Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Tips On Gaining Weight - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips On Gaining Weight (12913 Views)

Hi Help Needed For Gaining Weight / Pls Give Me Tips On Gaining Weight. / Gaining Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2010
segzi cres:

‎​ 've tried everything, the onlt thing that has worked for me is working out.
gbam! Fini
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 27, 2010
pareto:

alomo
shepe
paraga
ogogoro and aligator pepper
drink a big bottle every morining and before bed.

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

something like this abi ?

Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 27, 2010
johnson11:

I wish i were you, i will be so happy, i have some weight and i am looking for a way to reduce it now , can anyone tell me how to reduce some weight off my body, please?

My brother. . . .how much is "some" weight? Post some pixs
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by TippyTop(m): 1:01am On Dec 27, 2010
After putting on the weight you may be here asking how to take it off.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by swing4real(m): 2:16am On Dec 27, 2010
Funny world we live in.One man meat is another man's poison indeed.Most people here would do anything to lose weight while some people wanna gain weight. This is good.Gaining weight is as easy as ABC than losing it.All you need to do if you wanna gain some weight is to eat food full of calories at late hours then sleep off right away. I will assure you will gain weight within a week.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by oyinda3(f): 3:23am On Dec 27, 2010
try eating a good breakfast every morning when you wake up. Eat breakfast everyday. This helps to keep your appetite up throughout the day.

swing4real:

Funny world we live in.One man meat is another man's poison indeed.Most people here would do anything to lose weight while some people wanna gain weight. This is good.Gaining weight is as easy as ABC than losing it.All you need to do if you wanna gain some weight is to eat food full of calories at late hours then sleep off right away. I will assure you will gain weight within a week.

people are different. some find it difficult to gain weight. overeating and late night eating will make you sick and extremely uncomfortable if you don't have a strong digestive system. skinny ppl probably tend to have weaker digestive system which is why they find it hard to gain weight.

maybe the solution will be trying to strengthen the digestive system.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by dtwsola(m): 5:04am On Dec 27, 2010
^What are you talking? If anything, skinny people probably have stronger (more active) digestive systems. The reason they are skinny is because their body metabolizes food a lot quicker than norm. So even if they overeat, the weight gain is only marginal. @OP, I used to be very skinny (5'10, 130lbs(59kg)), now I'm 145 (66kg) (I'm still kinda skinny, but more muscular). My advice is to eat plenty of lean protein (Chicken, breast, beef, and fish), and do some heavy lifting (join a gym, or get some dumbbells). You will gain weight if you eat fats and carbs, but all that weight will be fat, and you won't like the results. High protein diet combined with weight training will get you looking cut, and the ladies will be lusting after you. Avoid fats and carbs. Gain muscle, don't gain fat.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by dtwsola(m): 5:11am On Dec 27, 2010
Seun, these your censors are out of control. So one can't type chicken b.reast again. Which one is chicken bosom? Nawa O.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by oyinda3(f): 6:50am On Dec 27, 2010
dtw_sola:

^What are you talking? If anything, skinny people probably have stronger (more active) digestive systems. The reason they are skinny is because their body metabolizes food a lot quicker than norm. So even if they overeat, the weight gain is only marginal. @OP, I used to be very skinny (5'10, 130lbs(59kg)), now I'm 145 (66kg) (I'm still kinda skinny, but more muscular). My advice is to eat plenty of lean protein (Chicken, bosom, beef, and fish), and do some heavy lifting (join a gym, or get some dumbbells). You will gain weight if you eat fats and carbs, but all that weight will be fat, and you won't like the results. High protein diet combined with weight training will get you looking cut, and the ladies will be lusting after you. Avoid fats and carbs. Gain muscle, don't gain fat.

I see your point.
digestion and metabolism are two different things though.

for fast metabolism, the solution is to eat more and exercise less. ---> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-561826.0.html
for poor digestion, it's a whole lot more complex and may even require a trip to the doctor. issues include malabsorption, indigestion, diarrhea etc.

what do u think of somatotyping? it has been called pseudoscience but sometimes I think there is some truth to it. the idea of the body having certain strengths ex. digestive - endomorph, nervous -ectomorph, phsyical - mesomorph.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by NnamdiN: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2010
Dimka 76:

Drink wate-on . It works wonders.
what is wate-on? and where can I get it?? Lemme know ASAP, b4 I present my next "school items list".
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by isalegan2: 3:42am On Dec 28, 2010
socool:

friends, ive tried all. e b like say i no follow 4 people way surpose gain weight.
although d nature of my work keeps me traveling and on the road. rest is one thing i dont really enjoy but 4 good food,
i done eat, drink supliments but yet, no way.
i'm always looking stressed and vainny.
anyway sha, i go still dey try.

Listen and listen good. This is foolproof.

Where are you? Nigeria? Europe? USA?

Wherever you are, if you can get your hands on those frozen pot pies that you microwave for about 8 mins. . . you will pack on the weight. One a day. Chicken or turkey pot pie, 600 or 1200 calories each, depending on the size. Better than ice cream. You won't even remember you're on a project. Tastes so good.

Happy eating and gaining! wink
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by isalegan2: 3:50am On Dec 28, 2010
NnamdiN:

what is wate-on? and where can I get it?? Lemme know ASAP, b4 I present my next "school items list".

Wate-On was a product that used to be advertised a lot when I was growing up in Nigeria. No idea if it still gets the publicity. My skinny aunt drank lots of it, but never gained a lick until years later when she started having kids.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by NumberOne2(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2010
Had that problem once, its easy but it'll cost you a bit. Avoid pills and just take natural stuff with fat and cholesterol (mind you, its not good for your health). E.G eggs. FRY not boil 5 eggs a day with bread for 90 days, drink malt often (don't mix them). Stay indoors and eat normally food rations no need to over feed, you'll just increase your stomach. Hope you come back to thank me.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by vescucci(m): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2010
Wow, you need tips on gaining weight? undecided

KFC anybody?
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by isalegan2: 3:04am On Dec 30, 2010
Number_One:

Had that problem once, its easy but it'll cost you a bit. Avoid pills and just take natural stuff with fat and cholesterol (mind you, its not good for your health). E.G eggs. FRY not boil 5 eggs a day with bread for 90 days, drink malt often (don't mix them). Stay indoors and eat normally food rations no need to over feed, you'll just increase your stomach. Hope you come back to thank me.

Oh My Land! 5 eggs! A day! Fried! For 90 days! Stay indoors too? Surely you jest. I would recommend that to someone if I had life insurance on them and was about to go to debtors' prison. But carry on. cheesy
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by patrick45(m): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2010
@poster. You need to take protein products that would give u lean muscles. And for the advice you have been given on lifting weights, if you lift weights in excess your body looses glutamine, which is a non-essential amino acid that helps in muscle building and muscle protection. You will need to take glutamine supplements to help maintain the required body levels of glutamine. You might also consider whey protein powders. These will help u pack on lean muscle without fats.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by oyinda3(f): 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2011
isale_gan2:

Oh My Land! 5 eggs! A day! Fried! For 90 days! Stay indoors too? Surely you jest. I would recommend that to someone if I had life insurance on them and was about to go to debtors' prison. But carry on. cheesy

hhahaha I didn't know what to say when I read that too. That's the ultimate road to an early grave.
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2011
The man said he wants to gain weight, not health problems cheesy
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by SolutionsAgent: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2011
@MaySuya. carbs means carbonhydrates
Re: Tips On Gaining Weight by kendokind: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
pls help naira land.....what is the side effect of casilian 90?...pls i have started taking it now to build my self...bur am afraid cos i dnt knw d side effect .tanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lassa Fever: Anambra Bans Drinking Of Garri / Echendu Foundation Shares Food, Cash Donations, Relief Materials In West Africa / Are Medical Contact Lenses Really Safe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.