Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

International Passport Data Page Patially Affected By Water - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Passport Data Page Patially Affected By Water (540 Views)

International Passport Data Capture Appointment / Passport Data Page / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Passport Data Page Patially Affected By Water by Kyukastan: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2020
Good morning Good People,

Please my passport data page got affected by water that entered my bag yesterday. The only portion affected was the picture session as seen below.

I will like to know if the passport is still valid or do I need to apply for reisssuance? The passport expires next year.

Thanks for your valuable contribution
Re: International Passport Data Page Patially Affected By Water by Oblongata: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2020
It depends on what you want to use it for

If it is for identity then the passport has no use

If it is for traveling it is still valid because of biometrics
Re: International Passport Data Page Patially Affected By Water by Kyukastan: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2020
Oblongata:
It depends on what you want to use it for

If it is for identity then the passport has no use

If it is for traveling it is still valid because of biometrics

Oh..., thank you. It's for both. Then I will stick only for traveling purpose while I use another means of identification.

What happens if I have the soft copy of the data page, Can I use it for ID?
Re: International Passport Data Page Patially Affected By Water by Oblongata: 11:21am On Mar 21, 2020
Kyukastan:

Oh..., thank you. It's for both. Then I will stick only for traveling purpose while I use another means of identification.

What happens if I have the soft copy of the data page, Can I use it for ID?
No sir you can’t.

For identification purposes, only the original hard copy is tenable; at least for sighting,before you can use a photocopy or soft copy
Re: International Passport Data Page Patially Affected By Water by Kyukastan: 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2020
Oblongata:
No sir you can’t.

For identification purposes, only the original hard copy is tenable; at least for sighting,before you can use a photocopy or soft copy

OK. Thank you so much for the response.

God bless you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Europe Flight And Ticket Prices...from An Experienced Folk / Brothers Crushed To Death In Ekiti While On Visit To Their Mother / What Needed To Jet Out From Nigeria To Any Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.