Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Should Babangida Be Put On Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Babangida Be Put On Trial (942 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / 18 Soldiers On Trial For Aiding Boko-Haram / Policemen On Trial For Cold-blooded Murder Of Boko Haram Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by bilymuse: 12:51am On Jul 18, 2007
SHOULD BABANGIDA BE PUT ON TRIAL?
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by swing4real(m): 3:02am On Jul 18, 2007
You know the answer already so why are you asking.Yes of course
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by Harlex(m): 5:34am On Jul 18, 2007
sure, he should
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2007
of cause yes.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by angel101(f): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2007
Hell yes!
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by Mamajama(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2007
Kai I'm staying Neutral on this one, By friend IBB son will be sending people to eradicate me in a minute. Thank God I still enjoy my protection. The question is not if IBB should be put on trial. 1st we must have concrete evidence to nail this toothless genius, where is MIKE ADENUGA his siphoning tool today? we still can't link 1 KOBO to IBB how will you prosecute him? cases are won on FACTS and not he say she say.
BIGGY do you think your dad should be put on trial?
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by yarodin: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2007
So how did IBB make his money if we can't link 1 stolen kobo to him? Of course he stole big time like the rest of our leaders, but for some reason he seems to be untouchable for the time been.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by Mamajama(m): 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2007
Where is his son BIGb1 when we need him to come tell us how IBB made his money? may be IBB's father is a royal prince from Saudi
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by vigasimple(m): 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2007
Our gut instinct is that IBB is the Field marshall of 419 but like someone on this thread said you can only prosecute people on evidence and not on hearssay.

For some reason which we be clear in the not too distant future I think IBB will be prosecuted, it maybe for him to come and account for his wealth.

Part of his cover in my humble opinion and other well meaning Nigerians is that he has settled too many people and compromised a lot and quite frankly he IBB is one hell of unrepentant 'evil genius' of all time.

I have said this before and I will say it again , the man IBB in my opinion does not appear to be a NIGERIAN.

Every leader before or after IBB is well aware of the national character and try as much as possible to protect the national intergrity, in my own little opinion he does'nt give a damn.

The similarity between him and ATIKU ( presidential candidate of AC) is that as far as they are concern, NIgeria is a PLC and highest bidder can have it.

So in short, IBB may not face prosecution soon, there are fresh people to be dealt with so the EFCC or its equivalent will rather face the small people and let the big ones come later.

And the lists may be too big for the system to be slowed down considerably.

May God be with us and grant us everlasting peace.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by Mamajama(m): 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2007
Well we cant even find MIKE ADENUGA after Muhammad Babangida was invited for interrogation where he got the money he invested in ADENUGAs company. IBB will do everything in his power to prevent leaders like BUHARI that will have the balls to investigate and jail him. do not underestimate the power of the greatest dribbler in Nigeria.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by angel101(f): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mamajama:

Muhammad Babangida was invited for interrogation where he got the money he invested in ADENUGAs company.

What was his defense then?

yarodin:

So how did IBB make his money if we can't link 1 stolen kobo to him? Of course he stole big time like the rest of our leaders, but for some reason he seems to be untouchable for the time been.

The govt can try asking him to defend the source of his wealth. Did this stupendous wealth come from military service? Or his salary as C in C?
I still think there are ways of bringing the man to book.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by dinachi(m): 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2007
Yes IBB should be prosecuted but like i always say :I dont  believe in selective justice.We have heard of a certain 2billion naira that was lost in the petroleum ministry when Buhari was the petroleum minister in the 70s. We should also investigate that.We should  investigate the source of funds for setting up obasanjo farms in the 70s also. Abdulsalami Abubakar, Jeremiah Useni, In short all our military heads of state since independence must be investigated and if found liable prosecuted because what we are suffering now is the cumulative effect of all their pilferings.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by Mamajama(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2007
How can you put someone that is always looking at us and laughing? FELA DON talk am. baba will never go down unless we bring IDIAGBON back

Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by danalyst(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2007
leave the man alone ooooo. he has been told and shown to him that nigeria is bigger than him. he could be dealt with at any time the govt so pleases. lets tease ourselves- why was he shown the way out of the presidential race, if he is still relevant in nigeria? the man is just enjoying espirit de corp just like the likes of gen. T. Y Danjuma among others
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by doyin13(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2007
he should be summarily shot.

Or better bring back the guillotine.

I suggest Tinubu square for the public spectacle.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by babaife(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2007
doyin13
haba na wetin the man do you? he cancelled election, obj rigged election. he stepped aside, obj stepped over, he handed over to shonekan, obj handed over to his puppet. he "killed" dele giwa, obj killed 'BOLA IGE' so wetin the man do wey nobody don do?
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by doyin13(m): 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2007
Obj never laughed while carrying out his misdemeanours.

I remember on the day the Orkar men were executed. The picture of IBB with a grin on his face on that day is very indicative of evil.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by babaife(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2007
hmmm, interesting. a devil is a devil irrespective of the style or method of execution.
Re: Should Babangida Be Put On Trial by BABEELOVE(f): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2007
Who cares? angry

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Need To Watch Buhari / Is Nigeria Saveable? / Femi Pedro Decamps Again: To Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.