Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed (12807 Views)

Wike At Christmas Carol, Says He Will Win His Battle / BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by alexleo(m): 9:09am On Dec 25, 2010
As Christians all over the world celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, residents of Jos, Plateau State, are in mourning, as no fewer than nine separate explosions rocked Gada Biu, Kabong and Angwa Rukuba area of the state yesterday, killing about 20 people.

Saturday Sun gathered that the bombs went off at about 7. 30 pm in quick succession and lasted till about 8.40pm, killing the victims and injuring score of others. The first explosion, from our findings, went off in front of a Catholic Church in the area, while subsequent explosions occurred a few kilometers to the police headquarters.

Sources revealed that bodies of the dead as well as those injured were taken to the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH).

The state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Abdulrahman Akano, confirmed the incident but declined to give the number of casualties. However, a top police officer in the city revealed that he could only confirm seven dead victims at the time of this report.

Commander of the special task force in Jos, Brigadier General Hassan Umaru, also confirmed the explosion last night but declined to give details, as, according to him, he was rushing down to the explosions scenes.

Military sources told Saturday Sun that an unidentified group had sent out warning that it would take measures to ensure that Christmas was not celebrated in Plateau State.

Following the bomb explosion, security has been beefed up in the affected areas and the entire state capital. By last night, soldiers were deployed to the areas. Also, the areas have been cordoned off, with soldiers standing guard at major roads.

Fear has gripped the ancient tin city, with most of the residents holed up in their homes. Darkness has enveloped parts of the city, as a result of power outage.

Jos has suffered many explosions this year with so many lives lost.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/25/national-25-12-2010-001.htm
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by rapjunkie(m): 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
what a shame!!!!!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Tcrack(m): 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2010
Military sources told Saturday Sun that an unidentified group had sent out warning that it would take measures to ensure that Christmas was not celebrated in Plateau State.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2010
I know that another group of pple will copy MEND, bombing has now become another way of settling scores.

MEND started the kidnapping thing and it spread like wild fire to other part of Nigeria, now its bombing. God. . . .
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Godchaser(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2010
Jos- d new Gaza of Africa? God SOS. Is dis political or religious?[color=][/color]
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Nsiman(m): 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2010
It is religiouspolitical
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Ty207: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2010
may God help us in this country
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by matazzmagi(m): 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2010
a failed state let the world see what fanatics in nigeria  can do now jos had become  another iraq innocent blood'cant be waisted for hate, their must be a pay back!!!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by GSyntax(m): 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2010
And the Governor and his deputy are busy with power tussle while the masses are dying! The military/police/task force cannot deny that they don't know anything about this attack, I mean b4 it happened. I am sick of all these killings in Jos!!!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by MShittu: 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2010
Please o! B4 people start to condemn all muslims in this thread let me be the first to condemn the fools that chose to go and begin bombing places
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2010
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by iz2much: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2010
na dos Muslims oo o
if i catch them!!!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by deadie(m): 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
A despicable committed by some elements of the "Religion of Peace"
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2010
The wicked perpetrators of dis crime dnt kw this forum or read papers else they may caution themselves, pls dnt waste ur time raining abuses on them, no need!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2010
It's like they preach violence in d mosque? Y are they killing people
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dotman2(m): 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2010
useless leaders
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by otokx(m): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2010
So sad, why has Jos defied all solutions?
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Kcswat22: 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2010
Useless moslems.they cant allow people hear one.if now the xtian determine to fight them i dont knw how they will survive. We r paying them tru our oil.
Dis country is a failed state n should be divided.Mmsweh
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dino2006(m): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2010
Tis rili pathetic. D so called "advocates of peace". Is this d peace, dey preach?, May d souls of d victims Rip.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by seedord247(m): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
dclokz:

It's like they preach violence in d mosque? Y are they killing people

Monkey, I no think say you get sense at allll.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by comechop(m): 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2010
No peace for the wicked.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Nsiman(m): 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2010
Let us have a SNC and divide this God forsaken country
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Nsiman(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2010
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by MOORCHMOORE(m): 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2010
Such a bad news. May there soul rest in peace shocked
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by seedord247(m): 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
Nsiman:

Shey you go Divide am if dem give you knife
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by kisskriss: 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2010
@seadord or whatever u call ur useless self, is it not obvious that hatred is being preached in mosque. can u tell us what JIHAD is all about,haven't u read ur Quoran to see how ur so-called prophet mohammed fought his way in Jedda/Mecca under d pretence of Jihad. If ur prophet can laid such foundation,what do u expect from d stupid and useless followers?It quite painful seeing my fellow countrymen being wasted everyday cos of their religion.

I schooled in islamic country called Bahrain as a christian but hide my identity as a christian so as to avoid being dealt with by my fellow university students who re all muslims but on one fateful day,we were all asked to recite Quran which everybody recited perfectly except me and at d end of d day,every students got 2 know i m a christian,o boy,u need 2 see d way i was treated all thru my stay in d university,i quickly picked my few things nd left.i paid and wasted my $2000 for d 6mths course cos i m a christian. u might be suprised y i was there in d first place,i was there to learn arabic as linguistic graduate.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by bashydemy(m): 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2010
I just hate some people on this NL even outside NL you blame everything on Muslims are you that stupid to even think with your brain? if anything happen you say Muslim are there no Muslim in Republic of Benin have you ever heard of such? are there no Muslim in Togo have you ever heard of such ETC, if you blame this on the Muslims who will you blame the Oct 1st on? who will you blame the Ikeja Cantonment on some ignorance is a disease
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by spearman(m): 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2010
Islam cannot survive. It brings out the very worst in humanity. This is not religion. This is insanity.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by bashydemy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 25, 2010
^^^ i dont know what you are talking about but its like pointing accuse finger on Islam can i ask you one Question are you going to tell me out of those people that died there are no Muslim? if your answer is yes then you are S.T.U.P.I.D
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by maxjax(m): 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2010
Christmas Eve bombings in Nigeria kill 31

(CNN) -- Five blasts went off in the Nigerian city of Jos Friday night as residents were celebrating Christmas Eve, leaving 31 dead, a regional government official said.

Choji Gyang, a special adviser to the governor of Nigeria's Plateau state, said two bombs went off in the Angwa Rukuba area of Jos. Within five to 20 minutes, three more blasts happened in the area of Kabong, he said.

"We have a lot of casualties and are struggling to cope," Gyang said.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by seedord247(m): 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2010
bashy_demy:

I just hate some people on this NL even outside NL you blame everything on Muslims are you that silly to even think with your brain? if anything happen you say Muslim are there no Muslim in Republic of Benin have you ever heard of such? are there no Muslim in Togo have you ever heard of such ETC,  if you blame this on the Muslims who will you blame the Oct 1st on? who will you blame the Ikeja Cantonment on some ignorance is a disease

Thanks for giving that $tupid Idiot a clue on what education is, and i know you just register on Nairaland some hours ago just bcus he got access to internet today. I don't know why you keep using Muslim as a derogatory when bad incident happen, Since you been in the East part of the world have you ever heard of such, why can't you sit down google the better side of it rather than going to ask people the negative impact islam has made.

You rather keep shut or i will call the qatar embassy in Nigeria and tell them they have a terrorist in the Eastern part of the world and you need to be use a scape goat of pple going about on how to learn the negative of Islam.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by seedord247(m): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2010
spearman:

Islam cannot survive. It brings out the very worst in humanity. This is not religion. This is insanity.

I now believe that there are Baboons on Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breaking: Embarrassing Photograph Of Tinubu Appears Online / Boko Haram Kill Seven In Suicide Attack, Raid / Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.