Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,936 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents (107489 Views)

15-Year-Old Kenyan Student Commits Suicide In Classroom, Leaves Suicide Note / Woman Excited As She Marries Her Jamb Lesson Teacher / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Brunicekid(m): 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
Reuben700:

Why did you have so such wat of me this happened to I have exam today but the keke I was in the pick my wallet which included my print out and there was no cyber cafe around there before I could get things done the officials told me that I am late and refused to let me in
Please is there anything I can do about it
Lodge a complain in any Jamb Office around.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Joannicky(f): 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hmmmm..
I hate stories like this..
It can be avoided..
I have promised myself to not let my kids have a taste of what I went through..
I wrote waec twice and jamb twice... My dad just urged me to try harder and my mum??
She made life hell for me.
I contemplated suicide severally..
I ran away from home and I came back.
Till last 2 years, mum always made sure at any slightest provocation to remind me of my failures..
Now I don't know what exactly promoted her to commit suicide but this might be a factor or not�.
I'm glad I didn't commit suicide then.. Bottom line is..
Parents should bring their kids closer than usual..
Stop blaming your kids for a failure or more forever. Speak to them often, have this relationship with your kids and even in failure, make sure to let them know they tried their best and can do more..
May her soul rest in peace, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Reuben700: 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
Brunicekid:
I have the said student who missed it won’t rewrite it
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by wasi9ice: 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Zaineb was very stupid before she died,
What on Earth is worth dieing for?
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Izongdave(m): 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2020
Why she no folo give us the sniper?1
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by majilore(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
borngeologist:
Me wey kin write waec 3 times gce once.. Neco once.. I do A level all my mate all did well.. I came out with a bad grades.. Wrote jamb like more than four times.. What should I now do.. Back then people that I even taught don even graduate me still dey battle to pass waec.. I just thank God for my life now.. Am not rich but not begging anybody for anything.. Even the graduate all call me boss.. I will never relent me I know say I go still become a graduate no matter what.. Abeg make I go take chilled star radler
your post is touching. keep on moving on
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by JastSiryin(m): 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
mankan2k7:
I have been in her shoes, not an easy thing to know u are spending another year at home

My story

I registered for Jamb in the year 2001, seeking admission into one of Nigeria university. I prepared well for this exam, attended many lessons and tutorials to pass gallantly.

I have had all my waec subjects d previous years with 4 As. I remembered my teachers in our lesson always telling others to emulate me and come close to me for explanations anywhere they have difficulties in these subjects vis a vis physics, chemistry and Biology. I was really on fire then. lol.

Gradually the examination day came, I took my bath, ate, and I was ready to go to my centre. I then proceeded to take my photo card where I securely kept it inside a well secure file, because we will use it as a passport to sit for the exam and identification too. Alas, my photo card was nowhere to be found. I ransacked the whole house, I could not find it. I cried, I prayed, all these could not produced my photo card.

I went to the examination centre to tell d supervisor if they will considered me and allow me write the exam, but I met d opposite,I was chased out of the examination hall. I almost ran mad that day, a lot of thought was coming to my mind to commit suicide.

Thank God for my mum of her blessed memory who consoled me despite labouring to find the exam money for me. She kept her eyes on me throughout that week, she gave me pounded yam and encouraged me to keep pressing on.

She went the following week to obtain Lautech predegree form for me. Then, I have not heard about Lautech. She was my pillar and saving angel who prevented me from doing the unthinkable. RIP mummy
So touching. Your mom was an angel smiley
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
So sad
She could have played football
She played football in secondary school. I wondered why she did it to herself. She was my student in secondary sch.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by OLA4CHRIST1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
RIP
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Legendguru: 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
Sad
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by egopersonified(f): 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
In her pain, she still willed the only property that is hers to Yusuf.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Jamaall(m): 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
#waec and neco combined,you passed
# preparation for jamb,you passed
#post Utme, you passed
#admission another bege.
#caurse of your choice they denied you
#acceptance fee, war.
#registration fee. Again ....
#poor,self-centered, and corrupt lecturers
# result,you've got to pay your way out....
NIGERIA.........?
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Fejimummy: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
no be everybody strong Sha!! higher education is sometimes overrated... although I have a degree now but failure can be overwhelming... I wrote jamb 5 times and when I finally got admission I got double , when I enter school nko missing results and file wahala enter, there was a time I was told that I was no longer a student of the university ,thank God for my supportive parents are friends na another story person for be.. I spent 8 years for a 5 years course but my daddy was my rock Kai God should continue to strengthen him for me . now that I am finally through I just sit and laugh about the whole thing I own my own business now I never worked for anybody because I was determined to practice on my own
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Oritsewhandey(m): 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
Melison:
No matter what happens u have to keep moving forward,I remember year 2014 I took jamb ppt and sat near a dude that has been sitting for jamb since 2007 mehn,I shock but he was there still giving himself a chance,there are many hurdles on the way,if u fail cry if that will make u better,weep but always remember that its okay to fail but never okay to give up,
All u have in life is ur breath nothing else counts once its gone,suicide is never am option,life is not for the faint hearted so man up and face it! Above all pray
Young ones, please if you did tried JAMB severally to no success, quickly search for Universities within West Africa. Admission process, better. A niece got into UNIVERSITY OF THE GAMBIA (UTG) with just her O' levels result, ALONE. Done graduating from faculty of law, this year. (LLB)
She had 204 in Jamb, the year she got admission into UTG.
Immediately look for Universities with W/A. Tuition is almost the same with most of Nigeria's universities. No to suicide please. God bless you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by seunlayi(m): 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
Iluvmycontr3:

Nice piece.
That is life inside life.... Life is hard compared to what?? If it is not tough then it is not life!

Thank you, it will be well with us all
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Beleljo(m): 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
She might rue the day when she checked her jamb result. she had toked action during anger thats the problem, may her rest in peace. But i sure you nigeria has lossed female military! She has left the sins......
So you that alive don't ever take something with anger or other emotion, avoid please
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Monday60655(m): 8:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
Well-done Zainab! Book haram brain at work. 7 virgin guys for you in hellfire
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Reuben700: 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
Brunicekid:
Please we the rescheduled my exam
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by klever18(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Reuben700:
Please we the rescheduled my exam
sorry to say .u should move on . nothing can be done
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Ezehmech: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
So sorry dear... I don't just get it why you took your own life.. tongue
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by taurusdude0(m): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
Coward coward coward
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by ghettochild4u(m): 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
This girl dey craze gan o.. Werey Lomo yi sha
Me that wrote jamb 5 times......
Go look Jamb records.. U go see my name from 2001 to 2006 only one year I no write... Still man no still see medicine do...
Well na she lose sha... For this sweet bitter life... She Don end her own chapter by herself... Lazy idiot
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
Oh my God!!!!
This isn't the way
My only brother/sibling has written Jamb 4 times(this year inclusive) and have never gotten up to 200. When he told us about this year's result,we all were extra calm and began encouraging him to try other prospects like Polythecnic before evil thoughts start entering his mind. The truth is, not everyone can bear the sting of repeated failure.May God punish the spirit behind suicide o
RIP dear
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 19, 2020
I wrote Jamb 3 times. Here I am a supervisor in my clinic. Na wa o.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by alleazardous(m): 7:41am On Mar 19, 2020
This is so sad, nothing is worth dieing for..life is too precious to waste it on something like jamb what should I have done? I school where my secondary school mate is a lecture but I didnt even think of that, life na turn by turn. Parents should encourage their children more, they should change their orientation towards schooling. I could vividly remember back then when my friends came home from school, we act like the same, play the same way we normally do and they keep encouraging me.... God bless my friends
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 19, 2020
Jamb that I was laughing that I failed. Even if your score is high the big men will still push you aside there is no need of passing. This country is worthless.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by illicit(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2020
There is hope for you if you score below 200 in this JAMB.
Enrol for A level (IJMB/JUPEB) programme now.
THIS WILL TAKE YOU DIRECTLY INTO 200 LEVEL IN YOUR UNIVERSITY OF CHOICE
CONTACT US ON FACEBOOK
https://mobile.facebook.com/NigerianStudentsConsultancy/?refid=11&ref=opera_speed_dial&__xts__%5B0%5D=11.%7B%22event%22%3A%22visit_page_tab%22%2C%22user_id%22%3A100000546218820%2C%22page_id%22%3A554241267940030%7D
Call or WhatsApp 07064550358

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LAUTECH Student's Leaked Sex Video: Story Behind The Sex Tape, The Girl Reacts / ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English / Female US Teacher Had Sex With Boy, 13, In Classroom & Even Moved Into His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.