Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers (60850 Views)

Lagos Seals Event Centre Where Petrol Was Shared As Souvenir / Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices / Atiku Inaugurates Green House Farm Of Akwa Ibom State Goverment (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by pek(m): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2020
I am in my house. No more church till further notice.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by DannyG8(m): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2020
Eizenburg:

What if it wasn’t closed? You would have stayed for service ba?
why not , are my the course of Corona virus ,
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Neoteny7: 11:10am On Mar 22, 2020
Silly people

Partying in the middle of a global health crisis

That's how some churches have refused to take heed, especially ECWA and COCIN.

They're busy praying for a non-existent god, or a devil-may-care god, to help them instead of helping themselves.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by OKOATA(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2020
Lucy001:

who are you are u for real, shame on u
The spirit of fear has enslaved your mind, purge yourself of the negative energy thee.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by todugo(m): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2020
haleymoon:
There are about 100 ways to catch corona. The negligence of the morons we have in power will definitely tell on Nigerians for abandoning their primary responsibility of building good hospitals in the country. It is not my wish cuz every dick, Tom and Harry will be affected when this corona eventually overwhelmes everyone.
THEY ARE NOT EVEN WEARING FACE MASKS grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by CrystalOkoye: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2020
crystalokoye:
Lol...How many places can they seal? Nigerians are generally not "introverted" (for lack of better word) people. Social distancing or whatever they call it, cannot work in our society.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by FuckThaMod: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2020
saraki2019:
Some Nigerians are foolish
Not some, most!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by philip0906(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2020
gnykelly:

OK... until you start recording thousands of death before you start distancing
No be only thousands of death...We did not practice social distancing when we had ebola, we did not either, when we have battled lassa fever with a way higher mortality rate.

It cannot work in Lagos, simple! Lagos is way too disorganized for anything of that magnitude to work.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by TONYE001(m): 11:20am On Mar 22, 2020
philip0906:
Lol...How many places can they seal? Nigerians are generally not "introverted" (for lack of better word) people. Social distancing or whatever they call it, cannot work in our society.

At the expense of your health.......or life?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 22, 2020
philip0906:

Yes it can work if we want it to. Don't be like Italians. They took this thing for granted. But right now social distancing is now the norm in Italy because the virus has hit them hard and they have seen how devastating it could be.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Lucy001(f): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2020
OKOATA:
The spirit of fear has enslaved your mind, purge yourself of the negative energy thee.

you are wrong, this is a time we all have to coperate with the govt to achieve a common goal, will you be happy if the virus attack any member of your family, see what is going on in Italy today, will you want that? As for me and my household no, capital no, I don't know about you and your house hold

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by philip0906(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2020
greenhulk:

Yes it can work if we want it to. Don't be like Italians. They took this thing for granted. But right now social distancing is now the norm in Italy because the virus has hit them hard and they have seen how devastating it could be.
It can't work, take that to the bank. Except Nigerians are dropping dead on the road, millions of Lagosians won't give a flying fvck.

Lassa fever with a way higher double digit mortality rate, did not make us practice social distancing...Ebola did not either.

There are millions of informal businesses in the city that thrive on day to day buying and selling, how do you expect them to survive? Even America with a huge economy is reeling from the effect, you now want our very poor and majority informal sector to practice social distancing or pretty much lockdown?

Like I said, till Nigerians see people drop dead in their droves on the streets, many won't give a hoot.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by jericco1(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2020
People no dey hear word
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Angelfrost(m): 11:27am On Mar 22, 2020
philip0906:

We will have to learn it and do so FAST!!!... Some Italians and Americans made such statements months ago, see where they are now.

The most populous and popular places in most parts of Europe have become quieter than cemeteries.

Nigerians must learn to isolate, or be compelled to by security forces.... This is not the time for owambe!!! Postponing such frivolities won't kill anyone!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by JayPeeOham: 11:28am On Mar 22, 2020
EBMedia:

http://igberetvnews.com/1344514/coronavirus-lagos-state-goverment-disrupts-party-meeting-seals-event-centers-photos/

Please we need a number we can call....incase we see all these religious mongers and non-patriotic citizens who have vowed never to see any good in Nigeria undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Angelfrost(m): 11:28am On Mar 22, 2020
pek:
I am in my house. No more church till further notice.

Just Church??! grin

Hope you are not going anywhere near markets, cinemas, weddings, family gatherings, etc.... Just live like a hermit till further notice!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by RapistOnBail: 11:29am On Mar 22, 2020
OKOATA:
Enough of his corona noise Abeg, I can bet that corona will never affect anyone in Nigeria, Chinese constitute the major percentage of foreigners that comes into this country, while the countries like Italy, Iran were being plagued this same foreigners from the affected countries were tripping into Nigeria, we would have heard about cases long ago before they closed the border and flights and we haven’t heard any cases, the only cases are for those coming from the affected country, so what’s the fear about it then, see to be honest corona will never affect anyone in Nigeria, let’s stop being pessimist, the corona you all are afraid of is being suppressed of so why the fuss, although we have to be very cautious and obey the rules set aside this time but please don’t let us live in fear, we will conquer this. Fear is nothing but the ghost of the mind.
grin
you are funny walahi
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Nreebge: 11:30am On Mar 22, 2020
philip0906:

It will work, just the UK, Italy and Spain even in Wuhan they accepted the fate because life is supreme. Who wouldn't go home and isolate himself/herself when around you one can feel the impact of the virus. My kid bro in Guangzhou sent videos of this corona and i stand to tell you that the only remedy to this is " Abstain for now and Sustain with that which will reduce the cases .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by MrFly(m): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2020
This is the right time to celebrate in Lagos. Owambe crew will understand better
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by michealdeco: 11:32am On Mar 22, 2020
ignis:
Nigerians are stubborn people who cannot adhere to simple instructions even in their grave.

What is so difficult about suspending public gatherings of more than 50 people ?

We can't defeat and curtail this pandemic with this kind of mentality and mindset.

The same people will come out and blame Buhari for not closing the border and suspending all international flights before the corona virus was discovered.

The problem of this country is Nigerians.
Asin ehh

And some of them are even arguing that no case of corona virus is in Nigeria
Some arguing that it's not as deadly as to shut down the whole country

Just imagine people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by kennyblac(m): 11:33am On Mar 22, 2020
What we don't understand is that Pandemics won’t kill the Government, it kills its people. If Government asked you not to go to churches or mosques and you refused. I don’t expect anyone to blame Buhari on our nonchalant attitudes.

You don’t need Buhari’s speech or intervention before you stay at home. Be smart and borrow yourself sense.

Government won't be in everybody's house telling us what to do. We are capable of controlling it on our own with simple adherence.

God bless 9ja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by middlebelter(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2020
Tookool:
If you look closely at the shade, you'd see that it has less than 50 chairs which I'm sure was for the said meeting. Hope someone is not trying to get at someone cus we politicise everything in this part of the world

What are you trying to defend? Is it too much to suspend party in the over all interest of all Nigerians? Don't you know that Nigerian like to take things for granted until faced with the consequences of their actions or inactions.

I wish LASG come down heavily on such people contravening and law. They should be made to pay huge penalties. This is because if their actions leads to the spread of the pandemic, the consequences may not only cost huge sums of money but lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by RapistOnBail: 11:35am On Mar 22, 2020
Graxie:
Yeye rules, you close church and mosque, parties but balogun market and other markets are open. Confused lots.
Damn! You sure reasoned like this?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by HappyAmInCANADA: 11:36am On Mar 22, 2020
please first time wey nigerian govt get small sense//ban every and buses,close oshodi markets
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by pek(m): 11:36am On Mar 22, 2020
Angelfrost:

Just Church??! grin

Hope you are not going anywhere near markets, cinemas, weddings, family gatherings, etc.... Just live like a hermit till further notice!!! tongue
Yes. I don't do cinemas. Have a wedding next weekend but not moving an inch. Family gatherings? That comes in December.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by RapistOnBail: 11:37am On Mar 22, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

How would government be interested in shutting down Economic activities that they're obviously gaining from??
Some people don't reason a bit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by poweredcom(m): 11:38am On Mar 22, 2020
I get one party oo so na like dis coronavirus wan spoil am
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by RapistOnBail: 11:38am On Mar 22, 2020
philip0906:

No be only thousands of death...We did not practice social distancing when we had ebola, we did not either, when we have battled lassa fever with a way higher mortality rate.

It cannot work in Lagos, simple! Lagos is way too disorganized for anything of that magnitude to work.
Sense won't kee you embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by OKOATA(m): 11:38am On Mar 22, 2020
Lucy001:

you are wrong, this is a time we all have to coperate with the govt to achieve a common goal, will you be happy if the virus attack any member of your family, see what is going on in Italy today, will you want that? As for me and my household no, capital no, I don't know about you and your house hold
If you read my post you will see that I didn’t downplay the efforts of the government, what am simply saying is that corona will never thrive in Nigeria. Mark this down. I can swear on it

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Keemsleek005(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2020
SmartyPants:

So the public proclamation was not enough notice?

Imagine goverment should pay part lol. If anything happens now they will say its government.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers by Timohstew(m): 11:40am On Mar 22, 2020
ignis:
Nigerians are stubborn people who cannot adhere to simple instructions even in their grave.

What is so difficult about suspending public gatherings of more than 50 people ?

We can't defeat and curtail this pandemic with this kind of mentality and mindset.

The same people will come out and blame Buhari for not closing the border and suspending all international flights before the corona virus was discovered.

The problem of this country is Nigerians.

The senior pastor of a church was Arrested today during church service for violating the rule of not more than 20 in a place at a time at Ekiti-state!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Miss You: Bukola Saraki Mobbed By Kwarans As He Arrives Ilorin (Videos, Pics) / 'see How Atiku Locked Down Nasarawa, Buhari’s Stronghold' - Dele Momodu / Tell Magu To Leave Me, Trump Didn’t Go After Obama’s Wife - Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.