Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office (2531 Views)

Woman Collapses On Banex Abuja Bridge, Vomits Blood (Photos) / Man Vomits Stray Bullet Lodged In His Skull For Months / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by dre11(m): 6:56am On Mar 21, 2020
Christopher Orji

There was pandemonium Friday   afternoon at  the Immigration office, Alagbon Close, Lagos,  as a Chinese woman fell down and started vomiting.

Passport seekers, immigration officers, visitors ,including Policemen and military personnel took to their heels on sighting the woman.

Many people were injured while other lost their documents as they scampered for safety .

An Immigration officer who spoke on the condition of anonymity said it was as if death had visited the place as  workers and visitors  ran for safety.

“The lady came to the operations department for some visa issues, she wore  mask when she came  on Thursday ,but she could not finish with what she came to do .She repeated her visit  today( Friday) ,but this time around ,she did not masked her face . As she was being attended to , she started feeling dizzy ,fell down and  started coughing and vomiting. My brother , everybody took to his or her heels’’, he  declared.

Continuing, he said: “The worst of it all was that her relations wanted to take her away ,but our officers prevented them.

We were able to kit ourselves and took her to a room .But those who were not courageous enough hurriedly closed for the day while people who came for one transaction or the other abandoned whatever they came to do. The worst thing is that we have been calling health emergency numbers and they have been promising that they were coming  but we are yet to see them ,but we are keeping vigil until they w come. We won’t let her go.

While adding that the woman kept insisting that nothing was wrong with her, the officer said she would not be allowed to go  until  health officers  carry out comprehensive check on her.

“We are not saying that she has the virus ,but with the symptoms  she was exhibiting, ,we won’t let her go till medical experts examine her .Yes ,we are handing her over to the appropriate office and not to her embassy ,he declared”.

A visitor to the Immigration Office who witnessed the drama, John Madu, said: “I only came to make enquiry when I saw people running helter skeletal and I joined in the rat race. I was later told that a Chinese woman fell down and started vomiting. My fear is that they said she was also there the previous day. If she test positive to the virus ,how will the government locate those that she would have had contacts with. We are lucky because people were not as many as they used to be in the office because of the travels ban to certain countries. Before now, people used to  visit the place in their hundreds, but there were not up 100 people at the scene’’.

As at 5 pm,  emergency health workers being expected were yet to arrive the Immigration office while heavily armed Immigration officers were  keeping  her under close surveillance.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/pandemonium-as-chinese-woman-vomits-in-immigration-office/

lalasticlala
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by teadrake(m): 6:58am On Mar 21, 2020
Operation run for your dear life.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by NaMe4: 6:59am On Mar 21, 2020
Hmmm
Can't blame anyone! Prevention is better than Cure!

About a hundred people at the office?
If such offices are unable to ensure strict crowd control (maximum of 50 persons, including staff), they should be closed.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Skyfornia(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2020
Na waoo...the government is not really prepared for this. Imagine up till 5pm and the medical team have not responded...I just weak

6 Likes

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by helinues: 6:59am On Mar 21, 2020
Funny Nigeria people..

Someone can not fall in sick again in Nigeria without being rumor r of having the virus.

Na war oo

3 Likes

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Iruobean(m): 7:00am On Mar 21, 2020
Wahala
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Ehiscotch(m): 7:03am On Mar 21, 2020
The way Nigerians fear death ehn, they don't mind killing themselves just to avoid it.

Look at them overdosing on chloroquine (and the salt issue the other time).

A lot of us just lack common sense — not just ignorance or education.

4 Likes

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:07am On Mar 21, 2020
They have told this useless government to close all public institutions but they will not hear.

Why are Abokis like this? Buhari close all public places

4 Likes

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by seunlayi(m): 7:08am On Mar 21, 2020
Prevention is better than cure
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Ehiscotch(m): 7:10am On Mar 21, 2020
Skyfornia:
Na waoo...the government is not really prepared for this. Imagine up till 5pm and the medical team have not responded...I just weak

True, and it's not even an epidemic here and their haven't responded. This is even an immigration office oh, not a private residence or an ordinary public place.

Only God will help us; I believe I can't say that enough.
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Zinoly: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2020
JAPA MODE!!!

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Kingspin(m): 7:11am On Mar 21, 2020
Coronavirus is known to sneak into countries before it announced its arrival.

Nigerians watch your back.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by lekzyn(m): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2020
If she is positive that will be a problem because nobody know how many people she had contact with.

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by dangermouse(m): 7:13am On Mar 21, 2020
Perilious times awaits us all...pls we should all be careful and vigilant as it appears thi virus is upon us.
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Mysticwebb: 7:14am On Mar 21, 2020
I keep saying this present government is never serious with anything except when it concerns cows and rigging election. One thing they fail to understand is that if this escalate, they are also not safe. They can't escape it, even in their hidden home, it will locate them there.
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2020
People de avoid Chinese people now oh grin

But girls still de go Chinese restaurant for here oh

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by mankand(m): 7:16am On Mar 21, 2020
One thing I like Nigerians for is they love their lives more than anything. Even police japa when he remembers if he dies on duty, no one to take care of his family and before they access his pension, it will be decades.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by abbeycial: 7:16am On Mar 21, 2020
damn
Imagine the flood of people she would have had contact with at different intervals.
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Yenefer(f): 7:16am On Mar 21, 2020
Oops
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Yebosola(m): 7:20am On Mar 21, 2020
Ehiscotch:
The way Nigerians fear death ehn, they don't mind killing themselves just to avoid it.

Gbam!!! Your last sentence say it all. EOD

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Olunmercy56(f): 7:23am On Mar 21, 2020
grin grin Anybody that is sick now is a suspect wink wink
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Okoroawusa: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2020
Social media will kill more people than coronavirus
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Maxymilliano(m): 7:26am On Mar 21, 2020
Passport seekers, immigration officers, visitors ,including Policemen and military personnel took to their heels on sighting the woman

Lol ... Who wan die

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:28am On Mar 21, 2020
Ehiscotch:

You should be more concerned there was not health response till 5pm.
The govt has made everybody loose common sense, see you blaming people that know they are on their own should any outbreak happens
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by princemillla(m): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2020
Omo Na go run too
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by sapientia(m): 7:30am On Mar 21, 2020
Misinformation will kill more Africans
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by InfoSources: 7:36am On Mar 21, 2020
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by mascot87(m): 7:58am On Mar 21, 2020
“I only came to make enquiry when I saw people running helter skeletal and I joined in the rat race

Egungun be careful na express you dey go grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by LibertyRep: 8:07am On Mar 21, 2020
The fact that Health workers didn't show up till 5pm should worry everyone.

God forbid that this escalates, Nigeria might be worse hit with this level of unpreparedness exhibited so far.
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by Richdad50(m): 8:22am On Mar 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by shadrama(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2020
Okpari. Finally finally the hour has come
Re: Pandemonium As Chinese Woman Vomits In Immigration Office by nazablossom(f): 8:32am On Mar 21, 2020
No health workers as at 5pm? We are in trouble o. Nigeria government is not ready at all. Na OYO for everybody o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#covid19: Resident Exercise On The Street In Wuhan, China (photos) / [b] Help Me To Stop Masturbation And My Drinking Problem [/b] / I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.