Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,066 members, 7,953,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:04 PM

Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? (1394 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / What Made You Decide To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by alagha: 11:17am On Dec 24, 2010
in issues at family table our women sometimes always wants theres on a must.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by justwise(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2010
alagha:

Yes she have to have a say in family issues, she is part of the family and have the right to air her view.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Eveoeve(f): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
Yes, your wife can suggest, decide in conjuction with you, and influence decisions in the home. Thats why she is the wife and mother in the home

www.naturekay..com
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by freecocoa(f): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
Eveoeve:

Yes, your wife can suggest, decide in conjuction with you, and influence decisions in the home. Thats why she is the wife and mother in the home
Couldn't have said it better.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by alagha: 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
how?
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Outstrip(f): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2011
Is she the family dog? Whose family is she supposed to have an input in if not her own
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by chic2pimp(m): 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2011
alagha:

Well she must always be there. Tbh, she should never be there.

Also, May I kindly suggest to you the next time you are having a family discussion, lock her up in the dog's cage and replace her with Bingo the dog.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Peaches12: 5:57am On Apr 10, 2011
duhhhhhhh, please don't tell me some men think like this. um, she did give to your children right?
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Thirst4Lif: 6:42am On Apr 10, 2011
You're eating food she prepared. I'd listen to her if I were you. She might decide to include some special

ingredients just for YOU in your dish.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Brite02(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2011
poster,
firstly she's not your slave that you order here & there. For gawd sake when you married her both of became 1, so any decision to be taken you got to listen to her own side of the matter, then you can come to a logical conclusion. I'd advise listen to her. . .never understimate the power of a woman. Even though she's block headed up stairs something good can come out 'nazareth'
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by alagha: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2011
good talk cool
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by spyder880(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2011
Women, if your husband is the type that apreciates your input into family decisions, then by all means suggest and help out in decision making in the various aspects of marriage. But if he is the despot, please dont drag the control with him, sit back and allow him delude himself that he is in full control, one day he may creep back and seek for your opinion after a silly mistake from him. Mind the domestic stuff and master that section completely, but remind him of business/general points periodically, without sounding controlling. My own wife will not say a word in the general family meeting including my peeps, she agrees with every point. (I know she is strategizing and avoiding being blamed, when asked to suggest, she repeats my stand on all issues)
Men are so proud, allow us to wallow in our ignorance and self belief.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by ifyalways(f): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2011
Hmmmmn

OP,Take it easy and try looking inwards for a lasting and permanent solution assuming u and ur threads are NOT fake

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=635826.msg8079842#msg8079842

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-634182.0.html
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by alagha: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2011
okay,  cool still watching.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Angolobabe(f): 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
Every decision in marriage are 50-50 not by one person. ur wife have every right to express her view ,concern.

Nothing get done in my house without my input ,infact my hubby dont make any decision without asking me first.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by OAM4J: 1:49am On Apr 12, 2011
50-50? I hear you. And I hope the 50-50 includes all other family responsibilities including financial contributions.

My concern is; in a case where both do not agree, who has the final say? or should the matter be left pending/abandoned?
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Angolobabe(f): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2011
OAM4J:

50-50? I hear you. And I hope the 50-50 includes all other family responsibilities including financial contributions.

My concern is; in a case where both do not agree, who has the final say? or should the matter be left pending/abandoned?

What makes u think your wife is not contributing in your marriage? she does the chores at home and take care of the kids if u have any plus she takes care of u, dont u know that that alone is a full-time job  shocked ?? or do u think its easy to take care of kids,chores and husband who wants his ego satisfied grin? and hardly help out at home with kids and house chores ??

Final decision is based on what u both agree on mutually that will benefit both not just one person. wink let it remain pending until u both come into agreement there is nothing that cant be resolved in a marraige if there is love one will surelly submit to the other,if u want all final decison to be just on u then your a very controlling person  lipsrsealed
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Brite02(m): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2011
In the end after GOD, a woman can make you or break you wink so please listen to her suggestion carefully. I'd advise marry a good wife. .
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by alagha: 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2011
are they nt the same as in women?
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by spyder880(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
Brite02:

In the end after GOD, a woman can make you or break you wink so please listen to her suggestion carefully. I'd advise marry a good wife. .

Marrying a good wife is not really as important as being a good man.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by Shinatu: 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2011
spyder880:

Women, if your husband is the type that apreciates your input into family decisions, then by all means suggest and help out in decision making in the various aspects of marriage. But if he is the despot, please dont drag the control with him, sit back and allow him delude himself that he is in full control, one day he may creep back and seek for your opinion after a silly mistake from him. Mind the domestic stuff and master that section completely, but remind him of business/general points periodically, without sounding controlling. My own wife will not say a word in the general family meeting including my peeps, she agrees with every point. (I know she is strategizing and avoiding being blamed, when asked to suggest, she repeats my stand on all issues)
Men are so proud, allow us to wallow in our ignorance and self belief.

@Spider880

lol.You made me laugh with this.
But what do you do when you see all what you have worked for about to go down the drains because of his 'ignorance and self belief?
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by NAJALYN: 3:52pm On Apr 14, 2011
Your wife is your partner not your housemaid. There are occasions you discuss important family matters with her and get very good advise from her. Men are proud and want to take credit for everything. But for the sake of peace and harmony in the home, the man should not sidetrack his wife when taking decisions that affect the family. Remember the adage, "two good heads are better than one."
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by NAJALYN: 3:53pm On Apr 14, 2011
Your wife is your partner not your housemaid. There are occasions you discuss important family matters with her and get very good advise from her. Men are proud and want to take credit for everything. But for the sake of peace and harmony in the home, the man should not sidetrack his wife when taking decisions that affect the family. Remember the adage, "two good heads are better than one."
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by SALady(f): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Topic, she must suggest and both of you must decide.
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by ifyalways(f): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2011
alagha:

okay,  cool still watching.
How far with the man-power thing,Mama Ijebu ? wink
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2011
She is allowed to suggest which sexual position we assume in bed
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by alagha: 11:49am On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu:

She is allowed to suggest which sexual position we assume in bed
orisirisi lipsrsealed
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by rully2: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
alagha:

orisirisi lipsrsealed

Orisirisi abi orisirisi
Re: Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ? by palma(f): 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
OAM4J:

Hmmmmmm if you want the woman to share financial responsibilities equally then be ready to share domestic chores equally too including doing the babies pampers and backing them lipsrsealed

Yes the woman's views are important also cuz if her hubby takes the wrong step and she doesn't stop him on time they will both definitely dance to the tune. Women are not slaves, they have brains too, so to think that as a man you are the only decision maker then you must be a stupid chauvinist male who isn't fit to keep a home.

(1) (Reply)

She Confessed Infidelity To Him / Where Did You Meet Your Partner? / Calling Your Mum's Big Brother "Uncle": Despicable Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.