Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. (6474 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC / House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Who decides what level is unacceptable? Like the many OLE's in APGA, ACN etc, Bankole has yet to be convicted of any financial crimes. Most of his stealing was probably done LEGITIMATELY so, I am not certain why you are trying to single him out in some way as if he stole money illegally like many of those in ACN as well have been accused of doing. Fashola turning out to be a good politician does not mean ACN as a party is clean and all. I mean one could also claim that the record of PDP governors like Amaechi, Sullivan etc absolves PDP party. That is just irrational no matter which way you try to paint it.

There are no Saintly parties out there, but DISCRIMINATING against the man simply on the grounds that you think he is a bigger ole is just wrong and I bet he can sue if that even happens. ROFLMAO!

True.

If it's discrimination, so be it. We, the ACN of all ACN, do not want Bank-of-Ole in our midst. ah ahn, shey by force ni.

A question to you: How does changing party process go? Do they just get accepted or do they go in without any entrance force? undecided
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Dec 25, 2010
You are best asking Orji in Abia State who successfully moved over to APGA, and I believe he moved back again in no time. ROFLMAO!!

Not certain how it is done in Nigeria but I doubt their record really counts for much judging by the way these people move from one to the other with no care at all. I mean if there was some serious vetting system in place, I doubt many of these politicians will be able to move around as freely as they continue to.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You are best asking Orji in Abia State who successfully moved over to APGA, and I believe he moved back again in no time. ROFLMAO!!

Not certain how it is done in Nigeria but I doubt their record really counts for much judging by the way these people move from one to the other with no care at all. I mean if there was some serious vetting system in place, I doubt many of these politicians will be able to move around as freely as they continue to.

I thought you of all people would know [and I meant that sincerely smiley ].

I really dont get the point of switching fro one party to another. . . .it gets nothing done either way. Or does the salary differ from each party?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Dec 25, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I thought you of all people would know [and I meant that sincerely  smiley ].

I really dont get the point of switching fro one party to another. . . .it gets nothing done either way. Or does the salary differ from each party? 

What we see happening today is nothing new . . . . this is election tactic that has been going on in Nigeria for a while now and it is time we learn that these people switching parties willy nilly are doing it mostly for selfish reasons.

These politicians understand that they need to align themselves with the winning team in order to maintain/remain in power. And so, with the PDP Quagmire, it makes sense that the lower end members will find their way to any other party that can help guarantee them a seat come next election. Even mere officers are doing the same. . .  they are out in the thousands trying to make for themselves friends who will help them back in next election. Why do you think ACN is even opening up to Buhari? It is probably cause they have come to realize that the Ribadu fad is probably not going to take them all the way come April. I think the main question we ought to be asking and maybe concern ourselves more with is what is in this for the Nigerian people? Like I have said before, it doesn't behoove us to cast our vote for any one party at this time.

It appears we will be better off voting INDIVIDUALS who at least have proven records, then when we mature a bit more, we can then vote parties.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What we see happening today is nothing new . . . . this is election tactic that has been going on in Nigeria for a while now and it is time we learn that these people switching parties willy nilly are doing it mostly for selfish reasons. These politicians understand that they need to align themselves with the winning team in order to maintain/remain in power. And so, with the PDP Quagmire, it makes sense that the lower end members will find their way to any other party that can help guarantee them a seat come next election. Even mere officers are doing the same. . . they are out in the thousands trying to make for themselves friends who will help them back in next election. Why do you think ACN is even opening up to Buhari? It is probably cause they have come to realize that the Ribadu fad is probably not going to take them all the way come April.

Your thoughts coincided with mines.

However, I'd also like to know if the salary varies from party to party.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by axeman85(m): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
ACN never allign themselves with rogue politicians. the likes of bankola should not be accepted into the party for the sake of them keeping their integrity and standing for what they are known for which is outstanding excellence and performance. all what these guys are doing in just purely for selfish reasons as they want to wiin at all cost. jst merely reading the article the reasons they are giving for decamping is just for them to be able to contest and win.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
axeman85:

ACN never allign themselves with rogue politicians. the likes of bankola should not be accepted into the party for the sake of them keeping their integrity and standing for what they are known for which is outstanding excellence and performance. all what these guys are doing in just purely for selfish reasons as they want to wiin at all cost. jst merely reading the article the reasons they are giving for decamping is just for them to be able to contest and win.

It may actually be more about emasculating the PDP than anything else. As far as I know, and I stand to be correctd , if Bankole and 70 PDP lawmakers decamp to the ACN they will become ACN lawmakers. If the ACN is to grow into an influential Party it needs numbers where it matters. Akunyili and Bankole may just be a small number of those moving away from a sinking ship . The word is that Bankole feels he cannot win under GEJ with how Mr. President is willing to back OGD all the way and against anyone.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21952:2011-pdp-to-lose-more-heavyweights&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101

2011: PDP To Lose More Heavyweights .

Saturday, 25 December 2010 02:45 Andrew Oota, Abuja .

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, Senate leader, Teslim Folarin, as well as many other lawmakers may already be on their way to the Action Congress of Nigeria following developments in the ruling Peoples Democratic Party in their various states, where there is a battleline between them and their state governors, LEADERSHIP WEEKEND gathered on good authority.

LEADERSHIPWEEKEND reliably gathered that other lawmakers also planning to defect to the Action Congress of Nigeria include Senators Chris Anyanwu (Imo) George Akume (Benue) as wells as Sylvester Anyanwu (Imo).

It was learnt that presently, the four lawmakers are already in secret talks with the national leadership of the Action Congress of Nigeria, including the former Lagos State governor, Ahmed Bola Tinubu who promise to provide smooth entry of the PDP bigwigs.

On his part, it was gathered that Speaker Bankole may be switching parties with 70 lawmakers in no distant time everything being equal.

It was also reliably gathered that Bankole’s state governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel is willing to lose his senatorial ambition than to allow the speaker retain his seat in the House of Representatives. Bakari Idowu, an aide to the speaker, however, denied that the speaker was planning to leave the PDP. “It is not true at all. He is the highest political office holder in the South-West, so why should he leave, he has not indicated such interest,” he said.

LEADERSHIP WEEKEND also gathered that the Ogun State governor, who is the South-West coordinator of president Goodluck Jonathan’s 2011 presidential campaign, has left no one in doubt, including the President, of his interest and plans to stop Bankole, a fact EADERSHIP WEEKEND learnt the speaker is already familiar with.

But sources close to the speaker told LEADERSHIP WEEKEND on condition of anonymity that, “it is true that oga would soon leave that evil party, because the governor is bent on stopping him, the president is aware of this and he is doing nothing to save the speaker, so what do you expect him to do. He cannot continue to remain in a party where there is no fairness. Look at what happened to Ghali Na’Abba in 2003, that is exactly what they want to do because, even if the speaker is able to win at the primaries, they will still stop him at the general elections, because Jonathan believes that the governor is the only person that can make him win Ogun State. So he does not really care.

“What I know for sure is that the speaker is leaving the PDP, but where he is going is what I can not say for now. But I believe that with the popularity of the ACN in the South-West, he would certainly embrace the that party. And I am telling you that the party will be happy to have him in its fold”.

It was also gathered that the Senate leader, Teslim Folarin, is also having serious discussions with both the Oyo chapter and national secretariat of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) which would soon witness his formal defection in PDP over same perceived plans by the state governor, Alao-Akala to stop him returning to the Senate in 2011.

Since the death of the strong Ibadan politician, late Lamidi Adedibu, his in-law, the senate leader, has been experiencing turbulence in the politics of the state under the leadership of Chief Alao-Akala as governor.

LEADERSHIP WEEKEND gathered that the governor has also vowed to do everything humanly possible to stop the Senate leader; hence Senator Folarin would soon be joining the ACN.

Same for the two senators from Imo State: Chris Anyanwu and Sylvester Anyanwu, who are presently having rough times with the Imo State governor, Ikedi Ohakim.

The State governor was recently quoted as saying that Osita Izunaso is the only senator from Imo State.

Speaking to LEADERSHIP WEEKEND, Ethelbert Okere, the governor’s special assistant on public enlightenment , denied that the governor had favourites, “Our local government primaries have just been adjudged the best nationwide. This is made so because Governor Ohakim backed no one in particular. He has also said people should select and back their candidates. He has anointed nobody and he has not condemned anyone”, he said.

For Senator George Akume who was recently demoted in Senate Committee chairmanship to vice chairman, LEADERSHIP WEEKEND gathered that his defection had no direct link with the state governor, Honourable Gabriel Suswam. It was gathered that the entrance of a member of the House of Representatives, Honourable Terngu Tsegba, into the race and the closeness of the House member to the governor had posed serious threats to the re-election of Senator Akume.

Although the Benue State governor has not engaged his predecessor in any open quarrel or done anything to suggest that he does not want Akume back to the Senate, his silence is another source of worry to the former governor.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by anonimi: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2010
we do not have principles-based politicians anymore, whether they are progressive, conservatives, mainstream, sidestream etc. what we have is a single party system of AGIP - any government in power. how do we change things? by getting MORE involved:

Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by juman(m): 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2010
If this news is true, the end of PDP is near. PDP = Failure.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by juman(m): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2010
ACN leaders should be careful, may be these people are sent by OBJ to be elected on the platform of ACN and change back to PDP. They may be sent to disorganise ACN.  PDP politicians are not trustworthy.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by rasputinn(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2010
Has he not JOINTED undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2010
juman:

ACN leaders should be careful, may be these people are sent by OBJ to be elected on the platform of ACN and change back to PDP. They may be sent to disorganise ACN.  PDP politicians are not trustworthy.

The entire world is now savvy about the modus operandi of OBJ - the originator of "do-or-die" politics and "operation totality" . The SW region generally wants to see the back of retrogressive politicians and I predicted , ages ago on this forum, what we are now seeing today . OBJ is finished . Non of his crude machinations of yester years will work today . Folks are on to him. He will not get a chance to mess us up again and he will never get a chance to redeem his odious image.

Bankole , if he moves to the ACN , is simply doing what he must to survive. The hatred between Bankole and OGD is real . Leave both in a room and only one will emerge alive. They have nearly come to blows several times . If Bankole himself is not a powerful man with good protection , OGD would have 'dealth' with him. Those who know OGD and what he is capable of will know what I mean. I think the PDP will fight tooth and nail to prevent Bankole defecting but the more I think about it the more I conclude that Bankole is left with no option. OGD and OBJ are essentially the same . They hate enduringly and their l.ust for vengeance never diminishes with time. Bankole will be aware that he is finished without powerful public office. With OGD enjoying the highly biased support of desperate GEJ , Bankole may have no option but to make this move for reasons of surviving persecution against a deadly foe. Bankole will be aware that OGD , at this point in time , will get anything he wants from GEJ. Bankole would be a fool to wait around while his biggest enemy has the total support and backing of the Presidency.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by damipaul(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ogun State would be lucky to have Dimeji has Governor, but nah, don't think Dimeji's interested in that seat, he's got his eyes on a bigger seat.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
dami_paul:

Ogun State would be lucky to have Dimeji has Governor, but nah, don't think Dimeji's interested in that seat, he's got his eyes on a bigger seat.

For Dimeji, given the prevailing political situation and arrangements, what bigger position can he realistically aspire to ? President and VP are out of the question. Senate Presidency is also on lock down - more or less . He either stays put in his current silly Job where he is , daily , a 'tool' subject to the dictates of others or he can try to be a Governor and lord of his own domain with the chance to wield real influence and transformational power . That Bankole wants to be Governor of Ogun State badly is the worst kept secret in Nigerian politics.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2010
axeman85:

Denial is a bad thing, you know? ACN does align itself with and beds some of the rogues we have in that nation. Ofcourse they want to win at all cost, and this is no different from the ACN practice of the past. As much as I am fed up with the PDP nonsense, I believe we ought to tell ourselves the truth of all the other parties so we do not fall down the same hole we are trying to crawl out of.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by ekubear1: 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2010
@Gbawe: I enjoyed reading your posts. Very informative.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
eku_bear:

@Gbawe: I enjoyed reading your posts. Very informative.

Thank you my brother .
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by damipaul(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
@Gbawe, would you rather be a Gov and have dominion over a state or be the speaker and influence 36 states. Dimeji doesn't need to be Gov to deal with Gbenga, go ask Gbenga what he's going thru in Dimeji's hands.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2010
dami_paul:

@Gbawe, would you rather be a Gov and have dominion over a state or be the speaker and influence 36 states. Dimeji doesn't need to be Gov to deal with Gbenga, go ask Gbenga what he's going thru in Dimeji's hands.

This is not accurate . Bankole's "influence" is , in reality, not what some of us think it is . The senate and house of Rep are the most frustrating places for achievers, progressives and reform-minded politicians to find themselves in. The legislative arm of Nigeria is badly in need of reform because for far too long it has attracted indolent men and women who are the representatives of themselves and the various interest groups and cabal that have sponsored them to power  . It is a house divided against itself where good intentions never win against expediency and self-servitude. This is why we dont see the smooth passage of bills that can accelerate the development of Nigeria .  If Bankole , as per his youth , is not totally jaded and if he still has any decency in him then he will be fed up with existing in an environment of non-stop 'horsetrading' where one man cannot make a difference because his good intentions , if it goes againt the interest of his colleagues and their sponsors, will always be shot down.

As a Governor , Bankole would be able to make a difference at least as far as his State is concerned . It si interesting you think OGD is having a tough time with Bankole because I don't see what you see. Bankole instigated the Rep to give Ogun State Assembly an ultimatum. The Reps threatened to take over Ogun Assembly after a period if OGD's is not stopped several weeks ago . What has happened ? Nada !!! Dimeji and his colleagues blinked first despite their "national power" !!! The result of those sort of tussle will , if anything, convince Bankole that Governors are powerful . We forget that Bankole is young. Unlike old and jaded Dinosaurs like OBJ, Anenih , Danjuma et al , Dimeji still has time to grow tired of existing in a place where he can never achieve anything positive for his nation.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by anonimi: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2010
@Gbawe
almost everything is right about your analysis EXCEPT where you somehow imagine that Bankole has any desire of achieving anything for "his nation".
the young man is thorough bred rogue like most of the other current day politicians since most of us are content with armchair analysis rather than registering to vote and encouraging other to do likewise.
we will not matter to the politicians except they know we can determine their fate to some extent. QED
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2010
anonimi:

@Gbawe
almost everything is right about your analysis EXCEPT [b]where you somehow imagine that Bankole has any desire of achieving anything for "his nation".[/b]the young man is thorough bred rogue like most of the other current day politicians since most of us are content with armchair analysis rather than registering to vote and encouraging other to do likewise.
we will not matter to the politicians except they know we can determine their fate to some extent. QED

I am no fan of Bankole at all and I have criticised his conducts many time on Nairaland. Nothing , nonetheless , is set in stone with Nigerian politics . Bankole is still young enough to have a change of mind or ideology. He is still young enough to be prickled by his conscience . Unlike OBJ , for example , Bankole is still young enough to give a damn about stinging criticism against his person and leadership. In Nigerian politics we generally do not have saints . We generally just have devils who are better than each other.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by damipaul(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
My brother, don't view/see things from the surface, the house did give an ultimatum concerning the crises in Ogun house, that you've not seen Dimeji and Daniel fight physically or exchange words doesn't mean the house is not taking it's ultimatum seriously. Can't say more than that
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by apoti(m): 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2010

Another source told SaharaReporters that Governor Daniel has completely marginalized former President Olusegun Obasanjo and a former minister of his, Jubrin Martins Kuye. “Chief Obasanjo wants [former military administrator] Olurin, Governor Daniel wants Isiaka Gboyega, and Bankole has to search for a new platform to actualize his ambition,” an insider told Saharareporters.

What's even between Obasanjo and this Olurin sef
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2010
dami_paul:

My brother, don't view/see things from the surface, the house did give an ultimatum concerning the crises in Ogun house, that you've not seen Dimeji and Daniel fight physically or exchange words doesn't mean the house is not taking it's ultimatum seriously. Can't say more than that

To be honest , I was hoping to see the House make good on their threat because Gbenga Daniels illegality should not be allowed to stand . It sets a bad precedence of lawlessness . Sadly , we have the unique situation of a weak and desperate incumbent President throwing a spanner in the works against due process in an attempt to realise , IMO, a doomed ambition. We all know that all arms of Government should be working in synergy to deal with Gbenga Daniel. He is creating a problem for the entire nation with his venture into uncharted lawless territory others political gangsters will want to emulate.

I think Bankole grew frustrated to the extent that he compelled the Reps to act and that was why we saw the threat from the House against the Ogun Assembly. I am almost certain that Bankole was reprimanded by the Presidency over his attempt to move against OGD. This would explain why the threat against OGD died with a whimper . At the very least , this may be one of the reasons Bankole may be seeking a move away from the PDP i.e the Speaker of the House realises that , under Jonathan, he will always lose out to Mr. President's campaign coordinator for the SW region - Gbenga Daniel.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by iyke619: 8:44pm On Dec 25, 2010
Bankole's move to ACN to me is a political suicide because he may end up not "capturing" the Guber ticket there and becoming stranded,  because ACN is nt PDP where internal democracy is lacking. And failure to do so will put his political career on a down slide which may be too hard to remedy. Look at what Atiku is facing in PDP because he failed to bid his time in PDP ,but instead choose to prostitute with ACN. My advise to Bankole, is that he is still a very young man with time on his side, he should bid his time until an opportune time in the future when his oppressors like Daniel have left power, then he can make another bid for the Governorship, now his should seek to return as speaker or at least remain a legislator, "a patient dog always get the fattest bone"
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by MrChyz: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
Failed man for a failed state.Good match. grin
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2010
Gbawe:

This is not accurate . Bankole's "influence" is , in reality, not what some of us think it is . The senate and house of Rep are the most frustrating places for achievers, progressives and reform-minded politicians to find themselves in. The legislative arm of Nigeria is badly in need of reform because for far too long it has attracted indolent men and women who are the representatives of themselves and the various interest groups and cabal that have sponsored them to power  . It is a house divided against itself where good intentions never win against expediency and self-servitude. This is why we dont see the smooth passage of bills that can accelerate the development of Nigeria .  If Bankole , as per his youth , is not totally jaded and if he still has any decency in him then he will be fed up with existing in an environment of non-stop 'horsetrading' where one man cannot make a difference because his good intentions , if it goes againt the interest of his colleagues and their sponsors, will always be shot down.

As a Governor , Bankole would be able to make a difference at least as far as his State is concerned . It si interesting you think OGD is having a tough time with Bankole because I don't see what you see. Bankole instigated the Rep to give Ogun State Assembly an ultimatum. The Reps threatened to take over Ogun Assembly after a period if OGD's is not stopped several weeks ago . What has happened ? Nada !!! Dimeji and his colleagues blinked first despite their "national power" !!! The result of those sort of tussle will , if anything, convince Bankole that Governors are powerful . We forget that Bankole is young. Unlike old and jaded Dinosaurs like OBJ, Anenih , Danjuma et al , Dimeji still has time to grow tired of existing in a place where he can never achieve anything positive for his nation.
Gbawe:

The entire world is now savvy about the modus operandi of OBJ - the originator of "do-or-die" politics and "operation totality" . The SW region generally wants to see the back of retrogressive politicians and I predicted , ages ago on this forum, what we are now seeing today . OBJ is finished . Non of his crude machinations of yester years will work today . Folks are on to him. He will not get a chance to mess us up again and he will never get a chance to redeem his odious image.

Bankole , if he moves to the ACN , is simply doing what he must to survive. The hatred between Bankole and OGD is real . Leave both in a room and only one will emerge alive. They have nearly come to blows several times . If Bankole himself is not a powerful man with good protection , OGD would have 'dealth' with him. Those who know OGD and what he is capable of will know what I mean. I think the PDP will fight tooth and nail to prevent Bankole defecting but the more I think about it the more I conclude that Bankole is left with no option. OGD and OBJ are essentially the same . They hate enduringly and their l.ust for vengeance never diminishes with time. Bankole will be aware that he is finished without powerful public office. With OGD enjoying the highly biased support of desperate GEJ , Bankole may have no option but to make this move for reasons of surviving persecution against a deadly foe. Bankole will be aware that OGD , at this point in time , will get anything he wants from GEJ. Bankole would be a fool to wait around while his biggest enemy has the total support and backing of the Presidency.

Interesting.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2010
Mr.Chyz:

Failed man for a failed state.Good match. grin

I have to say it at this point . . .This from you?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by MrChyz: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I have to say it at this point . . .This from you?

Anything wrong?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Gbawe: 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2010
apoti:

What's even between Obasanjo and this Olurin sef

It is the Military thing. OBJ , when not in power, does not embrace achievers or progressive folks who have their own minds and convictions . He prefers either outright criminals or his former Military pals . OBJ only promoted achievers like Okonjo-Iweala , while in power, because he looked good through the efforts of those guys . When OBJ is out of power he is like a vengeful entity who is only happy to see Nigeria chaotic so that most folks continue to proclaim him the "best" . OBJ's many insecure rants against Awolowo is the biggest clue that the man hates for others to be acknowledged . The wickedness and anti-Yoruba mien of OBJ can be gleened from how he admitted callously that what awolowo chased relentlessly (to lead Nigeria) for all his life he achieved with ease twice. That statement explains the dangerous mentality of a man who believes that those who want to lead with every fibre of their being should be denied leadership positions in favour of misrulers and looters with no passion for office. In that context , it is perfectly understandable that OBJ is backing Olurin - a relic from the past.

Give OBJ a thousand chances to pick a president between Donald Duke, Fashola and Yar Adua and rest assured OBJ , a thousand times, will pick Yar adua or another "underwhelming" leader like GEJ.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

KoboJ, make we no fight for this christmas o angry

I say Ole get level. Even your Obama is an ole. Even JESUS was an OLE. You see, ole get level.

Bankole in PDP is trouble. He should decamp to APGA
[/quote
I have been enjoying this topic but you have made it , Pease mind your words.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. by MAYOWAAK: 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2010
I don't know why we give credence to these jokers who have stolen their way into the corridors of power. it is obvious they have no ideology by which they operate. Their main aim is to plunder our common wealth and they will dance to who ever gives them that opportunity. Bankole has acheived nothing as the speaker and desperately wants to maintain his pay check which keeps him in the latest cars, and will do everything to maintain the status quo. it's not about Nigeria or Nigerians. They plunder while the masses suffer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos / Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA / FG To Reintroduce Toll Gates Over Bad Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.