ‘annoyance’.

“I did not just slap him because I wanted to slap him. I slapped him when he was becoming rude to me. He was closed to me with pride, raising his voice at me and then I slapped him out of annoyance,” he said.

POLITICS NIGERIA is in possession of a video of his confession.

Kazeem Olalekan, a student leader who was there to moderate the matter alongside other colleagues, expressed shock and disappointment at the lecturer’s actions.

“You have done what OAU students and management do not condone and as such you will be brought to book”, the student said.

Intervention

Following the uproar, Mr Ajao called the university security accusing the students of disrespecting “constituted authority”. When the school security officials arrived, they listened to the matter and agreed that the lecturer was guilty of assault. He was thereafter, arrested and made to write a statement at the security unit.

When contacted, the chief security officer of the school, Babatunde Oyatokun told POLITICS NIGERIA that the security had informed university management about the issue.

“The university is aware of the conduct of the lecturer. We will file our report and we can assure you that proper action would be taken”.

When asked if the lecturer would be punished or not, Mr Oyatokun simply said: “nobody is above the law”.
Watch the Videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3S0aY9_aYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--hySnrL_WA

Source: https://politicsnigeria.com/nigerian-university-lecturer-caught-on-tape-assaulting-student/

1 Share

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Witcher(f): 10:41am On Mar 15, 2020
Power of unity
Following the uproar, Mr Ajao called the university security accusing the students of disrespecting “constituted authority”. When the school security officials arrived, they listened to the matter and agreed that the lecturer was guilty of assault. He was thereafter, arrested and made to write a statement at the security unit.

When contacted, the chief security officer of the school, Babatunde Oyatokun told POLITICS NIGERIA that the security had informed university management about the issue

The long-term physical effects of uncontrolled anger include increased anxiety, high blood pressure and headache. Anger can be a positive and useful emotion, if it is expressed appropriately. Long-term strategies for anger management include regular exercise, learning relaxation techniques and counselling.Jan 31, 2014
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au › ...
Anger - how it affects people - Better Health Channel.
Lemme borrow that slangs
His villages kids right now

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Or11: 10:47am On Mar 15, 2020
The silly woman cannot even do a simple job to keep the phone still while recording.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by LoveFayfay(f): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2020
wow, so something like this can happen in Nigeria. It's high time we knew that nobody is above the law.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 15, 2020
You have no right as a lecturer to physically assault a student. If you have the right people behind u you'll only get a light slap on the back...

9 Likes

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Dididrumz(m): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
"Power", they say intoxicates.

3 Likes

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Mateen1000: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
The werey man dey do like Mike tyson undecided

As if the Student no go beat him hands down If dey leave dem, They suppose leave them sef lipsrsealed One on One is allowed nah since na man to man.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by nairafamedotcom: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
grin
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
Instead of the student to drop better blow for him head make he go relax for coma small

Give a man power/money and see his true colours

7 Likes

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by BruncleZuma: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by LosC: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
Take him to Italy
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by WandaNara: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
Very ugly shameless modafVka
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Slawormir: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad

2 Likes

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by tophumble(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
OAU lecturers and sex scandal be like bread and butter.

Se afise ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Student125(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
shocked
Sorry I can't differentiate the lecturer from the student

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by stevenson007: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
If na me, I go first allow camera capture us when em dey beat me.

Then I go come beat craze commot for him head and leave the rest for the university authorities.

2 Likes

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by IlovePMB: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
The student was on a queue trying to make a withdrawal from the UBA ATM at White House, Faculty of Science around 11 am when a lecturer of Atmospheric Physics, A. I. Ajao pounced on him.

That is Atmospheric pressure in action.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
How the mighty have fallen. A whole OAU.

Frustration everywhere.

I sense that the student was unruly and ill behaved. Too many disrespectful youth today.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by MrImole: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Wow
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by free2ryhme: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Isoduwa(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Where we dey go i Nor know
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by yomalex(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Hmm
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Chrisrare: 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
His rude manner of approach must have angered the lecturer.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by samonak(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Them tie the guy hand ne? Omo if na me you slap I go whuz u my own back. I hate nonsense.

1 Like

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by MorataFC: 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
grin
Or11:
The silly woman cannot even do a simple job to keep the phone still while recording.
grin

1 Like

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Auntyshile38:
And all these people vwill be forming holier than thou
u preeti cha. grin
Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by SolarKing1: 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Chrisrare:
His rude manner of approach must have angered the lecturer.
Exactly my thought too.
To all readers, get this endless enjoyment in your Home. You will test it free for 2 days first, get our Lithium Device that powers your Home 24hours daily.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
She keeps shouting CAN YOU SEE CAN YOU SEE
can some body tell her we cannot see.
But wait o,this woman get problem she said they should leave him when some1 wanted to separate the fight,then later on she is the one saying what's wrong with this man

3 Likes

Re: A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) by iammo(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
undecided

what are Federal and State lecturers even feeling like sef, this same mumu lecturers would lecture in Private Unoversities with topmost professionalism and friendliness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Maids In Kuwait Cry, Beg To Be Deported(pics/video) / Photos Of Man Set Ablaze By 18-year-old Lover In Makurdi (disturbing) / Cultists Behead Two Men In Ubima, Amaechi's Town In Rivers. Disturbing Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.