Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? (67556 Views)

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / What Happens To The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2020
frozen70:

The guy in question is not ready for marriage in the next five years

These are my reasons

He rented am apartment that harbours every members of his family, he can't force them out and he can't afford to go get a private one for his personal accommodation

His siblings are benefiting from his charity and they are staying with him to get the balance they need to stand

You will have to live in that same house with him if he should marry you and it means you will have to be unhappy with it where as he sees nothing wrong with it

He engaged you because he knows that you guys have been dating for four years now and you are looking forward to his engagement, but bear in mind that he can't move a step beyond that because he doesn't have the ability to start a family when his siblings are yet to get there ground

He doesn't even have the money for the marriage and he wants you to keep marking time the way he is marking time and as you do that with him, you are on your own

As you keep living with them, your money, energy, sacrifice are going into the family yet no reward for it

My advice, prepare your mind to quit the relationship as that's the only way to move on with your future

Meet him, remove the ring and give it to him, tell him you have tried so far waiting for him to seal the relationship but from the look of things, he is not prepared and you have to move on

If he pleads with you to bear with him, tell him you will bear with him but the ring have to be removed from your finger so that your hand will be free

If he says he is ready, tell him to give you time, but make sure you give him the ring back to his palm and don't receive it back

Before you do this, be prepared emotionally so that you don't have a heart break

Awesome!
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by xrayj(m): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
dominique:

The biggest mistake you'll make is marrying someone so attached to his family. Someone who his siblings are completely dependent on. Even if he moves to a one bedroom apartment, they will still come to him. The women that married such men are counting their regrets and wishes they never married such person. Don't add yourself to the numbers.
So someone shouldn't be close to his family again?? Na wa O
I hope u will be saying same thing when you become a mother....
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by airminem(f): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
remele2:
Na ur type dey pursue family pple comot....

Those same pple wen u want out, na same pple
Wen go ginger dem brother to make sure say he marry you.

Do that mistake of telling him u dnt want the younger once around and see how he will collect that ring.
Thats right... grin
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Mavor: 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
You need good hot slap to reset your brain.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by franchasng: 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Thanks everyone
My family's not aware of the living arrangement, I never told them cause I know they wouldn't support the union if they knew
I'm a graduate, I'm working and equally run a business, to everyone saying I want him to throw his family out, I don't know but how do you want me to be comfortable living with 34-40yr Olds? And they don't seem to be bothered about having a bearing in life, sorry but that's the highest height of irresponsibility, sometimes, he doesn't have money and I have to support him financially and shouldering his family's responsibility, I find that very awkward, I can take care of someone younger but definitely not a full blown adult.
I feel your pain and frustration, you have every damn right to be worried, Nigeria's sorry economy situation isn't helping matters for young Nigerian guys, it has made many to become hopeless and helpless cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Chidonc:

No brother, let the siblings start taking care of themselves. Things are hard but we also need to give each other space to grow.
This man loves what's happening...

I don't think her fears Is the large presence she sees... I think its desperation he finds herself..
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
Nooil:

Hope you know the baby is likely a month old? The seed has already taken root. If you want to advice, just be plain with it.
You can't b so sure. Anyways it's best she evacuates it to avoid stories that touch later.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Qadaffi2idiamin:

I don't think her fears Is the large presence she sees... I think its desperation he finds herself..
You men should tell yourselves the truth! You engage a lady but yet show no serious sign of settling down and u call her desperate?

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ibrahiimo:
Wetin my EYES no go see

Wetin my EAR no go hear

And a HUMAN being will MARRY this one

Wonders Shall Never End!!!
Keep sentiments aside. Well, i heard it works.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Bobowest(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Stop lying, you are just 24. He never chased you off any suitors. You can still meet a lot of suitors if you position yourself well. Good luck!!!
HelloHolla:

Thank you for the contribution, I accepted his ring because I thought he was going to "change" and perhaps, start living on his own, obviously, he doesn't look like he's moving anywhere, he has chased off other eligible suitors off me.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Trojan8(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hello Helloholla,

I do not give out relationship advice but the sadness I felt in your story made me do this. The thing is, this path you are currently on won't work. Yeah, it will be emotional and painful to do the needful but you have to. Love is never enough. Alot of persons are saying your man is responsible, but I will hold a different view. A responsible man won't have two siblings living with him and their spouses, that's the height of everything. Those siblings won't leave, they are already comfortable with that kind of lifestyle. Even if you manage to fight this issue and he gets them somewhere else, his family will always hate you. There will always be a time when he can't fulfill their needs, they won't blame their brother the blame will be on you. You will age quickly thinking of ways to make people that hate you love you. God forbid something bad happens to him, it's over for you and your children. Take a moment and think about your life, you can't live like this. It's not worth it and will never be worth it. Your man is not ready to act like a man. He has not chased them out but he is already accusing you of creating a wedge between him and his family.

Please I am begging you, just leave him. You have to, you just have to.

7 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:
Thanks everyone
My family's not aware of the living arrangement, I never told them cause I know they wouldn't support the union if they knew
I'm a graduate, I'm working and equally run a business, to everyone saying I want him to throw his family out, I don't know but how do you want me to be comfortable living with 34-40yr Olds? And they don't seem to be bothered about having a bearing in life, sorry but that's the highest height of irresponsibility, sometimes, he doesn't have money and I have to support him financially and shouldering his family's responsibility, I find that very awkward, I can take care of someone younger but definitely not a full blown adult.

Why are u adding salt and Maggie now cos people called u out?

Leave if u want to and let that man be.
He will sort himself out and marry later.

If u have the money, rent a house so u two can move in or fund the wedding
Since u bail him out most of the time or don't u want to get married to him.
With your attitude alone, the marriage won't survive up to 2 yrs.

Know one thing, what most people tell u here is the opposite of what they will do.
Both men and women.

Many women have married into families like this and turn the family around positively.
Was expecting to see questions like how will i help, tactics to use so he can talk to his people and they will start doing something not childish rant.
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
Helloholla...Pls don't listen to these bitter feminists and evening newspapers on here....

Be patient with him and talk to him about this,you have a good man in your hands who is working his ass off to take care of his family,shows he is going to be a good family man and won't shy away from his responsibilities when he finally ends up with you which is rare with guys nowadays....

Try to have a heart to heart convo with him,try to know his goals,dreams and plans for the future then by this you know if you are in it,share yours to him as well....

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?
-Are you learning any skill?
-Do you have any meaningful thing to boast of?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

No use your head now wey you young!
Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy

University of savagery Alumnus.I hail o cheesy

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Seunallly: 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
̷@̷̷H̷̷e̷̷l̷̷l̷̷o̷̷H̷̷o̷̷l̷̷l̷̷a̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷I̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷o̷̷p̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷e̷̷r̷̷i̷̷o̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷g̷̷e̷̷t̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷d̷̷e̷̷l̷̷a̷̷y̷̷e̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷o̷̷t̷̷h̷̷e̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷r̷̷e̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷d̷̷a̷̷y̷̷s̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷I̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷o̷̷p̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷e̷̷g̷̷i̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷e̷̷e̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷l̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷o̷̷s̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷r̷̷e̷̷g̷̷n̷̷a̷̷n̷̷c̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷y̷̷m̷̷p̷̷t̷̷o̷̷m̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷e̷̷c̷̷o̷̷m̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷v̷̷e̷̷r̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷e̷̷a̷̷r̷̷f̷̷u̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷'̷̷r̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷r̷̷e̷̷g̷̷n̷̷a̷̷n̷̷t̷̷.̷̷
̷̷
̷̷P̷̷e̷̷r̷̷h̷̷a̷̷p̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷i̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷o̷̷u̷̷l̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷a̷̷k̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷e̷̷n̷̷s̷̷e̷̷s̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷P̷̷e̷̷r̷̷h̷̷a̷̷p̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷i̷̷t̷̷'̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷e̷̷e̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷r̷̷e̷̷a̷̷l̷̷i̷̷s̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷e̷̷e̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷a̷̷l̷̷k̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷w̷̷a̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷r̷̷o̷̷m̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷r̷̷e̷̷l̷̷a̷̷t̷̷i̷̷o̷̷n̷̷s̷̷h̷̷i̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷A̷̷S̷̷A̷̷P̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷4̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷e̷̷a̷̷r̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷l̷̷r̷̷e̷̷a̷̷d̷̷y̷̷?̷̷ ̷̷2̷̷4̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷e̷̷e̷̷m̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷n̷̷g̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷u̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷'̷̷r̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷o̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷r̷̷r̷̷y̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷r̷̷s̷̷e̷̷l̷̷f̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷Y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷a̷̷l̷̷k̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷w̷̷a̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷r̷̷o̷̷m̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷i̷̷s̷̷.̷̷.̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷g̷̷e̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷i̷̷n̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷o̷̷t̷̷h̷̷e̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷w̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷e̷̷a̷̷r̷̷s̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷i̷̷f̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷r̷̷e̷̷l̷̷a̷̷t̷̷i̷̷o̷̷n̷̷s̷̷h̷̷i̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷d̷̷o̷̷e̷̷s̷̷n̷̷'̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷o̷̷r̷̷k̷̷ ̷̷o̷̷u̷̷t̷̷?̷̷ ̷̷Y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷'̷̷l̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷2̷̷6̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷O̷̷n̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷h̷̷o̷̷l̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷e̷̷a̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷g̷̷o̷̷e̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷d̷̷o̷̷n̷̷'̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷e̷̷e̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷y̷̷o̷̷n̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷e̷̷l̷̷s̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷l̷̷o̷̷v̷̷e̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷2̷̷7̷̷!̷̷ ̷̷c̷̷h̷̷e̷̷e̷̷s̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷T̷̷h̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷o̷̷w̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷e̷̷o̷̷p̷̷l̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷g̷̷e̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷3̷̷0̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷i̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷e̷̷m̷̷s̷̷e̷̷l̷̷v̷̷e̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷t̷̷i̷̷l̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷l̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷e̷̷a̷̷r̷̷c̷̷h̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷.̷̷
̷̷
̷̷B̷̷e̷̷t̷̷t̷̷e̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷o̷̷v̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷o̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷r̷̷o̷̷m̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷r̷̷e̷̷l̷̷a̷̷t̷̷i̷̷o̷̷n̷̷s̷̷h̷̷i̷̷p̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷l̷̷e̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷o̷̷r̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷d̷̷e̷̷s̷̷e̷̷r̷̷v̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷i̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷.̷̷
̷̷
̷̷I̷̷'̷̷l̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷r̷̷a̷̷y̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷r̷̷e̷̷n̷̷'̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷r̷̷e̷̷g̷̷n̷̷a̷̷n̷̷t̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷Y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷j̷̷u̷̷s̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷c̷̷a̷̷n̷̷'̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷f̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷e̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷H̷̷a̷̷h̷̷a̷̷h̷̷a̷̷h̷̷a̷̷h̷̷a̷̷h̷̷a̷̷.̷
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
FanOfMyself:

You're a murderer!!! God will judge you!!!
Lolsss... If she comes tomorrow asking for help to feed her baby, you'll b the first to call her scam. I'm a realist, freaking objective...

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I hope she learns this sooner than later. Sadly, most of them never learn. Love is blind, they say.

But the senses shouldnt be blind, too. These babes, sef.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by chatinent: 7:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Lord of the rings.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
nuele:

Na survival strategy o lol.

I think the guy and the lady need to agree on a plan. He has to settle matter. He can even rent them another place.

But he shouldn't dispose them off to nowhere.
You must think the guy Issa Dangote son ba? Do u know if he's struggling
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Gosamezu: 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
To me, that guy may love you, but not yet ready to marry pls

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by danny34(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
You are just 24 and you are complaining. What are your achievements in life? Y don't you focus on earning a living to support your man. Because if are earning something, together u too can rent a place n move out.

You have not entered the family, yet u are already complaining of you can't cook. In your house, don't you cook for your siblings everyday? But occasional cooking for your man n his siblings is draining.

You have not entered the family but you stay with them.

Listen to me, when you finish dreaming, u will wake up. Don't rush him. Build your self up and start earning money.

About your period being 2 days late, when you were doing what married people were doing, did you call us. Now you are telling us.

HelloHolla:
Good evening everyone, I've been a guest for quite a while, created an account cause I need advice from the audience.

How long should an engagement ring be worn for? I've been engaged since last year May (dated for 4yrs), my Fiance hasn't talked about proceeding to do introduction or marriage, it's like he just proposed to me because he felt like.

This man has refused to be on his own, his Grandma and 5 siblings (younger and older) live with him and he takes responsibility for them all, two of his siblings living with him also have their partners living with them. It's only a 3 bedroom flat. I feel like quitting the whole thing cause I don't feel comfortable going to his house. When I do, he wants me to cook for everyone which gets me strained.

With the look of things, he has no plans of moving out for them cause he rented the apartment, neither do they have intentions of moving out on their own, it's more like a family house. My period is two days late and I'm scared to the marrow.

Please advice me on what to do cause I can't live with him if they're still there after marriage, he's not even talking about marriage, I've not asked him yet so as not to sound desperate but why propose if you don't have plans of doing the next thing after a max of 6 months?

He's 31 and I'm 24

Thanks.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Seunallly: 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
Stacyomolola:
̷N̷̷e̷̷x̷̷t̷̷D̷̷1̷̷8̷̷ ̷̷o̷̷h̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷l̷̷e̷̷a̷̷s̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷h̷̷u̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷p̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷A̷̷l̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷i̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷i̷̷m̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷u̷̷p̷̷p̷̷o̷̷r̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷e̷̷l̷̷l̷̷o̷̷w̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷l̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷e̷̷n̷̷d̷̷e̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷p̷̷i̷̷l̷̷l̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷r̷̷a̷̷s̷̷h̷̷,̷̷
̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷l̷̷i̷̷f̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷u̷̷r̷̷p̷̷o̷̷s̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷i̷̷s̷̷t̷̷e̷̷r̷̷s̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷i̷̷f̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷r̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷n̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷t̷̷u̷̷n̷̷a̷̷t̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷a̷̷v̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷o̷̷n̷̷e̷̷.̷̷
̷̷S̷̷h̷̷e̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷e̷̷e̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷ ̷̷c̷̷o̷̷o̷̷k̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷a̷̷s̷̷h̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷c̷̷h̷̷i̷̷n̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷g̷̷e̷̷n̷̷e̷̷r̷̷a̷̷l̷̷l̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷o̷̷u̷̷s̷̷e̷̷h̷̷e̷̷l̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷e̷̷x̷̷t̷̷e̷̷n̷̷d̷̷e̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷a̷̷m̷̷i̷̷l̷̷y̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷k̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷t̷̷t̷̷e̷̷r̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷o̷̷r̷̷s̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷e̷̷'̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷o̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷e̷̷v̷̷e̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷p̷̷r̷̷o̷̷p̷̷o̷̷s̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷r̷̷r̷̷i̷̷a̷̷g̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷c̷̷a̷̷l̷̷l̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷e̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷a̷̷n̷̷n̷̷a̷̷b̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷e̷̷m̷̷i̷̷n̷̷i̷̷s̷̷t̷̷.̷̷
̷̷M̷̷a̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷i̷̷s̷̷t̷̷e̷̷r̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷e̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷o̷̷n̷̷e̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷A̷̷M̷̷E̷̷N̷̷.̷̷
̷̷S̷̷u̷̷c̷̷h̷̷ ̷̷d̷̷e̷̷t̷̷r̷̷i̷̷m̷̷e̷̷n̷̷t̷̷a̷̷l̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷n̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷t̷̷u̷̷n̷̷a̷̷t̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷u̷̷n̷̷r̷̷e̷̷a̷̷s̷̷o̷̷n̷̷a̷̷b̷̷l̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷m̷̷e̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷e̷̷a̷̷d̷
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
Chidonc:

No brother, let the siblings start taking care of themselves. Things are hard but we also need to give each other space to grow.

I don't think her fears Is the large presence she sees... I think its desperation she finds herself..
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Amanee:
When he's supposed to tell you exactly when the wedding is taking place as he's giving you the ring...

Some girls una too mumu

For your mind now you're engaged. You better go on your knees and pray to whatever you believe in that you're not pregnant so you can easily throw away that chain and walk away.

grin grin grin grin
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by victorian(f): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

Thank you for the contribution, I accepted his ring because I thought he was going to "change" and perhaps, start living on his own, obviously, he doesn't look like he's moving anywhere, he has chased off other eligible suitors off me.

Babe u gave him the power to chase off other suitors.

But why even consider a man whose family and granny lives with him?

That day he called u to. Come cook for everyone should have been an eye opener for u.

All he needs is a maid not a wife.

I said last night, that guys in their 30s are not ready to settle down, especially if he's financially OK.

The ones clamouring for let's leave together as husband and wife without getting married are guys in their 30s that are still struggling to feed, how. Much more marry. They look out for a working class babe, be it younger, older or same age. Sweet talk her into moving in with him or he moves in with her, so he can have frees sex whenever he wants and free home mademeals, with free children whom his babe will definitely be taking care of, while he feeds off her in the name of :

I GO MARRY YOU.

I have seen several naive desperate women fall into this trap!

the earlier u throw away that bondage called engagement ring and date someone with less baggage the better for you.

Think!

6 Likes

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by danny34(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
Savagery at its height..... Real women support their men and earn respect..

crackkhaus:

Women 100x better than you obviously.

Kill yourself...

1 Like

Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by kingsleybrave(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
HelloHolla:

Thank you ma.
I pity you ....
You're taking advice from a frustrated feminist.....
You will just end up in the same pit that she's.....
Establish your self by adding value and worth to yourself....this maybe the only way he can even give you a listening ear.....if you are total liability..... anything you tell him will definitely gets him irritated..... because at that moment he will be seeing you as an added problem (liability)to his already existing problems
Get sense !
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You men should tell yourselves the truth! You engage a lady but yet show no serious sign of settling down and u call her desperate?
Look at it from every angle...

The man wants the woman and committed to their relationship... Did he forget he engaged her? I don't think so...

Women should also understand that patience is also a very important virtue.
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

How's she too desperate? You think every lady out there wants to turn to an evening newspaper before they finally settle down? undecided

Do you even know if she has her goals and ambitions set out and achieving them already? I see no reason why a girl shouldn't settle down at that age as long as she brings something beneficial to the table.

And yes, she should act desperate because her future is on the line. The decision she takes right now is liable to make or mar her. Many 24 year olds and even younger are getting married. If you like, wait till 38 before you settle down, na your own be that.

C'est finis! kiss
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Seunallly: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
dominique:
̷Y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷h̷̷o̷̷u̷̷l̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷a̷̷v̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷a̷̷k̷̷e̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷o̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷e̷̷e̷̷l̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷o̷̷m̷̷e̷̷n̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷a̷̷w̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷a̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷l̷̷i̷̷v̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷r̷̷r̷̷a̷̷n̷̷g̷̷e̷̷m̷̷e̷̷n̷̷t̷̷.̷̷ ̷̷D̷̷o̷̷n̷̷'̷̷t̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷o̷̷r̷̷r̷̷y̷̷,̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷i̷̷l̷̷l̷̷ ̷̷m̷̷a̷̷r̷̷r̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷y̷̷o̷̷u̷̷ ̷̷o̷̷f̷̷f̷̷i̷̷c̷̷i̷̷a̷̷l̷̷l̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷w̷̷h̷̷e̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷e̷̷e̷̷l̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷e̷̷e̷̷d̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷ ̷̷l̷̷i̷̷v̷̷e̷̷-̷̷i̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷o̷̷u̷̷s̷̷e̷̷h̷̷e̷̷l̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷i̷̷b̷̷l̷̷i̷̷n̷̷g̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷a̷̷n̷̷n̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷f̷̷o̷̷r̷̷ ̷̷h̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷g̷̷r̷̷a̷̷n̷̷d̷̷m̷̷a̷̷.̷
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by nuele(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You must think the guy Issa Dangote son ba? Do u know if he's struggling

I wouldn't know for both cases. Anyway, my clear point is, if he must discharge them it shouldn't be empty handed. He already started it. He can't throw them away suddenly
Re: For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? by Lovelife433(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
NextD18:
Give him money to rent another apartment if you can't cope with him and his family in the same building.

Or better still, give him money for wedding expenses if you can't wait or exercise some patients till he's ready for wedding!

You are 24!
-Do you work?
-Are you a student?
-Are you learning any skill?
-Do you have any meaningful thing to boast of?

Who and what are you exactly to the society and what exactly are you impacting in his life to warrant such thoughts of pressurizing him into sending his families out and marrying you as soon as possible!!

Smh! Keep fvckin him with reckless abandon, until you get pregnant, then will you understand the gravity of your fvckery!!

No use your head now wey you young!
Kpata kpata you'll turn to a single mother and a feminist wannabe, nothing go still change! Men go still dey ball higher!
Ask single mothers and feminist wannabes how they ended up and if anything changed in their lives after ranting and hating on men. cheesy
well don, u spoke my mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture) / I Got Pregnant Without Sexual Intercourse, Woman Tells Court In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.