Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? (887 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Afraid Of Anoda Heart Break Pls Help / Heart Break: What You Need To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by yinkz33: 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2010
i fell in love with a guy, whom also pretended to have returned the love back, unknown to me he was still together with the girl he claimed to me he has ended with, it was a shocking thing to me to discover later that he was still with the ex, but when i tried to ask he made me believe they are no longer together till i saw the ex right in his house and he telling me that he is still with the ex, at that moment i felt like killing him and killing myself, but i decided to move on with my life and be his friend, but as much as i tried to be his friend as much as i remember the lovely time we spent together and i thought of not letting go, i really wished that things never happened like that, i really loved him with all my heart and with everything that was within me but i just have to let go. please you guys should advice me on how to get over everything that happened between us and to get on with my life
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by daduke2k(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2010
First u nid a nyc, long, warm bath. Then three bottles of big legend. An xpensiv trip 2 Ajegunle. Then a wild party. U ll 4 get him in a flash.
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by IykeD(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2010
^^^ lolz Bros u r not good at all.
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by Dyt(f): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
Tk sleepin pills
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by Dsense(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
Why don't you try drinking 5 bottles of Blue Label plus a 2 bottles of vodca grin

The best way to get over it is to stay away from him atleast for a while ''Years''. . . . . . . No other choice!
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by IykeD(m): 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
sleeping pills? lol u peeps are making this sis feel more miserable oh
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by sistajay(f): 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
You have broken up with someone you cared for deeply. What to do? How to get over a broken heart?

First, let's look at what not to do. These strategies will make your situation worse, and will not help you to get over a broken heart,

1. Don't try to get back together. Almost always, break-ups happen for a good reason. Accept that the relationship is over - and move on with your life.

2. Don't look for another relationship right away. Rebound relationships are generally ill-fated. Don't begin another relationship to "prove" something to your ex. Don't get into another relationship because you are feeling lonely and missing your ex. The only valid reason to enter into a relationship with someone is because you find that person to be exceptionally special and compatible - and you won't be in the right frame of mind to make that judgement until you have been out of the old relationship for at least several months.

3. Don't spend a lot of time alone. You may feel that you want to avoid anyone that knew you and your ex as a couple. You may feel that you want to avoid friends that might be judgmental. Nonetheless, it is crucial that you keep up social contacts. Try not to lose the friendships and support network you have built, but if you do find yourself isolated from previous connections, focus all your energy on building new (non-romantic) connections.

4. Don't complain about your ex, and don't listen to your friends' complaints about your ex. Further, don't talk about your ex at all - either favorably or unfavorably.

So what will help you get over a broken heart? Try these tips,

1. Keep busy with enjoyable activities - especially group activities. Continue with those groups and activities you previously enjoyed, and add some new ones. To the extent possible, focus on groups and activities that include members of both genders, but are not dating related. Best of all, find activities that have a physical aspect. Try a book discussion group, a church or community committee, yoga, Qigong, hiking, biking, cooking classes, wine tasting, classes of any sort. Don't limit yourself. Fill your time with many activities - both old and new.

2. Have positive conversations with your friends and family. Talk about anything other than your ex, and keep the conversations positive and focused on the future. If some of your acquaintances persist in bringing up your ex or being negative, spend less time with them and find more positive people to hang with.

3. Be of service to those who are less fortunate than yourself. There is no better way to get over a broken heart - or any situation that causes you to feel sorry for yourself - than being of service. Volunteer at the Red Cross blood bank, the local hospital, the library, your church, The possibilities are unlimited - just do it.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by daduke2k(m): 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2010
^^^^ @op, 2 lng bt i hope u got sumfin outta it,
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by degubi(m): 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ Sista-Jay, Good advice i believe your advice best summarizes it all. Poster take her counsel and do hang in there.
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by shevchenko(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2010
@topic
The things that really pains you most is the fact that you opened your bom-bom for him.You must have been foolish not to have detected his unfaithfulness.Please stop crying over spilt milk,get someone else to stir your honey pot.stupid girls who think that the way to a man's heart is bum bum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by adamse(f): 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
^^^ its dis bom bom paroll u keep repeatin i dont get o
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by shevchenko(m): 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2010
Bom-bom =yansh
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by tayoast(m): 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2010
smh
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by MrsEve2(f): 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2010
Glue your heart back together and move on. It not the end of the world.
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by Dsense(m): 1:36am On Dec 26, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Glue your heart back together and move on. It not the end of the world.
Is the sentence metaphoric or you actually meant the real meaning. grin
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by 190: 1:42am On Dec 26, 2010
daduke2k:

First u nid a nyc, long, warm bath. Then three bottles of big legend. An xpensiv trip 2 Ajegunle. Then a wild party. U ll 4 get him in a flash.

WORD, grin grin grin
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by DeepSoul(f): 1:43am On Dec 26, 2010
Drink cough syrup  grin  grin  grin

Ok seriously, it may sound cliche, but it'll get better with time. . .Not all at once. . . .but little by little, you'll heal  wink
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:52am On Dec 26, 2010
My dear there is no formula or manual on how you should move on. We all deal with grief and loss in different ways and the longer you have been in a relationship especially one where you see each other daily the more difficult it is to move on. Just keep yourself busy as much as you can but you have to mourn your loss and that is important, you can google the stages of grief and see where you think you are at. All the same I wish you the best of luck. You could keep posting here for support if you need it. My advice anyway is lick your wounds and move on, do not be involved in that triangle, you would always loose.
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by busygirl(f): 2:09am On Dec 26, 2010
Girl, just look at yourself in the mirror and say you are beautiful. It is not your loss, but his. I believe there is more than one person for everyone, so if it doesn't work out there definitely another person out there for you. You need to spend time in doing things that you love, don't try to think about him no matter how great the urge is, and never lose your self esteem (highly important).
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by Youngpo413: 6:52am On Oct 01, 2014
shevchenko: @topic
The things that really pains you most is the fact that you opened your bom-bom for him.You must have been foolish not to have detected his unfaithfulness.Please stop crying over spilt milk,get someone else to stir your honey pot.stupid girls who think that the way to a man's heart is bum bum

abi?
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by chimerase2: 7:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Engage more in social network
Maybe nairaland it will help u get busy
Dnt saty idle or alone
Stop eating apku ie fufu cheesy
I won't encourage u to drink ooh mpa cus wat will be will be undecided
Mak him ur frnd dat way u will forget abt him easily dis one with the first one works perfectly
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by chimerase2: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2014
shevchenko: Bom-bom =yansh
hey y re u bearing the man of the man of God undecided
Re: I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Say to yourself 500 times a day for one week " I still love this guy" trust me, ur mind will come to accept the opposite. The pain of heartbreak is inevitable dear, it'z the way you deal with it that counts.

(1) (Reply)

Telling A Friend How U Feel / To Girls: Be Happy When A Guy Is Interested In You! / Pls I Need Your Views On This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.