Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? (897 Views)

I Want To Win Guinness World Records With My Beautiful Shrine - Herbalist Brags / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 7:32am On Mar 21, 2021
As a boy I was fascinated with the religious zeal of my uncle who was a Deeper Life Member then. People in my Community talked good about his ways in his presence and absence.
I admired this his quality and I decided to join Deeper Life Church with him. His virtues rubbed me as well.
However there was a gap I realized later between us. He was looking up to Jesus exemplary life. I was looking up to him because he was the closest reason I joined Deeper Life.
He was seen as a man of peace, honesty and truthfulness in the Community. I admired these qualities.
One day we went out for evangelism. We went round the Community preaching. In some of our stops he would ask me to preach. It was a bit difficult for me cause I lacked in-depth knowledge of what to say.
However, repeatedly I could remember asking the Community to repent as Christ is coming soon. This i realized was the hallmark of his message. And I hinged on it.
We soon got to where our Community Shrine was. He stopped close by and started to preach. He, this time, preached against idolatry. I never thought of anything except non violently preaching against the practice of sacrificing animals to sticks and mud.
All of a sudden, he turned to me and asked me to go to his house to bring matchbox. I was afraid. I would not want to participate in burning the shrine, one for fear of the shrine and the other for changing the perception the people had for us and especially my Uncle.
My parents also would not be happy to hear that I participated in that.
I wanted to be known as a good and well behaved boy in the Community. Burning the shrine was off my set objectives.
I obeyed him got to his house. I did pray for God's direction.
When I got there I saw the matchbox but rather hid it and got back to tell him that I didn't find it.
He sent me back twice and I came back as well with the same statement. He gave money to buy and I bought and on my way back I used saliva to dampen the sides of the matchbox.
I took it to him he tried and it could not ignite. He became tired and we left.
I told him we should concentrate on evangelism that it would win more souls and followers for Christ than provoking what the Community believed.
Today as I write this, my Community has no Shrine again as Christianity has been adopted as the official religion.
As the elders seat for any gathering they pray to Christ first.
Praise the Lord.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Lighthouse50: 7:35am On Mar 21, 2021
Just be sincere that you feared the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by bluebay(m): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2021
You did the right thing ... Preach the Gospel and win soul. Not going place to place to Burn shrines that doesn’t belong to your family... Them never gather you beat once. Na why.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Anigreat: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2021
shocked

Being a Christian doesn't mean one go to the length of burning shrine to prove that he is one.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 7:42am On Mar 21, 2021
Lighthouse50:
Just be sincere that you feared the outcome.
I didn't lie. I said it. I was afraid of the Shrine. I was just a boy in JS 2 then.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2021
Sijo01:
God gave you the wisdom your uncle lacks.

Burning the shrine would have no doubt provoked the community.

You can only do your part by preaching the gospel. You cannot force anyone to adopt it.
Exactly my thoughts...

To believe the gospel is by choice not by force.

I hope the Op is still saved though... It seems a long time ago.

God bless.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by harmargedon: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2021
The first question you should have asked yourself was what was the function of the shrine. As a child I wouldn't blame you, but your fathers that kept that shrine had a reason for that. Learn to ask questions first before doing certain things, because many things we do comes with great debt that must be paid.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Sijo01(f): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2021
God gave you the wisdom your uncle lacks.

Burning the shrine would have no doubt provoked the community.

You can only do your part by preaching the gospel. You cannot force anyone to adopt it.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by OlayemiAshraf(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2021
It's so hilarious your brother wants to burn his ancestor because of white man ancestors grin grin
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Ejike07: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2021
what a wisdom!!! I salute you young man. Overzealousness make people to attract diabolical curses on themselves. Let me tell you, what many people don't know is that these forces have been empowered by people of old who engaged them and they have come to stay, yes, traditional worship has been before Christianity came - I meant in Africa but I asked those people if their worship is connected directly to the Almighty himself. Dont just dare these spirits without the wisdom of God, they are air, water, earth, fire, etc spirits they communicate daily and God hears them. remember in the Bible where the devil is the accuser of the breathren, these spirits report of negative aspects of human activities daily. Rememberd himself is a God of justice, be careful.

There are spiritual principles that must be kept. Where there is a shrine, there is a chief priest dedicated to it's worship, there are also notable elders whose lives and their pledged generation have been contracted to these shrines and there are the community people whose lives have been surposedly protected(sic) by these shrines.

so before anyone tampers a shrine, no matter how spiritually powerful unless BEING DIRECTLY LED BY GOD HIMSELF.

The angels, when there was war in heaven could not, I repeat, the angels could not defeat Lucifer until God himself commissioned Michael the angel as we know him and he did the needful, not only defeating but casting Lucifer out of God's presence completely. Remember Michael has nothing to touch Lucifer's glory, strength and authority - yeah put it this way that Michael was Lucifer's boy but was never being able to be carried away by Lucifer's sweet talk of usurping God's authority. Michael's direct attention was towards God almighty Himself!

So the forces behind most shrines are potent and very old, God almighty already knows about them, He in turn has given us wisdom to first of all approach the descendant of these people, speak to them the word of God first and let the Holy Spirit do the actual talking inside them, they in turn will feel very convinced and we'll grounded in God's word to know that they have been in idol worship which God himself abhored. They will Garner their people, come to an agreement, pray and the potency of such shrines becomes a thing of the past. Although there might try a comback. but they already know when they are completely beaten.

Most rivers, thick bushes, Rocky areas, special places that have one point in time or the other that have amazed people to the extent of trying to apportion praise to a spirit they thought did such wonders, and such spirit who thrive of the worship of man takes possession of what man has given him and the rest is what is being seen as shrines etc

God almighty Himself gave us all kinds of authority concerning this word of ours, but one way or the other, we pledge our authority to the devil and that's how he seem powerful against us

Hey! man or woman, you are far more spiritually powerful than you think but most of our daily activities cloud of spiritual reasoning. I don't need to quote scriptures are most of what have been written have scriptural backup, I intend to attract general readership but it's still no for all.

God Almighty himself gave us the position Lucifer so carelessly tossed away and Lucifer is not happy about it, he know he has no redemption. His joy now is to torment and deceive man so that man will hand over his God given power over to Lucifer. A little example about money ritual which a person will give what he cherishes most (of course it's man's soul) but will be in form of a body part, blood, etc
Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
chrisxxx:
As a boy I was fascinated with the religious zeal of my uncle who was a Deeper Life Member then. People in my Community talked good about his ways in his presence and absence.
I admired this his quality and I decided to join Deeper Life Church with him. His virtues rubbed me as well.
However there was a gap I realized later between us. He was looking up to Jesus exemplary life. I was looking up to him because he was the closest reason I joined Deeper Life.
He was seen as a man of peace, honesty and truthfulness in the Community. I admired these qualities.
One day we went out for evangelism. We went round the Community preaching. In some of our stops he would ask me to preach. It was a bit difficult for me cause I lacked in-depth knowledge of what to say.
However, repeatedly I could remember asking the Community to repent as Christ is coming soon. This i realized was the hallmark of his message. And I hinged on it.
We soon got to where our Community Shrine was. He stopped close by and started to preach. He, this time, preached against idolatry. I never thought of anything except non violently preaching against the practice of sacrificing animals to sticks and mud.
All of a sudden, he turned to me and asked me to go to his house to bring matchbox. I was afraid. I would not want to participate in burning the shrine, one for fear of the shrine and the other for changing the perception the people had for us and especially my Uncle.
I wanted to be known as a good and well behaved boy in the Community. Burning the shrine was off my set objectives.
When I got there I saw the matchbox but rather hid it and got back to tell him that I didn't find it.
He sent me back twice and I came back as well with the same statement. He gave money to buy and I bought and on my way back I used saliva to dampen the sides of the matchbox.
I told him we should concentrate on evangelism that it would win more souls and followers for Christ than provoking what the Community believed.
Today as I write this, my Community has no Shrine again as Christianity has been adopted as the official religion.
Praise the Lord.
You did the right thing and probably helped keep your uncle from falling down a terrible rabbit hole too.

Jesus Christ never went around burning idols that belong to others. It is up to those who have them to get rid of their idols.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You did the right thing and probably helped keep your uncle from falling down a terrible rabbit hole too.

Jesus Christ never went around burning idols that belong to others. It is up to those who have them to get rid of their idols.
Thanks
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ejike07:
what a wisdom!!! I salute you young man. Overzealousness make people to attract diabolical curses on themselves. Let me tell you, what many people don't know is that these forces have been empowered by people of old who engaged them and they have come to stay, yes, traditional worship has been before Christianity came - I meant in Africa but I asked those people if their worship is connected directly to the Almighty himself. Dont just dare these spirits without the wisdom of God, they are air, water, earth, fire, etc spirits they communicate daily and God hears them. remember in the Bible where the devil is the accuser of the breathren, these spirits report of negative aspects of human activities daily. Rememberd himself is a God of justice, be careful.

There are spiritual principles that must be kept. Where there is a shrine, there is a chief priest dedicated to it's worship, there are also notable elders whose lives and their pledged generation have been contracted to these shrines and there are the community people whose lives have been surposedly protected(sic) by these shrines.

so before anyone tampers a shrine, no matter how spiritually powerful unless BEING DIRECTLY LED BY GOD HIMSELF.

The angels, when there was war in heaven could not, I repeat, the angels could not defeat Lucifer until God himself commissioned Michael the angel as we know him and he did the needful, not only defeating but casting Lucifer out of God's presence completely. Remember Michael has nothing to touch Lucifer's glory, strength and authority - yeah put it this way that Michael was Lucifer's boy but was never being able to be carried away by Lucifer's sweet talk of usurping God's authority. Michael's direct attention was towards God almighty Himself!

So the forces behind most shrines are potent and very old, God almighty already knows about them, He in turn has given us wisdom to first of all approach the descendant of these people, speak to them the word of God first and let the Holy Spirit do the actual talking inside them, they in turn will feel very convinced and we'll grounded in God's word to know that they have been in idol worship which God himself abhored. They will Garner their people, come to an agreement, pray and the potency of such shrines becomes a thing of the past. Although there might try a comback. but they already know when they are completely beaten.

Most rivers, thick bushes, Rocky areas, special places that have one point in time or the other that have amazed people to the extent of trying to apportion praise to a spirit they thought did such wonders, and such spirit who thrive of the worship of man takes possession of what man has given him and the rest is what is being seen as shrines etc

God almighty Himself gave us all kinds of authority concerning this word of ours, but one way or the other, we pledge our authority to the devil and that's how he seem powerful against us

Hey! man or woman, you are far more spiritually powerful than you think but most of our daily activities cloud of spiritual reasoning. I don't need to quote scriptures are most of what have been written have scriptural backup, I intend to attract general readership but it's still no for all.

God Almighty himself gave us the position Lucifer so carelessly tossed away and Lucifer is not happy about it, he know he has no redemption. His joy now is to torment and deceive man so that man will hand over his God given power over to Lucifer. A little example about money ritual which a person will give what he cherishes most (of course it's man's soul) but will be in form of a body part, blood, etc
Thank you all
Bros I was about 14 then and in JS 2. Where that wisdom came from remains a mystery to me till date.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by FatherOfJesus: 3:03am On Mar 22, 2021
You, your community, your god and the suppose god of your community are in an entanglement of delusion. grin

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Ejike07: 11:44am On Mar 22, 2021
chrisxxx:

Bros I was about 14 then and in JS 2. Where that wisdom came from remains a mystery to me till date.

My guy, you asked for God's guidance and direction and he gave it to you simple! people think God almighty is a creation of our imagination

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ejike07:

My guy, you asked for God's guidance and direction and he gave it to you simple! people think God almighty is a creation of our imagination
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You, your community, your god and the suppose god of your community are in an entanglement of delusion. grin
Change drugs bro. Your body has got used to prescription. Sometimes it happens this way. I know this when I was working in a Psychiatric Hospital.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
chrisxxx:
Change drugs bro. Your body has got used to prescription. Sometimes it happens this way. I know this when I was working in a Psychiatric Hospital.
Where? undecided
I hope you are not here making fun of our resident mental health patient. angry
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where? undecided
I hope you are not here making fun of our resident mental health patient. angry
Lol. In all honesty I am only advising him.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by elated177: 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
chrisxxx:
Praise the Lord.

Is this story true?

What wisdom?

You lied more than once. The Set-apart Spirit of the Father in heaven couldn't had instructed you to lie.

Was your uncle a follower of the Messiah or not? Was your uncle led by the Spirit of the Most High, YHVH Almighty, to burn or destroy the shrine?

Now, about burning or destroying shrines or altars, here are the contributions.

You are free to burn or destroy a shrine or altar if it is in your house, land, compound or your father's house, compound or land, regardless of who planted or raised it.

Such things as community shrines or altars belong to a lot of people and you can only destroy them physically if the inhabitants of such community agree.

However, the presence of a believer and follower of Yahushua the Messiah in such community or environment is enough to weaken, if not terminate, the spiritual activities of such shrine or altar spiritually. The body of the saint, servant or messenger is the temple of Yahushua the Messiah and is, by that very fact, greater and more powerful than any demonic or satanic altar or shrine. What/who the saint, servant or messenger of Yahushua the Messiah has in him or her, makes him or her a greater "shrine or altar" and no demonic or satanic altar can beat that.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by FatherOfJesus: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
chrisxxx:

You all are the psychiatric patients with imaginary sky friends.
You are sick upstairs
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Uyi168: 3:21am On Mar 23, 2021
It's all cool too when boko boys go around burning churches...
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You all are the psychiatric patients with imaginary sky friends.
You are sick upstairs
It is a known symptom of lunacy and psychiatric disorder of self denial.
I know this symptom.
You need to change drug. Trust me it works. Whatever be the outcome let me know. I can be of help. I will not be provoked even if you abuse me. That is one of the effects of psychedelic illusions.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
elated177:

Is this story true?

What wisdom?

You lied more than once. The Set-apart Spirit of the Father in heaven couldn't had instructed you to lie.

Was your uncle a follower of the Messiah or not? Was your uncle led by the Spirit of the Most High, YHVH Almighty, to burn or destroy the shrine?

Now, about burning or destroying shrines or altars, here are the contributions.

You are free to burn or destroy a shrine or altar if it is in your house, land, compound or your father's house, compound or land, regardless of who planted or raised it.

Such things as community shrines or altars belong to a lot of people and you can only destroy them physically if the inhabitants of such community agree.

However, the presence of a believer and follower of Yahushua the Messiah in such community or environment is enough to weaken, if not terminate, the spiritual activities of such shrine or altar spiritually. The body of the saint, servant or messenger is the temple of Yahushua the Messiah and is, by that very fact, greater and more powerful than any demonic or satanic altar or shrine. What/who the saint, servant or messenger of Yahushua the Messiah has in him or her, makes him or her a greater "shrine or altar" and no demonic or satanic altar can beat that.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!

I told you what I did.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Samueltemi337(m): 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
What I don't understand is why your uncle didn't go get the matchbox himself
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Probably some sort of show of force on his part... grin
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by elated177: 12:16am On Mar 24, 2021
chrisxxx:

I told you what I did.

Ehehehehe!
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chuose2: 3:17am On Mar 24, 2021
chrisxxx:
Praise the Lord.

Oga u sure say u Sabi Jesus?

From Wetin u write satan still dey direct u

The effort u used to protect the idol hints that satan stil be ur oga
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 6:59am On Mar 24, 2021
chuose2:

Oga u sure say u Sabi Jesus?

From Wetin u write satan still dey direct u

The effort u used to protect the idol hints that satan stil be ur oga
Peter became one of the greatest disciples after lying that he didn't know Jesus.
Secondly, if you read the story line you will understand that my aim of going to the church was to be like my uncle who does not look for anyone trouble and not to be a fanatical religious bigot.
Thirdly Christ even let some demons to be when he was in earth because their time has not come.
Give to Caesar what is Caesar.
Thanks.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by chrisxxx(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Bros when you are in spirit you wouldn't want to move.
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
chrisxxx:

Peter became one of the greatest disciples after lying that he didn't know Jesus.
Secondly, if you read the story line you will understand that my aim of going to the church was to be like my uncle who does not look for anyone trouble and not to be a fanatical religious bigot.
Thirdly Christ even let some demons to be when he was in earth because their time has not come.
Give to Caesar what is Caesar.
Thanks.
who be Caesar in this one? grin
Re: Did I Make A Good Decision Not To Burn My Community's Shrine? by FatherOfJesus: 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
chrisxxx:

It is a known symptom of lunacy and psychiatric disorder of self denial.
I know this symptom.
You need to change drug. Trust me it works. Whatever be the outcome let me know. I can be of help. I will not be provoked even if you abuse me. That is one of the effects of psychedelic illusions.
I don’t have imaginary friends in the sky, you need the doctor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Church Member Exposes Tb Joshua's Secrets / 80% Of Our Ancestors Got our Religion Through This ( Photo ) / As A Christian; Do You Know About The Existence Of This Lizard?(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.