Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK (909 Views)

Hardworking Deaf Man Seen Driving Keke Napep In Umuahia Melts Hearts(pics) / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ThemEnvy: 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good Morning Everyone!
I had a to create a new moniker because I conduct small business there and I don’t want my personal information to leak

I have a very serious Dilemma. I am in the United Kingdom on a visit to see my Dad and most importantly to have a private medical treatment, I have been here since late last year. I am hard hearing hearing basically can’t hear anything again I read lips. While in Nigeria DR recommend a hearing aid when I came to the UK a cochlear implant was advised that was what I needed because I suffered bilateral profoundly sensorial hearing loss I knew I have become Deaf it happened to me as a child at 10 due to sickness am 21, I will be 22 this June. It painful but life continues

my visa expires in less than two weeks from today I still haven’t got my treatment yet, my second hearing assessment test scheduled was cancelled God knows why, and with the fact that currently there is a epidemic I am afraid I would become a overstayer meaning i have broken UK immigration Law I don’t want that, my plans was to get my ear surgery and on a later date apply to study guess life isn’t always as you wished life isn’t fair I can’t leave here like that and even if I did leave to apply to study I need to do some sorts of IELTS due to my hearing I can’t even guarantee getting a visa

Overstaying is a Criminal Offence I am aware I won't be able to study or work basically won’t be able to do anything that can add value to my life legally. I have made out to smart people like Justwise even though he didn’t advise me directly I already understood what he meant, I have made a decision for myself but am open to advises.
I know it isn’t going to be easy ride, I am about to make a mistake overstaying but at this time this the only option I have was planning to go home but I will be met with life of uncertainty life would be difficult I would suffer terribly I didn’t really have a life back home many of my Families (Dad Side) have their kids here some in the US but refused to help, I have suffered discrimination in my home country Thanks to my Disability I have once considered suicide at 17 friends make fun of me and all that didn’t really had a friend. Now that am here I met new wonderful people and they have always been nice toward me I have a Girlfriend since last Dec she is white, 25, very beautiful I’m so Happy to have her in my life.
I have families here who wants me to live with them (Mom Side) even had a job offers but no I can’t.
Yeah my Dad has told me not to worry too much that am his first born child he would help and stand for me me he is British between he told me about his circumstances I would refuse to share here, he made it clear I need to be patient.

I know all this doesn’t matter matter to many, I needed to pour my mind out here maybe one day, in two years 5 year maybe I will look at this and a smile I would remember this I would consider it a memory.

Between I buy used electronics like phones and computers online and resell I also help people buy things and ship for a fee am not comfortable but I have my Dad and live far more better life than I would staying in Lagos, I barb and make female hairs between.
I apologise to the British Government I only want a treatment and be very educated.

I hope I could sort this out as I’m really worried

3 Likes

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by gaby(m): 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hmmm

Head oh, tail oh, I no even understand from this your tori.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by Mizwisdom(f): 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Alakoba, why don't you do whatever you want to do on your own, what is the reason for starting this thread? you want people to support you so that UK will put more restrictions on Nigerian visitors to their country? I don't understand why people behave this way, perhaps you think only Nigerians are here

2 Likes

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by budaatum: 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
You can't travel now anyway due to Convid19.

I think you should seek an extension of your visa on the medical grounds your appointment was cancelled. And start processing school asap.

5 Likes

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ednut1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
Pointless thread.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ThemEnvy: 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
ThemEnvy:
Am aware this pointless to you but am about to make a mistake this a huge deal to me, sorry
ThemEnvy:
Am aware this pointless to you but am about to make a mistake this a huge deal to me, sorry
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ThemEnvy: 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
budaatum:
You can't travel now anyway due to Convid19.

I think you should seek an extension of your visa on the medical grounds your appointment was cancelled. And start processing school asap.

Would you clarify further I would still have to leave here and re apply
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by DisGuy: 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2020
Sorry about your predicament. stay focused and have a good plan you can live with.

I can’t leave here like that and even if I did leave to apply to study I need to do some sorts of IELTS due to my hearing I can’t even guarantee getting a visa
Are you currently studying in Nigeria? why not conclude that then apply to study- for the Exams parts, if you speak to schools in the UK they can make exceptions for case as special needs.

I didn’t really have a life back home many of my Families (Dad Side) have their kids here some in the US but refused to help,
As harsh as this would sound, you need to drop this mentality of someone refusing to help you! You have your own parents who are alive and also in the UK- it could be that they are not in the position to help you and more so they have their own families too! Your own dad is alive- and he's assuring you of his willingness to help- if you can be patient
Yeah my Dad has told me not to worry too much that am his first born child he would help and stand for me me he is British between he told me about his circumstances I would refuse to share here, he made it clear I need to be patient.

Good luck with your decisions

2 Likes

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ThemEnvy: 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
I don’t study I learnt a profession I understand no one owe me anything, Thank you
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by budaatum: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
ThemEnvy:

Would you clarify further I would still have to leave here and re apply
You might be able to claim "can't leave" and apply for visa extension because of lockdown.

Personally, I can't help wonder why you've left it till now, the last minute!
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ThemEnvy: 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2020
budaatum:

You might be able to claim "can't leave" and apply for visa extension because of lockdown.

Personally, I can't help wonder why you've left it till now, the last minute!

Honestly am not aware of such I thought i would need to leave and re apply
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
ThemEnvy:

you would have to prove you planned to leave via a plane ticket. Any other thing is overatayint o
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by budaatum: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
ThemEnvy:

You would have had to leave and reapply, but travel is restricted at the moment and might work in your favour.

Don't think! Do research and get facts so that you know!

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ThemEnvy: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
budaatum:

You would have had to leave and reapply, but travel is restricted at the moment and might work in your favour.

Don't think! Do research and get facts so that you know!

Noted thank you

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by phockallmods: 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
BTW means by the way and not between.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by samuel19222(m): 7:46am On Mar 19, 2020
Please don’t overstay
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by ThemEnvy: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2020
samuel19222:
Please don’t overstay
Why?
Re: Advise For A Deaf Nairalander In The UK by chukxie(m): 6:02am On Mar 20, 2020
Please, do not overstay your visa. DO NOT OVERSTAY YOUR VISA ! See if your visa can be extended. If it cannot, then head home. You can always apply for a fresh UK visa in Nigeria. You're pretty young, do not throw your life away by becoming an illegal alien in the UK. NO TRY AM! WHO NO GO NO KNOW!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Named Second-best African City In English Proficiency, SA Best Country. / A Trip To Paris In Lagos. / Airline Operators Increase Economy Class Tickets To N50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.