Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos (394 Views)

Why COVID-19 Vaccine Will Be Administered Without Clinical Trial – NAFDAC / Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals / Bill Gates Explains Why COVID-19 Is Slowly Spreading In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos by lordthree(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
1. For those that use the new LBS/BRT buses
The queues: you end up too close to strangers, and when they struggle they touch you.
The hand rails: on these buses hand rails are touched by millions of unwashed hands shocked.
The LBS staff: They touch numerous hands as they collect and tear up tickets which can lead to spread of the virus.

(i suggest the lagos state government makes sure that hand sanitizers are squirt to each passenger's hand as they have they tickets checked.)

2. Street Food
Lagosians have been raised to patronize street hawkers and vendors, we pass by someone frying akara and automatically we have cravings, years ago this wasn't an issue because patronizing these hawkers helps to put food on their tables, but, with the COVID-19 this is a disaster waiting to happen as these hawkers and street vendors don't practice good hygiene practices when making these.

Some Instances
Imagine a Suya seller seasons his suya meat with his hand, uses that same hand to cut up the suya, uses that same hand to collect money from a customer and the cycle continuous without washing his hand with soap.

or a Puff Puff seller who uses her hand to make the puff puff, collects money from a customer and uses that same hand to make more batches of puff puff.

Same can be said of roasted corn and bole, the seller touches the bole, potential buyers touch the bole and sometimes buy a different one

my suggestion during this period refrain from purchasing the street food.

3. Poverty and Living from Hand to Mouth
A whole lot of Lagosians are either poor or depend on their monthly salaries to survive so in cases like this how can they practice social distancing or self isolation, how can these people stock up on supplies, they have to go to work even with this contagious virus.

4. Eating with hands
Imagine eating Amala at a bukka without washing your hand thoroughly.
I suggest as painful as it might be, i suggest we start eating these meals with spoons.

5. Nose picking and handshakes
I wont even comment on this angry angry angry
Re: Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
May God help us. I'm sure many would take preventive measures but is it possible to ban parties in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos by lordthree(m): 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
GboyegaD:
May God help us. I'm sure many would take preventive measures but is it possible to ban parties in Nigeria?

With the way we like owambe in Lagos it is quite scary.
Re: Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
lordthree:

With the way we like owambe in Lagos it is quite scary.

I mean nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos by lordthree(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
GboyegaD:

I mean nationwide.

Man thinking of it is putting me in panic mode.
Re: Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos by onos1979(f): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2020
GboyegaD:
with the situation on ground if you are invited to a party will you go?

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Should Lock Down Lagos And Abuja Now / Boost Your Immune System And Stay Home! / Covid-19: Please Help!!! I've Been Feeling Persistent Headache Since Last Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.