Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,416 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God (452 Views)

Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos / David Kingleo Elijah: Going To China To 'Destroy Coronavirus' – Nigerian Prophet / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2020
The coronavirus may not be as deadly as many viruses that man has dealt with, but no one can deny that it is a malaise, especially for our older populations, and those with medical conditions like asthma and diabetes.

However, no one is immune to the virus, and if a young person with a healthy immune system contracts it, he may get well, but what if he passes it to an elderly person?

One issue about this virus is that it can be asymptomatic for as long as 7 days, and during this time, it can still be transmitted from one person to another, and even though it is not as contagious as the SARS, it is nonetheless very contagious, having a transmission rate of 2.5%

Another problem is that scientists do not know about its major source of transmission. So far, three sources have been identified --- droplets, saliva, and feces -- but no one knows which source is the major one causing the most transmission.

Also, experts are not certain whether the disease is airborne or not. There are debates over how long the virus can stay in the air, and so far, no one knows. However, studies have shown that the virus can survive on metallic surfaces for up to 3 days, and on our hands for up to 10 minutes or thereabouts. But this are at best mere speculations.

Scientists don't even know where the virus came from. They believe it must have come from an animal (bats are the major culprits), but no one is sure. All everyone knows is that this coronavirus is new. There are even speculations that it might have come from space through an astroid.

So, with all these uncertainties, only God knows everything. He is the greatest physician. There is nothing in Heaven or on Earth that can be too mighty for Him to solve.

Turn to Him today, and He would keep you safe.

You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7)
Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by LordReed(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
The coronavirus may not be as deadly as many viruses that man has dealt with, but no one can deny that it is a malaise, especially for our older populations, and those with medical conditions like asthma and diabetes.

However, no one is immune to the virus, and if a young person with a healthy immune system contracts it, he may get well, but what if he passes it to an elderly person?

One issue about this virus is that it can be asymptomatic for as long as 7 days, and during this time, it can still be transmitted from one person to another, and even though it is not as contagious as the SARS, it is nonetheless very contagious, having a transmission rate of 2.5%

Another problem is that scientists do not know about its major source of transmission. So far, three sources have been identified --- droplets, saliva, and feces -- but no one knows which source is the major one causing the most transmission.

Also, experts are not certain whether the disease is airborne or not. There are debates over how long the virus can stay in the air, and so far, no one knows. However, studies have shown that the virus can survive on metallic surfaces for up to 3 days, and on our hands for up to 10 minutes or thereabouts. But this are at best mere speculations.

Scientists don't even know where the virus came from. They believe it must have come from an animal (bats are the major culprits), but no one is sure. All everyone knows is that this coronavirus is new. There are even speculations that it might have come from space through an astroid.

So, with all these uncertainties, only God knows everything. He is the greatest physician. There is nothing in Heaven or on Earth that can be too mighty for Him to solve.

You are my hiding place;

Turn to invisible magic sky daddy? LoL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
Covid19 is just one of the many PESTILENCES foretold by Jesus of Nazareth! Luke 21:11

There are more deadlier virus that's been ravaging mankind since Eden.

The reason why the world is in chaos now is because this virus is killing the rich and their money can't save them!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by heartbraker(m): 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2020
Maximus69:
Covid19 is just one of the many PESTILENCES foretold by Jesus of Nazareth! Luke 21:11

There are more deadlier virus that's been ravaging mankind since Eden.

The reason why the world is in chaos now is because this virus is killing the rich and their money can't save them!
BluntTheApostle:

You are my hiding place;

so u wan tell me say nobody belive in jesus among d people wey don die?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2020
heartbraker:
so u wan tell me say nobody belive in jesus among d people wey don die?

Jesus never promised anyone that you will not die o! cheesy

That's SCAMMER for you so WATCH! shocked

What Jesus said is there will be trouble upon trouble and problems upon problems on the surface of this planet until God's kingdom comes!

He never promised his followers that they'll be spared when all this is happening! cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by obisco4u: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
You mean the God under who's watch the virus spread? No thanks!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by heartbraker(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2020
Maximus69:

What Jesus said is there will be trouble upon trouble and problems upon problems on the surface of this planet until God's kingdom comes!

He never promised his followers that they'll be spared when all this is happening! cheesy
wet in happen to dis psalm ""You are my hiding place;
and surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7) huh??
Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by Dantedasz(m): 1:46am On Mar 22, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You are my hiding place;

Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by Dantedasz(m): 1:46am On Mar 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 22, 2020
heartbraker:
wet in happen to dis psalm ""You are my hiding place;
and surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7) huh??

Thanks for that thought provoking question!

Going by the thought of man,PROTECTION means when nothing evil happens to his BODY, but when God's word talks about protection it's not about our BODY but our SOUL!
The SOUL is the inner person you're, what you wish to be either for good or evil, circumstances surrounding you might be the motivating force molding you, in that case your SOUL is unprotected because whatever the circumstances demands is what you'll be. But those under God's protection will never allow circumstances or conditions to mold them as in character.
Consider Job, he was a righteous man from God's standpoint, when Job faced a very difficult situation in his life everything he had was gone and even his BODY has been seriously affected by the affliction Satan brought upon this faithful man. What did Job begged God for?
Well he said "please my God, KEEP me safe in my grave until your anger subsides, if i die now(in this condition), can i still live again (come back some other time)? I will wait all the days that you've set (in my grave) for all these evil deeds to be resolved, YOU WILL CALL ME AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, YOU WILL NEVER FORGET THE WORKS OF YOUR OWN HAND" Job 14:14-15 compare to John 5:28-29

So going by what Job is begging (praying) for, was he in any way pleading not to die? On the contrary, Job was begging God to help him in his struggle to maintain his righteousness which is the one and only criteria for God to REMEMBER him during the resurrection of faithful people! Matthew 10:28

So David wasn't saying he doesn't want to die, after all both good and evil people die and there is no age limit that God set for that now, even David himself has sent many people to their early grave.

But for God to protect his SOUL the one that God wants to preserve when all others who proved to be evil are gone for good! Psalms 37:7-11, 29; Proverbs 2:20-22

Thanks! smiley
Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by helinues: 5:49am On Mar 22, 2020
God wey no fit send Corona virus away, make we still run to him again?

Op you wicked ooo
Re: Coronavirus: Now Is The Time To Turn To God by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 22, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You are my hiding place;

God's Kingdom is not here yet, for now what interests him are the SOULS keeping his commandments NOT their perishable BODIES! Matthew 10:28

These are the signs he foretold will mark the end of the last days of wickedness on planet earth. The same thing happened in the days of Noah, people were busy going about their normal daily transactions, Noah was building the Ark, he completed it and NONE of his relatives followed him in apart from his immediate family, they can see animals like lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes, cows, goats even snakes and birds of the air all going into Noah's ark.
Until the door of the ark was shut!
Today TRUE Christians have been going from house to house for over 120 years now nobody took note, instead they're practicing worthless religions, they can see the identifying mark Jesus foretold as these people have LOVE amongst themselves.
Instead of running to go and join them majority were mocking them and calling them names, now the door HAS BEEN CLOSED, we have been ordered to stop visiting you people in your homes, our God will continue to give us directives through those he appointed to lead us.
For your information, we still worship our own God but how can you people know since you don't care to consider our reasons for coming to knock on your doors? You people know how every other religions around you worship because they makes noises to call your attention, but how Jesus asked us to worship you can't know since you don't care!
What Jesus said to the Samaritan woman is now been fulfilled fully as we are now WORSHIPING IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH!

Farewell! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Shares Food And Money / What Does The Bible Say About Dating? / Biafra Agitation: Change Your Approach, Odumeje Advises Fg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.