Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,094 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses (21206 Views)

Senate President: Senate Standing Rule And The National Assembly - Omo-Ikirodah / No Standing Agreement Between Tinubu, Makinde - APC Presidential Campaign Counci / JUSUN Strike: Wike Threatens To Enforce No-Work-No-Pay Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by blowjohn(m): 7:54am On Mar 22, 2020
ornicus:

better worry about yourself. the pandemic is no respecter of persons, tribes religions or affiliations. it will hit your region and you will forget all your delusions about being better than them.

Leave am na.
He has forgotten that the thing seems to move around the rich, upper and middle class.
Or is it an almajiri that will go to club to contract it or enter bus to get it

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Osidazz19: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2020
[[s]quote author=SouthNigerian post=87654382]My Southern Leaders!

Not wishing the North bad, but my heart shakes for that region.

The Pandemic will hit the North that they'll forget about Islamization of Nigeria.[/quote][/s]

Pls borrow or buy some sense.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Jeromejnr(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2020
Olalekank:
I thought we are not supposed to go out

Is it everyone that can enter BRT?
I don't see how people won't have bodily contact on danfo which is the popular means of transport.

Are you minding these guys.

If they want social distancing, they should make it complete. Not all these half baked rules.

What of people who cram themselves inside Danfo.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by francis5051: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2020
To me i think government should pass a strong warning to public transport drivers not carry any passenger without his/her nose mask,if caught carrying any passenger without mask huge penalty awaits I thinks this will help

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 22, 2020
blowjohn:

Leave am na.
He has forgotten that the thing seems to move around the rich, upper and middle class.
Or is it an almajiri that will go to club to contract it or enter bus to get it

it moves around everybody. the difference is the wealthy have the resources to try to plan. the poor will have to take whatever comes. what do you do when a test kit is 300 pounds?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by luminouz(m): 7:58am On Mar 22, 2020
Ishilove:
This is serious. No keke, no bikes, and very limited BRT buses. Very flawed transport system in Lagos and a very incompetent government at the helm of affairs.

God what a mess.

Forgive me my sins and In my next life Father please don't make me a Nigerian. cry

Yinmu...in a thousand lifetimes,you'd still be a Nigerian. Why? Because your soul is nigerian.

We gather dey oh wink
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Perfecttouchade: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2020
Our economy would have been saved during this sad period all over the world, if only our government did the necessary things before now..#thisshallpass
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by myettiallah: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2020
ornicus:

better worry about yourself. the pandemic is no respecter of persons, tribes religions or affiliations. it will hit your region and you will forget all your delusions about being better than them.
You dont really understand what he is saying

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by blowjohn(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2020
ornicus:

it moves around everybody. the difference is the wealthy have the resources to try to plan. the poor will have to take whatever comes. what do you do when a test kit is 300 pounds?

Yes it moves around everybody.....but all the infected people have been of the upper class.
Talking about test kit, isn't the government the one doing the testing?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by toffyz(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2020
Of course, that should be the norm. So if not bcs of covid-19 passengers would still be standing making the bus overcrowded.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by LowerPriceData0(m): 8:07am On Mar 22, 2020
NICE Move
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Swingate(m): 8:09am On Mar 22, 2020
The federal government should support companies and families to enforce a stay at home order or two weeks to enable them find and isolate new cases and reduce infections. This is the only solution to the problem, asking people to partially isolate while going to work and entering public transport is a waste of time.

They should also think about disinfecting public places like shopping malls, buses
and hotels

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Kylekent59: 8:10am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:
Lagos is far far ahead of Nigeria.

Whatever happens, this virus must not get to Abia. Ikpeazu left Abians and ran to the US and is stuck there. grin

You are saying trash.

Do you know how many buses go from lagos to Aba every day??

Some of you think like kids which can be very irritating.

People who enter public transport are even at more risk to getting the virus, because the door rails, seats, and the enclosed space might be filled with the virus resting on it.

When you go out to get something, always stand on your own, don't rest or lean against something.

No wonder they say as from Next month NEPA bill for people not using prepaid meter will be #1900.

They already anticipated what's gonna happen. People would be home witnessing how power supply comes and goes.

We really need to think big.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Hotfreez: 8:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Kylekent59:

You are saying trash.

Do you know how many buses go from lagos to Aba every day??

Some of you think like kids which can be very irritating.

People who enter public transport are even at more risk to getting the virus, because the door rails, seats, and the enclosed space might be filled with the virus resting on it.

When you go out to get something, always stand on your own, don't rest or lean against something.

Calm down, read my post again and comment. It's like you didn't understand what I posted.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by 6digitscomrade: 8:14am On Mar 22, 2020
sotall:
He noted that prior to the index case of COVID-19 and the subsequent directive from the State government, the company had always maintained high hygiene practices in all its buses.

Is it the same bus I use regularly where they park people like sardine. undecided
i read it and shook my head with disdain bro.. people just tell their own lies to the extent they believe them .. it’s pathetic how grown ups behave like autistic babies..
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by SouthNigerian: 8:16am On Mar 22, 2020
ornicus:

Hey man, we know the pandemic is no respecter of persons. Even so, the ones who will survive this turbulent times will still find their ways into survival.

But the reality is, the North is densely populated & that's a major problem.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by vioment: 8:21am On Mar 22, 2020
Gov of Lagos is leading on the principle that the right way is the best way.

Classic man. No fall my hand in the future.

Should have been done long ago.

Good job Gov.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Ishilove: 8:24am On Mar 22, 2020
luminouz:

Yinmu...in a thousand lifetimes,you'd still be a Nigerian. Why? Because your soul is nigerian.

We gather dey oh wink
Bad belle angry
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Shimran(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2020
SouthNigerian:
My Southern Leaders!

The Pandemic will hit the North that they'll forget about Islamization of Nigeria.
All is product of time. Islam and Muslims will continue to stand!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by SouthNigerian: 8:50am On Mar 22, 2020
Shimran:

All is product of time. Islam and Muslims will continue to stand!

Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Traditional Worshippers etc are all Divine creatures. Many shall be spared including Atheists, Christians, Traditional Worshippers, not Muslims alone.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Advancedman(m): 9:04am On Mar 22, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by naptu2: 9:12am On Mar 22, 2020
Advancedman:

Is your seat 1 Metre apart?

They can easily achieve that if they want to. It's not so difficult. Though I don't know what strategy they plan to use, but check out this picture below. You simply restrict people from sitting on certain seats.

2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Shimran(m): 9:30am On Mar 22, 2020
SouthNigerian:

Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Traditional Worshippers etc are all Divine creatures. Many shall be spared including Atheists, Christians, Traditional Worshippers, not Muslims alone.
Indeed that is one of the favor and just of the Divine Creature. Sorry maybe I misunderstood you for saying "the northerners will forget their islamization agenda"

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Emma1Oj(m): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2020
Ishilove:
This is serious. No keke, no bikes, and very limited BRT buses. Very flawed transport system in Lagos and a very incompetent government at the helm of affairs.

God what a mess.

Forgive me my sins and In my next life Father please don't make me a Nigerian. cry
What do u mean by "incompetent govt?" Is it Sanwo Olu that brought the virus to Lagos? U shld be happy you r in Lagos where the state is doing is best to put all under control bcus if u were to be in oda state I bliv u would v contacted the virus by now. Stop lamenting and follow the precontion measure.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Amanda4life: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2020
SouthNigerian:
My Southern Leaders!

The Pandemic will hit the North that they'll forget about Islamization of Nigeria.

Hey man, we know the pandemic is no respecter of persons. Even so, the ones who will survive this turbulent times will still find their ways into survival.

But the reality is, the North is densely populated & that's a major problem.

Do Aboki almajiri know how to observe hand washing?
Lack of education na real wah ala here
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Chamber2000: 9:40am On Mar 22, 2020
Ishilove:

God what a mess.

You will be a Nigeria forever.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by Smug4real(m): 9:42am On Mar 22, 2020
I've been wondering �
Does this also apply to the red lag buses? Those buses are something else; standing passengers are always more than the seated ones. I've been observing them from my window in Ebute metta ever since COVID 19 got to Nigeria and they still haven't changed a bit. There are times when the space between seats (that's space for standing passengers) would be filled up completely but the bus would still be stopping at bus stops to pick more.
In my opinion, it would be nice if the bus service can drop a number to call or create a platform where cases of overloading can be reported...or better still LASTMA or police Officials should be given the power to stop any bus that goes against the rule.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by naptu2: 9:47am On Mar 22, 2020
Regarding danfos, enforcement will be a bit more difficult, but the Lagos State Police command issued a statement yesterday that they will enforcement the limits on the number of people that can gather. They said that they will enforce this at supermarkets, malls, event centres and even buses. They said that they will take action against overcrowded buses.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by luminouz(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Bad belle angry
tongue
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses by SavageResponse(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2020
I wonder how they hope to be able to enforce this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fasoranti, Clarke, Nwodo, 13 Others Sue Buhari Over Lopsided Appointments / Anambra Airport Welcomes First Embraer 195, E2 Aeroplane / Kachikwu Bribed Niger-Delta Avengers With $10m - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.