Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196851 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
Very very,
DMPaulSr:

grin grin

Is it edible?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
There she is

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
This Red blend has BlackBerry in it and others ......

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by DMPaulSr: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2020
Chiggsglover:
Very very,

cheesy

No need to ask what happened afterwards.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 3:19am On Aug 08, 2020
Chiggsglover:
It was in the news today that Twitter CEO is gonna partially fund the relief package the government has for the those who are about to be evicted from their houses due to the Covid effect. I was just here thinking about Nigeria.
What has the billionaires done since the Lockdown started, the virus is yet to hit Africa, it was also in the news that one political leader that believed that Christians cannot get the virus, got the virus and is receiving medical attention, south Africa cases has started to rise, very fast, the Lockdown Nigeria went on could take effect because another thing other than corona virus will finish Nigerians in their house, which we all know to be H.

All the pastors and the church funds, what are they using it for, who will congregate when half of the population start to die, these Nigerian pastors have truly failed us, we hear how they raise folks from the dead, healed incurable disease like HIV and AIDS, TB, barreness, blindness, even broken arm, it's online, one woman with a funny arm has been used for Miracle skit by five churches, WHY HAVENT THEY HEALED CORONA VIRUS, it's curable by the way, not as tough as a dead person, or a person living with AIDS, I'm yet to see a pastor laying hands like they do, with some handling juicy parts of a female all in the name of skabash, instead they pray from afar.

Since the church has refused to end the virus with Prayer, why haven't they used resources to support those at the Frontline who are doing the Real work, laying their life for you, your loved ones and humanity, just as Jesus Christ did for us, He died, so we can live. I don't see how our religious leaders is laying an example, by sacrificing little of the finances, for the greater good.

'Be thou an example of the believer in word, conversation, ........'

Prayer works, I'm not an atheist, I still tune to my services and get blessed but these questions needs to be asked.
If you pray, you need to do. Unless you won't experience any action. Prayer works actually, looking at it without the exaggerations Nigerian pastors has turn God, a magician and an Herbalist, if you still believe in handkerchiefs, oils, Holy water, you're very much into fetishism and idolatry. My mum had arthritis, one prayer house gave my mum blessed olive oil to be drinking, arthritis is also caused by cholesterol, the illness almost struck her dead. When I was applying for visa, they gave me too, see better oil, very light and cute, I[b][/b] used it to fry egg and I loved the texture, my appetite was gratified and visa was approved, why should waste a wonderful oil on my head, plus the heat that one to kill somebody in Nigeria, I should now be pouring oil on my head. Ooin[b][/b]

If as a kid, I was told that the Church all over the world will be shut down for more than 6 months, because attending services at a point in time will bring death to me and not life, I will tell the person to GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN.

Here's how prayer also works, it brings the pressing issue to mind and you are able to meditate in a calm way cos you're in the presence of the most high, it's only in emergencies that we pray with anxiety, you're relaxed and clearhead and open to thoughts and inspiration that might prove to be the solution to the problem or you might receive an alternative path that might yield success. After you're done praying and you Do, the issue is gone and prayer has been answered.

I have seen this happen in my family a lot, we will have a pressing problem and after the prayer my dad will call us and tell us that while we were praying, the Lord God laid it in his heart to try this, that's the Golden result, we then do the Do and get a good result.
Okay all the prayer we've been praying about Nigeria, where has it gotten us to, most of the richest people in the world, majority of them are not Christians and never prayed and yet we waved them aside that they got their wealth in evil ways, Rothschild, JPMORGAN, Coca-Cola people, Google, facebook, IBM, Nestlé, these guys own the world, it's few Christians like Heinz, quaker oat that we will use as examples.

That's Kenneth Copeland below, the man even spat at the camera hoping to drive off the Pandemic by Faith with the breath n saliva from his mouth. Smh

What in the world is Twitter when the world has perished, the only living things that will be tweeting is the Birds. The CEO deserves kudos

In as much as there's a lot if humour in what you wrote, it's simply the truth. A lot of Nigerians are blinded by the church mentality. Even in the lockdown some churches held secret services and people went, but dressed casually. I had to ask one of the church goers that can't you pray at home? Does she know she can get the Corona and transmit it to her community if anyone gets in her Church. Even the Bible says give Caeser Things to Caeser, meaning we should give honour to the government of our Time. But the person saw me as a devil advocate. Now Churches are opening on Sunday, you nee to see the jubilation on my street, alot of people won't put in practice the Government regulations for opening Churches. Honestly I don't talk about this Church thing, as alot of people tag me as an atheist because I don't share their reasoning. Shrugs

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Othniels: 10:44am On Aug 10, 2020
I think you guys should stick to your adventures in Ireland talk which you understand and leave christianity out, if you don't understand it. And if you choose to be an atheist or to serve anything for that matter, its your choice. Everything is a choice. Leave others to theirs

wowdiva:

In as much as there's a lot if humour in what you wrote, it's simply the truth. A lot of Nigerians are blinded by the church mentality. Even in the lockdown some churches held secret services and people went, but dressed casually. I had to ask one of the church goers that can't you pray at home? Does she know she can get the Corona and transmit it to her community if anyone gets in her Church. Even the Bible says give Caeser Things to Caeser, meaning we should give honour to the government of our Time. But the person saw me as a devil advocate. Now Churches are opening on Sunday, you nee to see the jubilation on my street, alot of people won't put in practice the Government regulations for opening Churches. Honestly I don't talk about this Church thing, as alot of people tag me as an atheist because I don't share their reasoning. Shrugs

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2020
Chiggsglover, it's been some days now. Awaiting your updates please

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
I was using my phone and going through my feeds...when something yellowish flashed by at the corner of my view....i looked and saw Danfo.....it was as if I was zapped back to Nigeria...more like a deja vu,
I spent lots of time lost in thought and couldn't stop staring at that Volkswagen bus, Danfo o, I remembered all the arm pit I inhaled whenever I sat next to the conductor, I especially like to sit in front or at the far back towards the window.

Sitting at the back is like watching a cinema movie, especially when there's a fight, the sweetest is warri girls vs conductor, I will sit, keep my phone away and laugh the loudest, it's as satisfying as watching a stand up comedian. And when it's a long journey I manipulatively try to add fuel to the fire by picking a side so the Savage exchange of words will continue to flow. One time they pounced on me too and gave me
Or conductors vs the Yoruba boys, this gives me the satisfaction of watching a street fight, I find it very entertaining, the conductors always fight like a cornered snake, they have nothing to lose. While the boys that have somewhere to go will fight cautiously.

Staring at this pictures always remind me of that feeling

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
That's how a taxi looks like in the Lockdown.
There's a protective screen between the driver and the passenger.
You can see a display here, I won't lie, I've been swindled a lot by blacks than the irish, that's just bad
Normally, the price shows on that meter, the driver will insist on me paying higher than that, they'll add, basically rounding it up.

I went somewhere once and the fare on the meter was €12, I had €20, the irish guy told me, €2 won't make him rich, and gave me €10 change, he rounded it down, now up, naija guy for just hand me €5, because I had a relaxing ride and I want to treat myself, I won't have the energy to argue with him. I'll just consider it as his patriotic tip and hope he gets rich from the tips.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Driver this time was a Woman,

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
wowdiva:

Hahaha
That's so true actually, it's sad, it's important to focus on the real thing not on spiritualism.
It's easier to pray than to work.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
wowdiva:
Chiggsglover, it's been some days now. Awaiting your updates please
Coming right up

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2020
Chiggsglover:
It was in the news today that Twitter CEO is gonna partially fund the relief package the government has for the those who are about to be evicted from their houses due to the Covid effect. I was just here thinking about Nigeria.
What has the billionaires done since the Lockdown started, the virus is yet to hit Africa, it was also in the news that one political leader that believed that Christians cannot get the virus, got the virus and is receiving medical attention, south Africa cases has started to rise, very fast, the Lockdown Nigeria went on could take effect because another thing other than corona virus will finish Nigerians in their house, which we all know to be H.

All the pastors and the church funds, what are they using it for, who will congregate when half of the population start to die, these Nigerian pastors have truly failed us, we hear how they raise folks from the dead, healed incurable disease like HIV and AIDS, TB, barreness, blindness, even broken arm, it's online, one woman with a funny arm has been used for Miracle skit by five churches, WHY HAVENT THEY HEALED CORONA VIRUS, it's curable by the way, not as tough as a dead person, or a person living with AIDS, I'm yet to see a pastor laying hands like they do, with some handling juicy parts of a female all in the name of skabash, instead they pray from afar.

Since the church has refused to end the virus with Prayer, why haven't they used resources to support those at the Frontline who are doing the Real work, laying their life for you, your loved ones and humanity, just as Jesus Christ did for us, He died, so we can live. I don't see how our religious leaders is laying an example, by sacrificing little of the finances, for the greater good.

'Be thou an example of the believer in word, conversation, ........'

Prayer works, I'm not an atheist, I still tune to my services and get blessed but these questions needs to be asked.
If you pray, you need to do. Unless you won't experience any action. Prayer works actually, looking at it without the exaggerations Nigerian pastors has turn God, a magician and an Herbalist, if you still believe in handkerchiefs, oils, Holy water, you're very much into fetishism and idolatry. My mum had arthritis, one prayer house gave my mum blessed olive oil to be drinking, arthritis is also caused by cholesterol, the illness almost struck her dead. When I was applying for visa, they gave me too, see better oil, very light and cute, I used it to fry egg and I loved the texture, my appetite was gratified and visa was approved, why should waste a wonderful oil on my head, plus the heat that one to kill somebody in Nigeria, I should now be pouring oil on my head. Ooin

If as a kid, I was told that the Church all over the world will be shut down for more than 6 months, because attending services at a point in time will bring death to me and not life, I will tell the person to GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN.

Here's how prayer also works, it brings the pressing issue to mind and you are able to meditate in a calm way cos you're in the presence of the most high, it's only in emergencies that we pray with anxiety, you're relaxed and clearhead and open to thoughts and inspiration that might prove to be the solution to the problem or you might receive an alternative path that might yield success. After you're done praying and you Do, the issue is gone and prayer has been answered.

I have seen this happen in my family a lot, we will have a pressing problem and after the prayer my dad will call us and tell us that while we were praying, the Lord God laid it in his heart to try this, that's the Golden result, we then do the Do and get a good result.
Okay all the prayer we've been praying about Nigeria, where has it gotten us to, most of the richest people in the world, majority of them are not Christians and never prayed and yet we waved them aside that they got their wealth in evil ways, Rothschild, JPMORGAN, Coca-Cola people, Google, facebook, IBM, Nestlé, these guys own the world, it's few Christians like Heinz, quaker oat that we will use as examples.

That's Kenneth Copeland below, the man even spat at the camera hoping to drive off the Pandemic by Faith with the breath n saliva from his mouth. Smh

What in the world is Twitter when the world has perished, the only living things that will be tweeting is the Birds. The CEO deserves kudos
You're going to cause fight here with this post.. Lol.

Nigerians and Africans in general don't want anyone talking about the flaws in their religion or way of life. They're too blind to see some things and rather remain blind till they go to "paradise".

Great thread you have here!

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Immunity04: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
This thread is very Educative, I've been reading from page 1and OP I'm impressed with your writing skills keep it up bro. Can I PM you?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
Still following...I think Flight and visa price to DUBLIN would have increased...Is there anyone one who got an idea?? cheesy

Great work @chiggslover
Got any idea?
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Syphax(m): 7:27am On Aug 12, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Yeah
Dublin business school is actually affordable, I'm paying €11500, for a one yr course, I was given €1000 of scholarship in master's. This is way cheaper and a far cry from spending two yrs to do a post graduate diploma because I no get 2'1 and another two years for masters proper in canada. Making 4yrs!!!!!!!!!!
Good morning bro. Please can one do a masters programme over there in Ireland with a GPA of 3.2 instead of doing a PGD programme first? You know in Nigeria one of the criteria for doing a PGD before doing masters is if your GPA isn't up to 3.0

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2020
Chiggsglover:
I was gonna show you guys the backyard with a garden of Shrubs, brambles and flowers, biggest I've seen in a house that's not built for luxury.

Explain something to me, please. How do you guys cope with having windows and full glass doors without burglary proofs? Also, looking at the backyard, one can easily sneak in and cart away your properties since there is no fence or gateman.

How do you guys cope? Isn't that living a life of constant fear?

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Theblink123: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Othniels:
I think you guys should stick to your adventures in Ireland talk which you understand and leave christianity out, if you don't understand it. And if you choose to be an atheist or to serve anything for that matter, its your choice. Everything is a choice. Leave others to theirs

Thank you my brother, well said

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Explain something to me, please. How do you guys cope with having windows and full glass doors without burglary proofs? Also, looking at the backyard, one can easily sneak in and cart away your properties since there is no fence or gateman.

How do you guys cope? Isn't that living a life of constant fear?

Truth is at out backyard, we only have a wire mesh that has been covered with climbers and other plants, I'm sure it has rusted cos foxes do pass through a lot and I'm sure they are not as nimble as cats to jump over it.

There's better financial security here, anyone that begs here might just be stranded or is a crackhead, they all get money from the government, I wrote a lot about this. I've heard of just one case of burglary from someone that has stayed here for some time, she was living in the city centre and went to church, only for her house to be raided, she reported to the guards, and within 24 hours, her laptop, and jewelries was recovered, how they did it, I don't know. Though they flashed the laptop, hehe.

Because the government takes care of jobless people here, it poses a problem, they become bored n jobless, and start to cause trouble. They would mug people just for the fun of it. Stealing phones and throwing it in the bin, they might be looking for pictures that they can use to blackmail you, I don't know o, they will just rob for the quick cash.

Safety is very high here, if only these boys will put their energy elsewhere....even the irish people are complaining too o, I thought it was racism cos they might just Leer at those they feel looks better than them....jealousy thing.
Say No To Drugs.

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Syphax:

Good morning bro. Please can one do a masters programme over there in Ireland with a GPA of 3.2 instead of doing a PGD programme first? You know in Nigeria one of the criteria for doing a PGD before doing masters is if your GPA isn't up to 3.0
Shoot your shot, as long as it's not Third class, the doors to do your masters is wide open. That haunted me as I finished with a 3.47, Ireland was a better option, even the UK also.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Activist001:

You're going to cause fight here with this post.. Lol.

Nigerians and Africans in general don't want anyone talking about the flaws in their religion or way of life. They're too blind to see some things and rather remain blind till they go to "paradise".

Great thread you have here!
Thanks man
Hahahaha, me I don talk my own sha, the way we practiced christianity in Nigeria isn't the way it's meant to be o.
I was enjoying and being blessed by preacher the in CAN's president church. Something struck me when I noticed how plain the area the congregation sat and how lavish and luxurious the pulpit where him and his wife sat, it felt like a throne....theres a world of difference between what I saw there and what I see here.

Class and inequality will breed lows and highs, not many people can be in the high as it can only contain very few.
The rich will waste lots of money buying overpriced items, the companies that make them put an exorbitant price just because it's considered a premium item. And folks spend a lot to buy it, the poor needs just a little to eat and survive. When there was a lockdown here, everybody in the country that lost their job both the students that get €200 weekly working just 20 hours to the specialist and managers that get about €3000 weekly on a €350 weekly relief, now that's Equality.

Me wey dey collect €200 from hustling, I no work, I come dey collect €350,

Being rich isn't about acquiring everything at once too early, there's a limit to what you can even buy. Imagine if you were gifted a 2020 rolls royce, and you were able to visit all the tourist attractions in the world in 5 years, after then your happiness will be in a terrible decline, there's no next best thing to hope for. This is also why the rich also commit suicide cos the thrill is gone. That's why you see the rich rushing items that aren't functional. A face mask was launched recently, it was made with gem stones, can you wear it to protect your life? They even launched gold toilet paper, and even tissue paper with real dollar bills.

The best thing is to spread the fun over the years, there's a reason why self made millionaires will feel fulfilled than those born in wealth.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Syphax(m): 5:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Shoot your shot, as long as it's not Third class, the doors to do your masters is wide open. That haunted me as I finished with a 3.47, Ireland was a better option, even the UK also.
Thanks boss. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by senitop(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2020
Chiggs wise man.

Always good with the words.

Chiggsglover:

Thanks man
Hahahaha, me I don talk my own sha, the way we practiced christianity in Nigeria isn't the way it's meant to be o.
I was enjoying and being blessed by preacher the in CAN's president church. Something struck me when I noticed how plain the area the congregation sat and how lavish and luxurious the pulpit where him and his wife sat, it felt like a throne....theres a world of difference between what I saw there and what I see here.

Class and inequality will breed lows and highs, not many people can be in the high as it can only contain very few.
The rich will waste lots of money buying overpriced items, the companies that make them put an exorbitant price just because it's considered a premium item. And folks spend a lot to buy it, the poor needs just a little to eat and survive. When there was a lockdown here, everybody in the country that lost their job both the students that get €200 weekly working just 20 hours to the specialist and managers that get about €3000 weekly on a €350 weekly relief, now that's Equality.

Me wey dey collect €200 from hustling, I no work, I come dey collect €350,

Being rich isn't about acquiring everything at once too early, there's a limit to what you can even buy. Imagine if you were gifted a 2020 rolls royce, and you were able to visit all the tourist attractions in the world in 5 years, after then your happiness will be in a terrible decline, there's no next best thing to hope for. This is also why the rich also commit suicide cos the thrill is gone. That's why you see the rich rushing items that aren't functional. A face mask was launched recently, it was made with gem stones, can you wear it to protect your life? They even launched gold toilet paper, and even tissue paper with real dollar bills.

The best thing is to spread the fun over the years, there's a reason why self made millionaires will feel fulfilled than those born in wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Olateju1992: 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Please chiggs, can HND holder do is Msc straight in Ireland?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by santos123(m): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
You mentioned science courses dat have high chances of getting a job.what about art courses? If yes,pls give tell some courses that have chances of gaining employment over there.pls.
Chiggsglover:

This is serious o.
Kai

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2020
santos123:
You mentioned science courses dat have high chances of getting a job.what about art courses? If yes,pls give tell some courses that have chances of gaining employment over there.pls.

Go and check the critical skills list for Ireland!
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Clicked: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dwebb55:

Go and check the critical skills list for Ireland!

Thank you for answering that guy. I didn't even know Ireland had something like this, I thought only UK had. I checked and my qualification and experience fit one of the roles.

At least if I no enter Canada before dem stop express entry, I still get second and third option.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by zeb04(f): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hey guys, anyone schooling in University College Dublin? I applied for a masters course in EMS, stil waiting admission although I applied really late.
Just hopefull.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Na when I enter sabbatical you come do give away chaiii Chiggs

Chiggsglover:

Hahaha. I was hoping my active members will grab it, This is why Silent people are powerful Lol.
I'll keep my word.....Privately,

Send me your account number, Ooin

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sense is not far from you aswear

Chiggsglover:

The best thing is to spread the fun over the years, there's a reason why self made millionaires will
feel fulfilled than those born in wealth.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hey Chiggsglover, it's been awhile. Trust you are good. Hala at the thread when you can

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by encryptjay(m): 7:17am On Aug 21, 2020
Be like exam don start. cool Straight As

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.