Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus (892 Views)

Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2020
Have you noticed how many pastors and men of god are still holding services even though they know their members could become infected with coronavirus and even die ? Have you wondered why?

Well let me tell you why. Because of $$$$$. Many charlatans stand to lose huge amounts of revenue from TITHES and OFFERINGS if members do not come to church.

Many so called men of God will suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, they will try to call this plague a hoax to encourage members to still attend church. They have no empathy or love for the members of their churches, it was and is always about $$$$.

These guys are going to lose big time in possessions and money and guess what? It is only the beginning of God’s judgement on their robbery, lies, sexual perversion and wickedness. Judgement will start with them.

The men have refused to let Gods people GO so he will wrench them out of their wicked business centres and punish them severely.

This is only the beginning.

6 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Mortiple(m): 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
You are a big idiot if you think it is only Pastors that will loose because of Corona Virus.

BTW, the problem of Nigeria isn't Pastors and Churches. They aren't the one that made your life worthless either.
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mortiple:
You are a big idiot if you think it is only Pastors that will loose because of Corona Virus.

BTW, the problem of Nigeria isn't Pastors and Churches. They aren't the one that made your life worthless either.

Lol. I suspect that you are one of the charltans or their henchmen.

Of course , many economies will feel the impact but the governments are bringing in measures to help the most vulnerable and poor people , by GIVING them MONEY and other assistance , not by TAKING their MONEY in the name of ROBBERY called TITHES. TITHE RECEIVERS are CRIMINALS.

cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Mstick: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
True, below is the text I got from Dunamis, I had to text the number they provided to ask them why they want to put families at risk.

On behalf of the Resident Pst. Dunamis Port Harcourt Central Pst. & Mrs Oloche King Adaji, We specially invite you to the one day women conference tagged:"The Woman Without Limits", holding this Saturday by 9am No 3 Maxwell Adoki Street, Off Odili road. An encounter awaits you! Enquiry: 07030682013

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mstick:
True, below is the text I got from Dunamis, I had to text the number they provided to ask them why they want to put families at risk.

On behalf of the Resident Pst. Dunamis Port Harcourt Central Pst. & Mrs Oloche King Adaji, We specially invite you to the one day women conference tagged:"The Woman Without Limits", holding this Saturday by 9am No 3 Maxwell Adoki Street, Off Odili road. An encounter awaits you! Enquiry: 07030682013

Indeed.

I think we should copy Ghana , China and the West and start arresting these men who care only about $$$.

Our concern should be the elderly with underlying health issues and who are more susceptible to this virus and stand a high risk of dying.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Buliwyf: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mortiple:

I like how people whose lives are worthless always think its the same for everybody.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
Buliwyf:

I like how people whose lives are worthless always think its the same for everybody.

Unfortunately so :-)
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
It's going to be a real problem for many I think
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by hupernikao: 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
frosbel2:
Have you noticed how many pastors and men of god are still holding services even though they know their members could become infected with coronavirus and even die ? Have you wondered why?

Well let me tell you why. Because of $$$$$. Many charlatans stand to lose huge amounts of revenue from TITHES and OFFERINGS if members do not come to church.

Many so called men of God will suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, they will try to call this plague a hoax to encourage members to still attend church. They have no empathy or love for the members of their churches, it was and is always about $$$$.

These guys are going to lose big time in possessions and money and guess what? It is only the beginning of God’s judgement on their robbery, lies, sexual perversion and wickedness. Judgement will start with them.

The men have refused to let Gods people GO so he will wrench them out of their wicked business centres and punish them severely.

Your perceived hatred for Christ and his church is very alarming and has truly affected your way of thinking. When hatred filled your heart, you are prone to go any length or do anything to prove a point. Hatred clouds right judgement and can turn the most intelligent being to its lowest life as an inconsiderate, self centered poke.

From your write up, Even if we are to go by your assumption, let's assume what all those holding meetings in this period are after is money. It's obvious you didn't put much thought to your write up or better still you likewise might need proper orientation about the virus, Corona. At least you should know that the virus is not selective and can be contracted by anyone. And as you assumed anyone is large gathering can be prone to it. That begs for the question.

If what the pastor is after for calling for continued fellowship is money, then

- Is the pastor going to be walking inside a balloon or hide beside a fence to preach or minister to the congregation. Will he not interact with his colleagues, his workers, his associates who will also by extension associates with other people. Most times he does so even with his whole family in attendance. By doing so, is the pastor not also exposed to contracting the virus if that's your plight for the pews. Or he loves the money more than his life? his family? Think through your write up again, but this time set aside your guile.

Life is not contained in perishables, there are things that are far eternal than money. Desist from the attitude and hatred race you are running against Christ, I bet you, you will gas out because Christianity is not a sprint race, is eternal.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 20, 2020
hupernikao:

Your perceived hatred for Christ and his church is very alarming and has truly affected your way of thinking. When hatred filled your heart, you are prone to go any length or do anything to prove a point. Hatred clouds right judgement and can turn the most intelligent being to its lowest life as an inconsiderate, self centered poke.

I have no business with Christ and his church. Why would I hate a MYTH? On the contrary I feel sorry for those who are deceived.

Christianity is just one religion out of thousands, meaningless to me.

Life is not contained in perishables, there are things that are far eternal than money. Desist from the attitude and hatred race you are running against Christ, I bet you, you will gas out because Christianity is not a sprint race, is eternal.

Well , your pastors seem to be obsessed and absorbed with perishables rather than the spiritual, that’s why we call them out.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by hupernikao: 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
frosbel2:

I have no business with Christ and his church. Why would I hate a MYTH? On the contrary I feel sorry for those who are deceived.

Christianity is just one religion out of thousands, meaningless to me.

Well , your pastors seem to be obsessed and absorbed with perishables rather than the spiritual, that’s why we call them out.

Mr Frosbel,
You said you can't hate a "myth" yet you expend your energy daily to create post, to argue, to misconstrue things about the same "myth" everyday. That must be a great myth. Why that same myth, why is the same myth a burden to you daily, that you can't rest until you have a say.

And then you said you feel sorry.....
You feel sorry? Eeyaaa, what a "good heart". You must be a funny person in real life. It's most likely also, that same people feel same sorry for you.

On your quote below.

It's obvious again that you don't take much thought on things you post first, hence, most times your words are full of so much assumptions that it presents you in bad light.

When you say "your pastors seem to be obsessed and absorbed with perishables".

I asked you, how many churches have you been to, there are over 1,000 denominations around the world and more over pastors, yet, you are careless in your utterance of assumptions. Is that not based on your experience or where you have been.

Like I told you, it's obvious you haven't seen beyond what you experience, you haven't met the truth, the light, and faith likely.
Your experience counts for nothing when your heart is wrong or you are exposed to lies. Which ever one, your experience is what betrayed you not the faith in Christ. Hence stop making general statement that transcend your experience.

It's important you know that when the chips are down, reality will set in and you can only be left with one truth. I pray he finds you in your quest for the truth.
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2020
^^^^^^^

I see myself as a very knowledgeable person on Pentecostalism and extreme evangelical Christianity because I was once part of the sham.

It therefore behoves me to educate the ignorant and potential victims so that they do not spend the better of their youth chasing after myth.

cc
hupernikao

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2020
hupernikao:
Like I told you, it's obvious you haven't seen beyond what you experience, you haven't met the truth, the light, and faith likely.
Your experience counts for nothing when your heart is wrong or you are exposed to lies. Which ever one, your experience is what betrayed you not the faith in Christ. Hence stop making general statement that transcend your experience.

The muslims say the same thing. They say anyone who left Islam was never a muslim to begin with.

I know my experiences and my dedication and my endless prayers and endless vigils, and endless fastings and thousands of pounds paid in tithes and offerings , and attendance of 90% of church services , acting many times as an usher, house leader, school leader , usher leader etc etc. I have read the bible thoroughly ; I have seen your sham both from the inside and the outside. I consider myself someone with the innate ability to help countless others avoid the excesses of these shams.
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Billyddude: 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
frosbel2:

The muslims say the same thing. They say anyone who left Islam was never a muslim to begin with.

I know my experiences and my dedication and my endless prayers and endless vigils, and endless fastings and thousands of pounds paid in tithes and offerings , and attendance of 90% of church services , acting many times as an usher, house leader, school leader , usher leader etc etc. I have read the bible thoroughly ; I have seen your sham both from the inside and the outside. I consider myself someone with the innate ability to help countless others avoid the excesses of these shams.
grin grin grin u have woken up from slumber
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
frosbel2:

Your brain is fed up with things that their brains keep feeding on.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Reality11: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
frosbel2:

Lol. I suspect that you are one of the charltans or their henchmen.

Of course , many economies will feel the impact but the governments are bringing in measures to help the most vulnerable and poor people , by GIVING them MONEY and other assistance , not by TAKING their MONEY in the name of ROBBERY called TITHES. TITHE RECEIVERS are CRIMINALS.

cool

Guy they are not robbers or criminals they are business men and they are making cool cash.

Bet9ja does advert that you'll win millions if you play, are they lairs? But go try

So all this pastors doing adverts, promising success, protection or after life in exchange of tithe are not criminals to me oo na just business packaging grin it is part of the fee for deliverance, gods protection and blessing, and a blissful after life

The same brain that made you think and realise that it's all sham, all those tithe givers have it, no one forced them to give. They willingly give due to mumurism

As far as what they do won't have direct effects on me, they are welcomed
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by obisco4u: 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
Mortiple:

What is your life worth when all you see are idiots?
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Reality11: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
frosbel2:

I know my experiences and my dedication and my endless prayers and endless vigils, and endless fastings and thousands of pounds paid in tithes and offerings , and attendance of 90% of church services , acting many times as an usher, house leader, school leader , usher leader etc etc grin. I have read the bible thoroughly ; I have seen your sham both from the inside and the outside. I consider myself someone with the innate ability to help countless others avoid the excesses of these shams.

This people have suck you finish

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by lepasharon(f): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
Mortiple:

Who told you pastors aren't a problem in Nigeria?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
Reality11:

This people have suck you finish

Well that is past tense, I am doing way better now and using my intelligence and resources for better things. smiley
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by hupernikao: 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
frosbel2:

What if all your experiences are wrong. What if you discovered that you have always been misled or never had the right heart. I can go on and on.

The truth is, man's experience either in the past or now doesn't validate the reality of God's word. God's truth is God's truth, it won't change whether you judge by your experiences or another. So, put aside your experiences and seek to let the scriptures speaks of itself. Most times, it's because of our inordinate desire that we end up in hands of twisters of scriptures. When you seek with the right heart, you will find.

For example there are basic things that guide bible study, irrespective of who preached it to you, the basics of interpretation shouldn't change, either by dropping the Holyghost line "the holyghost reveals this to me" or by claiming God said. One basic bible interpretation rule is that a scripture or verse of a scripture will not mean today, what it never meant when it was written. That is the holyghost will not communicate to you today, what wasn't the intent of the writer when he was inspired by the same holyghost to write. Hence the work of the holyghost in us today is to reveal his inspiration to the original author when he was inspired to write. Same spirit, same words, same interpretation.

Just by simply reading well itself will give you a knowledge of what was taught as a believer. But when you desire or develop strange desires, things, you will receive same.

Is when we aren't ready or truthful ourselves that's we end up mixing agospel with gospel.

I still maintain my stand that you weren't presented the gospel of Christ or you didn't receive it with a right heart. Which ever the case, a change of thought and relearning is required and you should be open to that.
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
hupernikao:

What if all your experiences are wrong. What if you discovered that you have always been misled or never had the right heart. I can go on and on.

And I also ask you ;

"What if all your experiences are wrong. What if you discovered that you have always been misled or never had the right heart. I can go on and on. "

The truth is, man's experience either in the past or now doesn't validate the reality of God's word. God's truth is God's truth, it won't change whether you judge by your experiences or another. So, put aside your experiences and seek to let the scriptures speaks of itself. Most times, it's because of our inordinate desire that we end up in hands of twisters of scriptures. When you seek with the right heart, you will find.

Is the BIBLE an INERRANT BOOK and do you consider it to be wholly the word of God ?

I still maintain my stand that you weren't presented the gospel of Christ or you didn't receive it with a right heart. Which ever the case, a change of thought and relearning is required and you should be open to that.

And, I also maintain my stand that you do not know the TRUTH. Quoting you , I say "Which ever the case, a change of thought and relearning is required and you should be open to that"

smiley
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nwadiuto247: 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
frosbel2:

Most churches held online service today so stop saying what you dont know.
Re: The Reason Why Pastors Are Still Holding Services Despite Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Most churches held online service today so stop saying what you dont know.

Correct and that is because the government banned large gatherings....

Look at the date of the OP.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Holds Crusade Despite Govt Ban- A Rejoind / Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? / Iphone Analogy: God Will Fix You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.