Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals (41587 Views)

Chinese Doctors Have Started Working In Isolation Centres –Lai Mohammed / Abia Isolation Centres In Poor State – Resident Doctors / FG Converts NYSC Camps, Stadia To Coronavirus Isolation Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Gjrich(m): 1:36am On May 22, 2020
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control says the fact that some coronavirus patients are seen in videos on social media playing and dancing in isolation centres does not mean they are not ill.

NCDC Director-General, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, said this on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Thursday.

Ihekweazu said COVID-19 is an infectious disease which may not necessarily weaken infected persons the way other diseases do.

Responding to a question, he said, “I think people really need to understand why people are being put in these centres. Normally, you only go into a hospital when you’re ill, get a diagnosis, and then you are sometimes admitted if you’re very ill.

“But in this case, following the experience from other countries, we made a decision as a country to also put people in isolation centres not just because they are ill on their own but in order to stop them from transmitting this virus to others.

“When I travelled to China in late February or early March, things were put in place for these people (in quarantine), so they could exercise and dance because it is not easy to be somewhere, in isolation for three to four weeks when you are not physically ill.

“So, these are things we have to use to reassess our decisions. It is very difficult to make decisions based on one viral video. One Whatsapp video does not represent the experience of people across the country. It is very important that as leaders we are not pushed down a decision path because one video happened to go viral. Many people in these centres around the country are complying.”

The NCDC boss said the government would have liked to keep asymptomatic patients away from hospitals and rather have them self-isolate so that those who are physically ill would have enough bed spaces but said due to the complex nature of Nigeria and the population, such an approach may not work.

He stressed the need for Nigerians to take ownership of the COVID-19 response to ensure its success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-covid-19-patients-play-dance-in-isolation-centres-ncdc/%3famp=1

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by GistmeBlog(m): 2:49am On May 22, 2020
Nigerians React As COVID-19 Cases Skyrocket Massively SEE SCREENSHOTS

3 Likes

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by seunlayi(m): 3:01am On May 22, 2020
Actually, those with better sense of reasoning already understood what is going on in that isolation ward. They need it especially those with less severe symptoms to keep fit, better morale, kill boredom, ETC. I am sure the day Ncdc decides to show those in critical condition, many will be amazed. Nine patients died yesterday and I am sure many others are in critical condition. But those misleading people won't see/say something about this.

Thanks mod for accepting to put this on FP to balance the report

147 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by SILVERLINES: 11:58am On May 22, 2020
cheesy

Nigerian COVID

In the United States COVID-19 patients are struggling understand oxygen mask

In Nigeria they are dancing Ogehne Igbo showing that in Nigerians are extraordinary people.

In Raymond Dekposi voice

COVID-19 in Nigeria is synonymous with malaria and that's how Wike is writing numbers everyday in Rivers State.

The corridor lawyer couldn't decipher COVID-19 and malaria since both are synonymous in symptoms

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by jstriker442(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2020
no need for all these stories. though they may be true, but the people have lost faith in this government hence the doubt of authenticity.

abeg check my signature if you live around delta state.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by gaetano: 11:58am On May 22, 2020
M A L A R I A.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by meum: 11:59am On May 22, 2020
Really

In the video one of them was heard laughing and shouting covid19 a couple of times.

Well, if what he's saying is to be believed then they didn't really have serious COVID-19. It's just mild symptoms that resembled COVID-19. That said, they deserve to be happy because it's not easy being in Isolation in a government facility

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by BloggerAdmin(m): 11:59am On May 22, 2020
I totally agree with NCDC on this one.

Nigerians are the happiest people on earth, whether sick or healthy, nothing ever stops our fun

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by FirstbornWds: 11:59am On May 22, 2020
This is exactly what I've been preaching to those that care to listen.

The fact that you see people in isolation centers doesn't necessarily mean they should start living like fugitives or deranged fellas.

They are humans and as such, they are entitled to do what others do. It's not as if uninfected people are there with them.

I mean, Covid-19 is not a death sentence now. And even it is, shouldn't people live the best of their lives before they die?

Let's be reasonable abeg.
Toxay:

So over 1 million Americans are on respirators now?
Why would you have access to internet and still be this ignorant about something that is affecting your life at this magnitude.
This is quite simple, most people with the virus are either asymptomatic or with mild symptoms, only about 2% are in critical condition and would need respirators.
Also in many countries like the United States, most of the people who tested positive would self isolate at their homes for a particular period of time but that cannot be implemented in this country for very obvious reasons.

I hope you are not too dumb to understand this and also why people at the isolation centers are dancing

I wish you good tidings bro

16 Likes

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by dalhjana: 11:59am On May 22, 2020
Lol. They are dancing because they know dem don cash out. They are going to be paid for their services to NCDC and nigerian government

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by smartoliver(m): 11:59am On May 22, 2020
What else should one be doing when he/she might die sooner than later. Be merry jare grin

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Tissaia(f): 12:00pm On May 22, 2020
Because they are been paid to lie they have the coronahoax

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by IBILEmayweather(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2020
Don’t explain much, stupid people and educated illiterates won’t still understand. They are so obstinate and ignorant.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by unitysheart(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2020
Very correct.

Those thinking it's a scam are on their own. I have no admonition for them.

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Ernerstdavid55(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2020
grin
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Mowsid(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2020
Happiness matters
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by ekensi01: 12:00pm On May 22, 2020
Life is good even if death is your neighbor
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by RapistOnBail: 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
grin

Fvcking liar.

Most Nigerians are so draft that they believe every shit from their masters (Government).

Una mumu never do yet!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Fragility6: 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
They are praising the lord.NCDC is trying so desperately to portray a good name but we know d game dey are playing. Coronavirus is real but its bin turned to a game in Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by TheGameYard(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
1 like for this man. I so much love him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by MajorOvakporaye(f): 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
shut up barawo!!!
na big thief you be
scam virus
Yahoo yahoo virus
Audio virus!

50k per test,
i know you're building an estate in your village
thief!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by perdollar(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
I wl only believe dt Corona virus is real if buhari dies of it

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by gurunlocker: 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
grin

I said it few days ago that I saw a video of patients eating fried rice and chicken and some doing back flip, they thought I was lying. grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by olaboy33(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2020
Announce the drugs you administer publicity and Let those that are asymptomatic isolate at home and treat themselves.

Admit this with only severe cases.

That way, the system won't be overwhelmed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by lekbel09(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2020
BloggerAdmin:
I totally agree with NCDC on this one.

Nigerians are the happiest people on earth, whether sick or healthy, nothing ever stops our fun
That was before the 2015 general elections

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by OnyesomJ(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2020
Keep Deceiving Urself...
Other countries like China How Times you don patient Dey Dance under that critical Condition

Manufacture Covid19 Dey Nigeria
Aka =9ja Version grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Nellybank(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2020
Why not join them at the isolation center so you can also be happy with them. Abi don't u want to exercise? I give up for Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by sureheaven(m): 12:04pm On May 22, 2020
Covid 19 started in China as a deadly disease but got to Nigeria as a scam.

Stupid and useless government, those in the isolation centers are either suffering from malaria or hunger.

We see how patients suffering from covid 19 look like in other countries but ours is different.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? / Pastor Enenche Commissions Messiah Medical Centre In Jos / Lady Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu Was Not A Runs Girl, Not Thrown From Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.