Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates (2627 Views)

How To Download Nigerian Movies to phone / pc For Free / 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) / Funke Akindele Reveals Release Dates For “omo Ghetto 2″ & “the Return Of Jenifa” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Kinkinatus(m): 12:10am On Dec 25, 2010
Captain America - Last Avenger - 29 July 2011
Paul -  18 February 2011
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - 16 December 2011
Pirates of tthe Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 18 May 2011
Thor - April 29th 2011
Battle: Los Angeles - 25 March 2011
The Adventures of Tintin; Secret of the Unicorn - 26 October 2011 (directed by Steven Spielberg)
Sucker Punch - 25 March 2011
Green Lantern - 17 June 2011
Green Hornet - 14 January 2011
Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom - 17 June 2011
Super 8 - 10 June 2011 (directed by Steven Spielberg and J. J Abrams)
Cars 2 - 22 July 2011
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 29 June 2011 (contributing director Steven Spielberg)
Cowboys and Aliens - 12 August 2011
X-Men First Class - 2 June 2011

Should be a great summer for blockbusters - see y'all there!
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2010
Looking forward to
Thor
Adventures of Tintin
Sucker Punch (fan of Zack Snyder)
Super 8 (fan of JJ Abrams)
X-men
Transformers
Pirates of the Caribbean (My husband grin)

I was looking forward to Green Lantern (Been a fan of GL since i was a kid) but after seeing the trailer, i'm not so sure undecided And they had to put that girl with a squeaky voice in it angry
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by obinna5000(m): 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2010
@iice
What about 'Red Riding Hood' and 'Your Highness'? grin I have a strong feeling those films will be wack.
I hope 'Sucker Punch' will be as good as '300'. undecided
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2010
Lol. . .not really looking forward to Red riding hood.
But yes to Your Highness. . .looks funny. It sort of reminds me of Army of Darkness grin

As a fan of Zack, even if it's wack. . .will have to still see it. And trust me, it will be hard for me to watch it since it has mostly girls in it tongue
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Kinkinatus(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2010
@iice I have mixed feelings (not too sure) about GL. The Director Martin Campbell did Goldeneye, Mask of Zorro and Vertical Limit. he also worked on the 80's Police Series "The Professionals". He might well pull surprises in GL. However, when it comes to movies (especially sci-fi) and directors, Steven Spielberg does it for me. I can't wait to see Cowboys and Aliens. Johnny Depp - Master actor. His work in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies is pure acting genius. Summer 2011 looks almost promising cool.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by obinna5000(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2010
The trailer for 'Battle Los Angeles' was cool. But I hope it won't be like Transformers.

'Source Code' is another film to look out for in 2011.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by vescucci(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2010
I'm looking forward to mostly iice's list except X-men. I'm not terribly sure about Transformers (which I didn't know was in the works) and Sucker Punch but I like Shia and Zack. But I'm mostly interested in Tintin. That one, I simply cannot wait for.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2010
Kinkinatus:

@iice I have mixed feelings (not too sure) about GL. The Director Martin Campbell did Goldeneye, Mask of Zorro and Vertical Limit. he also worked on the 80's Police Series "The Professionals". He might well pull surprises in GL. However, when it comes to movies (especially sci-fi) and directors, Steven Spielberg does it for me. I can't wait to see Cowboys and Aliens. Johnny Depp - Master actor. His work in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies is pure acting genius. Summer 2011 looks almost promising cool.

Ok now i'm even more skeptical. But i'll see GL just coz he's one of my favorite heroes but if it stinks. . .this Martin Campbell go hear am angry grin

@Vesc,
Would it matter if i said, X-Men is being directed by Joss Whedon? grin
Of the Buffy/Angel and Firefly/Serenity fame? Oh and Kevin Bacon plays Sebastian Shaw!
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Kinkinatus(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2010
GL was great as a DC comic. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping Martin Campbell will be faithful to the true believers of the Comics. At the cost of sounding faintly ridiculous, watching movies is like eating Suya ( grin). LOL! If your favourite suya malam is not available, how are you sure a different malam can do the job and the suya will be as tasty as how you usually have it? (Somehow, I think that didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but you catch my drift!). Don't quote me please! grin
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
Lmao, i will quote you tongue
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Kinkinatus(m): 12:30am On Dec 29, 2010
grin classic, ain't it? I put my foot right in it. sheesh! LOL!
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by vescucci(m): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2010
Kinkinatus:

GL was great as a DC comic. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping Martin Campbell will be faithful to the true believers of the Comics. At the cost of sounding faintly ridiculous, watching movies is like eating Suya ( grin). LOL! If your favourite suya malam is not available, how are you sure a different malam can do the job and the suya will be as tasty as how you usually have it? (Somehow, I think that didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but you catch my drift!). Don't quote me please! grin

Just for the bleeding hell of it.

@iice, it doesn't matter jare cuz he'll pick up where the last one left off. I like the actors already in it so it's apparent they can't save it. Except Whedon does something very original, I'm not gonna even cross my fingers. X-men 3 really spoilt what was my and probably half of humanity's favorite comic.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by obinna5000(m): 6:36am On Dec 29, 2010
@iice and vescucci
Expect more wack films from Hollywood in 2011. The likely ones are 'SEASON OF THE WITCH', 'BIG MOMMAS-LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON' and maybe I AM NUMBER FOUR.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2010
@Obinna, you forgot to mention that 'season of the witch' stars my favorite guy to crucify - Nic Cage grin. I am number four seems right up my alley but i'm kinda sure they'll botch it undecided Like that film of the guy and those stones. . .the title escapes me now.

@Vesc tongue
There are some parts of the third installment that seem good but not enough to save the thing.
Yeah, i'm also hoping Whedon does something original. Will still watch it though even if it's not good. For the arts, oh what i do tongue

Kinkinatus:

grin classic, ain't it? I put my foot right in it. sheesh! LOL!

Classic indeed grin
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ahahahahahaha i've botched another one embarassed grin
I've mixed up directors lol. Whedon is doing Avengers and Matthew Vaugh (KickAss) is doing X-men.
I sooo need a time out on the island lipsrsealed
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Kinkinatus(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2010
Don't sweat it. It happens to us all from time to time grin
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by vescucci(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2010
Lol, iice. You make me feel less ashamed :p
I feel better that it's Vaugh for he seems to know how to kick ass
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by WackyJ1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2010
I'm looking forward to it all. Don't know which i might like. Though i wonder what nollywood is bringing out next year
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Fuup(m): 12:09am On Dec 30, 2010
Thor - my alltime  favourite marvel hero. i will watch this on the first night!
Captain America: First avenger
X-Men first class (not sure about this)
Green Hornet looks fun even though the director is an asshole
GL - the trailer has really got me worried, this could be very cheesy.
Tintin - enuff said
Kung fu Panda, hell yeah
Number 4 - looks good
Cowboys and aliens looks very good
Battle: los angeles, awesome trailer, looking forward to it
Limitless - looks great as well
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2010
Vesc, lol i know tongue

Kinkinatus:

Don't sweat it. It happens to us all from time to time grin
smiley
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by obinna5000(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2010
other notable titles to be released in 2011 are:

The Adjustment Bureau March 4 2011
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 cheesy November 18 2011
Sherlock Holmes 2 December 2011
Scream 4 April 4 2011
The Hangover Part II May 26 2011
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II July 15 2011
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2010
@Obinna, why you dey smile for breaking dawn? grin
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by WackyJ1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2010
obinna5000:

other notable titles to be released in 2011 are:

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 cheesy November 18 2011
Sherlock Holmes 2 December 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II July 15 2011

Waiting anxiously for those. Especially the last one
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by obinna5000(m): 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2010
@iice
I taya for Twilight Swagga abi na Saga. cheesy
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by vescucci(m): 12:02am On Dec 31, 2010
Y'all should be crying and wailing and moaning 'no more! Please I can't take any more'
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 7:01am On Dec 31, 2010
obinna5000:

@iice
I taya for Twilight Swagga abi na Saga. cheesy

No be only you ooo. I was reading some comments on the rebooted Spiderman: 'Twilighted spiderman' it's called grin grin
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Vieira(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2011
iice:

No be only you ooo. I was reading some comments on the rebooted Spiderman: 'Twilighted spiderman' it's called grin grin

Why are they even rebooting Spider-man??

Do they have to make everything now for the Twilight tossers?

I am a big Spider-man fan but I am really afraid of this reboot, fingers crossed.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Kinkinatus(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2011
I reckon the Spiderman franchise has been milked good and proper for all its worth and it should be time to move on. Marvel has milked most of their good Superhero characters - Ironman, X men, Wolverine, Hulk, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, etc. I wonder where they are going to go from here after the sequels and prequels are done.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by obinna5000(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2011
The "Fantastic Four" and "Hulk" movies sucked. cry

"Ghost Rider" was undecided lipsrsealed

SO, "The Green Hornet" is premiering next week Friday. I'll check it out.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by iice(f): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2011
Odin forbid. . .me an Seth Rogen na enemies, not since Ben Affluke, have i despise another actor as this guy.

Vieira:

Why are they even rebooting Spider-man??

Do they have to make everything now for the Twilight tossers?

I am a big Spider-man fan but I am really afraid of this reboot, fingers crossed.

I don't even know why. Superman, i can understand but Spidey own i don't know. Granted the last one was not that good, but still the first two were very successful. They say they are going a new direction (different from the previous movies) but still undecided
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by obinna5000(m): 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2011
@iice and Vieira
Maybe Seth Rogen has repented from making wack films. cheesy
I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well for the "Spider-Man" reboot.
Re: Movies To Watch Out For In 2011 And Release Dates by Vieira(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2011
obinna5000:

The "Fantastic Four" and "Hulk" movies sucked. cry

"Ghost Rider" was undecided lipsrsealed

SO, "The Green Hornet" is premiering next week Friday. I'll check it out.

The second Hulk (Incredible Hulk) I liked very much, FF was okay, not brilliant but not bad.

Ghost Rider is an abomination of a movie, it sucked balls bigtime.

iice, why the Seth hate?

I like him, he is naturally funny. Have you seen Knocked Up?

I agree that the first two Spider-man movies were good and they could have continued, 2 out 3 is not bad at all. But this remake now will be compared to the previous films.

Marvel has a lot of stories they can make into movies from the comics but it needs GREAT directors.

I actually think that Marvel should let the rights for FF, X-Men and Spider-man revert back to Marvel and then they can produce the movies themselves from their studio, like Thor, Ironman, Avengers etc.

That way they can do movies that contain crossovers.

Imagine FF and Spider-man both live in New York but when there is yawa in their movies they do not help each other??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Inspiring Movies You Need To Watch / Blood And Oil On Bbc 2 / What Tv Series Do U Think Has The Most Explicit Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.