Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (67549 Views)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by dangotesmummy: 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
Karmaisme:

Gbayi.
oshe jare.

Oda yanmo
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Ladycewhy(f): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
FanOfMyself:

The worse part is she still jumps from dick to dick at her age ,she has even added bleaching to her portfolio, I don't know how I ended up with such a disgusting person as a mother
take it easy bro she is still your mother .

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
rain21:
lol.., @24 you act desperately
I'm sure you must have other serious suitors coming your way but you prefer to stick with a guy who is not yet even sure of himself.

it's clear he's playing you and you still stick your ass there for 5 good years!!

return his ring and move on with your life, hope you are not already pregnant sha

With this your quote, u should be a single mother or spinster at 45 or thereabouts ? Just a question I asked abeg
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by GreenDee(f): 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
dominique:
You should have taken to your heels the moment you saw that living arrangement. Don't worry, he will marry you officially when he feels he needs a live-in househelp for his siblings and nanny for his grandma.
Swears!!! Babe for real gals gat to wise up, if She ends up marrying that guy, mehn she wont enjoy privacy in her marriage, she will still be controlled by external forces.

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SoNature(m): 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Women 100x better than you obviously.

Kill yourself..

Only the strong survives Nairaland grin grin grin

Oh boy, U harsh oh grin grin

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
Covik one nine.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by square7: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
You wrote with much negative energy coupled with extreme bitterness and unfounded moral facts and sarcacisms. Why condemning more an already self-condemned person?

[qauote author=NextD18 post=87678167]Give him
money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?
-Are you learning any skill?
-Do you have any meaningful thing to boast of?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

No use your head now wey you young!
Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy [/quote]
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Wendymary: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
I don't believe in wearing engagement ring. When you pay my bride price, I will start wearing engagement ring, I will even buy it my self. But don't give up, maybe he is waiting for the right time... But babe if you see a suitor marry him o.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Stacyomolola(f): 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Nooil:

Please eh, women are suffering enough. Sisters don't need to get curses because of their brother's myopic vision. Curse the brother directly. Thank you.

Noted darling

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

I know you truly love this man.

He is a mumu man.

Give him some conditions.

Ignore those insulting you on the thread. Majority are frustrated from no relationship, no money to feed well.

Tell your man first, that you would not cook for his whole family again. His siblings are not kids nah.

Secondly, tell him to rent another place for two of you, if he still wants you. It's simple. Even if he rents One Room Self Contained. Just accept it, don't argue with him.

Social Distancing creates healthy relationship.

Relationship needs privacy.

4 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Stacyomolola(f): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
[quote author=Seunallly post=87702937][/quote]

Another fool at loose
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla

I'm too late to this thread but I would advice you not to marry that man.

1. Even if he chooses to actually marry you, you should be more worried to get into a house hold as such.
-> NEVER MOVE INTO A FAMILY HOUSE, YOU WILL DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME. No be curse.

2. The relationship has too many uncertainties, so It's best you leave.
3. He may be a kind man but he has too many burdens, life is all about balance & he cannot achieve that.
-> SAME REASON I CAN HARDLY MARRY A FIRST CHILD LADY.
I DIDN'T COME TO THIS WORLD TO SUFFER or CARRY BURDENS ON MY SHOULDER.

I actually disagree with what crackkhaus & NextD18 said completely.
Even if you have a great job, with this kind of relationship settings, You will still suffer till you old.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Aplaudez(m): 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
Paxie55:
You are still very young for this nonsense.

lol...
I have a girl of 21 wearing that thing called ring in my department, we're in our HND days, the guy did a month to when the girl is coming to school for her HND, now she's tired of the whole thing, she's in love with me, and me I just fuvk and look away, kilokanmi.....

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Zubychukwu: 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
Cut off the finger wearing the ring
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Munzy14(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy
Nice words!

I don't think she is actually made for the guy.

If a lady is meant for u, even if na zinc house u deh stay, she will join u.
This one is after being comfortable..And I think her desperation and pressure on the guy,made him engage her.

By the time confused people on nairaland load her with wrong info,she will become an online wanabe feminist...cheesy hawking wrong advise like agege bread.

The world have changed,if a lady is not adding value to a man's life, she should stay in her father's house.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
dominique:

In addition to chef and nanny, she would also be housekeeper, dishwasher, errand girl and mai ruwa (in case there's no running water there). How can a young girl open her eyes and jump into a relationship with a man with this kind of family baggage on his shoulder? Even if he eventually marries her and moves away from that family house, his siblings will still continue to pile up demands on him and if he's unable meet the demands, she will be blamed and resented.

She's lucky she's got age on her side, unfortunately she may have gotten pregnant. If I were her, I'd pawn off that ring to those aboki gold buyers in Yaba market and flee from marrying into such family.
Wise words dominique...

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Collins4u1(m): 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
You're already having problem with his family without them causing you any harm. You're your problem. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
Aplaudez:

lol...
I have a girl of 21 wearing that thing called ring in my department, we're in our HND days, the guy did a month to when the girl is coming to school for her HND, now she's tired of the whole thing, she's in love with me, and me I just fuvk and look away, kilokanmi.....

You can't compose simple sentences or use punctuations. Your post is full of grammar errors; no spacing or paragraph. But you can bleep and look away.

Useless generation. So-called future leaders. Tomorrow, they'll say the government isn't giving them jobs.

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by DADAYO5: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
Calm down. You are just too hard on her abeg
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?

Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by oldroad: 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hmmmmmm. Mk i no yan yet
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by TruthinAction: 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
You are not supposed to live with a man you are not married to. It devalues a woman. Your worth will reduce. Why would he be interested in marriage when he is already getting the food for free. If you had your separate apartment, he will treat the marriage issue with a sense of urgency expecially if you operate the Bible policy of no marriage, no sex.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by ACE1010: 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?

Oh boy see see scrolling grin grin
If this babe brain no reset, ehhh, it means village people are at work in her life grin grin
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ladies are always rushing men for marriage as if the bills will come from their pocket.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by mechanics(m): 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
Just talk to him and let him know how you are feeling, I really understand what you are passing through, for him to just hold you down is wrong because you might might missed serious men coming for your hand in marriage.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by neoG(f): 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
Is this really what you want at 24?
Gurl you've got ample time to explore.
You can only attract you.
Meaning, the kind of man you want, you must first become that person.
Work ur ass off now. Read books. Learn new skills. Add value to yourself. And know God for yourself.
Do a self assessment and set new goals for yourself.
I doubt if I would have worn a ring on my finger since last year May without asking the way forward now.
Why? Because I know who I am. I love myself and I have confidence in who I am.
Knowing fully well that a man married to me has an asset and not a liability...
Keep ring aside and work on yourself mentally, intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually and you will command attraction from the kind of man you have always dreamt of.
Don't think you can change a man after marriage and vice versa. Is not possible
Best of luck

HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by zueman8080(m): 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
Unintelligent women uses marriage to dudge responsibilities of adulthood. When U can't cope with a man's family why trying to come in. U can't marry a man & just expect him to throwaway people he has known for more than 30yrs just for U. No...,.. only foolish men falls to that treck nowadays. If marriage it's a big periodity to U now & U can not cope with his family around, just take a walk please. Him been the source to the family for now is the most important & not rushing into marriage that will separate him from his family because of selfishness.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by crackkhaus: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
truthsayer009:

I actually disagree with what crackkhaus & NextD18 said completely.
Even if you have a great job, with this kind of relationship settings, You will still suffer till you old.
You have addressed the OP and given her your opinion as you feel is best.

Why exactly do I still need to know that you disagree with me? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

14-yr-old Girl Delivers Triplets For Her 16-yr-old Boyfriend / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.