Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. (45605 Views)

Obasanjo Enforces COVID-19 Protocols At The Burial Of Florence Adenekan / Bayelsa Relaxes Social Gathering Order, Raises Number To 200 / Governor El-Rufai Climbs Truck As He Enforces Ban On Inter-State Movement (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by CanadaOrBust: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
ybalogs:
What will now happen to Bolaji's wedding on 4th now at Shomolu?

Exactly what I’m wondering too
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Hotfreez: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
tolakush92:

You're one of NIGERIA'S problem
After all the measures been put in place
You still waiting for the president to talk
To give you the cure of Corona?

Get Sense
He's working
Forget about talking �

You're very daft. What was expected is for them to close the border to foreigners and allow only Nigerians and those with Residence permits in. Even after that, those who come in would be quarantined for 14 days before they are allowed to step in and mix.

You see those measures they are making noise about, they are about to test it in Abuja. Congratulations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by bluefilm: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
So no market again abi na wetin? undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by iamwok: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
naptu2:

...He also spoke about danfos, but I think it will be much more difficult to enforce in danfos.

He can shut down malls etc but what about markets all around lagos where the stalls are all cramped up. E.g. Idumota
Enforcement in informal settings will be almost impossible.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by naptu2: 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
iamwok:

He can shut down malls etc but what about markets all around lagos were the stalls are all cramped up. E.g. Idumota
Enforcement in informal settings will be almost impossible.

That's why people should use their common sense.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2020
Corona ti take over,baba God please protect your servants !
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Kolping: 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
Online manipulators

This is a photo from a shipwreck of African migrants in 2013.

policy12:

Hmmm

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by colestephan86: 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
naptu2:
The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency alongside the Lagos State Safety Commission has started enforcing the new rules on social gatherings. The rules state that there should be no gathering of more than 50 people at religious centres, clubs, bars, lounges, etc.

LASEPA has therefore sealed of Prime Mall and Mega One Plaza for violating the rules. See pictures below.
Lagos state wants people to stay alive by force.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Chaiii, many weddings will be affected terribly. I pray the virus is tamed so that my wedding coming up in May will be a great success.

So presence of 50 persons won't make the wedding a success?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Chochovini: 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
I DON‘T believe there‘s anything like Coronavirus in Nigeria. Its simply overhyped. More like inviting what‘s not really here. And a ploy to get some money from a source of genuine concern.
So my people, stop panicking over nothing. Feel free to go about your normal business. Be happy.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Kolping: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2020

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
grin

This thing go hit Afonja well well o

All those child naming, Nikka and wedding owambe party with enough Amala ati gbegiri spirogyra soup will not be allowed again.

How Iya Munirat go take feed shidren now? No more take home on Saturday
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Kolping: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2020

1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by jeiz333: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
My advice;
i. Leave the super markets open
ii. deploy the police to ensure less than 30 people are shopping at a time
iii. items they can buy should be limited
iv. Close all CHURCHES and MOSQUE - they should use online services
v. Telecommunication companies should reduce cost of data and remove the data caps
vi. The govt should ensure that they have enough food in the essential stores to give free food and water to those who can not afford it

vii. STAY IN DOORS FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SERIOUS!!!!!

SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL HELP REDUCE THE SPREAD!!!!!!!

It is not a drill, this is reality.

See pictures of stores empty......

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by jeiz333: 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
This is REAL!!!!!

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by jiggyman(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
Make dem go seal idumota market, etc
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
So what will happen at the BRT queue? Will the ban affect it especially now that we have okada and keke ban
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nigerians should respect these directives for our own safety of life.

I will be going to one coded joint tonight, if I count the people there and they are over 40, that means I would have to go back home with blue balls.

no risk abeg.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by wazobia68: 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2020
I welcome both you and NwaAmaikpe back. What happened? both of you just disappeared
post=87638167:
Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

STAY SAFE GUYS.

You only live once.

For those that believe in God : May The Almighty God continue to protect us and every member of our family from this deadly virus.

And....

BE CLEAN, Don't touch your face, don't let anyone cough into your face and WASH YOUR HANDS at all times.

This too shall pass.

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by StagethemTVee: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2020
But the enforcers of the law are not observing social distancing o. If somebody sneeze for that place, party scatter.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by foolbuster: 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
alizma:
Watch how Nigerians who are disfavoured by the policy will criticize this bitterly but they will condemned buhari for taken decision to close the border a little late.
The same way people in PH, Abj Onitsha, Ibadan will be waiting for government to force them to abide by the preventive measures.

Stop bringing buhari into everything and turning it around to accuse others of doing same, nobody cares!!
It has already been proven and established that buhari is a monumental failure and the worst thing to happen to this country since the civil war.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by MrToothBrush: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2020
Openbusiness:
Mehn, now is a wonderful time to marry. 4 guests is OK. The father, the son, the holyspirit and the amala seller in case the bride don catch corona, she go chop amala tire like that Italian guy wey son recover grin
OPEN BUSINESS
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Mizwisdom(f): 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2020
Why not ensure that hand sanitizers and water to wash hand are available in such establishments instead?

But we Nigerians are sometimes stupid. I popped into an eatery yesterday to quench my hunger pangs, the hand sanitizer which they gave the security staff to give to clients entering the place was hidden and consistently used by her alone. She was hoarding the stuff, something as little as hand sanitizer is now what someone is hoarding. This is why I don't blame them for closing the place because somebody will surely abuse safety rules thinking he's wise.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by oyeb15: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
Just dont let the enforcement officers spread d virus
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
Mr Seun how about rules for gathering on Nairaland. Any changes with respect to CoronaV? cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by foolbuster: 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
jeiz333:
My advice;
i. Leave the super markets open
ii. deploy the police to ensure less than 30 people are shopping at a time
iii. items they can buy should be limited
iv. Close all CHURCHES and MOSQUE - they should use online services
v. Telecommunication companies should reduce cost of data and remove the data caps
vi. The govt should ensure that they have enough food in the essential stores to give free food and water to those who can not afford it

vii. STAY IN DOORS FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SERIOUS!!!!!

SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL HELP REDUCE THE SPREAD!!!!!!!

It is not a drill, this is reality.

See pictures of stores empty......

Lol, you should have added government distribute cash to everyone too like the US did.

Stop dreaming and wake up. This is nigeria where the leader is a confirmed cow in human skin. Its everyman for himself in this part of the world bro.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by dfrost: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Chaiii, many weddings will be affected terribly. I pray the virus is tamed so that my wedding coming up in May will be a great success.

Bros people coming or not to your wedding doesn't make it a success.

Be safe mate. All lives MATTERS.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by naptu2: 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Why not ensure that hand sanitizers and water to wash hand are available in such establishments instead?

But we Nigerians are sometimes stupid. I popped into an eatery yesterday to quench my hunger pangs, the hand sanitizer which they gave the security staff to give to clients entering the place was hidden and consistently used by her alone. She was hoarding the stuff, something as little as hand sanitizer is now what someone is hoarding. This is why I don't blame them for closing the place because somebody will surely abuse safety rules thinking he's wise.

At bold. That is precisely one of the things that they are checking for. They released a directive to such establishments earlier this week and part of those directives state that they are to ensure that hand sanitizers are available for their customers and that they check the temperature of everybody that enters their establishment.

Look at the pictures again, you can see a sign at one of the establishments that was not closed down and the sign informs their customers that they are to use the hand sanitizers.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Vulcan24(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2020
Did we force u to close border? awon spoilers!

do your beat and stop creating panic!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by naptu2: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2020
Meanwhile, this was a complaint by a Malaysian earlier this week.

naptu2:
Lots of people around the world are panicking (some of them unnecessarily) and this is creating strange situations. Here a Malaysian writes about how attempts to stop mass gatherings resulted in mass gatherings.

Balik Kampung = travelling to your village for holidays. Basically, people started travelling to their villages because schools and offices were closed.

How attempts to stop mass gatherings resulted in mass gatherings:

1. Delayed statement causing panic buying = gathering at shops

2. Closure of premises causing balik kampung rush = gathering on public transport

3. Police curbing balik kampung rush = gathering at stations

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. by Dollabiz: 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Jonathan’s Mistakes Buhari Has Repeated / HID Awolowo's Corpse And Casket (Photos) / Gbajabiamila Reacts To Banker Forced To Pay Customs Duty On Shoe & Bag At NAIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.