Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser (2966 Views)

UK ‘Loans’ Stolen Gold Artefact To Ghana After 150 Years / Kenyan Senator, Nyamu Karen, Kicked Out Of The Chambers For Indecent Dressing / Soldier Who Joined Army Just To Become Expert At Killing Black People Kicked Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 5:23pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
Yeah i hear ya. Its been the same out here too. Restrictions are being eased but we still have the 8 pm to 6 am curfew. yeah arent we all homebodys lately ? lol . to be honest with you with the internet age here there is really nothing outside anymore anyway. alll the fun is at your fingertips. are you like a computer programmer ? working remotely ?
Haha some people aren't homebodies by choice

Yeah I am
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 5:24pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
yeah they use it up north alot when i was there. maybe not in posh london
Lol not all areas of London are posh sha, but it def sounds like a 'northern' thing
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:01pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol not all areas of London are posh sha, but it def sounds like a 'northern' thing
Sorry about that My mum called. Was talking to mama for a while there. Yeah I know London is a wasteland grin Alright not quite but its a hard knock life in many parts of London. I myself have been privileged to live in places like Brixton, Stratford, Canning town etc. I say privileged because I believe its an experience everyone should have. To be in a developed country and yet to see the struggles of people in a so called developed country. it will expand your mind. like not all that glitters is gold
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:03pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Haha some people aren't homebodies by choice

Yeah I am
wow thats amazing. more grease to your elbows. I am thinking about learning Python so i can build applications for myself. We shall see if i follow through
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:03pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
Sorry about that My mum called. Was talking to mama for a while there. Yeah I know London is a wasteland grin Alright not quite but its a hard knock life in many parts of London. I myself have been privileged to live in places like Brixton, Stratford, Canning town etc. I say privileged because I believe its an experience everyone should have. To be in a developed country and yet to see the struggles of people in a so called developed country. it will expand your mind. like not all that glitters is gold
Awww, sweet

I hear some of those places are getting gentrified
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:04pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Awww, sweet

I hear some of those places are getting gentrified
most of them. especially brixton and peckham. in brixton homes are going for half a million to a million
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:04pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
wow thats amazing. more grease to your elbows. I am thinking about learning Python so i can build applications for myself. We shall see if i follow through
Ooh nice, do you have any prior experience with programming languages?
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:05pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
most of them. especially brixton and peckham. in brixton homes are going for half a million to a million
I heard so too
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:06pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Ooh nice, do you have any prior experience with programming languages?
i tried oracle database with plsql AND C plus plus but couldnt quite cut it. i believe it takes a special mind to be able to write programs, however python seems easy. i am a science and medicine guy. i am not that great with programming
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by chic2pimp(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

What's blighty?

I am actually surprised you have never heard of the word "Blighty" or the phrase "Good Ol' Blighty:
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:11pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
i tried oracle database with plsql AND C plus plus but couldnt quite cut it. i believe it takes a special mind to be able to write programs, however python seems easy. i am a science and medicine guy. i am not that great with programming
I used to think like that, there are definitely people out there that may not grasp it no matter how hard they try, but for the most part, I don't think one needs to be any type of genius to do it, just have decent problem-solving abilities, A LOT of patience and A LOT of practice. Some will find it easier than others of course

Python is perceived as one of the easier ones because of its simpler syntax I believe
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:12pm On May 25, 2020
chic2pimp:

I am actually surprised you have never heard of the word "Blighty" or the phrase "Good Ol' Blighty:
Never heard of it o lool
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:17pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

I used to think like that, there are definitely people out there that may not grasp it no matter how hard they try, but for the most part, I don't think one needs to be any type of genius to do it, just have decent problem-solving abilities, A LOT of patience and A LOT of practice. Some will find it easier than others of course

Python is perceived as one of the easier ones because of its simpler syntax I believe
Yeah you are right. its really not that hard if you approach it from a get rich or die trying mentality because these skills do pay well. its just that i come from a family of medical experts so i just could never get myself to fully commit to the programming courses when i took them because deep down i kinda knew i shouldnt be in the class. but like you said python is mad easy so i want to learn it on my own for my own use. a guy on youtube did a 6 hour course on it and after you finish watching you will have learnt the whole thing from A to Z. then another inspiration is this nigerian girl in new york who uses it to write programs that chooses the dress she wears every morning. i thought that was brilliant
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:21pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
Yeah you are right. its really not that hard if you approach it from a get rich or die trying mentality because these skills do pay well. its just that i come from a family of medical experts so i just could never get myself to fully commit to the programming courses when i took them because deep down i kinda knew i shouldnt be in the class. but like you said python is mad easy so i want to learn it on my own for my own use. a guy on youtube did a 6 hour course on it and after you finish watching you will have learnt the whole thing from A to Z. then another inspiration is this nigerian girl in new york who uses it to write programs that chooses the dress she wears every morning. i thought that was brilliant
I completely understand smiley

I don't know if I'm actually passionate about it or if the motivation is from trying to get more and more money grin

That's super cool smiley
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:28pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

I completely understand smiley

I don't know if I'm actually passionate about it or if the motivation is from trying to get more and more money grin

That's super cool smiley
of course you and I know its the money grin grin grin grin . Its the motivation for most. coupled with the fact that you can work remotely from any country and be a digital nomad. and you get to see all the great things you programmed come to life and be functioning. its great. the whole idea of it is great but i am sure coding day in and day out everyday of the year will be mundane and mind numbingly boring and just tedious. but the whole idea of it is great not just the sitting down and doing it lol if that makes sense
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:30pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
of course you and I know its the money grin grin grin grin . Its the motivation for most. coupled with the fact that you can work remotely from any country and be a digital nomad. and you get to see all the great things you programmed come to life and be functioning. its great. the whole idea of it is great but i am sure coding day in and day out everyday of the year will be mundane and mind numbingly boring and just tedious. but the whole idea of it is great not just the sitting down and doing it lol if that makes sense
Haha you summed it up for me tbh
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by chic2pimp(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Never heard of it o lool

I know you are a bit posh but yh still surprised. As an ardent follower of British Comedy, I am certain you would have heard of it a number of times. It comes up quite frequently on other TV Programmes too.
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:32pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Haha you summed it up for me tbh
lol so do you live with parents in the UK ? like are all your parents and siblings in the UK or naija ?
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:32pm On May 25, 2020
chic2pimp:

I know you are a bit posh but yh still surprised. As an ardent follower of British Comedy, I am certain you would have heard of it a number of times. It comes up quite frequently on other TV Programmes too.
it does.
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:35pm On May 25, 2020
chic2pimp:

Nah I'm not even that 'posh' lol don't even let the accent fool you lol. Never heard it, and I'm a fan of shows like Only Fools and Horses lol

Now that I think of it though, I don't really watch that much TV in the first place, let alone British TV
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:36pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
lol so do you live with parents in the UK ? like are all your parents and siblings in the UK or naija ?
Yeah, all my immediate family are in the UK

Only some cousins, aunts, uncles etc are in Naija
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:40pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Yeah, all my immediate family are in the UK

Only some cousins, aunts, uncles etc are in Naija
wow thats an enviable situation to be in the UK. i always envied people in that situation because then you had no reason to come back to naija lmaooo
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by chic2pimp(m): 7:42pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
it does.

IBK was raised in one of the richest London boroughs. She does not relate with we Commoners.
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:42pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
wow thats an enviable situation to be in the UK. i always envied people in that situation because then you had no reason to come back to naija lmaooo
We still visit Naija lol, my parents may even retire back in Naija at some point
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:43pm On May 25, 2020
chic2pimp:

IBK was raised in one of the richest London boroughs. She does not relate with we Commoners.
Lmao can you behave grin
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:46pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

We still visit Naija lol, my parents may even retire back in Naija at some point
yeah i hear ya but you know to be in a developed country and have all your family around you is priceless. thats what kills most nigerians in the UK is the boredom of not having family around. and i am sure your mummy goes to peckham market to buy panla and pomo and cooks it for you lmaoooo. are you yoruba or igbo ?
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:47pm On May 25, 2020
chic2pimp:

oh yeah that lass is from south kensington grin
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:49pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
yeah i hear ya but you know to be in a developed country and have all your family around you is priceless. thats what kills most nigerians in the UK is the boredom of not having family around. and i am sure your mummy goes to peckham market to buy panla and pomo and cooks it for you lmaoooo. are you yoruba or igbo ?
Lol fair enough

Maybe not Peckham sha but we manage to find our African food one way or another lol I'm Yoruba
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by chic2pimp(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Nah I'm not even that 'posh' lol don't even let the accent fool you lol. Never heard it, and I'm a fan of shows like Only Fools and Horses lol

Now that I think of it though, I don't really watch that much TV in the first place, let alone British TV
Not even just the accent though. Apart from my much deeper voice, Yours is not that different from mine(when I'm not speaking to close friends that is). Del boy and Rodney looool.

I really love British Tv most especially sitcoms. My humour is unapologetically British and I'm proud of it too. BBC's My Family was a favourite of mine for years and so was Gavin and Stacey.
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by lekki1444: 7:55pm On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol fair enough

Maybe not Peckham sha but we manage to find our African food one way or another lol I'm Yoruba
haha yes oooo you must source out that african food ooo. you no get choice lol . do you find married life stressful in england ? do you have children or planning on having ?
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by ibkayee(f): 7:55pm On May 25, 2020
chic2pimp:

Not even just the accent though. Apart from my much deeper voice, Yours is not that different from mine(when I'm not speaking to close friends that is). Del boy and Rodney looool.

I really love British Tv most especially sitcoms. My humour is unapologetically British and I'm proud of it too. BBC's My Family was a favourite of mine for years and so was Gavin and Stacey.
Lol yeah I can imagine, my accent is just Standard British, with a Naija twang cheesy

One of my favourite shows in the entire world is the Peep Show, British humour is unrivaled grin
Re: ‘Foreigner’ Kicked Out Of Supermarket In Ghana, After Refusing To Use Sanitiser by chic2pimp(m): 7:56pm On May 25, 2020
lekki1444:
oh yeah that lass is from south kensington grin

grin

You sound proper Geordie. I'm guessing you schooled in the Tyneside/Gateshead region.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria / See What Happened To Ugandan Police On Their Way To Disperse Protesters (photo) / Meet South Sudanese Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.