Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings (81623 Views)

Becheve: Cross River Community Where Unborn Baby Girls Are Betrothed To Aged Men / Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by DedeNkem: 5:50am On May 17, 2020
Let me see them befriend a Cobra or Black Mamba!
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Guide777(m): 9:29am On May 17, 2020
Drfinn:
I did my NYSC in Machina. I heard the story but never got to see any snakes.
Market is on Sundays.

Only one church (COCIN) was permitted to run services. Don't know if things have changed.

The Emir is highly educated and friendly, can't forget in a hurry how He hosted us to a sumptuous dinner wen we were about rounding up service. We ate in trays with bare hands.

Niger is some 30minutes away. Some parts of the community such as the hills, and lush grasslands instill awe. Well, the weather is same as in other parts of the north, and so are the people.
which year did you serve in Machina?
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Guide777(m): 9:33am On May 17, 2020
I served in Yusufari Yobe state. At the time time, the stories of Machina and its snakes we heard from fellow Corps members serving there were very scary.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2020
See how superstition is killing people. The first one seems to be suffering from epilepsy while the second one seems to have polio.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Bagsman(m): 12:09pm On May 17, 2020
Hoephase:
What is the position of Islam on this?

Please my Muslim brethren should help us out with this.
very easy... The prophet told us when we see snakes in our house we tell them "please leave our house" three times if its truly a snake it will naturally leave but if its not is a devil and take the necessary precautions on how to deal with it... Allah knows best!

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by victorazyvictor(m): 1:01am On May 18, 2020
The same in Achina in Anambra state.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by NewDelhi(m): 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
bluefilm:
So Lalaiclala i bu onye Machina?

O di egwu o!
So you think say u fit dey frustrate me for that thread abi? I get you names and your pics. Anywhere I catch you for that area I go use pump action drop you. Be careful and watch your lane. Be like say u no know who i be.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by bluefilm: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
NewDelhi:

So you think say u fit dey frustrate me for that thread abi? I get you names and your pics. Anywhere I catch you for that area I go use pump action drop you. Be careful and watch your lane. Be like say u no know who i be.

Don't be stupid.

How did I frustrate you in the other thread?

Do you even know the meaning of the word 'frustrate'?

Nwanne, I bu onye ala.

Drop yourself with pump Action fess.

Nonsense. angry
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by NewDelhi(m): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
bluefilm:

Don't be stupid.

How did I frustrate you in the other thread?

Do you even know the meaning of the word 'frustrate'?

Nwanne, I bu onye ala.

Drop yourself with pump Action fess.

Nonsense. angry
You no know who i be abi undecided
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by blueAgent(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2020
Backward people.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by blueAgent(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
See how superstition is killing people. The first one seems to be suffering from epilepsy while the second one seems to have polio.

Atheist spotted.
If you doubt it why not go and spend a few days there.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by sparkyJ: 12:13am On Jun 18, 2022
The moment I saw that Yobe North APC senatorial aspirant, I remembered this story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.