Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity (20394 Views)

Electricity: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria $18.29m For 2022 Consumption –NERC / Niger, Benin, Togo Owe Nigeria ₦5.8 Billion For Power In 2020 – Report / Togo, Niger, Benin Owe Nigeria ₦32.04 Billion For Electricity Supplied In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Raymeskey: 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
Davido can help them
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Blue3k(m): 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

Yet more unintelligible gibberish... grin

Nigeria can proverbially chew gum and walk at the same time...
Earning forex from electricity exports is NOT mutually-exclusive with supplying power to Nigerians. SMH
>

I didn't claim it is mutually exclusive liar. Are You attacking strawman arguements because your previous lies got boring? I didnt say Nigeria shouldn't export power to countries keeping to the agreements you mentioned. Niger Republic does so the country under no obligation to supply them like you claimed.

I said it's more beneficial to supply Nigerians more power. The excuses you gave are dont cut it. It's the Nigerian government that choose to sell power at low prices domestically. Its no different from what they did in the fuel market. They just have adjust the policies.

Now lets hear your new excuses.
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 6:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:
I can edit my post. You cant refute my facts. Again tag everyone in the thread so everyone can hear your lies. Your hard currency excuse doesn't cut it either. Nigeria could benefit more simply supplying power to Nigerians.

Before you repost more unintelligible gibberish...
As we have now understood your limited capacity for basic comprehension.

Nigeria reportedly has a nominal (theoretical) installed generation capacity of 13.5K MW of on-grid power, but it only have a generating capacity of about 7K MW of readily-evacuatable on-grid power. Further, Nigeria reportedly has a nominal transmission capacity of about 5-6K MW of on-grid power but has on average only been able to transmit in the region of 3-4K MW of power. Meanwhile, the DISCOs are usually able to take on average about 2-3K MW (the highest-ever reportedly being about 4K) from the transmission company (TCN). Accordingly, SELLING power to our neighbors is not why we do not have enough to go around domestically.

But know what we need to invest in needed generation, transmission and distribution upgrade badly needed in Nigeria: HARD CURRENCY!
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Blue3k(m): 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

Before you repost more gibberish...
As we have now understood your limited capacity for basic comprehension.

Nigeria reportedly has a nominal (theoretical) installed generation capacity of 13.5K MW of on-grid power, but it only have a generating capacity of about 7K MW of readily-evacuatable on-grid power. Further, Nigeria reportedly has a nominal transmission capacity of about 5-6K MW of on-grid power but has on average only been able to transmit in the region of 3-4K MW of power. Meanwhile, the DISCOs are usually able to take on average about 2-3K MW (the highest-ever reportedly being about 4K) from the transmission company (TCN). Accordingly, SELLING power to our neighbors is not why we do not have enough to go around domestically.

But know what we need to invest in needed generation, transmission and distribution upgrade badly needed in Nigeria: [b[HARD CURRENCY![/b]
>

The tiny amounts of hard currency you're salivating over from these nations wont achieve your goal. If Nigeria stop wasting cash on fuel subsidy and defending currency with billions of dollars in hard currency it would achieve the same result. Supplying power to Nigerians wont stop Nigeria from achieving goal. As we agree Nigeria can walk and chew gum.

Next excuse.

Benin Republic electricity exports:
2016: 22,837,248,612.40
2017: 25,905,582,963.6
2018: 30,673,446,313.68
2019 Q1: 8,000,015,624.00

Niger Republic electrity exports:
2016: N6,474,560,157.81
2017: N8,376,834,776.72
2018: N9,745,275,417.55
2019: Q1 N2,243,558,858.50
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:
The tiny amounts of hard currency you're salivating over from these nations wont achieve your goal. If Nigeria stop wasting cash on fuel subsidy and defending currency with billions of dollars in hard currency it would achieve the same result. Supplying power to Nigerians wont stop Nigeria from achieving goal. As we agree Nigeria can walk and chew gum.

Next excuse.

Talk about the classic Strawman Argument... grin grin grin

Meanwhile, it takes droplets to add up to a flood...
Every bit of forex helps. If you have ever honestly earned money, you would know. SMH
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Next excuse.

I must have a lot of spare time today, because I am here actually attempting to enlighten someone who actually think that a country that cannot domestically distribute all of the electricity it generates and transmits would be better off just adding to its so-called “stranded” electricity (that us, generable power that is not evacuated or distributed) rather than exporting some and earning even if small amounts of valuable forex. SMH

Too many Nigerians have never had to earn an honest living. undecided
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Blue3k(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

Talk about the classic Strawman Argument... grin grin grin

Meanwhile, it takes droplets to add up to a flood...
Every bit of forex helps. If you have ever honestly earned money, you would know. SMH
>
9jaRealist:

I must have a lot of spare time today, because I am here actually attempting to enlighten someone who actually think that a country that cannot domestically distribute all of the electricity it generates and transmits would be better off just adding to its so-called “stranded” electricity (that us, generable power that is not evacuated or distributed) rather than exporting some and earning even if small amounts of valuable forex. SMH

Too many Nigerians have never had to earn an honest living. undecided
>

Lol you're walking over dollars to pick up pennies. I agree every bit helps which why you dont waste what you already have. That's jow you achieve goals faster.

Lol you're too fond of strawmen liar. How does saying suppyling Nigerians would be more beneficial mean dont ever export? Maybe your mother is one people who never earned an honest living i dont know.

Next excuse.
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:
Lol you're walking over dollars to pick up pennies. I agree every bit helps which why you dont waste what you already have. That's jow you achieve goals faster.

Next excuse.

Yes, just about $100 million (N30 billion at official rate) is “pennies”... grin grin grin

Nigerian rent-seekers will never know what it means to earn an honest dollar! SMH
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Blue3k(m): 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

Yes, just about $100 million (N30 billion at official rate) is “pennies”... grin grin grin

Nigerian rent-seekers will never know what it means to earn an honest dollar! SMH
>

Compared to billions the country is spending on fuel subsidy and defending currency yes. It's tiny compared to other imports Nigeria has. I agree it's a good chunk of change.

Lol you must be talking about your rent seeking mother.

NBS electricity exports data.

Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Next excuse.

Not sure why this dude keeps editing his posts after response - to add even more self-defeating information... grin grin grin

Even merely looking at the numbers that you posted...
That’s about $130 million from Benin Rep and Niger in 2018 (excluding Togo).

How much are you getting from places like Zamfara State? SMH
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:
Compared to billions the country is spending on fuel subsidy and defending currency yes. It's tiny compared to other imports Nigeria has. I agree it's a good chunk of change.

Hang on to that Strawman... grin grin grin

I will ignore the childish insult directed at my family...
It merely betrays a lack of substance and a crude personal upbringing. SMH
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:

You do know the difference between imports and exports? grin

Meanwhile, your President is looking to take several much smaller amounts in foreign loans as part of his recent loan request. SMH
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Blue3k(m): 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

Not sure why this dude keeps editing his posts after response - to add even more self-defeating information... grin grin grin

Even merely looking at the numbers that you posted...
That’s about $130 million from Benin Rep and Niger in 2018 (excluding Togo).

How much are you getting from places like Zamfara State? SMH
>

Lol you dont know these exports are pennies compared to other things Nigeria exports? In Niger Republics case it's less than tobacco. These exports to chump change Nigeria gets with other non oil exports. If Nigeria stopped wasting billions your ideas would be implemented faster. This walking over dollars to pick up pennies.

Zamfara is the poorest state with the smallest economy. I don't know how zamfara provides to Federation account.

9jaRealist:

Hang on to that Strawman... grin grin grin

I will ignore the childish insult directed at my family...
It merely betrays a lack of substance and a crude personal upbringing. SMH
>

If you your mother is not a Nigerian rent seek? Who are you referring to then your father or siblings?

Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:
Lol you dont know these exports are pennies compared to other things Nigeria exports? In Niger Republics case it's less than tobacco. These exports to chump change Nigeria gets with other non oil exports. If Nigeria stopped wasting billions your ideas would be implemented faster. This walking over dollars to pick up pennies.

Zamfara is the poorest state with the smallest economy. I don't know how zamfara provides to Federation account.

This dude keeps posting information that’s self-damaging... grin grin grin

Your own chart shows that electricity exports just to one country is the third-largest export item to that country...
But you’d rather we keep that electricity “stranded” (since we cannot distribute it), because you don’t know the value of an honest dollar? SMH
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:
If you your mother is not a Nigerian rent seek? Who are you referring to then your father or siblings?

Will continue to decline to join you in the gutter of family insults...
It not only betrays your unsurprising lack of substance, but is ironically a poor reflection of your own family and the upbringing your suffered.
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Blue3k(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

Will continue to decline to join you in the gutter of family insults...
It not only betrays your unsurprising lack of substance, but is ironically a poor reflection of your own family and the upbringing your suffered.
>

Your family aren't the rent seekers your ranting about? Tell them to chsbge if you dont like their ways.

9jaRealist:

This dude keeps posting information that’s self-damaging... grin grin grin

Your own chart shows that electricity exports just to one country is the third-largest export item to that country...
But you’d rather we keep that electricity “stranded” (since we cannot distribute it), because you don’t know the value of an honest dollar? SMH
>

Niger Republic is tiny fraction of overall trade even within Africa. Lol your dancing over few pennies you get from them really? Dont assume I your lame family that doesn't know the value of a dollar. The charts show it's pretty insignificant overall.

Didnt say you cant export power. It would be more beneficial to sell it domestically.
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by 9jaRealist: 8:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k:
Niger Republic is tiny fraction of overall trade even within Africa. Lol your dancing over few pennies you get from them really? Dont assume I your lame family that doesn't know the value of a dollar. The charts show it's pretty insignificant overall.

Didnt say you cant export power. It would be more beneficial to sell it domestically.

You simply keep repeating your incomprehensible and increasingly crude gibberish, so there’s not much else to add here... undecided

*Ignore function activated*
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Blue3k(m): 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

You simply keep repeating your incomprehensible and increasingly crude gibberish, so there’s not much else to add here... undecided

*Ignore function activated*
>

Lol even you get tired of lying and dancing over pennies unlike. I wouldn't expect considering your background. Send my best wishes to your family chief.
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by therajah: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
Just 30billion? Those countries no shame. What a governor will pay from 'his' pocket!!
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Ayobamigiven: 7:16am On Mar 18, 2020
Same 30billion that davido dey brag about?
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by Obiaksnews: 8:30am On Mar 18, 2020
The key word here is "service to be paid for", when people offer you their services it is only natural you pay. But we pay for electricity services we don't get to enjoy, Understand me now? To put it in a better perspective for you, I get six hours of light in a day out of 24 hours. 8am-11am when i am not at home and 2am-5am in the morning when i am sleeping, i only get to use this light during weekends when i am at home and even as poor as the light schedule is, they don't keep to it and yet i pay every month for this same abysmal service, if i don't pay my light gets disconnected.
9jaRealist:

It is NOT a “service”...
But an economic GOOD that costs lots of money to generate, transmit and distribute.

Until Nigerians quit seeing electricity as something owed to them and start paying for it, we will remain doomed to darkness...
Irony is that folks who do not want to pay cost-reflective tariffs to DISCOs will freely spend LOTS MORE money on gens and diesel. Penny wise.
>
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by JozzyMayana: 8:46am On Mar 18, 2020
The 30 billion gang Boss Davido, will pay for the 3 countries
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by themanderon: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2020
Put your citizens in darkness perpetually and give steady supply to so called "international customers ", that is typical of Nigeria. A messed up nation at war with its citizens.
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by ShattaBandles: 11:50am On Mar 18, 2020
They should just hand over the debt to China as part of our payment
Re: Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity by shoprite: 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Na small money na . . .make dem go ask Davido ! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice / IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Militants Bomb Agip Pipeline In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.