Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (4366 Views)

Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed / Am Depressed And Keep Thinking About Dieing / My Wife Became Depressed And Commit Sucide When MMM Froze Accounts: Husband (pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by crackkhaus: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

You just have to face facts, being a single mother/father comes with a lot of consequences. Most people would not want to get involved with them.

I remember meeting an OAP when I was single, he was a local celebrity and was all over me. I was even catching feelings and falling for his moves already. He would play me love songs in his morning shows and do 'shout out' to me all day. It was wonderful . . . until I found out he had an 8-YO daughter.

You see I didn't see myself becoming a mother to an 8YO that wasn't mine. I just couldn't.

You can't judge people for the choices they make and the actions they take. That's why when you make a decision, you need to be ready to face the consequences.
This was so good to read

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

You just have to face facts, being a single mother/father comes with a lot of consequences. Most people would not want to get involved with them.

I remember meeting an OAP when I was single, he was a local celebrity and was all over me. I was even catching feelings and falling for his moves already. He would play me love songs in his morning shows and do 'shout out' to me all day. It was wonderful . . . until I found out he had an 8-YO daughter.

You see I didn't see myself becoming a mother to an 8YO that wasn't mine. I just couldn't.

You can't judge people for the choices they make and the actions they take. That's why when you make a decision, you need to be ready to face the consequences.
Wao
Re: . by faithfull18(f): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
cococandy:
If You let a social time line, time table, dead line or whatever you call it dictate your life you will never measure up.
My sentiments exactly, Who sets the standard to measure success?
Re: . by UjuJoan2: 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
easyconnect:
What if you were the one with the 8years old daughter and someone you love, look you straight in the eye and said he can not. How will you react?

But that's the thing about life, there are always trade-offs. If were a single mother to an 8YO, I definitely would understand if a man doesn't want to deal with all that. But I would never have found myself in a situation where I will be at a disadvantage, single mother or not.

I have I worked hard because I wanted to be the one doing the choosing . . . why then would I settle for something I don't want?

I have friends who got married as single mothers. But they were achievers in their own right, and the men didn't feel like they were doing them a favor.

1 Like

Re: . by UjuJoan2: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
crackkhaus:

This was so good to read

I know I may come off as a bit conceited, but I believe strongly in people proving themselves worthy.
Re: . by UjuJoan2: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
M00N:

TBH,we men find it hard to marry a woman with another man's child. We think of a lot of things like why didn't the father of her child marry her, what kind of life style led her to this and lot more questions like that. The truth is that having a child out of wedlock will reduce the number of suitors and those who even marry her will not want the child around him cause he see the child as extra baggage or only if he has a baggage of his own. It not easy to see a man who will love a woman and her child with another man. So I will suggest you pray to God to help you raise your child while you hope for a man that will love you and your child. Being a single mother always reduce a woman's chances of getting the man she wants because of the child, so unlike a single lady you don't get a lot of choice. Sorry if i sound
harsh

I agree, but I bet it would have been easier if she had a well-paid job or if she was from a wealthy family.

Admit it, people don't like taking chances when they have nothing to gain.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
easyconnect:
Some of you claiming we can't marry single mother are not even capable of loving yourself not to talk of loving a single lady. I blame the @op who brought her personal life here in the first place.
You don't need to be sorry. You are harsh already

I love myself sweetheart, so why the hate?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

I agree, but I bet it would have been easier if she had a well-paid job or if she was from a wealthy family.

Admit it, people don't like taking chances when they have nothing to gain.

I don't understand why some of this women do not want to understand that having a child outside marriage reduce the chance of them getting the men they want and the child can even cause interference to those who eventually get married. It is just the sad truth.
Re: . by crackkhaus: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

I know I may come off as a bit conceited, but I believe strongly in people proving themselves worthy.
Really? Conceit?
I sensed no such thing...

However, you are very guilty of being a realist with trace doses of pragmatism... this much is certain.
Re: . by UjuJoan2: 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
crackkhaus:

Really? Conceit?
I sensed no such thing...

However, you are very guilty of being a realist with trace doses of pragmatism... this much is certain.

So is that a trace of admiration I sense? grin grin

Anyways, thanks a lot for the compliment cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by UjuJoan2: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
M00N:

cheesy cheesy

I think that is the most important. . . . . You need to love yourself first.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2020
baby124:
You need to stop telling all these men about your so called curse. Some women meet men and all of a sudden they become best friends and start talking like tap. There is nothing they cannot say! Why won’t the men run away? Who wants a cursed wife?

If you know where your dad needed to sacrifice that goat you better go and find where to do the ritual so mentally you can be free. Sometimes you need to give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. Even though I don’t believe in this shits but just do it for your peace of mind to cancel that angle out.
Noted. Thank you
Re: . by Gloriagee(f): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
Don't do any ritual. I assure you that you won't be free. Pray, get a copy of Prayer rain, go to a Bible Believing church n pray. Gal 3:13 - Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us, cos it is written that cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree. Try n be sinless, confess the verse, pray n work on self improvement. Do new courses, start a post grad. There are no mistakes in God. Joel Osteen says if you missed out on Plan A, Gods got a Plan B, a Plan C. You are not a victim n dont see urself as such.

divaluvmiz:
Noted. Thank you

1 Like

Re: . by Raalsalghul: 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
travelland:

Mountain of Fire.

1 Like

Re: . by Raalsalghul: 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2020
easyconnect:
Some of you claiming we can't marry single mother are not even capable of loving yourself not to talk of loving a single lady. I blame the @op who brought her personal life here in the first place.
You don't need to be sorry. You are harsh already

Why're you riled up with his comments.

Same way most men wouldn't go for a single mother is the same way ladies avoid broke guys.

Stop blackmailing people for their choice.

To marry a single mother is not by force.

3 Likes

Re: . by Raalsalghul: 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Everyone has the right to their choice.

I know a lady who did not marry a single dad even though her own sister was a single mom.

True talk, everyone is entitled to their choice.

Don't know why that easyconnect babe is so worked up.

Re: . by Omar09(m): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Oyel deh your head.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

cheesy cheesy

I think that is the most important. . . . . You need to love yourself first.
So why your own hate?
Re: . by crackkhaus: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

So is that a trace of admiration I sense? grin grin

Anyways, thanks a lot for the compliment cheesy cheesy
Yes it is... smiley

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Thank you Sista Mi, people are hypocrites on this app. Which single lady will just carry her fine legs to marry a man with 8year old child, same for Men, why would any man dive into such union.

Most of those men are around her for free knacks, incase the opportunity arises.

What OP needs now is money to run her business, crowd funding from anywhere she can get.

If i was her, i would use this opportunity to tell people here the kind of business i am into and how they can support me. She is looking for Man that would come and carry all her problems away. Smh.
Re: . by crackkhaus: 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
truthsayer009:

Thank you Sista Mi, people are hypocrites on this app. Which single lady will just carry her fine legs to marry a man with 8year old child, same for Men, why would any man dive into such union.

Most of those men are around her are for free knacks, incase the opportunity arises.

What OP needs now is money to run her business, crowd funding from anywhere she can get.

If i was her, i would use this opportunity to tell people here the kind of business i am into and how they can support me. She is looking for Man that would come and carry all her problems away. Smh.
As usual with most of them...

3 Likes

Re: . by Mariangeles(f): 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Unless the girl's mother is still alive, I'd say you missed out.
All you had to do was give the relationship a chance and tried to know the little girl to see if you bonded...who knows?
Well, you never really loved the guy in the first place.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mariangeles:

Unless the girl's mother is still alive, I'd say you missed out.
All you had to do was give the relationship a chance and tried to know the little girl to see if you bonded...who knows?
Well, you never really loved the guy in the first place.

Love & Stupidity should not be used interchangeably.

UjuJoan2 you did well & I'm sure you are in a better place right now with your love life.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
crackkhaus:

As usual with most of them...

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
Raalsalghul:

True talk, everyone is entitled to their choice.

Don't know why that easyconnect babe is so worked up.
so worked up? I don't think so.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2020
M00N:

Hate for where? If you don't love yourself, who will help you love yourself?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Everyone has the right to their choice.

I know a lady who did not marry a single dad even though her own sister was a single mom.

Of course, what works for Mr. A may not work for Mr. B.
The point I'm making is, we need to be mindful of the way we respond to people's post. Some comments are too hash and hard on them and we may not really understand what they're going through.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
easyconnect:
Hate for where? If you don't love yourself, who will help you love yourself?

It seems you are confused that am talking about myself, am talking about you, why are you throwing so much of your hate weight around?
Re: . by Katier00(f): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
divaluvmiz:
I can't believe I've spent 10 good years of my life without achieving any meaningful thing.
I was young, with great potentials and vision. I graduated early. Everybody wants me, but I don't know how it turn out like this.
I'm 32 already.
I graduated 10 years ago yet, I don't have a good job, I don't have a good marriage.
I felt this is not my life. Is like there's a switch somewhere.
Years ago, my late dad told me to send him my personal earned money so he can use it to buy goat and make some sacrifice to nulify some things on my behalf, otherwise, I would not be able to get a job with my certificate and I can't get married. then I was pregnant and wanted to get married to my child's father who was my friend. but I told my father that i can not do that. Because I'm a child of God and i don't believe in all that. (My dad was not a Christian. He was diabolic) Shortly, he died.

To my greatest surprised, my friend whom we were so much in love, who begged me with everything to keep our first child and not to have an abortion, the same guy who took me to his family and decleared we're having a baby and we wants to get married, left after 7 months into my pregnancy without any reason.

This is 7years already and nothing exciting has happened to me.
The only thing I heard from him, is messages of appology, no fianancia support. Nothing.
Till date, I don't have a meaningful job, I've watched good friends who loved me still walk away to marry some other people.
The last was my best friend who just got married. He told me few days to his wedding how much he loved me.
(What surprised me was: why didn't he tell me all along?) He's been so good to me. Every member of my family know him and they loved him. Nothing he can't do for me.
I had to block him on my phone so he can concentrate on his new life Instead calling me always.
He's not the first person who truly loved me, but can't marry me. I'm always meeting good people, who can walk a mile for me, but they can't marry me for no reason and they can't let me go.
The one I love to be with, always walk away. The one I have no connection, no interest in, are the one around me.

I just woke up and realized that I've really wasted time without achieving anything.

Could it be there are powers beyond God?

Are they prayers God don't answer until we appeal traditional gods?
Are they sin beyound God's forgiveness?
I was innocent and in love, had pre-marital sex and had a baby outside weddlock. Is this beyond God's forgiveness no matter how I tried?
I have been praying and asking God to fix my life even if there's a family course that I knew nothing about. Yet, nothing positive have changed. is there something I'm not doing well?

I feel depressed.
I don't even know how to help myself

the right person is not here, the person that can go extra mile for is not yet in the picture.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
M00N:

It seems you are confused that am talking about myself, am talking about you, why are you throwing so much of your hate weight around?
My dear, good night jare. I don't have enough energy for any dramatic comments here.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 20, 2020
easyconnect:
My dear, good night jare. I don't have enough energy for any dramatic comments here.

Later sweetheart *kisses*
Re: . by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 20, 2020
Nigerians are very funny. People have a right to their choices. I wouldn't have married a very spiritual girl, neither would I have married a single mum. It's my choice and should be respected.

A young single mum without a job expecting to be wifed by a successful eligible man is asking for a lot. Can it happen? Yes. Is it rare? Yes. Sometimes we need to cut our expectations to tailor with our reality.

The Op should keep hope alive, keep pushing, someday you will get your financial breakthrough.
Stop longing for men who don't care about you. If you don't like the ones hovering around, stay single till your prince charming actually comes. If he doesn't, remain single.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice : My Elder Brothers' Wife Quarrels Me Unneccesarily / "I Am A Virgin, Therefore, I'm Classy." / Guess Who Is The Mother And Who Is The Daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.