Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations (16567 Views)

Azman Air Suspends Operations, Sends Staff Away / Visit To The BEACHSIDES Of The West Coast (pacific Ocean) Of The US. / Airlines Told To Avoid Afghanistan Airspace As Emirates Airline Suspends Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by Kingspin(m): 7:48am On Mar 19, 2020
Arik Air has announced the temporary suspension of flights to all its West Coast destinations effective from Monday, March 23, 2020.

The management of the airline took the decision after a careful analysis of the novel CoronaVirus Disease (COVID-19) which has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO).

“The safety and well-being of our personnel and valued customers are paramount at this critical time. We do not want to take chances and this is why we have taken this decision,” Chief Executive Officer of Arik Air, Captain Roy Ilegbodu, said in a statement on Wednesday.

The airline also apologised to customers whose travel plans may have been affected by the suspension of flights and promised to mitigate the effects by ensuring a prompt refund of tickets.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/03/18/covid-19-arik-air-suspends-flights-to-west-coast/?fbclid=IwAR19Ao6xQA-wh58Yf6WpSXLRRAJ1qjb347gifZLVi57ng9GHLxt7k62zR4g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by jarawa: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2020
good

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by KaideeGee(m): 7:57am On Mar 19, 2020
Still unfolding
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by Lawgod247: 7:58am On Mar 19, 2020
This corona virus is on global tour. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUMI, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng.
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by mbahdi(m): 8:13am On Mar 19, 2020
One thing I love about this oga corona virus is that hes a Christian,he judge uprigthly.both the rich,poor pretty,ugly powerful,powerless,young old,are all getting dsame judgment.
This is just a bit of how God judgment is going to be.no impartiality,
Oga corona,we d speechless love your fair judgment.unlike Ebola that was afraid of government officials.
At least UV help in saving traveling money for Nigeria.our tourist president and his cabinet are no more going around d world.dey dun know say water done pass garri.And there now see it more save here Dan outside
But we still dey beg temper justice with mercy just for d poor masses.but if u insist going ahead.abeg start from d top.we all die together ni

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by NaijaFutbol: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2020
This shit is getting serious

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:14am On Mar 19, 2020
We go dey alright las las.

You need to see are flights are now extremely cheap.

Los Angeles to UK
₦200k #lol

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by ignis: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2020
I thought they say Corona virus don't affect black men.

Why the panic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2020
What's really about to happen to human?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by OfeAchi: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2020
Damn Arik.
I have a flight booked for next week, to go visit my UK babe. We recently met on Facebook. embarassed cry
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by Elslim: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2020
I pray its not late for our dear country
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by CChillz: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2020
Nigeria is a "joke" as a country. Many of these changes started happening immediately the confirmed case of this virus rose to five persons as portrayed by the media.
Let's pray that the hot weather continues because corona virus doesn't thrive for long in hot climates.
APC government and their slow response to happenings in the country is worse than the corona virus as a whole.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by tillaman(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
These are control measures we ought to have to taken before now, we get these I don’t care attitude inside of us, I really hope it’s not too late for all these because this one people are just sprouting out like bean seed from different states testing positive of the virus Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by michaellovaldo(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Good one
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by NgwalandAbia(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Trust me buhari will get this virus soon

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
shocked shocked
I saw this on Facebook. Pls is this another conspiracy theory or it's true??

Check out these two different books from years back on this Corona virus.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by realstars: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
we saw it coming and We where looking at it as a china Viruz. And our leaders where playing politics with it, now we are fighting it with politics Of APC.
Now! Nigeia Is Pregnant with this China Virus, Yet 2023 Asparants Is The Political Business.

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by Swingate(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Nice one Arik
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by dontro(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
A bit too late I would say. Coronavirus is already here. But it is still a good move.
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
With these scary news flying around, it's obvious this world would end someday as predicted by the bible and Quran. I cant imagine the whole world closing down schools,.malls, ports( land and sea) , major events, etc all at the same time.

It doesn't cost God one minute to shut down the whole world. Atheists and scientists should take a cue of the current happenings and fear God.

What shocked me the most was pastor adeboyes's prediction early this year...that an epidemic which has never happened globally would occur and claim lives. Another one is the unprecedented terrorist attacks in least expected locations in Nigeria. The recent explosion in Lagos which chattered houses located far away from the pipeline which was downplayed as a pipeline explosion by govt, caused by a moving truck and intensified by gas plants was obviously a bomb blast. Amazingly, no single gas cylinder was sighted at the scene . I hope Lagos government would be on alert and be proactive enough to avert a more brutal future occurrence. The lives of people living here and our amazing infrastructure should matter to our govt. How can somebody say there was gas explosion and buildings located meters away from the pipeline only had its roofs, walls and fences chattered instead of burning down? The hardest hit was the private school which gutted fire...maybe the bomb was detonated right there . We shouldn't stop praying people

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by lyriclekidd(m): 8:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Great
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by LANDLORD72: 8:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Good move please refund as soon as possible thanks Arik Air
Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by Abalado(f): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2020
But why has Buhari not been traveling since this Corona started, abi baba self they fair ni

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by safarigirl(f): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2020
What is the definition of "West Coast" destinations? Where and where exactly, does that entail? Because this information is highly vague and the journalism is extremely lazy

18 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arik Air Suspends Flights To West Coast Destinations by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:19am On Mar 19, 2020
ignis:
Please I don't understand west coast grammar...

Does the suspension also affect local flights ?

Other African countries

Locals not inclusive

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japa: Navy Arrested 75 Nigerian Stowaways Hidden Under Rudder Of Cargo Ships / 20 Dead As Boat Carrying Schoolchildren, Others Capsizes In Kano / How Many Countries & States In Nigeria Have You Been To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.