Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan (25938 Views)

Amaechi: My Presidential Aspiration Not A Personal Ambition + Why I'm Contesting / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) / Fayose: I Buried My Presidential Ambition Because APC Rigged Ekiti Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by ogododo: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
FORMER President Goodluck Jonathan, Friday, said his intention to contest 2023 presidential election was speculative and pledged to continue to serve God, humanity, Africa and the world to the best of his ability and with all sense of commitment and sincerity.

He called for synergy among President Muhammadu Buhari, Governors, Security Chiefs and other stakeholders, insisting that such would de-escalate tension occasioned by the challenge of insecurity in the country.

Jonathan who stated this when he led a delegation of politicians from Bayelsa on a condolence visit to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa at Government House, Asaba, over the recent demise of his father, Sir Okorie Okowa, said it was unfortunate that school children and many Nigerians were being kidnapped for ransom by bandits.

He said: “I believe that with the commitment of the governors and the Federal Government, we will be able to address the issue of insecurity in the country.

“I believe that the President himself is not sleeping and that the governors are not sleeping as well over the insecurity challenge in the country.

“As long as the governors, the President and all the security agencies can work together, Nigeria will be able to cross over this very ugly phase of societal evolution”.

While saying he was impressed by the efforts of the President in stemming the tide of insecurity, he called on Nigerians to join hands in making the country safe for all.

The former President commended Governor Ifeanyi Okowa for his giant strides in human capital and infrastructural development, adding that he was proud of the monumental achievements recorded by Okowa’s administration in the state.

While commiserating with the Governor on the passage of his father, he told him and his siblings to continue to promote their father’s enviable records as a way to immortalise him.

READ ALSO: Insecurity: Jonathan calls for collaborative effort among leaders
In his remarks, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa thanked the former president for identifying with the family on the passage of their patriarch, saying that they were consoled by the fact that their father died in Christ.

Okowa said there would be thanksgiving service on August 21 for his late father, pointing out that the ceremony would be a platform to appreciate God for giving them a good father.

He said: “My father was truly a school teacher and impacted a lot in our various communities and eventually he became a church leader and was very effective in the Anglican Communion.

“He was also a politician; people don’t actually know that but he actually groommed me in my early days in politics and he was always there to offer me advice on what best to do. He was truly a strong pillar behind me in my early political days”.

Okowa used the opportunity to appreciate the former President for being a good ambassador of the nation to the world and urged him to continue to be a father to the people of Niger Delta, Nigeria and Africa.

He equally commended Jonathan for his role in the establishment of Maritime University in Okerenkoko, Warri South West Local Government Area of the state which, according to him, has engendered peace in the Niger Delta.

Okowa said: “We must thank you for the various roles you have played and for being a good ambassador of Nigeria outside office and we pray that God will continue to be supportive of the roles that you will play for the betterment of our nation, West Africa and African Union.

“We appreciate your fatherly role even within our own South South region and I must actually use this opportunity to thank you for the establishment of the Maritime University in Okerenkoko because that actually did bring peace to us as a state”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/2023-my-presidential-ambition-is-speculative-%e2%80%95jonathan/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by BigBrowser: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2021
No details?

1 Like

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by Abdul05: 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
Baba Jonah have said all,the issue of insecurity must be collective rather than being put on the hands of the government alone.

grin grin ,And stop exploiting this issue as the only way or chance to divide the nation.KANU and his henchmen

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2021
Speculative go soon speculate GEJ

Somebody should please tell this man to respect himself because Nigeria go soon throw inside mud leave am waka komot and that little respect he has will evaporate into the thin air.

A word is enough for the wise.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by Anigreat: 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2021
shocked

I believe you my hero, without any iota of doubt.

I great and a noble man like you won't stoop so low.

They didn't want you, so they should leave you alone.

You're a great man GEJ.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
Power, it has a way of blinding people. Jonathan intends to ruin whatever honor he still holds. I will rather vote an Igbo man than vote a 4yrs southern president.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by ogododo: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Speculative go soon speculate GEJ

Somebody should please tell this man to respect himself because Nigeria go soon throw inside mud leave am waka komot and that little respect he has will evaporate into the thin air.

A word is enough for the wise.

The problem be say, if na im the power that be want, nothing go sele.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by Dikegodspower(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
Seems Gej is high on sapele water.
Abeg make una no take am serious

4 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2021
ogododo:

The problem be say, if na im the power that be want, nothing go sele.
Ok oh! But, The Power That Be Fit Throw Am Inside Poto-Poto When Jungle Go Begin Mature Oh.

Somebody needs to advise GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
I still believe GEJ will not vindicate those calling him ogogoro drunkard.
His caliber of person shouldn't be fooled like a kid. Mbanu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by ogododo: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Ok oh! But, The Power That Be Fit Throw Am Inside Poto-Poto When Jungle Go Begin Mature Oh.

Somebody needs to advise GEJ.
Im be wise man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by ogododo: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2021
Dikegodspower:
Seems Gej is high on sapele water.
Abeg make una no take am serious
No be Sapele water, na Yenogoa

2 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by slivertongue: 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
it better remains speculative.
Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:
Power, it has a way of blinding people. Jonathan intends to ruin whatever honor he still holds. I will rather vote an Igbo man that vote a 4yrs southern president.
An Igbo must not be your Yardstick of hate, after you all messed up Nigeria you want an Igbo to come and clean your mess, 9please you all should conti6to enjoy your presidency for the time Being, we are too busy in AlaIgbo unless you show some remorse then beg the Igbo tribe to save Nigeria

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

An Igbo must not be your Yardstick of hate, after you all messed up Nigeria you want an Igbo to come and clean your mess, 9please you all should conti6to enjoy your presidency for the time Being, we are too busy in AlaIgbo unless you show some remorse then beg the Igbo tribe to save Nigeria
What is this one saying? If u get it, me saying I will rather vote Igbo man means I rate u least on the politics ladder cheesy

8 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

What is this one saying? If u get it, me saying I will rather vote Igbo man means I rate u least on the politics ladder cheesy
No that's not what it means, you mean an Igbo man comes when you have no other worthy person according to your view from other parts.
Meanwhile we don't care, we don't need your approval or acceptance to be the great Igbo race, the nightmare of even the British

22 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

No that's not what it means, you mean an Igbo man comes when you have no other worthy person according to your view from other parts.
Meanwhile we don't care, we don't need your approval or acceptance to be the great Igbo race, the nightmare of even the British
Comprehension is your problem. Go back to read again.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

Comprehension is your problem. Go back to read again.
It was loud and clear you said instead of voting for him you vote an Igbo man, what that means is that he is terrible but also Igbos are terrible but just a little less terrible a choice than Jonathan, what that means is that neither Igbos nor Jonathan is a choice.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by kendrick9(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
poliTRICKcians
Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

It was loud and clear you said instead of voting for him you vote an Igbo man, what that means is that he is terrible but also Igbos are terrible but just a little less terrible a choice than Jonathan, what that means is that neither Igbos nor Jonathan is a choice.
Like I said, comprehension is your problem. Get a crash course and revisit my post again.

My post is like choosing the worst over the bad in order to spite the bad.

I will rather be drown in an ocean than drive a car without a break

Drowning is more inimical than the risks involved in driving a car without a break

6 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

Like I said, comprehension is your problem. Get a crash course and revisit my post again.

My post is like choosing the worst over the bad in order to spite the bad.

I will rather be drown in an ocean than drive a car without a break

Drowning is more inimical than the risks involved in driving a car without a break
Which means, we are the worst, that's same thing I'm saying is choosing the bad over the worst in any way an appreciation for the worst, it shows a deep resentment for the Igbos, not for Jonathan because you had already said we are the worst,

4 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 10:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

Which means, we are the worst, that's same thing I'm saying is choosing the bad over the worst in any way an appreciation for the worst, it shows a deep resentment for the Igbos, not for Jonathan because you had already said we are the worst,
Good that u finally got it message. U and I know Jonathan have more clouts than any Igbo man alive to run for presidency. It is mission impossible for both anyways.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

Good that u finally got the message. U and I know Jonathan have more clouts than any Igbo man alive to run for presidency. It is mission impossible for both anyways.
I won't talk on that but still don't count your chicken before it hatches, 2023 is still far, and God can anoint anyone at any time, you are in no position to decide for the Igbos, anyway thanks for being plain on your view of Igbos, but that does not change fact that we are the most visible tribe in Africa

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

I won't talk on that but still don't count your chicken before it hatches, 2023 is still far, and God can anoint anyone at any time, you are in no position to decide for the Igbos, anyway thanks for being plain on your view of Igbos, but that does not change fact that we are the most visible tribe in Africa
I mean no disrespect tho. You guys are not just good in playing politics. I watch with dismay how eastern govs openly worked against Obi because they were not consulted before his nomination as vp. And u also hate other tribes. U insult Hausa, insult Yoruba and bully the SS. Politics no deh work that way.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

I mean no disrespect tho. You guys are not just good in playing politics. I watch with dismay how eastern govs openly worked against Obi because they were not consulted before his nomination as vp. And u also hate other tribes. U insult Hausa, insult Yoruba and bully the SS. Politics no deh work that way.
I don't think you understood politics, Igbos don't play Mafia politics, and your region with the North playing Mafia pomitics keeps ripping the rewards of a few people holding all of you down, do you know why Nzeogwu stuck and Zik was not killed, it was becuase he was not a Mafian, today nothing had changed, Tinubu for instance is the Mafia of the west and he wouldn't mind using Hoodlums to disrupt anything including peaceful protesters, what about north, before the coup they were threatening to douse people in acid, your two region will be the last to be free from the grip of corrupt politicians, don't think you play politics better than Igbos, just that Igbos play civil politics and we don't give in to God God fathers that's how mature politics should be, one day there will serious revolt in the North and west and this time your leaders could be assassinated by your own people. how exactly did we bully the East,

5 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

I don't think you understood politics, Igbos don't play Mafia politics, and your region with the North playing Mafia pomitics keeps ripping the rewards of a few people holding all of you down, do you know why Nzeogwu stuck and Zik was not killed, it was becuase he was not a Mafian, today nothing had changed, Tinubu for instance is the Mafia of the west and he wouldn't mind using Hoodlums to disrupt anything including peaceful protesters, what about north, before the coup they were threatening to douse people in acid, your two region will be the last to be free from the grip of corrupt politicians, don't think you play politics better than Igbos, just that Igbos play civil politics and we don't give in to God God fathers that's how mature politics should be, one day there will serious revolt in the North and west and this time your leaders could be assassinated by your own people. how exactly did we bully the East,
You see what I am saying? Insult others but your own. cheesy

By the way, what is it with ur tribesmen and the name Tinubu? He ever governed you? I guess that man is giving a lot of u nightmares cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

You see what I am saying? Insult others but your own. cheesy

By the way, what is it with ur tribesmen and the name Tinubu? He ever governed you? I guess that man is giving a lot of u nightmares cheesy
Tinubu is similar to Akintola of back in the day, he does not represents progressive interest, not even Yoruba interest nor Southern interest, I'm not saying that Mafia politics is good or bad, I'm not saying that Zik was good but killing Zik would have been a waste of death as he could have not resisted any change

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

Tinubu is similar to Akintola of back in the day, he does not represents progressive interest, not even Yoruba interest nor Southern interest, I'm not saying that Mafia politics is good or bad, I'm not saying that Zik was good but killing Zik would have been a waste of death as he could have not resisted any change
Why not face your own demons and leave Yoruba to battle theirs? Must u pokenose? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

Why not face your own demons and leave Yoruba to battle theirs? Must u pokenose? undecided
I had left them until you brought the great Igbo race into your senseless comparison with your Jonathan resentment, why not leave us alone.

15 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by yorubarere: 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2021
AlexBells:

I had left them until you brought the great Igbo race into your senseless comparison with your Jonathan resentment, why not leave us alone.
You are right great Igbo race. Third class citizens. Goodnight jare.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan by AlexBells(m): 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
yorubarere:

You are right great Igbo race. Third class citizens. Goodnight jare.
Your envy for Igbos will make you loose your place, I won't reply you on that hate speech but last time we checked you are still trapped in the system and government Igbos have you, so bad you cant have your regional government still using the same government your masters left you since 1966 lol

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-ministers Of Defence, Army Chiefs Jittery As COAS Sets Up New Probe Panel / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Lagos Apc Governorship Candidate Sanwo Olu(photos) / Paul Offu: President Buhari Reacts To Killing Of Catholic Priest In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.