Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

You Need To See This If You Are A Teacher Or Student - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Need To See This If You Are A Teacher Or Student (285 Views)

Graduate Loan Or Student Loan Which One Has A Better Economic Value / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need To See This If You Are A Teacher Or Student by Emmassible: 4:21am On Mar 18, 2020
At times teachers are partial; wonders shall never end. This happened in 2003/2004 but discovered by the student in 2020

Emmassible:
HOW MY TEACHER ROBBED ME OF MY HARD EARNED RESULT

The trend of receiving results not commensurate with ones actual input is not a new phenomenon in most developing states. A particular post graduate applicant requested for her transcript, only to discover that she had failed quiet a number of courses, hence, not qualified to further her education with the transcript, whereas she had already successfully graduated and issued certificate prior to this development.

Well, the fallibility of academic institutions, especially, in our dear Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Many students have been victims one way or the other of this avoidable endemic caused mainly by human error which has over time impacted negatively on the society and ultimately, lessen the reputation of those involve.

A young man, Ade (not real name for anonymity sake), disclosed how his Primary School Teacher robbed him of his real result.

In Ade's Primary Six first term result of 2003/2004 academic session sent to Emmassible, it could be observed that the grand total (weighted average) score written on Ade's report sheet is 1152/1500 as against the actual score of 1252/1500, hence the correct percentage score ought to be 83% rather than 77%. The report sheet further revealed that brilliant Ade had to settle for second position instead of coming top in the class, thereby missing out on the gift and bragging rights that always accompany first position. Many high flyers in higher institutions till date are not spared the blushes as they also have witnessed their fantastic grades such as first class, second class upper results, etc miscalculated to lower grades and vice versa. And like the Nigerian Supreme Court in the case of Imo State gubernatorial election, a review is almost impossible.

However, in most cases, teachers are perceived as role models by their respective students, no wonder pupils almost always believe that their teachers are infallible. For this reason, when teachers are unqualified: misrepresentation of facts and malpractices becomes the order of the day. It is expedient, therefore, that schools avoid putting round peg on square hole and square peg on round hole by employing services of qualified teachers and other important support staff. Notwithstanding, all these avoidable mistakes still occur today because many academic...
Follow the link below to continue reading:
https://emmassible..com/2020/03/how-my-teacher-robbed-me-of-my-hard.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Cisa June Diet 2020 / FREE TRAINING - How To Make Money Online During Corona Lockdown / Are You Going To Work On Monday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.