Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Asari Dokubo, Leader Niger Delta Volunteer Force 2 B Released Any Time Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo, Leader Niger Delta Volunteer Force 2 B Released Any Time Now (941 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo, Leader Niger Delta Volunteer Force 2 B Released Any Time Now by Egavlas(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2007
The leader of the Niger delta Volunteer force, Alhaji Asari Dokubo, is to be released ant time from now(sources say).
The government says its on health grownds but I know its a compromise that needed to be reached.

The issue now is will the MEND, Movement for the Emancipation Of The Niger Delta, and all the other groups that have evolved, drop those weapons?

The Mend have been calling for the release of Dokubo. But there are other groups that have come up who are just there to take hostages and demand ransome.
If the hostage taking continues, even in the face of genuine efforts by the Yaradua govt., then the MEND will have to let us know who and who make up their organisation and who are the others who are just there to take advantage of the rough security situation to take hostages and demand ransome. The Masterplan that Yaradua pledges to work on, the effort at bringing stake holders together as well as this latest gesture, should not be spat upon by the MEND.
This will indeed show if the various groups in the Niger Delta, are Fighting for the well being of the people or are just there for their selfish interests.

Also, this will determine whether or not the sympathy the Mend and others are getting from the generality of the people, is deserved.
Re: Asari Dokubo, Leader Niger Delta Volunteer Force 2 B Released Any Time Now by vigasimple(m): 1:07am On Jun 05, 2007
This for peace to reign is good news, even though Asari Dokubo may have committed a criminal offence innthe first place and if his release bring peace to the Niger delta area and the whole nation it is highly welcome.

however, I always like to be optimistic but on this occassion I will think the reverse is likely.

The small minority of the people in mENd are just opportunities and they have confirm by holding hostages for ransom and not for principles(if such principle can be justified).

Now remember some of this group are also calling for Alams to be released( i also think they would say on health ground) this is the man who steal monies belonging to his people while development never got to his people.

I prayed that i am wrong that this Niger delta militant really want to talk and find a peaceful solutions I will love them to just do that and co-operate with goverment so that the whole country can support them in getting more revenue from the oils to develop the area.

Long live Niger Delta, Long live Great Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Should Babangida Be Put On Trial / Lamorde Appointed Acting Efcc Chairman / Obasanjo Said We Should Leave Electricity Problem To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.