Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O (49379 Views)

Akin Abayomi: Most People Who Contract Coronavirus Don't Feel Sick / Did Any Chinese Doctor Invited To Nigeria Contract Coronavirus? (Fact Check) / 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Fernandeswagger(m): 1:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
Omoiyaologi25:
They have come again. Small time now guys with thick sperm are less likely to get corona

Why I'm I not surprised?! Does it relate with the pap you deliver? grin
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by perryy(m): 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
I can't remember the last time I treated malaria o

The guy na arrow. He is confusing genotype with blood group.

2 Likes

Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by paul100(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Origin:
But type O blood type have always been more prone to sickness than any other blood type.

And it's a known fact they get malaria more.
I don't believe this shit.I am O+ and i have not had malaria for 1year and some months
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
How your body heals after a scratch or wound determines how long your body can withstand any virus. Let’s all be careful I am O positive but my thoughts and prayers with all we will all fight this I reject it for anyone for me within 24 hours all wounds are sealed.

Vitamins matter lifestyle matters
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by AFONJACOW(m): 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
Please I want to know actual symptoms of this virus because am 0+ and AA genotype. , I work and live in One of these Arab con3s I won't mention the name for security purposes, my company is into ship repairing and most of our work are inshore and offshore which means meeting many crew from many countries, 2 weeks ago one of the ships docked for maintenance it Captain tested positive to conv19 and was quarantined, same day I start having symptoms, severe headache, body pains, weakness of the body, cold, nose running, cough, sore throat, all my mind was on covn19, I couldn't make my dinner that very night , I just laid on the bed very tired and worn out, I muster some courage and took slice of pizza and beverage, I then took Panadol because that's they easiest med u can lay ur hand in that country, I slept off the next two days I decided not to go to work, boss called I told him am off for couple of days , after 3 days my health improved and I resumed work, make I no lie about 8ppl in my building had same symptoms, one was my roommate and the guy living to the next doors, am perfect ok now because I increased my diet and eat alot of fruits & veggies, apart from the headache that is not steady and unserious sore throat that will worn out in couple of days because I no dey give am chance , garlic and Ginger full my bag 24/7 grin... None of my colleagues has tested positive or gone for test , but 1/3 of them went to hospital only this week, fear is another factor that control own minds , if ur immune defense system is strong it will put a strong resistance... My people abeg make unah dey pray for those of use living abroad ooo especially Asia countries
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by cRobo: 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Yep,cos we are B+-
grin

O+
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Lordave: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
GeneralPula:

But I’m type O and I hardly sick or have malaria undecided
You both are wrong!

It’s AA genotype not Type “O” blood group.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Omar09(m): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2020
Acidosis:

Who's your science teacher? Olamide or Naira Marley?

Mine is Zlatan Ibiliemovic
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Tunagee(m): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
Omoiyaologi25:
They have come again. Small time now guys with thick sperm are less likely to get corona
grin
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Lordave: 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
AFONJACOW:
Please I want to know actual symptoms of this virus because am 0+ and AA genotype. , I work and live in One of these Arab con3s I won't mention the name for security purposes, my company is into ship repairing and most of our work are inshore and offshore which means meeting many crew from many countries, 2 weeks ago one of the ships docked for maintenance it Captain tested positive to conv19 and was quarantined, same day I start having symptoms, severe headache, body pains, weakness of the body, cold, nose running, cough, sore throat, all my mind was on covn19, I couldn't make my dinner that very night , I just laid on the bed very tired and worn out, I muster some courage and took slice of pizza and beverage, I then took Panadol because that's they easiest med u can lay ur hand in that country, I slept off the next two days I decided not to go to work, boss called I told him am off for couple of days , after 3 days my health improved and I resumed work, make I no lie about 8ppl in my building had same symptoms, one was my roommate and the guy living to the next doors, am perfect ok now because I increased my diet and eat alot of fruits & veggies, apart from the headache that is not steady and unserious sore throat that will worn out in couple of days because I no dey give am chance , garlic and Ginger full my bag 24/7 grin... None of my colleagues has tested positive or gone for test , but 1/3 of them went to hospital only this week, fear is another factor that control own minds , if ur immune defense system is strong it will put a strong resistance... My people abeg make unah dey pray for those of use living abroad ooo especially Asia countries
You eat healthy. You’re still a youth I guess, you could have been a carrier and possibly healed due to your healthy diet.

But you should also go for test. It’s very important given that the incubation period is likely 14-21 days. Maybe you’ve managed to subdue the symptoms and not healed totally.

Go for test, you will be ok.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Tunagee(m): 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
GeneralPula:

Am also type O+ and hardly fall sick
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by undefeateds: 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Origin:
But type O blood type have always been more prone to sickness than any other blood type.

u are speaking in the nonsense, try to get ur fact right before making any comment next time, stop confusing others
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Lordave: 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
Origin:

Not true.

It’s AA genotype that’s prone to little illness and malaria, not Blood type.

Know the difference between your Genotype and your Blood Group.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by gbemmyjoseph(m): 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
cRobo:
So I am safe then

I won't say a word

SCREEN SAVER NI
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Angy55(f): 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
I refused to get scared because of this report.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by TinaKay: 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
I'm ''O''
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Neddyogu(m): 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
Origin:

Fact? Pls give us publication. Where is it documented?
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by kingjessy(f): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
GeneralPula:

same here.I hardly sick.I don't fall sick easily.we are safe bby
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by AFONJACOW(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lordave:
You eat healthy. You’re still a youth I guess, you could have been a carrier and possibly healed due to your healthy diet.

But you should also go for test. It’s very important given that the incubation period is likely 14-21 days. Maybe you’ve managed to subdue the symptoms and not healed totally.

Go for test, you will be ok.
uncle don scare me now ... If I isolate myself for 14 days nothing happened so what next
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by gameboy727(m): 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
I'm O- (negative). I get hope be that.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by worldclass68(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Pls what about type B ooooooo
B+ to be precise...
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Cotton(m): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
Origin:

No, it is the other way round. Type O hardly get malaria or at least not as frequently as type A.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Glink2018(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hi guys.
I want to announce to you that I have found the solution to covid 19. I'm traveling to the UK tomorrow to cure some victims of this virus...so, if you don contact this disease, contact me for further detail. Covid virus dey fear my medicine.

Abeg Nah joke o
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by michoim(m): 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
tommykiwi:
Forget this theory, na God dey safe man.
Correct
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by AreaFada2: 3:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The scientists are lairs
They always guess
Tomorrow they will say another thing
That's how they said African weather is too hot for Corona
Now those people who believed you will be heartbroken
That's why it's good and wise to put your trust not in men that will die

But put your trust in Lord God Almighty
The only living God
Dude, the phone or device you used to post here was developed through science. So sciences work but it's not magic. It build knowledge over time. With errors being corrected as better knowledge is obtained.
If not for science we won't even know it's a virus causing this diseases.

Influenza is generally a seasonal winter illness in cold countries. In such countries elderly people and those with underlying medical conditions take flu jab in autumn. To prevent against the common winter flu. And it saves lots of lives yearly.

The risk is much less in hot summer. So such experience makes it reasonable to assert that the heat will limit the disease in the tropics. Nobody said it will stop it totally. Especially as many are malnourished, have HIV, other undiagnosed or poorly treated diseased due to a poor health care system.

While we are quick to condemn the efforts of those doing their research abroad, we Africans are not leading the research in anything. We should try to lead the narrative. Not just condemn.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by haleymoon: 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
Blood O has strong immunity, talking from experience cool
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Lilimax(f): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
[quote author=Rollymax77 post=87548314]IT WILL SURELY GET BETTER AND NOT WORST.[/quote smiley]
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Lilimax(f): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
Rollymax77:
IT WILL SURELY GET BETTER AND NOT WORST.
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Daniellano: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
Plz who help me see my blood test result I can't find it, I just want to check some thing fast.. ��

Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by Ruthlove019: 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mad o
Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by GeneralPula: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
kingjessy:
same here.I hardly sick.I don't fall sick easily.we are safe bby

Surely hun

You strong jare..

1 Like

Re: People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O by afroxyz: 4:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
Research is not exhaustive enough. How can you based your conclusions from the results of 45% of the 're. 85 out of 206 were type A and you now conclude that people with type A are prone to the disease.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause? / Kenyan George Abisa Kills Wife, Commits Suicide After Positive HIV Tests / Shaka Momoh Is Dead! Diabetes Kills Owner Of Planet One Entertainment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.