Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United (37563 Views)

Lukaku ‘Will Accept Pay Cut’ To Dump Chelsea For Inter Milan Return / Gattuso Ready To Accept Pay Cut To Fund Osimhen Transfer / Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by mechanics(m): 9:07am On Mar 16, 2020
He will improve with time.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by simiife: 9:14am On Mar 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

Not if he is putting in the work and bringing in the goals...

Every club dumps a player that contributes nothing meaningful to its success. No need singling Man United out.

My concern for him is how he hopes to get regular first team starts with Martial and Rashford in fine form, especially Martial, as Rashford can always pair up easily with him... (Rashford and Ighalo combination, with Fernandes and McTominay in midfield, would be super lethal)!

If lingard reads that ur second paragraph he will make jest of u.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:17am On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
it suprised me, when a blogger from kenya claimed that ighalo was the first kenyan to play for manchester united.
on reading it, i peed on mah pants.
laugh be wan kill me.
ighalo... ighalo... i just thank God you 've got a pure Nigerian name.
grin grin grin grin they say success has many friends. Even the Kenyans are interested, lol. But you sef wetin carry you go Kenyan blogger side?

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2020
fineboynl:

low self esteem and inferiority complex is your problem. I'm tired why Nigerians makes so much noise on the internet. have you seen other Africans like Senegalese making noise claiming mane? over look things and grow up. see him as a good player and from Africa.
he has every right to be proud of a Nigerian player .......
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 9:22am On Mar 16, 2020
simiife:

If lingard reads that ur second paragraph he will make jest of u.

Hehehehe... Lingard is one of the weird exceptions to the rule.

Besides, Lil nigga is starting to pick up form small small... Who knows, he might yet become the chief cornerstone. grin
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:25am On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
it suprised me, when a blogger from kenya claimed that ighalo was the first kenyan to play for manchester united.
laugh be wan kill me.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2020
fineboynl:

low self esteem and inferiority complex is your problem. I'm tired why Nigerians makes so much noise on the internet. have you seen other Africans like Senegalese making noise claiming mane? over look things and grow up. see him as a good player and from Africa.

Have you been to Senegal or read their tabloid if not at least you might have heard how the English hype their players
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Edoziesmart(m): 9:46am On Mar 16, 2020
DenreleDave:
.. Baba ighalo wants to become Mario for man utd.. Sha be careful coz rooney may send u corona if u Wan pass him record oo

Ehnn experts let's talk
Experts pls come in and render your advise
Any hope for bitcoin guys..
Do you think one should buy now that it's 5300 dollars or one shud still wait till it falls to 4k dollars?
Your suggestions pls bcox i wud love to invest my one month allawee.
Shud I buy now or wait till it falls?
Is the any hope that bitcoin will rise back to what it was in early February?
Pls kinmdy explain if bitcoin will rise again and is it good to be bullish now?

I wana learn

Do you even study bitcoin before thinking of venturing into it?

Your last sentence keep me wondering what you understand by bullish and bearish zone grin

Anyway if you are venturing into short term investment it is a no no to buy bitcoin now, but if it is a long term investment it is very advisable.
But I guess the support level should be around 4k to 4900 before it move to 7k

The sudden break out of coronavirus is affecting crypto world because the sell order is now higher than the buy order due to panic investors who want to dump and convert to fiat.

Abeg PM if you need more guide about bitcoin trading. I'm too busy now to even type long epistle embarassed
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Uniquekriss(m): 9:52am On Mar 16, 2020
motionarena:
Silly decision.

Man utd will later dump him like a piece of rag
when there's a dip in form.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by checkoutEnugu: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2020
bestpunterever:
school na scam bro, 1 month salary of player in EPL is equal to a salary a doctor will earn in 150 years.
after the playing career, his many players can boast of any savings after 10years?. Education may not be the key but it is the master key. You may fail in life but education never fails you
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by bestpunterever: 10:03am On Mar 16, 2020
checkoutEnugu:
after the playing career, his many players can boast of any savings after 10years?. Education may not be the key but it is the master key. You may fail in life but education never fails you
Oga forget that thing, that's a personal issues..how many doctors can boost of 150million naira after their job career? i'm not saying someone should not be educated but i'm telling you everything is not about education as it seem in nigeria..
even some educated fellows behave like an idiot
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by sulaak(m): 10:19am On Mar 16, 2020
ogbiwa:
He seems to know what he wants and is willing to go after it not minding the costs. I admire that

I don't, what has he got to gain giving away $6 million.

He has fulfilled his dream to play and score for MANU and it's working for both parties, now it's time he focuses on his long term future beyond football
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by madridsta007(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
laugh be wan kill me.

I saw it.
Like joke, there is a strong rumour in Nairobi that Ighalo has a Kenyan background.
It is fake news, but it is quite strong in Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by olisaEze(m): 10:32am On Mar 16, 2020
fineboynl:

Because if we make noise in real time, our 'gestapolike' government will do to us what they’ve done to Sowore! undecided
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by worldclass68(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2020
MZrapper:
Can someone explain to me how players are loaned out in football??

Team A will go to team B to borrow one of it players and agreed to be paying full or part of the player weekly wages ( maybe for one or two full seasons or half) and also team A will pay team B money ( loan fee) use to be small amount of money compare to the normal total transfer fee.....
and there use to be agreement of options to buy if the said player impressed the temporary club.

Sometimes clubs do ask to loan players at first to test run him/her, or to replace an injured player for that moment, if he/her impressed the borrowing club, they might go ahead and sign him/her permanently, and if otherwise they won't. E.g, Asisat Oshoala, Ola Aina and Kenneth omeruo were firstly signed of on loan, with options to buy if they impress their various clubs, and they did, and were signed permanently.

Just like borrowing me your phone for a week, and I'll pay you #100, but if I like it at the end of week, I'll buy it at considerable agreed price or better still request to borrow it for another week if ok with u and pay you another #100.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Kenneth10110(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2020
Why can't they pay him exactly if not increment. If na one white player he wouldn't bargain for less this one just one be man u player. I hope they will not go and sign one top striker and forget him remember him never play half of Lukaku only Lask Linz and Derby he knows how to score. Well Good luck Nigerian
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by bluecircle470: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Samakus:
Money is not Ighalo's problem anymore. Footballing satisfaction is

For your mind
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Kenneth10110(m): 10:49am On Mar 16, 2020
checkoutEnugu:

Koshi danu
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Oswardnat: 10:52am On Mar 16, 2020
NFF, Rohr ‘part ways’ as fresh Super Eagles contract talks collapse
Expected fresh contract renewal for Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr might have collapsed as the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) is yet to initiate talks with the German-Franco tactician.
Rohr who revealed this in an interview said he won’t force any contract renewal discussion with the NFF.
Rohr has three months left on his current deal with the NFF which he signed two years ago, same year he qualified the country’s senior national team for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
https://blueprint.ng/nff-rohr-part-ways-as-fresh-super-eagles-contract-talks-collapse/
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by JiffyLou(m): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2020
The fear of Covid-19 would make you accept an 80% paycut.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Bruno3000(m): 11:04am On Mar 16, 2020
Samakus:
Money is not Ighalo's problem anymore. Footballing satisfaction is
He is a fool. Even C Ronaldo still needs more money.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Elxandre(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2020
IWTBAB:
132,000,000 Naira Per Month Salary shocked
It is well.
Your mean 230m?
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Elxandre(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2020
checkoutEnugu:
Nigerian players are different from the regular European player who doesnt really have that saving culture.

Even the likes of Wilson Oruma who didn't earn anything compared to the likes of Ighalo still had like 1 billion naira to invest after retirement, sadly he got scammed.

I mean just a week or two salary could build a nice house to make money from. Calculate how many weeks he has spent in China, and you'll see he's made for life.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by simiife: 11:39am On Mar 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

Hehehehe... Lingard is one of the weird exceptions to the rule.

Besides, Lil nigga is starting to pick up form small small... Who knows, he might yet become the chief cornerstone. grin

Na true sha,no one knows tomorrow, except GOD
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by EmekaBlue(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

Then why not go play football, and leave others to pursue the "academic scam"!!!

Do you know the ratio of good footballers in the world today to those actually earning big in the same game??!... You actually think every great footballer is doing well financially??! grin

Only less than 20% of exceptionally talented footballers are living large and famous... Same with almost every other sport. There will always be room for a really tiny or minute few!!!... Should will also call football and sports scam??!

Everyone keeps shouting Dangote and Adenuga as though they are the smartest or most business savvy... Nope, they ain't!!! They are just privileged!!!... There are more hardworking, business savvy individuals who will never be billionaires. Know why??! There will always be room for a tiny few!!!... Does that mean business and entrepreneurship is scam??!

Bottom line bro, life is never that simple, or just simple (depends on you)... The true gain in life is passion and focus. Everything is not a competition... Focus on what drives you, and pursue it. Contrary to the lies most nitwits and pretenders claim on this forum, money is not everything... It is merely a short means to certain ends.
in all you wrote...you are very right about being privileged
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, he should remain in obscure China??!...

Life is about taking calculated risks... He has already had 2 top starts in a short while, and if not for Corona virus issues, would have had his first top start in the league against Spurs last weekend...

Yes, he will probably not get constant first team starts, but you can't compare what he will gain in terms of future endorsements while in United compared to China...

I understand he don't wan2 be in China anymore. He can get his endorsements buh trust me there's nothing worse than seating on the bench all the time. All I want is for him to play more often in the premier league then we good
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by youska(m): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Amalekki: 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
The financial benefits of playing for Man United may actually far outweigh the pay cut in the long run.

His visibility as a brand now includes possibly the most supported club in the world (you need to see these United crowd during training tours at any corner of the world). What he is able to do with the tag of being an ex-Man United player is unlimited in terms of lifetime business potentials.

We should also keep in mind that apart from the perks of a solid network of ex-United stars, United players are known to be among the most commercially endorsed by business brands. I can only imagine what is going on behind the scene with big businesses in Africa in terms of endorsements, Ighalo must be on several shortlists now. He is also a huge potential for at least one bestseller autobiography & a movie.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Chronicle222: 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
laugh be wan kill me.
Lol.... I tot i was the only person to notice it on twitter.. Lol...... I can't stop laughing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

I understand he don't wan2 be in China anymore. He can get his endorsements buh trust me there's nothing worse than seating on the bench all the time. All I want is for him to play more often in the premier league then we good

Martial is highly injury prone, and very inconsistent in form... Ighalo will most likely get playing time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / Kanu Nwankwo And Wife, Amara Celebrate 14th Wedding Anniversary With Cute Photos / Ben Bruce's Message To Anthony Joshua As He Prepares For Rematch With Andy Ruiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.