Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,961 members, 7,828,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications (26007 Views)

Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) / 2023: Ohanaeze Rejects Atiku’s Single Term Proposal, Vice Presidential Slot / Ohanaeze Rejects Request To Takeover Ebubeagu Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2020
At the end of the day "democrazy" is bloody over-rated. Especially this Western-style those guys sold us.

I am not a huge fan. Just saying.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Silla007: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2020
Awol1:
Well, Abaribe is intelligent and like the only Senator from Southeast. But I agree with Ohaneze Youth Council on this.

If any commission is established, officers of the armed forces will start lobbying for recommendation which would in turn breed a new kind of corruption all together.

Again, it tends to take control away from the president who is the chief security officer. The President should be allowed to appoint those he feels can best deliver on his security masterplan so that if they fail, we blame him for it.

What Abaribe should have put in his bill would have been to compel the President to make his security appointments in such a way that every region of the country is represented. I don't think any region of this country is in dearth of security experts.

Also, every personnel whose tenure has ended should be retired unlike this brutish exercise of presidential prerogative on our present expired service chiefs.

We can make this country work for us.

Nigeria can work.

But we must put such frameworks such that no ethnic bigot like Buhari will ever exclude any region in governance process.

Nigeria should adopt rotational democracy because of our diversity. Let's get these things enshrined in our constitution and be done with politics of survival of the fittest.

I concur
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Sasam: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Thank God
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Keemsleek005(m): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2020
Okoroawusa:

See as you spoil your nice write up with a hate for Buhari.

Isi adirokwanugi nma...Okwa idi aware?

Just want to ask you people that keeps saying buhari appointed his own people to sensitive places. Pls how many of you will become president, let say am from the ibo tribe will i put hause as my chief of army staff or put yourba as dss director. Who doesnt want to solidify his throne? The same mistake jonathan made even obj himself.even una almight trump wont be daft to give sensitive positions to people he doesnt truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by webizone(m): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2020
DenreleDave:

Ok

Experts pls come in and render your advise
Any hope for bitcoin guys..
Do you think one should buy now that it's 5300 dollars or one shud still wait till it falls to 4k dollars?
Your suggestions pls bcox i wud love to invest my one month allawee.
Shud I buy now or wait till it falls?
Is the any hope that bitcoin will rise back to what it was in early February?
Pls kinmdy explain if bitcoin will rise again and is it good to be bullish now?
Don't invest there now. You will just lose it. Instead, for now, put your money in savings or fixed deposit or a trusted fixed returns platform and ride out the global corona virus crisis. When that's done, invest in stocks and watch it fly. If you are not patient for that and want to earn weekly, you can indicate your interest here and send me an email at trendmanager2020@gmail dot com. You will be getting my highly profitable gold (xauusd) signals. But it will cost you per week. Anyone else interested can do the same.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Glycosunde: 10:05am On Mar 16, 2020
The bill was to recommend to d president those who r qualified for d positions and not to install d person themselves. And this is coming up bcus Buhari has failed to use federal character when appointing. And lobbying has been part of government from time in memorial or do u think even this present crop of appointees didn't lobby and will still lobby for positions but this bill will have carried everyone along as no one will feel marginalized
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by gawu1: 10:07am On Mar 16, 2020
Okoroawusa:

See as you spoil your nice write up with a hate for Buhari.

Isi adirokwanugi nma...Okwa idi aware?
Honestly, after writing nicely, the idiot spoiled everything with his hate for the president. If not because of hope that presidency may move to them, l am sure he would have thrown support to Abaribe.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by goaldynman(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2020
Whenever I see an Op name bearing Igbo name and I see that the topic or the news is against the interest of the Igbos, I just conclude it's a FAKE news from Lagos - Ibadan Expressway!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Daniel058(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2020
DenreleDave:

Ok

Do you think one should buy now that it's 5300 dollars or one shud still wait till it falls to 4k dollars?
u funny ,how much worth can ur one month allawee be able to buy Kwanu? grin
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2020
Dis poket money don finish?
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:17am On Mar 16, 2020
godkiller:
It will still work together for our good!

Nna mehnnnnn! cool

Jeopardize the Presidential System of Government which Igbos stand to benefit in 2023

I STOP READING HERE
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by kweensheba: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2020
The bill is probably to check the powers of the President. That is the essence of checks and balances.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by wealthymind: 10:22am On Mar 16, 2020
Awol1:

Adirom aware.

Okuko!
confirm Okuko bro. Nice and sound write up anyway ✊�
Your school fees was not a waste.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by orisa37: 10:22am On Mar 16, 2020
BUHARI, ELRUFAI, BURAITAI, LAWAN, TINUBU, GANDUJE AND SOME NORTHERN GOVERNORS AND SENATORS ARE WRECKLESS MAFIAS.

THEY'LL ESCAPE WITH MURDER UNLESS OHANEZE AFENIFERE AND SS AND CS YOUTHS JUST CONTINUE TO FIGHT AGAINST
RUGA
ISLAMISATION
FULANISATION AND
ANARCHY AND

INSIST NOW AND BEFORE 2023 ELECTIONS ON
FULL AUTONOMY OF
POLICE CONTROL
RESOURCES CONTROL AND
ELECTIONEERING CONTROL

TO ALL OUR 37 LEGIT STATES INCLUDING THE FG.

IT'S A LEGITIMATE RIGHT OF ALL THE STATES GOVERNMENTS TO HAVE THESE NOW AND BEFORE FURTHER ELECTIONS.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2020
wealthymind:
confirm Okuko bro. Nice and sound write up anyway ✊�
Your school fees was not a waste.

Thanks.

I see you.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by GamalNasser: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2020
The useless Nepotic president we have now I the cause of all such bills that would be needless if we had a fair and good president
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by UNRULY(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2020
I stand with BIAFRA
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2020
DenreleDave:

Ok

Buy now because it will rise to over $12,000 after coronavirus epidemic
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2020
William5678:
see blew
is your family aware of this? help them first idiot
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:49am On Mar 16, 2020
happybet5555:
Happy new week to you all
help your family first
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2020
This is a stupid bill.

Abaribe wasn't thinking we'll when he sponsored this bill.

Yorubas will say, when you have a headache, you don't cut off the head.

They should instead legislate a bill that will better screen those who vie for the post of President so that only the best with good intentions can become the President and Commander-in-chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by FManager(m): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2020
FuckThaMod:
But we igbos don't like Nigeria, why should we give a fvck about it's democracy and 2023? Aren't we suppose to focus on only biafra and allow the country to raze down for all we care?
one question are you willing to kill your fellow man, when war time comes, no be say war come you come dey carry Ghana must go go run enter another country, we don't need another civil war I am a pure Igbo man, and war bring starvation and death coupled with diseases to both children and their mothers.

Please act rationally our fight is against bigotry, tribalistic scum and corrupted rouge politicians and their dead brain zombie followers
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Okoroawusa: 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
Awol1:

Adirom aware.

Okuko!
Afurum na inwelu ndi ara ibe gi na enye gi "likes" isi ji ebu gi na Nairaland.

Jisie Ike...inugo?
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by SangoOlukosOba: 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
This is a stupid bill.

Abaribe wasn't thinking we'll when he sponsored this bill.

Yorubas will say, when you have a headache, you don't cut off the head.

They should instead legislate a bill that will better screen those who vie for the post of President so that only the best with good intentions can become the President and Commander-in-chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
[/s]
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by degamemaster(m): 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2020
NaijaFutbol:

Which Igbo man will base political benefit on 2023 Presidency

I know the Majority of Igbos dont need 2023 presidency. a significant number of them need Biafra (I think they wont be better off in Biafra anyway).

What Nigeria needs is for communities to be more independent from a system that is mixed up with people of different idea of success.

We need to convince other progressive minded individuals, across ethnicity, that we are better off pushing our different ideas of success with minimal restriction in the name of a Federation.

I dont agree with Abaribe. Buhari's lopsided appointments shows the need to restructure the country asap.
Navy and Ports authority will have experts located in port cities hence no need to have a man that never saw water lead the Navy.
Police will be community based and not reporting to a man who has no idea of the terrain. An Igbo man in Abia has no business leading civil defence in Kano where drinking alcohol in the public is a civil offence.

These are the issues Buhari's nepotism has laid bare.

For the Ohaneze youth blablabla.... they are not representing Igbo people.... Any Ohaneze without Nwodo is neither Oha nor Eze

You put up a nice comment but ruined it with your last line of statement.

Any Ohaneze without NNAMDI KANU is not in the interest of ndigbo. Nnamdi Kanu is the only true Igbo leader we have now.

God bless you,
God bless me,
God bless Nnamdi Kanu,
God bless Ndigbo and all lovers of freedom.
Re: Abaribe’s Armed Forces Bill: Ohanaeze Rejects It. Warns NASS On Implications by Neatboy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
Ohanaeze Youth Council(OYC), the apex Igbo socio-cultural youth body, has described the newly introduced Armed Forces Bill in the National Assembly as an invitation of coup d’etat against civilian Presidents.

The Igbo group cautioned members of the National Assembly on the implications of the proposed Armed Forces Bill by the Senate if passed into law.

Ohanaeze Youth opined that the bill, if allowed to stand, would truncat Nigeria democracy as the contents of the proposed legislation seeks to wrest the sacred Powers and authority conferred on the President and Commander in Chief of Armed Forces by 1999 Constitution Section 217 and 218 for the Composition, Appointment and termination of service Chiefs of Armed Forces of Nigeria by vesting it in a Commission which can be Manipulative in on a rogue collaboration with enemies of Democracy to Overthrow a Civilian President.

DAILY POST learnt that the Armed Forces Bill sponsored by Senator Enyinnaya Harcourt Abaribe, seeks to address presumed lopsided appointment of heads of Security Agencies in the Country,

However, a statement forwarded to DAILY POST on Sunday by the President General(OYC), Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro and Secretary-General, Okwu Nnabuike, queried why such sensitive bill empowers a commission to recommend to the President whoever they feel is qualified for appointment as Service Chief and Head of Security agencies in Nigeria without Mr President’s input if it’s not for sinister motives and nefarious activities of the sponsors.

The group further added in the release, “OYC condemns vehemently such Armed Forces Bill, as it is an abuse of legislative powers, traduces military Tradition. Political Musketeers will arm-twist unlawfully a sitting Civilian President if Senate passes it into law. Such powers to make appointment of Service Chiefs will be bestowed on non-elective persons, who might use it for anti-democratic motives to hold the Presidency at ransom against the collective interests of Nigerians.

“OYC wants the National Assembly to know that the Igbos are not in support of any action that might jeopardize the Presidential System of Government which Igbos stand to benefit in 2023. We disassociate ourselves from the proposed Armed Forces Bill and urge the National Assembly that such reckless bill would not be supported by the Igbos as it is dead on arrival”.

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/15/ohanaeze-rejects-abaribes-armed-force-bill-warns-n-assembly-on-implications/

Please just tell me. What is the difference between this bill and the Federal Character Principle that gives leverages and upper hand to the North vis a vis other regions or tribes? If you think the bill is unhealthy and it will breed incompetencies and favouritism over meritocracy then tell me if the Federal Character is not doing same? If the Northerners have not found anything wrong with the Federal Character then why should these boys from the East find anything wrong with this bill? Or are they trying to paint Ohaneze blue and give it a nationalistic colouration?

Person wey hate you done hate you, there is nothing you can do about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan / Abia LP Supporters Carry Coffin, Say PDP Died On 18 March, Buried On 22nd March / INEC Voter Education: Tinubu Rejects Okoye's Renewal, Olumekun Heads Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.