Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries (2761 Views)

Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / First Bank Of Nigeria: Salaries, Allowances, Promotion, Job Details? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by oldsol(m): 1:31am On Mar 21, 2020
CoronaVirus & Nigerian Economy: It Will Be Difficult For Federal Government To Pay Salaries In The Coming Months - Economist.

I don't pray this� happens.

Dear Salary Earners, as you keep your jobs, please make sure you are working on a viable side business that can compliment your salary.

Never bet your financial well-being on salary, I beg you.

The internet is offering a level playing ground to any serious business minded individual to explore the riches of online business and build a financial fortress around yourself.

Don't wait until you get thirsty before you start digging your well. Start now.

If you are open to give online business a try, feel free to send me a DM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKtwIRi4RVc
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by CanadaOrBust: 1:40am On Mar 21, 2020
Salaries? They’d have to levy new taxes
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by BabbanBura(m): 2:09am On Mar 21, 2020
oldsol:
CoronaVirus & Nigerian Economy: It Will Be Difficult For Federal Government To Pay Salaries In The Coming Months - Economist.

I don't pray this� happens.

Dear Salary Earners, as you keep your jobs, please make sure you are working on a viable side business that can compliment your salary.

Never bet your financial well-being on salary, I beg you.

The internet is offering a level playing ground to any serious business minded individual to explore the riches of online business and build a financial fortress around yourself.

Don't wait until you get thirsty before you start digging your well. Start now.

If you are open to give online business a try, feel free to send me a DM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKtwIRi4RVc

Sadly, our foreign reserves are depleted and price of crude has nose-dived rapidly, worst is our ships (tankers) are not able to get sell
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 21, 2020
If federal govt can't reduce the jumbo pay those holding political offices go home with,they have no right not to pay workers.
Charity they say, begins at home.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 21, 2020
I think it's getting to a point where we will start drinking our crude oil.

Or better still, pay salaries with jerricans of crude oil and individuals will go look for buyers on their own.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by CsRockefeller(m): 5:10am On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Or better still, pay salaries with jerricans of crude oil and individuals will go look for buyers on their own.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by fernandoc(m): 5:25am On Mar 21, 2020
Difficult to pay salaries but not difficult to pay outrageous amounts to political office holders.
This country is gradually turning into a very big joke.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Nicklaus619(m): 7:17am On Mar 21, 2020
I ain't sure that man is an economist, salary is a recurrent expenditure in an appropriated bill, per annum salary of all civil servants is captured in the budget yearly, so it is already provided for. The only thing that may hit Nigeria do bad now is recession, if this corona stuff continues and we couldn't export oil as Nigeria depend solely on oil, it will plunge her economic into a serious recession

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Nukilia: 8:06am On Mar 21, 2020
fernandoc:
Difficult to pay salaries but not difficult to pay outrageous amounts to political office holders.
This country is gradually turning into a very big joke.

grin you right!
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by abbasajao(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Mad ooo
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by babyfaceafrica: 8:39am On Mar 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:
I ain't sure that man is an economist, salary is a recurrent expenditure in an appropriated bill, per annum salary of all civil servants is captured in the budget yearly, so it is already provided for. The only thing that may hit Nigeria do bad now is recession, if this corona stuff continues and we couldn't export oil as Nigeria depend solely on oil, it will plunge her economic into a serious recession
No mind am... Some people just need attention.. Salaries will be paid.. The problem is recession!!..
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by CsRockefeller(m): 8:49am On Mar 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

He is so right, key word there is difficult. This is simple Economics, fall in revenue affects spending.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by CsRockefeller(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

No mind am... Some people just need attention.. Salaries will be paid.. The problem is recession!!..

He is spot on.
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Haywhyluv: 8:51am On Mar 21, 2020
Why American is looking for a means to better the life's of his citizens, this people are thinking of how they will not pay the workers, that work hard and deserve to be paid.. What a useless Country we found ourselves
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by babyfaceafrica: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

He is spot on.
how is he spot on... There is money to pay salaries for fg workers this year.. The issue is will the salary be enough for the workers?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by SoNature(m): 8:57am On Mar 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

You and many other Nigerians need serious enlightenment.

Listen, budget is NOT money.

A budget is a financial plan that details projects and programs the government wants to embark on for the year and where it intends to get the funds to finance those projects and programs.

Fund that is planned to be spent in budget is largely divided into recurrent and capital expenditures. While capital expenditure takes care of infrastructure, recurrent expenditure takes care of salaries and overheads.

Now read clearly: The money for executing the plans is NOT available anywhere. That's why the government plans that it hopes to sell the crude oil and make some petrodollars and then seek from international lending agencies, banks and countries just to finance the budget. Not to mention that it may also get from its own savings.

If any of the plans don't work, it simply means that the government will have to look for an alternative.

In summary,

1. Budget is a financial plan NOT available money.

2. The funds for running a budget is NOT available anywhere.

3. The analyst is 100% right

4. Let me know if you have any questions

Thank you

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by CsRockefeller(m): 8:59am On Mar 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
how is he spot on... There is money to pay salaries for fg workers this year.. The issue is will the salary be enough for the workers?

Lol. There isn't. Government earns it's money every month before it distributes it. Oil is our major earner, now prices have fallen, it's simple, they can't sell what they have and even if they do, the price is very low.

After selling, they still share what they sell to the 2 other forms of Government. When it gets its share, it's first commitment is its statutory transfers, payment to it's soldiers before recurrent expenditure.

By the way, do you know the wage bill per month of the FG? It's huge, very huge. There's a big storm coming, I pray we overcome it.

This also happened during the tail end of Jonathan's reign, Govt had to borrow to pay salaries.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by babyfaceafrica: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Lol. There isn't. Government earns it's money every month before it distributes it. Oil is our major earner, now prices have fallen, it's simple, they can't sell what they have and even if they do, the price is very low.

After selling, they still share what they sell to the 2 other forms of Government. When it gets its share, it's first commitment is its statutory transfers, payment to it's soldiers before recurrent expenditure.

By the way, do you know the wage bill per month of the FG? It's huge, very huge. There's a big storm coming, I pray we overcome it.

This also happened during the tail end of Jonathan's reign, Govt had to borrow to pay salaries.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

We can as well borrow again... I ain't sold on all this panic statement by this man... We will be fine for now!!... At least for this year
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by tempest01(m): 9:21am On Mar 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

If you cannot finance your appropriated budget , how are you going to carry out the line items?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Macgabe(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2020
BabbanBura:

Sadly, our foreign reserves are depleted and price of crude has nose-dived rapidly, worst is our ships (tankers) are not able to get sell

Please, let's discuss on WhatsApp. You can drop your number or here is mine. 08037458080
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by photon3106: 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Hmmm! What an intriguing picture!
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by BabbanBura(m): 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
Macgabe:

Please, let's discuss on WhatsApp. You can drop your number or here is mine. 08037458080

What about if I may ask?
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
SoNature:

A budget is a financial plan that details projects and programs the government wants to embark on for the year and where it intends to get the funds to finance those projects and programs.

Fund that is planned to be spent in budget is largely divided into recurrent and capital expenditures. While capital expenditure takes care of infrastructure, recurrent expenditure takes care of salaries and overheads.

Now read clearly: The money for executing the plans is NOT available anywhere. That's why the government plans that it hopes to sell the crude oil and make some petrodollars and then seek from international donor agencies, banks and countries just to finance the budget. Not to mention that it may also get from its own savings.

If any of the plans don't work, it simply means that the government will have to look for an alternative.

In summary,

Thank you

Thanks bro you just enlighten me

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
Abeg make Dem pay me March I have bills to settle.
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Thanks for this eye opener on statutory transfer...

I keep seeing it but never knew what it means...

I just made the research and I am wowed

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Jimmyubah2: 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
They will borrow to pay. This post is dead on arrival.
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Toseenlove: 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:
I ain't sure that man is an economist, salary is a recurrent expenditure in an appropriated bill, per annum salary of all civil servants is captured in the budget yearly, [b]So it is already provided for.[b] The only thing that may hit Nigeria do bad now is recession, if this corona stuff continues and we couldn't export oil as Nigeria depend solely on oil, it will plunge her economic into a serious recession

The money Is resting In your account right? Provided for? We still have 9months left....
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Toseenlove: 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
SoNature:

Now read clearly: The money for executing the plans is NOT available anywhere. That's why the government plans that it hopes to sell the crude oil and make some petrodollars and then seek from international donor agencies, banks and countries just to finance the budget. Not to mention that it may also get from its own savings.

In summary,

Thank you

Perfect No questions.....Nothing to add at all..

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by samsard(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
Jimmyubah2:
They will borrow to pay. This post is dead on arrival.
Until when? Do you think the states didn't borrow before they reached their limit?
People will only borrow you more when you're servicing your existing debts.
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by ogawisdom(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

The budget was drawn with crude oil price at 57 USD it will be difficult to pay full salary if crude oil falls below 20 USD

Though payment of salary should be the topmost priority of government, they will likely borrow from IMF to pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Jimmyubah2: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
samsard:
Until when? Do you think the states didn't borrow before they reached their limit?
People will only borrow you more when you're servicing your existing debts.
Let them keep borrowing until the world ends. After all Naija is only known for debts. Thank you.
Re: Coronavirus And Nigerian Economy; It'll Be Difficult For Fed Govt 2 Pay Salaries by Katier00(f): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:
what did you just say

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Up Online Test 2 / Virgin Nigeria Is Recruiting / FBN: Invited For Medicals By First Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.