Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? (1680 Views)

I Just Found Out The Easiest Method To Keep Kids Calm For A While / Husband Returns At 12 Midnight, You Serve Him Eba & He Asks For Rice, Will You? / Daughter And Mother Die While Travelling To Prepare For Her Wedding. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by fineboynl(m): 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
I am tired of the aftermath of preparing semo. my pot or frying pan get urgly. it's too difficult and trying to clean them is too disgusting.

I hate garri/eba reason that it affect my health. pounded yam is my favorite but it's too expensive now and stress with pounding.

I was wondering if there is a way to prepare semo like eba.
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by Dyt(f): 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
Well
You still gotta do them in the pot and on fire

Sorry bro/sis

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by Iyiataata92: 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2020
Which one be semo like eba again?
Nigeria and weird delicacies sef.
Oga if you want to eat semo, eat semo. If you want to eat fufu, eat fufu. If you want to eat eba, eat eba. If you don't want to eat any of them, focus on you indomie and spagetti and stop disturbing us. We are fighting coronavirus

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by jenifer007: 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2020
It won't get done if you make it like eba....You still need the pot and fire and the pot is very easy to wash after use.... Just soak the pot with enough water for some hours and wash later.
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by pocohantas(f): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
No method, but to minimize burning and stress of washing- invest in nonstick pots. Some of you spend a lot on alcohol and bleaching creams, but your kitchens (utensils) are a mess.

With nonstick pots, you can even peel it off like a film. Also, I will advise you mix with warm water to form a thick paste. That will reduce the time it spends on heat and give a smoother finish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by izzou(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2020
pocohantas:
No method, but to minimize burning and stress of washing- invest in nonstick pots. Some of you spend a lot on alcohol and bleaching creams, but your kitchens (utensils) are a mess.

With nonstick pots, you can even peel it off like a film. Also, I will advise you mix with warm water to form a thick paste. That will reduce the time it spends on heat and give a smoother finish.

Make we hear word abeg angry

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by pocohantas(f): 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2020
izzou:

Make we hear word abeg angry

I am serious. That is why you guys kill snakes and antelopes in your kitchens.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by izzou(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
pocohantas:

It's too late for this nonsense. angry

Stop insulting us

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by sisisioge: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Well, I have a lazy formula I use.

1. Mix the semo with small amount of water in a bowl.
2. Boil water in a kettle, pot...whatever.
3. Get a round plastic bowl with cover that can enter your microwave/steam pot
4. Pour the boiled water into @ number 3 above and add your semi paste.
5. Stir until fine and put in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Your semi is ready to go with ofe nsala, draw soup, efo riro, egusi or any soup that tickles your fancy. Minimal input, relative process and maximum output grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
pocohantas:

When there is money to buy big screen tv, one itobilobilo will be saying buy cooking pot. Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by poshestmina(f): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin grin angry grin grin grin
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by Lamanii22(f): 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lol... My semo usually tastes like sugar.. I just don't get it right... But my mom doesn't make a paste whenever she cooks it... She'd pour the dry substance to the boiling water and she keeps stiring... Really fast... She said that method is fast but if you don't get it right... It is koko you will eat...
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by Winneygirl(f): 5:52am On Mar 20, 2020
Wash the pot immediately after preparing the semo, or pour in some water and cover the pot for some time before washing.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by oluwadamilolah(f): 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lamanii22:
Lol... My semo usually tastes like sugar.. I just don't get it right... But my mom doesn't make a paste whenever she cooks it... She'd pour the dry substance to the boiling water and she keeps stiring... Really fast... She said that method is fast but if you don't get it right... It is koko you will eat...
Kudos to your mum. that is the exact way I prepare my semo...it always comes out good.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by LadySarah: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
I have never gotten any swallow being turned round right.
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by Gynn: 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Thought it was just me.

Semo is one of the most stressful food to prepare.

Imagine coming back after a hard day's work, to come and start turning SEMO on top fire

Mba. No be me

The first day I tried it I said to myself, it will be the last.

If no be person prepare am, I ain't doing it.

I stick with eba

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by LadySarah: 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2020
Gynn:
Thought it was just me.

Semo is one of the most stressful food to prepare.

Imagine coming back after a hard day's work, to come and start turning SEMO on top fire

Mba. No be me

The first day I tried it I said to myself, it will be the last.

If no be person prepare am, I ain't doing it.

I stick with eba

Not to talk of how dirty the pot looks after everything.

Yuck!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by olexjay(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
No shortcut than follow the rightful process or you end up preparing powdered wrapped with succulent thing like semo lol
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by fineboynl(m): 11:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
how you sure the sticky post will turn out good? because I saw the pot on the mall. prices varies from 4k to 30k. imagine the price for just a small fry pan pot
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by guysis(m): 12:20am On Mar 21, 2020
Lol. Using a dry pot,add a table spoon of vegetable oil (The idea is for the oil to touch the all round the pot bottom). Turn your semo into the pot(find a way to measure the quantity you can finish,I use a measuring cup though)pour boiled water into the semo and stir till it becomes paste(this is achieved outside fire).When the semo is turns to a paste,Place it on fire(low heat preferably)and stir until you'll notice the sweet taste of the semo has reduced by way of introducing a part into your mouth.This is when your solid and soft semo is ready for consumption.
N/B: the vegetable oil you introduced would prevent your pot from being messed up and give your pot the nonsticky effect thereby making it easy to wash off.I hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by fineboynl(m): 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
guysis:
Lol. Using a dry pot,add a table spoon of vegetable oil (The idea is for the oil to touch the all round the pot bottom). Turn your semo into the pot(find a way to measure the quantity you can finish,I use a measuring cup though)pour boiled water into the semo and stir till it becomes paste(this is achieved outside fire).When the semo is turns to a paste,Place it on fire(low heat preferably)and stir until you'll notice the sweet taste of the semo has reduced by way of introducing a part into your mouth.This is when your solid and soft semo is ready for consumption.
N/B: the vegetable oil you introduced would prevent your pot from being messed up and give your pot the nonsticky effect thereby making it easy to wash off.I hope this helps!
look nice. but I already considering buy the non sticky pot
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by Welcomme: 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2020
oluwadamilolah:
Kudos to your mum. that is the exact way I prepare my semo...it always comes out good.
I think generally, that is how Yoruba's prepare their Semi and Tuwo. I grew up seeing my mum and sister preparing that way. I also use that method to prepare. My girl does same to. But Amala, I pour direct into the water without any prior mixing of the flour.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by frozen70(f): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2020
fineboynl:
I am tired of the aftermath of preparing semo. my pot or frying pan get urgly. it's too difficult and trying to clean them is too disgusting.

I hate garri/eba reason that it affect my health. pounded yam is my favorite but it's too expensive now and stress with pounding.

I was wondering if there is a way to prepare semo like eba.

There are no other way

Once you are done with semo preparation, soak the put to the brim, by day break, use iron sponge

That's all
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by fineboynl(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
frozen70:

There are no other way

Once you are done with semo preparation, soak the put to the brim, by day break, use iron sponge

That's all
water is luxury in this part of the country. we only get supply by tanker.
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by frozen70(f): 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
fineboynl:
water is luxury in this part of the country. we only get supply by tanker.

Even ordinary well for washing or flushing

Which area are you talking about
Re: Is There Any Method To Prepare Semo Like Garri/eba?? by cunny88(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
guysis:
are u a chef

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Reasons Why A Husband Will Leave His Wife When She Has Done Him Not / What Can One Do If He Realizes His Best Friend Is A Witch Or Wizard? / Some Few Girls Run When I Tell Them My Age.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.