Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (196850 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
wowdiva:
Hey Chiggsglover, it's been awhile. Trust you are good. Hala at the thread when you can
At last, I'm good jare, u?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
badmanjo:
Sense is not far from you aswear

Thanks man, you're too kind

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
badmanjo:
Na when I enter sabbatical you come do give away chaiii Chiggs

Hahahah, did I authorize your leave, Ooin.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
santos123:
You mentioned science courses dat have high chances of getting a job.what about art courses? If yes,pls give tell some courses that have chances of gaining employment over there.pls.
Well, they are quite few,
You can look up critical skill work permit for Ireland, there are few sectors for art but it's slightly.....
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
Olateju1992:

Please chiggs, can HND holder do is Msc straight in Ireland?
Well, you can after a year of a preparation....., your best bet is to communicate with the schools, I can assure you'll get a response, send an email.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
senitop:
Chiggs wise man.

Always good with the words.

Hahahah, thanks bro, really appreciate.
You're very kind also
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
Syphax:

Thanks boss. God bless you

Amen ooo, I need it
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
LET THE FUN BEGIN.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2020
This came in one of my exams ooo, I had to do a quick sketch in 5 min, with a pen.....
Snap and uploaded it in the word exam template them submitted with the rest of my answers, any calculations, just do it in a paper n upload it. That's how the online exam went with quality interaction with my colleagues, hehe

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
I get the Irish times in this house for free, I guess a former tenant hasn't stopped the subscription.
Sat down with an orange juice and chilled, I couldn't enjoy that during lecture periods, I could now. It was very refreshing.

In Nigeria, my dad keeps the papers in the office, mostly the Guardian, I go there once a month on weekends and load them in the boot. Plus I get to use the wifi and download till my laptop storage is full, and my external hdd is full too, I don't know why I brought it with me to Ireland, I've only plugged it to my laptop just once this year.

You see those bunch of paper, ill finish them in a week and be waiting for the next time I go to the office, the remaining paper, a suya man collects them and supply me with hot simmering dry meat. I miss them now, hahaaha.

I also have a lady that supply me with fresh palm wine, I don't know how she gets it sha, I guess it's from the Former compound of Lord lugard, Railway compound, haha, Yh, Lord lugard actually lived in ebute Metta, the Railway compound, the place still retains the charms of the old days.

13 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
She was 50 in May,
She visited Ireland for a shoot,
How can someone be looking like this and you say it's money. It's not only money o

Black still got their charms, I no dey look naija babe here ooo, even when I was in Nigeria, I knew something was wrong with the mentality, it has a lot to do with poverty mehn, some of them still brought it on the plane to this, even though they are not poor, some I've questioned made the excuse that they are looking for paper, okay, and you still act like guys are atms, even the ones that mingle are looking for just FWB, so they can continue their exploit and onslaught.

Before I left naija, I already said if I was to marry a Nigeria babe, I will have to be financially buoyant, I won't just marry one but two. Shebi na money una dey find, ill make sure I enjoy myself to the fullest.

Have you noticed that they barely fall in love, how they do it is beyond me. They now don't date one person, they have various boys for different needs of life, they might even save their number according to the need they suppy in proportion to the riches of the guy.
Thee barely get heart broken, one of my family friend, the daughter was to marry, a month to the time, the Bobo defaulted, two months later my parents went and ate jollof at her wedding, I couldn't go cos I was in kebbi serving my father's land, I traveled for the first, but it was cancelled. That's how I missed the jollof.
So tell me, when did she have the time to mourn the person she would have spent the rest of her life with that decided to leave then.

Looking at Naomi, they said she's the greatest model in the industry, she even got a private jet from London. Not just for her, but for her team, she's on another level, I just read Mike Tyson even dated her. E bust my head o, black is truely golden. We age well and nice, I still love the allure of half caste tho, imagine have kids with beautiful that ilorin woman has and the skin and various hair texture that's quite wavy and straight.

If you're a Nigerian babe here, pls don't be offended, when you eventually come here, kindly change your mentality, look good n be approachable and smile more because here, the probability of you get approached here is halved the moment you get on the plane, it's not like those men those men that will be shouting fine girl, you walking faster n be shaking your bumbum, the only time you'll hear that is from a drunkard at temple bar area, even them dey fear to be sued for sexual harassment, though they can claim that it was ogogoro that was talking. Haha

If you're a guy coming to Ireland, don't come here and be looking at naija babes o, they'll finish your money, especially students, there are other options, it's no more just yellow girls, it's white ones also, blue, green eyes, sweet voice and you hear them moan....hahaha
Some might say paper, I'm not looking for one, a full time job paying me €30000 annually will get me the irish passport, plus I get the chance to afford me more luxury and the good things of life, let me just hustle towards that, earning more and achieving my goals.

The kind of folks I'm actually into are the latinos example should be Shakira, Sofia vegara, ...., they are hot, sexy, open minded than the irish themselves, latinos are from Mexico, Brazil,....
I have some of them already and I really enjoy how easy relationship can be, I'm very certain I will only be paying my part of the bills when we go out, taking her to the other room won't be a bone of contention cos we have this conversation like mature adults. I'm not the only one making the moves, I retreat and she does also. This is what Love and relationship is when Poverty is out of the equation.

22 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
Someone of 50, she really aged like men, even slightly better.

You know the saying, men age like wine

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
Some of these folks can say rubbish, with how handsome men look, some are looking for makeup, na wa oooo

If it's the touch up before appearing infront of the TV, not bad, to carry it and be walking about, e strong o

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
encryptjay:
Be like exam don start. cool Straight As
Hahahah, e hook me for neck o.
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Dwebb55: 11:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks man

Welcome back Chiggs!

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Skibani: 6:51am On Aug 23, 2020
Chiggs this is my first time to comment here and i have been following this thread quietly..i just want you to know that you're a good writer and i always look forward to read about your adventures in ireland...cheers mate....

5 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:

At last, I'm good jare, u?
Great! Let me go enjoy the update

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by encryptjay(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks man
You're welcome cool
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Princeadex04: 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
If I get you right, Ireland embassy issues visa approval letters the same way they issued visa refusal letters
Chiggsglover:
Let's start the journey.
I finished Bsc 2017, finished serving at Kebbi in ending of 2018.
I started my application to Canada January, 2019. Admission letter came in June, I made friends at the Creepy cosmetic Agency at lekki. Some of them already had submitted that their visa application and were waiting for a response, 3 months, 4 months. My internal alarms started ringing. I ran to another agency. I was advised about the course to read, and the Visa application, I got lots of assistance from the Irish thread here.
I got my admission letter in 21 working days and I was WOWED. I would have applied for visa in September 2019, but my house wasn't set in order and had to push it to Jan, 2020.
We took our time to package my application. In exactly 7 weeks, I got a call from the Courier and Visa Approved was on the white paper that flew out. How I manage to not tear it out of Anxiety was beyond me.
It came in November, some days before my birthday which was in December. I didn't go out, just ate the cake my sister baked. The Happenings around me was enough to make me extremely satisfied and happy.
So you need, I wish I got this kind of advice, I saved myself from depression if I had gotten a rejection. Everyone I knew that applied to canada apart from one girl got a rejection. It was depressing, I felt their pain, that's why I'm taking my time to explain this country and document my adventures.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Princeadex04:
If I get you right, Ireland embassy issues visa approval letters the same way they issued visa refusal letters
Yes bro, you're right....
A friend of mine got a refusal during my time, she appeal and it's been approved, she's coming in September.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
wowdiva:

Great! Let me go enjoy the update

Thanks jare, Ireland awaits you o.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Dwebb55:

Welcome back Chiggs!
Thank you very much bro
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hahaha, I personally don't consider myself to be a writer, TBH, ill gladly continue to update my experience and develop my writing skills.
Skibani:
Chiggs this is my first time to comment here and i have been following this thread quietly..i just want you to know that you're a good writer and i always look forward to read about your adventures in ireland...cheers mate....

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Clicked: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
Chiggsglover:

If you're a Nigerian babe here, pls don't be offended, when you eventually come here, kindly change your mentality, look good n be approachable and smile more because here, the probability of you get approached here is halved the moment you get on the plane it's not like those men that will be shouting fine girl, you walking faster n be shaking your bumbum, the only time you'll hear that is from a drunkard at temple bar area, even them dey fear to be sued for sexual harassment, though they can claim that it was ogogoro that was talking. Haha

@Bolded, this comment just opened my eyes to what goes on in the minds of Nigerian men. I always wondered why you all did that, even when it was obvious that women didn't like it. It's now clear you guys think women actually enjoy that.

Well let me put you all straight. Girls DO NOT like it when guys do that. It creeps us out, makes us feel dirty in a way.

Please don't think you're complementing a woman by calling out, "Essss, fine girl, my colour", and other weird things. If she really made an impression on you and you want to tell her, simply walking up to her and telling her that she's beautiful or pretty will do the trick. If not jejely allow am, make she dey go.

BTW, you're doing a good job here.

10 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by nalizzzy: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Pls I want to apply to DBS. You are currently studying Data analysis. Pls hope it is not so hard and do you know any course that also runs in January. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by hammed71(m): 12:47am On Aug 24, 2020
Chiggzlover how easy is it to get permanent residence in Ireland on a student or work visa?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by wowdiva: 7:42am On Aug 24, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Thanks jare, Ireland awaits you o.
Hopefully soon bro!

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
Clicked:

@Bolded, this comment just opened my eyes to what goes on in the minds of Nigerian men. I always wondered why you all did that, even when it was obvious that women didn't like it. It's now clear you guys think women actually enjoy that.

Well let me put you all straight. Girls DO NOT like it when guys do that. It creeps us out, makes us feel dirty in a way.

Please don't think you're complementing a woman by calling out, "Essss, fine girl, my colour", and other weird things. If she really made an impression on you and you want to tell her, simply walking up to her and telling her that she's beautiful or pretty will do the trick. If not jejely allow am, make she dey go.

BTW, you're doing a good job here.
Thanks for your opinion, the same way you feel is the same way girls here feel.
It's just validation they seek, that's why some girls dress that way, the number of uproar they get might be proportional to how they Dressed to kill. I've heard girls boast about this kind of things, they'll say, how can you be a woman, no man has ever gone crazy on the road for you, it's things like this that fuel this act.
I personally don't fancy Nigeria girls excessively, so it will be natural I won't chanting those at randoms.
Before I ever approach girls, I watch out for green light, that's the Rule of thumb, put yourself in a good position to get it and it comes, otherwise, the ones that probably say yes when you randomly approach requires you dangle wealth or be at the mercy of Cupid.

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
nalizzzy:
Pls I want to apply to DBS. You are currently studying Data analysis. Pls hope it is not so hard and do you know any course that also runs in January. Thanks
Almost all the courses at DBS runs in January.
It's not hard at all ooo.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
hammed71:
Chiggzlover how easy is it to get permanent residence in Ireland on a student or work visa?
My guy e no easy, from studying a course, to getting the visa, to surviving in a foreign land to landing a job, just that it worth it at the end.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
BLACK is the absence of Colour

Way back in my primary school, I had lots of friend, we read books a lot, played ball, swarm in unimaginable places like in a flooded area and even in the Lagos lagoon, we attempted it, hahaha. 2019, 3 months before I came to Ireland, I visited that lagoon and it was quite filthy, to be honest. When I got to secondary school, my parents also relocated with me, I became lonely, I turned to the comfort books could give me. I read a lot, especially those Ghanaian books that's very short, our parents then thought we were addicted mostly my friends mum who kept seizing their own and throwing them away. So we saved our pocket money to buy those printed pleasures, parents couldn't buy for us and they thought that being broke will discourage us, just as the irish government here add a special tax to cigarettes and alcohol in a way to discourage consumption. When I'm shopping, instead of buying 3, I only go home with 1.

Some of the time I will read faster than I could buy them and turn to the dictionary, reading from A-J, falling asleep and continuing when I woke up. In one of this times, reading the dictionary is like the bible, it never gets old at all. I came across the word BLACK a number of times. It never stood for anything positive. From the cartoons to the Pulpit.

My pastor then, before they bought the AC, with sweat dripping profusely, made the distinction between the force of good and evil, light and darkness, White and Black and oh boy, even the children animations had Jesus in the light with one hideous creature lambasted with black caricatures as The Devil why then will anyone associate me with such.
You don't want to fall in any category that's not whitish as you'll be in the scenario where Father Abraham cleared the Rich man that he cannot leave the dark place of tormet to the peaceful light where lazarus sat, that there even a great gulf between them. Those thither can't come to the other side. It's clear that God is angry with those in the dark everyday.

I have been called black and would often pause not Knowing the implication until now and the history is so horrifying that it feels like it's repeating itself in this age of advancement, Negro is what they called us while they whipped us even sometimes till death and even when you survived, you'll continue to provide food for the plantation farmers and community with your blood dripping. That same Negro means Black.

The implication of this has its effects, I have never been happy when PHCN takes the light, weeping may endure for the night, but Joy cometh....African women and even men are beginning to be ashamed of what makes us African in the first place, their skin colour is a thing of filth and poverty and they rip out the blackness with damaging chemicals, women covering their curly beautiful hair with expensive straight hair that won't last up to a year. Some Caucasians even buy locs and attach to their hair, who's deceiving who. We now feel the texture of our hair is a liability, spend loads money of corossive chemicals to take out the curls out of your hair, later on these hair starts to break and become scanty. Have you seen our teeth, we have one of the best in the world, I close my eyes a lot here when it's time to kiss, lost of yellow teeth here, it's almost normal. You need to see how they compliment my skin especially how smooth it is. The way one was even licking my body, I almost felt used. Haba. I used to think when I was in Nigeria that my skin wasn't smooth enough and my teeth wasn't neat due to misconceptions and preconceived bias.

Never let any one call you a black man, follow the news, when an African person achieves something, they mention his name and even his country of origin, but when he misbehaves like in Grand theft Auto, the word black will appear glaringly.

I have to educate myself henceforth, Caucasians not white, what is even white in their skin? What is even black in my skin. I am six feet tall African man with brown skin and brown eyes, only thing black in me is my hair which other races has. Take a sample of charcoal, it's very very few in the population will match that shade of colour. We are supposed to be light in the world, like salt....the average Caucasian is cream colour, pink sometimes, never white, take an A4 paper to their skin and they'll go red with that comparison.

Bias and preconceptions are very subtle, from the art of war, silence and indirect approach are powerful. Never let anyone call you black, politely educate them, even the Africans chanting BLM are also in the wrong. I did a little bit of research and got enlightened. So glad exam is over. I would have written to the Irishtimes, but my words will fall on deaf hear unless we are in number so it can be amplified. I will continue to create awareness even if it means starting an NGO or something to put the word out. I know I have a voice, you also have a voice and when it's time to use it against wrongs, let's scream ALOUD.

I'm proudly an African man

18 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Eaztzide: 2:51am On Aug 25, 2020
Chiggsglover:

BLACK is the absence of Colour

Way back in my primary school, I had lots of friend, we read books a lot, played ball, swarm in unimaginable places like in a flooded area and even in the Lagos lagoon, we attempted it, hahaha. 2019, 3 months before I came to Ireland, I visited that lagoon and it was quite filthy, to be honest. When I got to secondary school, my parents also relocated with me, I became lonely, I turned to the comfort books could give me. I read a lot, especially those Ghanaian books that's very short, our parents then thought we were addicted mostly my friends mum who kept seizing their own and throwing them away. So we saved our pocket money to buy those printed pleasures, parents couldn't buy for us and they thought that being broke will discourage us, just as the irish government here add a special tax to cigarettes and alcohol in a way to discourage consumption. When I'm shopping, instead of buying 3, I only go home with 1.

Some of the time I will read faster than I could buy them and turn to the dictionary, reading from A-J, falling asleep and continuing when I woke up. In one of this times, reading the dictionary is like the bible, it never gets old at all. I came across the word BLACK a number of times. It never stood for anything positive. From the cartoons to the Pulpit.

My pastor then, before they bought the AC, with sweat dripping profusely, made the distinction between the force of good and evil, light and darkness, White and Black and oh boy, even the children animations had Jesus in the light with one hideous creature lambasted with black caricatures as The Devil why then will anyone associate me with such.
You don't want to fall in any category that's not whitish as you'll be in the scenario where Father Abraham cleared the Rich man that he cannot leave the dark place of tormet to the peaceful light where lazarus sat, that there even a great gulf between them. Those thither can't come to the other side. It's clear that God is angry with those in the dark everyday.

I have been called black and would often pause not Knowing the implication until now and the history is so horrifying that it feels like it's repeating itself in this age of advancement, Negro is what they called us while they whipped us even sometimes till death and even when you survived, you'll continue to provide food for the plantation farmers and community with your blood dripping. That same Negro means Black.

The implication of this has its effects, I have never been happy when PHCN takes the light, weeping may endure for the night, but Joy cometh....African women and even men are beginning to be ashamed of what makes us African in the first place, their skin colour is a thing of filth and poverty and they rip out the blackness with damaging chemicals, women covering their curly beautiful hair with expensive straight hair that won't last up to a year. Some Caucasians even buy locs and attach to their hair, who's deceiving who. We now feel the texture of our hair is a liability, spend loads money of corossive chemicals to take out the curls out of your hair, later on these hair starts to break and become scanty. Have you seen our teeth, we have one of the best in the world, I close my eyes a lot here when it's time to kiss, lost of yellow teeth here, it's almost normal. You need to see how they compliment my skin especially how smooth it is. The way one was even licking my body, I almost felt used. Haba. I used to think when I was in Nigeria that my skin wasn't smooth enough and my teeth wasn't neat due to misconceptions and preconceived bias.

Never let any one call you a black man, follow the news, when an African person achieves something, they mention his name and even his country of origin, but when he misbehaves like in Grand theft Auto, the word black will appear glaringly.

I have to educate myself henceforth, Caucasians not white, what is even white in their skin? What is even black in my skin. I am six feet tall African man with brown skin and brown eyes, only thing black in me is my hair which other races has. Take a sample of charcoal, it's very very few in the population will match that shade of colour. We are supposed to be light in the world, like salt....the average Caucasian is cream colour, pink sometimes, never white, take an A4 paper to their skin and they'll go red with that comparison.

Bias and preconceptions are very subtle, from the art of war, silence and indirect approach are powerful. Never let anyone call you black, politely educate them, even the Africans chanting BLM are also in the wrong. I did a little bit of research and got enlightened. So glad exam is over. I would have written to the Irishtimes, but my words will fall on deaf hear unless we are in number so it can be amplified. I will continue to create awareness even if it means starting an NGO or something to put the word out. I know I have a voice, you also have a voice and when it's time to use it against wrongs, let's scream ALOUD.

I'm proudly an African man

Hmm... True words. As I'll always say, "I'm human before anything". Before any color, tribe, religion and so.

I still remember those Ghanaian mini books, mostly those that were about supernatural things, where they talked about morals. They were the bomb growing up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.