Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Nissan X Trail. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan X Trail. (4660 Views)

2012-nissan-x TRAIL-#I Million Ikeja Lagos 09096995102 / Nissan X-trail SUV With Plastic-like Fender / Toyota RAV4 VS Nissan X-trail: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Hi house, please I need your advice.
I currently use a Honda accord 2007. I need a SUV now so am thinking about buying a Nissan X trail. What are the pros and cons of the car. Am buying the xtrail because it's cheap considering other options.
I noticed that people using the xtrail don't use ac, is the AC problematic? Thank you
Re: Nissan X Trail. by TPound(m): 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2020
gloryon:
I currently use a Honda accord 2007. I need a SUV now so am thinking about buying a Nissan X trail. What are the pros and cons of the car. Am buying the xtrail because it's cheap considering other options.
I noticed that people using the xtrail don't use ac, is the AC problematic? Thank you

That SUV rocks!!!
I had 4 for sale...3 was bought in 9 days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tpound, please what makes the SUV rock? Please house I need your expert opinions. Heavenlybang, nurey,gazzuzz,valarinz etc please your attention are needed here.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by nurey(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
gloryon:

By it very good vehicle.

Concerning the AC stuff probably you should ask the vehicle owners about that never noticed it
Re: Nissan X Trail. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
gloryon:
Tpound, please what makes the SUV rock? Please house I need your expert opinions. Heavenlybang, nurey,gazzuzz,valarinz etc please your attention are needed here.

[s]annoying box with a CVT transmission that fails prematurely [/s]

Nice vehicle
Re: Nissan X Trail. by TPound(m): 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Nice vehicle

Gazzuzz on a Nissan thread?

2020 is indeed going to be a very interesting year

1 Like

Re: Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Nice vehicle
. Please what can I do to stop the CVT transmission from failing ? Is it about the oil to be used for service??
Re: Nissan X Trail. by nurey(m): 4:49am On Mar 16, 2020
gloryon:
. Please what can I do to stop the CVT transmission from failing ? Is it about the oil to be used for service??

Second generation 07 to q 13 from Malaysia and China were fitted with CVT, other continent used automatic UK, Japan etc.

Goodluck getting the 07 upward because the thing scarce since it wasn't sold in NA

1 Like

Re: Nissan X Trail. by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 16, 2020
nurey:

Second generation 07 to q 13 from Malaysia and China were fitted with CVT, other continent used automatic UK, Japan etc.
The distinction is not in the region but in the model. The first gen is code-named T30 fitted with conventional auto transmission. The model years run from 2001 to 2013. The second gen is T31 with CVT. It runs from 2007 to 2014.

4 Likes

Re: Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
Costee:

The distinction is not in the region but in the model. The first gen is code-named T30 fitted with conventional auto transmission. The model years run from 2001 to 2013. The second gen is T31 with CVT. It runs from 2007 to 2014.
this is a little confusing especially the year . You mean I can buy a 2007 model which can be t30 or t31?
Re: Nissan X Trail. by nurey(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
gloryon:
this is a little confusing especially the year . You mean I can buy a 2007 model which can be t30 or t31?

Probably yes because in Asian markets some models run to that length like china and Malaysia but not for North America which is where we majorly import used cars from
Re: Nissan X Trail. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2020
gloryon:
You mean I can buy a 2007 model which can be t30 or t31?
Yes.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
nurey:

Probably yes because in Asian markets some models run to that length like china and Malaysia but not for North America which is where we majorly import used cars from
The T30 North America X-Trail came solely from Canada, and just for two model years, 2005 and 2006.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by mejai(m): 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
Good ride I guess. My bro uses one. Bought brand new (08 model). Car still dey japa till2moro.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan X Trail. by 2felix(m): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2020
mejai:
Good ride I guess. My bro uses one. Bought brand new (08 model). Car still dey japa till2moro.

Is ur Bros own a CVT or manual transmission?
Re: Nissan X Trail. by dicksonadams(m): 11:30am On Mar 19, 2020
Cvt transmission.... Vuummmmm
Re: Nissan X Trail. by mejai(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2020
2felix:

Is ur Bros own a CVT or manual transmission?
CVT. Even his Nissan teana... CVT too.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
mejai:
please what type of oil is he using to service both cars.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by Jcael(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
Op, have u gotten the xtrail?
Re: Nissan X Trail. by 2felix(m): 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
mejai:

Is it advisable to buy Nigerian used Nissan-X-Trail with CVT?
If the cvt fails what is the cost of replacement?

I have seen very clean X-Trail Nigerian used advertised. My only fear is cost of maintaining the cvt or even replacement
Re: Nissan X Trail. by 2felix(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2020
Re: Nissan X Trail. by 2felix(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Nice vehicle

I have seen very clean X-Trail Nigerian used advertised. My only fear is cost of maintaining the cvt or even replacement
Re: Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
Jcael:
Op, have u gotten the xtrail?
No. still being sourced.

1 Like

Re: Nissan X Trail. by mejai(m): 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
gloryon:
I don't know o. Just that he does his servicing at Nissan office. That's where he bought them.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by mejai(m): 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
2felix:

Honestly, bro, I am not into auto work. But knowing Nigerians maintenance culture with respect to our kazeem, CVT might be a risky adventure. Talking about naija used. It is impossible for a Nigerian to tell you the complete problem a car has.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by Jcael(m): 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
gloryon:
No. still being sourced.

Alright. Congrats in adv.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Nice vehicle
gazzuzz ,please can you help with the oil to be used for servicing and other day to day maintenance to be carried out on the car?
Re: Nissan X Trail. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
gloryon:
gazzuzz ,please can you help with the oil to be used for servicing and other day to day maintenance to be carried out on the car?

cc Gazzuzzlogistic
Re: Nissan X Trail. by Crixie(m): 5:24am On Mar 20, 2020
gloryon:
Recommended CVT for/by nissan.

1 Like

Re: Nissan X Trail. by gloryon(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2020
Hey house,as have said earlier, this is the car on Canadian soil. It's on its way. Please kindly recommend the correct fluid to be used for servicing. Want to get it ready.cc costee ,nurey, gazzuzz. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan X Trail. by nurey(m): 7:32pm On May 03, 2020
gloryon:
Hey house,as have said earlier, this is the car on Canadian soil. It's on its way. Please kindly recommend the correct fluid to be used for servicing. Want to get it ready.cc costee ,nurey, gazzuzz. Thanks
Nissan matic D should do if it is automatic while NS2 for CVT.
Engine oil weight is 5w30.
Re: Nissan X Trail. by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 03, 2020
This is T30, and if it's from Canada then it's either a 2005 or 2006. For the transmission, Nissan Matic D or any good Dexron III fluid should do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enviroshade / Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD / Maximum Age For Cars Imported Into Nigeria Via Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.